Yay 2v8 sucks
I'm so glad to hear people aren't enjoying this stupid game mode. It wasn't what people wanted the first go round & it's never been a good idea since. Like almost all the game modes it's been another pointless way to clutter the already failing code of DbD & chaos shuffle may be the only remotely successful one.
I myself haven't played 2v8 at all & am so glad the challenges haven't forced me to as well. I refuse to be a statistic that makes BHVR think they've done good just because I played it too like everyone else. It's not good for the game, it's clearly not good to many others either & all I'll say to finish off is that I hope this can act as the much needed 'wake up' (XD remember when that was a perk) call this game needs a HEALTH UPDATE, not a bugfix, not a patch, not more killers survivors etc. an actual break to be fixed properly. No more silly game modes, use the time to do what needs doing BHVR.
I'm so glad 2v8 sucks. What's next?
Comments
It sucks this time only because the devs put 2 braindead bots in every match.
And the bugs arent great. Wesker n Legion arent having too great of a time rn
Okay. There's simply not liking a certain mode, and then there's taking pleasure in watching it burn. The most vocal seem to prefer the latter, and I don't understand why.
With the exception of bots, which are soon to be limited to 1 or done away with, everything changed about the mode has been due to popular suggestion or complaint. I don't see many complaints about the killer POV, so I'm assuming the problem is with survivor. But then, how so? Killers now have to manually pick up, leading to flashlight and pallet save potential. There's a comeback mechanic where the more survivors caged, the faster the gens go. There are classes with abilities that would be unbelievably powerful in the main mode, like instant 50% heals for all, pallet rebuilding, old Object, and team Sprint Bursts. There's pallets everywhere, the maps are huge, and there's less than 10 gens to do, even though most everything else was doubled. Teammates can be bad, but that's always the case in multiplayer games. So what could possibly be so much worse in this mode than in the regular game?
Y'all have short memories if you say you've always thought of the mode as a bad idea. People asked and waited YEARS for this mode. Almost unanimously, that's how popular an idea it was.
If you're upset with the devs for not fixing the game, simply expect and demand more of them. Don't take that anger out on these fun modes.
Mean, Legion & Nemmie are trying their best :c
I don't think it sucks. I just think currently the cons outweigh the pros (for me personally)
Threads like these are why i cannot take what the community says serious half the time.
2v8 was great until bots and Legion were introduced. At least for me, getting rid of those two things and keeping everything else would make it super fun again.
Played 2v8 last time round. 4 games which was 3 too many.
Awful game mode and definitely better stuff to play and do other than endless queue times for a few minutes of actual game play.
I personally won't be loading dbd until 2v8 is gone and hopefully for good.
This be the last comment ill do in 2 v 8 post. Stop stressing yourself about it and play regular mode which imo is better cause if your bp hungry or trying to prestige up chars, its a good time cause of the 400 and ofc you can bring offerings for truck loads. Last night vs a trapper I got out with 200k bp using a cake( no other bp offering was there) but it would have probably been more had he not focus on 1 person while the 3 of us survived.
Later on today after work am hoping there be 5 offerings per match for juicy bp gaining, faster I get trevor to 100 the better so I can go back in my p100 leon using cool re 6 skin.
I have not been playing DBD and I was waiting to come back for this mode… but I got a few rude surprises that have kept me away.
Firstly Legion: I play the medic role every time if I can and Legion hard counters so my entire role is effectively useless. Plus free injures are far more consequential in 2v8 where another killer is in play.
Secondly: yeah the bots too, I know killer queues are long but if people refuse to switch to surv to get a faster match… well, sucks to be them I guess.
It's got potential to be a good mode, but every iteration they've added something to make it a little bit worse. Things like:
If you don't take it at all seriously, it's still fun and it's gotten much better since they ditched the 2 bot lobbies. But frustrations are beginning to creep in for me.
That's your opinion does not make it true for everyone else. Most of issues they have done fixes. Survivor side in mode need more changes to make it more interesting still. I escape most games in the mode but it still lack something what 1vs4 has even that mode is super killer sided and solo survivor is miserable.
2vs8 is definetely great for solo survivors but for swf 1vs4 is great with more things to do so many of them rather play killer they finally can do it together and it's so much fun. Few things that comes to mind 2vs8 lacks.
2v8 is fine other than Legion and Bots.
The worst part about 2v8 is the awful latency why they keep putting these events on their worst servers is beyond me
it has always sucked since the first iteration...
What do you mean?