Camping and Tunneling In Event Queues

Seriously something needs to be done about this. In my last 5 games as survivor in Chaos Shuffle, I've been hard camped and tunneled starting at 5 gens, 3 of those matches. It does not make me want to play Chaos Shuffle with how horrifically sweaty killers are playing and I play both sides. A lot of people go "Well if Survivors wouldn't play like this every Chaos Shuffle round then I wouldn't camp and tunnel" but the amount of sweaty killers to sweaty survivors is so far apart that the entire grand canyon could fit between them and there would still be a gap between them. I feel like at this point hard camping and tunneling in event queues needs to become bannable. No one is playing event queues because they want to sweat their ass off and it is incredibly unfun to actually try and play the game mode and not be able to do anything because the killer just happened to see me first and I will be dead before I can do anything else. If you want to sweat that hard, please do everyone a favor and go back to the regular queues. Clearly you don't have intent to actually play the mode.

Edit: My initial "solution" isn't actually a good idea nor do I think the devs should actually do it. I just said it out of annoyance of the round I had just come out of. I still believe a solution needs to be found and implemented, but making it sound "illegal" as someone in the comments said, is too far from me.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877259#Comment_3877259

    I would not make an alt when I have 20K posts lol

    SWF is fine as is. Maybe a little weaker than I'd like, but it's fine.

    People make alts for lots of reasons.

    SWF is not fine as is, by evident of the entire state of the game lol What you meant to say is that you're fine abusing SWF, good for you :)

  • @Roco45 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877284#Comment_3877284

    People make alts for lots of reasons.

    SWF is not fine as is, by evident of the entire state of the game lol What you meant to say is that you're fine abusing SWF, good for you :)

    Although I pay attention, I'm afraid I haven't played in over six months.

    Likewise, all of my friends refuse to touch the game due to how miserable it has become. Even if we win, it feels like a loss. It wasn't fun, it was stressful.

    I am sad to see that you've resorted to strawman arguments, I was hoping you had a point.

  • Having played a good amount of killer and survivor has left me with a mixed feelings about camping and tunneling, especially later in the game. (I'm not a big fan of tunneling somebody out at five gens and it's not something I myself do)

    As killer, I must admit that the constant tbags take their toll after a while. Especially when survivors hang out at the exit gates just to get that last tbag in. Although some killers might not admit it, that final tbag at the exit gate after a curb stomp really is the origin story for a lot of them. That or some spicy survivor complaints in the endgame chat. At some point I think it becomes an ego thing. It becomes a not wanting to be embarrassed thing. It becomes an I don't care about their enjoyment because they obviously don't care about mine thing.

    As survivor, I find being tunneled out of the game at five gens to be so frustrating that I find myself not wanting to play survivor as much anymore. My last game tonight on chaos shuffle was against a dredge who tunneled me right out of the match before I could hardly even play it. Yes, I know some people will say skill issue. And they are correct. I do not have the skill ceiling to fend off a hard tunneling Dredge in soloq with teammates who have no intention of taking protection hits.

  • @angel_pellegrino said:

    Having played a good amount of killer and survivor has left me with a mixed feelings about camping and tunneling, especially later in the game. (I'm not a big fan of tunneling somebody out at five gens and it's not something I myself do)

    As killer, I must admit that the constant tbags take their toll after a while. Especially when survivors hang out at the exit gates just to get that last tbag in. Although some killers might not admit it, that final tbag at the exit gate after a curb stomp really is the origin story for a lot of them. That or some spicy survivor complaints in the endgame chat. At some point I think it becomes an ego thing. It becomes a not wanting to be embarrassed thing. It becomes an I don't care about their enjoyment because they obviously don't care about mine thing.

    As survivor, I find being tunneled out of the game at five gens to be so frustrating that I find myself not wanting to play survivor as much anymore. My last game tonight on chaos shuffle was against a dredge who tunneled me right out of the match before I could hardly even play it. Yes, I know some people will say skill issue. And they are correct. I do not have the skill ceiling to fend off a hard tunneling Dredge in soloq with teammates who have no intention of taking protection hits.

    in Chaos Shuffle you literally don't have tools to deal with survivor splitting gens in early game (survivor version of tunneling btw, and is the most optimal survivor play), so why saying skill issue to people tunneling on already very weak killers?

    Also, dbd community is very wrong when they call such thing as "tunneling at 5 gens" (impossible against any soloQ team that decides to do their objective and lasts more than 20s in chase) toxic, but they justify tunneling cuz of tbags. You are technically using toxic version of tunneling when you do this, and that version will just lose you the match, eventually killing only that one survivor (who managed to do their job in taunting you so well that their team won)

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Seriously something needs to be done about this. In my last 5 games as survivor in Chaos Shuffle, I've been hard camped and tunneled starting at 5 gens, 3 of those matches. It does not make me want to play Chaos Shuffle with how horrifically sweaty killers are playing and I play both sides. A lot of people go "Well if Survivors wouldn't play like this every Chaos Shuffle round then I wouldn't camp and tunnel" but the amount of sweaty killers to sweaty survivors is so far apart that the entire grand canyon could fit between them and there would still be a gap between them. I feel like at this point hard camping and tunneling in event queues needs to become bannable. No one is playing event queues because they want to sweat their ass off and it is incredibly unfun to actually try and play the game mode and not be able to do anything because the killer just happened to see me first and I will be dead before I can do anything else. If you want to sweat that hard, please do everyone a favor and go back to the regular queues. Clearly you don't have intent to actually play the mode.

    Edit: My initial "solution" isn't actually a good idea nor do I think the devs should actually do it. I just said it out of annoyance of the round I had just come out of. I still believe a solution needs to be found and implemented, but making it sound "illegal" as someone in the comments said, is too far from me.

    Trying to play event queues for fun at all is pointless it's like DBD league every match with no rules 4 insane toolboxes/medkits or killers playing for 4k5 win condition

  • @Roco45 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877229#Comment_3877229

    You keep deflecting. Idc that SWF was added when the structure wasn't set up for it, that's not at all even remotely close to what I've posted about. SWF should be balanced, not balancing the rest of the game around SWF when the majority of Survs are SoloQ and the majority of Killers don't even want to play against a SWF because of how unbalanced it is.

    Don't even talk about forced nerfs, the entire Survivor gameplay experience has been gutted to allow for Killers to compete with SWF. Just more selfish misinformation from the same people.

    What misinformation did I state? I don't need to deflect, the real issue is lord forbid 4 comptent survivors end up together and you have to face split pressure where tunneling and camping fall apart when not used as an actual strat instead of a Braindead tech. The balance you're crying for doesn't exist in this game bro sorry to break it to you. When survivors are lost is when killer is at its most powerful when Cooperating together and competent the killers power creep slows significantly and requires actual skill and mental thought. If you want to balance solo q up to swf levels then advocate for that but to lower swf to solo q standards is just moronic. Peak survivor gameplay and skill expression happens when survivors work together, why would you want less competitive matches? Lastly did you ever think that they aren't balancing the game for the weaker players.

  • Lmao how about that bro alt accounts? we have different views for the most part aside from this post but it's a honor to be likened to your alt @Pulsar lol

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Seriously something needs to be done about this. In my last 5 games as survivor in Chaos Shuffle, I've been hard camped and tunneled starting at 5 gens, 3 of those matches. It does not make me want to play Chaos Shuffle with how horrifically sweaty killers are playing and I play both sides. A lot of people go "Well if Survivors wouldn't play like this every Chaos Shuffle round then I wouldn't camp and tunnel" but the amount of sweaty killers to sweaty survivors is so far apart that the entire grand canyon could fit between them and there would still be a gap between them. I feel like at this point hard camping and tunneling in event queues needs to become bannable. No one is playing event queues because they want to sweat their ass off and it is incredibly unfun to actually try and play the game mode and not be able to do anything because the killer just happened to see me first and I will be dead before I can do anything else. If you want to sweat that hard, please do everyone a favor and go back to the regular queues. Clearly you don't have intent to actually play the mode.

    Edit: My initial "solution" isn't actually a good idea nor do I think the devs should actually do it. I just said it out of annoyance of the round I had just come out of. I still believe a solution needs to be found and implemented, but making it sound "illegal" as someone in the comments said, is too far from me.

    Because it's the easiest I'm not ashamed to say spreading pressure to others is very difficult and most of the time a determent especially in shuffle if you want base protection against tunneling and camping them killers will have to have slowdown and regression as a tradeoff

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877285#Comment_3877285

    Although I pay attention, I'm afraid I haven't played in over six months.

    Likewise, all of my friends refuse to touch the game due to how miserable it has become. Even if we win, it feels like a loss. It wasn't fun, it was stressful.

    I am sad to see that you've resorted to strawman arguments, I was hoping you had a point.

    So you and your friends don't play the game because of how bad it's become, but yet you're on these forums combatting anyone who states the real issue with this games balance. That's actually incredibly sad.

  • @Xxjwaynexx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877256#Comment_3877256

    What misinformation did I state? I don't need to deflect, the real issue is lord forbid 4 comptent survivors end up together and you have to face split pressure where tunneling and camping fall apart when not used as an actual strat instead of a Braindead tech. The balance you're crying for doesn't exist in this game bro sorry to break it to you. When survivors are lost is when killer is at its most powerful when Cooperating together and competent the killers power creep slows significantly and requires actual skill and mental thought. If you want to balance solo q up to swf levels then advocate for that but to lower swf to solo q standards is just moronic. Peak survivor gameplay and skill expression happens when survivors work together, why would you want less competitive matches? Lastly did you ever think that they aren't balancing the game for the weaker players.

    You literally stated the difference between SoloQ and SWF yet are still shilling for SWF to keep those advantages. SoloQ will never and can never be brought to the level of SWF, that's common sense. SWF can and should be brought down to the level of SoloQ and if people have an issue with that, they should keep their lame duck excuses to themselves, it's quite apparent that any pushback for nerfing SWF is entitled survs wan their advantages at the expense of everyone else which has led the game to become as horrible as it is rn.

  • @Roco45 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3877287#Comment_3877287

    So you and your friends don't play the game because of how bad it's become, but yet you're on these forums combatting anyone who states the real issue with this games balance. That's actually incredibly sad.

    The real issue is that they've managed to take everything fun and enjoyable out of the game.

    The chaos was fun.

    I think it's too late now. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak, in regard to MMR and the game becoming more competitive.

1 2 ›