New chest spawn = Skeleton Key/Dull Key problem
While i dont mind the new chest spawn too much for most items its definately a problem that it can drop Skeleton Keys and Dull Keys. Both allow up to your entire team to leave the game early via hatch.
You can keep the new spawn rate if you want just make it so that chests CANT drop Skeleton Keys and Dull Keys. This is bullshit. Randomness/Luck that gives away free escapes. Skill gets entirely replaced via luck this shouldnt be the case.
Its worse enough that they exist but giving free escapes via luck frequently is just dumb.
Comments
They could balance it by giving Killers chests aswell, with a chance to drop mori's or other ORIGINAL, NEW stuff! Such WOW!
breaths in luck got buffed so we complain, luck is actually usable so we should complain, where were you before the update, are you actually applying map pressure to prevent hatch from spawning?
Neat Idea.
Could give the kiler one time use buffs like:
Overloaded Cog: applies overcharge to the next Generator kicked.
Blind Mans Eye: Next Survivor hit suffers from the blindness effect until healed.
Faulty Gear: Applies Pop Goes the Weasel to the next kicked Generator.
And such.
I don't know why they said after positive reaction we're giving more chest drops, but completely ignore the positive reaction from Killer's bloodweb.
Yeah, I equipped plunderer and dull/skeleton keys actually becomes a norm.
I got 3 dull keys and 2 skeleton keys out of 12 matches. 5/12 is just too much. It might purely be luck too though.
They definitely should do something about this.
Luck is actually usable? Either you are trolling or you didnt read the patch notes. We are not talking about the luck offering. Luck offering WASNT CHANGED AT ALL. We talk about this:
After seeing the positive reaction to higher rarity items being looted from chests during the Winter Solstice, we've updated chest drop rates to support this after the event ends
This results into dull/skeleton key beeing looted very frequently meaning people get free escapes by randomness. So randomness aka luck gives free escapes which is bad.
You guys do know the rules for the hatch to spawn, right? For 4 survivors to escape through hatch, all gens must be done. 3 survivors 4 gens and so on.
Sure that dosent mean that noone can get a free escape. Very likely scenario for example is 3 gens repaired 2 remaining they escape through the hatch which costs you the victory. They just got out via hatch cause of randomness getting a dull/skeleton key from the chests (which isnt unlikely with new chests) It isnt too bad if they get a purple toolbox or flashlight but getting an free hatch opening from a chest is just dumb.
You said luck
I had about 10 games so far since the patch when survivors were able to get dull or skeleton keys without any luck attributes or plunderers from the trial. Probably happened even more, but those were the only ones I noticed
Luck is an english word. I didnt say luck offering. And if you would be smart you would have gotten it. At least after randomness/luck, but apparently mr. troll isnt smart enough. I feel with you.
If you didnt figure out that i wasnt talking about the luck offering since i havent used the combination of luck and offering aka luck offering i dont know how to help you. I said Randomness/luck since luck is an english word and the patch notes state that the chests where changed not the luck offering you could have maybe thought for yourself just for a sec instead of posting something whitch makes you look dumb.
Chests have ALWAYS had the ability to drop Skeleton and Dull Keys, this is nothing new. The only thing new is that the chance/frequency has been sigificantly increased. While it sucks as killer, I don’t see a problem with it.
TBH though, I’d prefer to have both keys and moris removed from the game. I don’t consider either fun, no matter which side you are on.
Sort of contradictory.
This is not a problem with the fact that you can get them out of chests.
It's more of a problem with the item itself and getting them from blood-webs is even worse.
You need to lookup the definition of contradictory.
Yup. By saying what I quoted you said, "it sucks for killer" (one whole side of the game) indicating something isn't up to par as it should be, then you immediately claim " I don't see a problem with it."
Then after claiming you see no problem you say its unfun for both sides. This either means you do see there is a problem or you truly believe something being unfun is fine, though the latter would then contradict you saying "it sucks for killer".
Pretty sure I understand the word just fine.
@MegaWaffle said:
See, I can do the same thing. Taking something out of context makes your argument false.
? Fail to see how what you quoted from me did any of that. I also explained in detail why I felt what you said was contradictory in my post. Oh well this internet argument isn't going to go anywhere.
dont be a dick
But with that said, I'm totally down for a key/mori/ultra rare nerf. I'd rather the winner be determined by skill instead of who brought the biggest guns.
Yea keys specifically should be toned down just because of what they do.
IMHO Dull Keys shouldn't even be a thing. Neither should Broken Keys. Skeleton Keys should be the only keys in the game.
The make Rainbow Map a purple rarity, remove the normal Map and all the add-ons that let you track different stuff (they are all worthless anyway). Add a few more add-ons to increase charges. That would be a lot better overall.
Totally with you on the maps.
You are totally right that for a 4 man escape (which wont happen much anyway) they would need to do all gens. However its a pretty likely scenario to get 3 gens done and do a 2 man escape (after you already killed 2) via a dull/skeleton key one of them found in a chest. While it was a problem before the update aswell, it is much more likel now. And i think escapes you get from being lucky with the chest rng shouldnt be a thing.
I'm not against increasing the rarity of Chest items but it shouldn't spawn Keys too often or else it'd break the game .
But it is the same on both sides those Rare / ultra rare items percentage seem to be very high for both killer and survivor
Esp that Survivors can bring keys too if they wanted to.
Broken Keys are worthless. The aura reading can be done with perks like Bond way better. Blood Amber uses the charges way too fast to be any sort of useful on Broken Keys. There really is no point to them if they can't open the hatch, that is the whole purpose of a key. Whenever I find one of these in a chest I leave it. It's not even worth taking. I'd rather have a white medkit.
Keys should open the hatch. That is their purpose. Skeleton Key should be the only key in the game, being ultra rare and such makes it a cost-reward sort of thing. Dull Keys are just a cheaper version of that which can also now be found in chests very easily.
It would make a lot more sense to remove Broken and Dull keys, adjust the Maps as I suggested before, and leave the chest drops the way they are. Then Skeleton Keys would be a very rare thing like they are supposed to, and you have a chance to get a Map that's actually useful.
Just an fyi dull keys have always had the possibility of spawning in hatches before when someone used a luck offering and I can remember getting several over 7 months ago from Vigo's offerings. It was usually a Hag match where a flashlight would've been much nicer.
I am not talking about luck offerings they currently dont affect chests and werent changed in the patch. What was changed are the chests so they drop more rare items more likely (like during the winter event)
Yes you could get dull keys from chests before (which was a problem then already since it allows early escapes through randomness) but now its much much more likely to get them. I get them very frequently and this is bad.