So freddy update in January

What is everyone expectations of what it's going to change?

Comments

  • One of two things;

    Absolutely meaningless number tweaks that won't really change Freddy's situation but will make him slightly more viable (like Pig).

    Or

    Significant changes that makes him so unhealthy/broken that it gets reverted/nerfed into oblivion and we're basically back to square one (like Twins).

    In all seriousness, in the last year none of the rework attempts amounted to anything so I have little faith. He would honestly need to be looked entirely over.

  • Gets Wraith'd and immediately nerfed for being "wee bit powerful."

  • I am expecting Freddy to become incredibly easy to win with.

    These developers won't be happy until there are people going on 1000 win streaks with every killer.

  • Realistically - nothing exciting. Best case scenario - they give Freddy back his old dreamworld mechanic (intangible until he pulls survivor in the dream world where they get short grace period before they can be attacked) and combine it with his V2 abilities so he gets the best of both versions while also receiving some lift ups.

    But I hope they somehow give Freddy pocket dimension to where he pulls survivors to chase them 1 v 1 without any chance for their teammates to aid them directly. Like the void from event except he can just pull the survivor there.

    Like, Freddy is invisible / intangible by default. First hit doesnt do anything to survivor (but since Freddy is invisible to them and they cant know how close he is, it's borderline unavoidable) except pulling them in the dream world. Second hit (in trial grounds to asleep survivor) pulls them inside the "boiler room" which is basically an unsafe mindgame-able tile(s) where Freddy can easily outplay survivor and on third hit they go down and can be hooked or killed right away if they've reached the hook stage.

    That's basically very bare concept for what I personally wish Freddy to be and I think if just more is added on it, it could be amazing.

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    Realistically - nothing exciting. Best case scenario - they give Freddy back his old dreamworld mechanic (intangible until he pulls survivor in the dream world where they get short grace period before they can be attacked) and combine it with his V2 abilities so he gets the best of both versions while also receiving some lift ups.

    But I hope they somehow give Freddy pocket dimension to where he pulls survivors to chase them 1 v 1 without any chance for their teammates to aid them directly. Like the void from event except he can just pull the survivor there.

    Like, Freddy is invisible / intangible by default. First hit doesnt do anything to survivor (but since Freddy is invisible to them and they cant know how close he is, it's borderline unavoidable) except pulling them in the dream world. Second hit (in trial grounds to asleep survivor) pulls them inside the "boiler room" which is basically an unsafe mindgame-able tile(s) where Freddy can easily outplay survivor and on third hit they go down and can be hooked or killed right away if they've reached the hook stage.

    That's basically very bare concept for what I personally wish Freddy to be and I think if just more is added on it, it could be amazing.

    I do like the idea of this quite abit

  • Man I'd do anything to even get some semblance of the original Freddy

  • Thanks for making the post, you made my day!

    I just hope for Freddy to finally come back...

  • There's a small part of me that hasn't given up on the idea this rework comes with a skin featuring Robert England's classic rendition of the character, since I believe he mentioned recently an animated high quality voiceover was practically the only way he was willing and able to play Freddy. New Line would seriously be leaving money on the table not taking advantage of the opportunity while they have it.

    As for power, I'm hoping they draw a much bigger line between the Dream World and the Waking World, and that Freddy get some sort of new physical ability to supplant the underwhelming snares he's been stuck with for far too long.

    Who knows? With the way the roadmap looks, the whole chapter could be overhauled. Badham has been one of the maps glitched recently, could be a result of BHVR messing around with it. Wishful thinking, but the wait is in its endgame now.

  • @SoGo said:

    Hello, Freddy mains!
    This is my (hopefully final) attempt to buff Freddy to make him more fun, powerful and interesting. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, so feel free to comment.

    • Freddy is invisible to everyone who's awake, and his terror radius is replaced by his lullaby for the awake survivors.
    • When coming close to a Survivor, he can pull them into the Dream World. During this process, survivors become Incapacitated and can intermittedly see Freddy.

    When in the Dream World:
    • Survivors suffer from a 20% action speed penalty.
    • Can see Freddy.
    • Can hear Freddy's terror radius.
    • Can see and be affected by Dream Traps.
    • Can see the Dream Projection happening.
    • Can be attacked by Freddy.
    • The amount of fog on the map is increased significantly, reducing the survivor's vision. The map also becomes moderately darker and almost completely colorless.

    Freddy's abilities:
    • Dream Projection - Now works with finished gens as well.
    • Dream Hooks - 6 random hooks change into Dream Hooks at the start of the trial. Unlike normal hooks, only Freddy and asleep survivors can see and interact with them and the survivors hooked on them.
    • Dream Snares
    • Dream Props
    - This includes Dream Pallets, Totems, Chests and Breakable doors. These act all in a similar way, they can be put in spots where they could spawn naturally, and interacting with them makes them dissolve into blood and alert Freddy, with the exception of Breakable doors, which Freddy can walk through, making them dissolve, while survivors can't walk through them.
    • He can create up to 20 Snares/Props

    Ways to wake up:
    • Getting woken up by an awake survivor.
    • Waking up with a Medicine Cabinet.
    • Getting hooked on a normal hook.

    Medicine Cabinets:
    • Replacement for Alarm Clocks
    • Survivors can interact with them while awake or asleep, with the interaction changing depending on their state.
    • When awake, interacting with these will put survivors to sleep. When asleep, interacting with these will wake you up and make you unable to fall asleep for 20 seconds.

    Add-on changes:

    Red Paint Brush:
    • All survivors start the trial asleep.
    • Changes the shape of Dream Snares into rectangular puddles that are 2 m wide and 8 m long
    • Reduces the amount of maximum tokens to 10

    Black Box:
    • Asleep survivors are unable to escape through the Exit gates.
    • Increases the amount of Medicine Cabinets by 2

    Pill Bottle:
    • Replaces Fake Chests with fake Medicine Cabinets.
    • When spawning a Fake Totem, it will look like a lit Hex Totem.

    Class Photo:
    • Suppresses the appearance of the Husk
    • During the Dream Projection, all generators spew blood. (removed downside)

    "Z" Block:
    • Survivors interacting with a Medicine Cabinets become Deafened until hit by Freddy.

    Swing Chains:
    • When hooking a survivor on a Dream Hook, the duration of their hook stage timer is shortened by 15%.
    • Removes 3 Dream Hooks.

    Unicorn Block:
    • Survivors become Oblivious for 45 seconds  when triggering a Dream Trap. (The timer doesn't reset when triggering a trap while already affected by this add-on)

    Nancy's Masterpiece:
    • Reduces the cooldown of Dream Projection by 4% for each asleep survivor, up to a maximum of 16%

    Jump Rope:
    • Increases the amount of Dream Hooks by 2.

    Blue Dress:
    • Increases the range of Dream Transition by 30%.
    • Decreases the length of Dream Transition by 2 seconds.

    Paint Thinner:
    While asleep, survivors suffer from the following effects:
    • A 35% chance to trigger a difficult skill check while repairing or healing.
    • Skill check success zones are reduced by 20%.

    Cat Block:
    • Survivors become Exhausted for 30 seconds when interacting with a Medicine Cabinet

    Nancy's Sketch:
    • Reduces the cooldown of Dream Projection by 3% for each asleep survivor, up to a maximum of 12%

    Outdoor Rope:
    • Increases the audible range of repair noises by 8 meters. (Removed condition)

    Green Dress:
    • Increases the range of Dream Transition by 20%.
    • Decreases the length of Dream Transition by 1 second.

    Prototype Claws:
    • The Nightmare is completely invisible to survivors during Dream Transition.
    • The Incapacitated status effect will not appear on the HUD.

    Sheep Block:
    • Survivors become Blind for 60 seconds when triggering a Dream Trap (Same condition as the Unicorn Block)

    Wool Shirt:
    • Increases the range of Dream Transition by 10%.
    • Decreases the length of Dream Transition by 0,5 seconds.

    Garden Rake:
    • When triggering a Dream Prop, survivors scream and reveal their location for 3 seconds.

    Kid's Drawing:
    • Reduces the amount of power tokens by 10
    • Gives a 100% bloodpoint bonus in the Sacrifice category.

    This is how I'd rework him.

    1. They already said that a return of OG-Freddy is NOT what happens in january :-(. VERY SAD
    2. I guess they will - because its not Killer "Tweak", but "Killer Update" - give him Snares and Pallets together like Clown
    3. For that, they will nerf the Dream Projection / maybe you cant fake it anymore or you need an addon to fake it, because they will make the useless Class Photo Basekit (what worries me)
    4. optical overhaul to the Dreamworld

    I HOPE, THEY WONT KILL HIS FAKE TELEPORTS.

    I HOPE, they at least give us more addons worth using.

  • @KaTo1337 said:

    1. They already said that a return of OG-Freddy is NOT what happens in january :-(. VERY SAD
    2. I guess they will - because its not Killer "Tweak", but "Killer Update" - give him Snares and Pallets together like Clown
    3. For that, they will nerf the Dream Projection / maybe you cant fake it anymore or you need an addon to fake it, because they will make the useless Class Photo Basekit (what worries me)
    4. optical overhaul to the Dreamworld

    I HOPE, THEY WONT KILL HIS FAKE TELEPORTS.

    I HOPE, they at least give us more addons worth using.

    Dude your idea seems boring since snares and pallets are already useless in most cases I really think they need to make him different

  • same as every version of freddy. gets buffed. survivor complain he's good → gets nerfed to be freddy tier.

  • @dreamWarden said:

    What is everyone expectations of what it's going to change?

    His dreamworld may change somehow so that he’s finally compatible with Light’s Out if it ever comes back again.

  • At this point I do not know what to expect.

    For a long time I was certain that my favorite killer would return, but the developers have already confirmed that it isn't happening.

    So now I genuinely don't know. I am lost.

  • @Virginboi123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3825880#Comment_3825880

    Dude your idea seems boring since snares and pallets are already useless in most cases I really think they need to make him different

    You misunderstood me. This is not my "idea", this is my suggestion what BHVR will do. I do NOT want this.

    There are a lot of things people suggested in the past. OG-Freddy, Fake-Objects, Snares/Pallets-Basekit, Addon-Pass, Mixture of OG-Freddy and current Freddy and so on.

    My idea is: Keep your expectations low (just look at the Twins) and maybe you are able to be surprised in a positive manner.

  • Sadly not old Freddy returning.

    I sincerely hope that they at least implement features of old Freddy to make the killer more interesting of an experience.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    Sadly not old Freddy returning.

    I sincerely hope that they at least implement features of old Freddy to make the killer more interesting of an experience.

    Indeed.
    Freddy has so much potential to be one of the most enjoyable Killer in this game. I expect nothing, but I hope for a banger.

  • Nothing to look forward to for either side

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    Sadly not old Freddy returning.

    I sincerely hope that they at least implement features of old Freddy to make the killer more interesting of an experience.

    From what I remember, the hallmarks of old Freddy were: The ability to have cross-map aura read, passive slowdown akin to Pentimento, and delay before a chase can start, but absolute invisibility until a survivor is tagged to enter the dreamworld.

  • Whatever they do, it can't be much worse than current Freddy.

    I hope they'll take over some parts of old Freddy's design while keeping the teleport. It will probably end up like with Billy though, where for a week everyone will be happy and then he'll get nerfed. Multiple times. Which, given their track record of Freddy nerfs, is pretty scary.

  • I honestly don't know what they'll do. They seem intent on ignoring the people who want at least a semblance of Old Freddy back, though, which is a huge shame.

  • @KaTo1337 said:

    1. They already said that a return of OG-Freddy is NOT what happens in january :-(. VERY SAD
    2. I guess they will - because its not Killer "Tweak", but "Killer Update" - give him Snares and Pallets together like Clown
    3. For that, they will nerf the Dream Projection / maybe you cant fake it anymore or you need an addon to fake it, because they will make the useless Class Photo Basekit (what worries me)
    4. optical overhaul to the Dreamworld

    I HOPE, THEY WONT KILL HIS FAKE TELEPORTS.

    I HOPE, they at least give us more addons worth using.

    Where was it confirmed OG Freddy isn't coming back? I am hoping we get something closer to a blend of new Freddy's "he can use powers to effect survivors in the dream world" and old Freddy's "The dream world is oppressive and survivors want to wake up asap, but Freddy is weak if survivors can stay awake". I really hope they take inspiration from the void and make Freddy able to teleport survivors and himself into a separate dream world to 1v1 them. Or add fake gens, fake totems, etc. in the dream world, etc. Point is new freddy's dream world is really wimpy especially since the slowdown addons got removed and puddles and pallets were both nerfed. He also no longer sees asleep survivors auras, which I thought made him great for target-switching and juggling survivors mid-chase to keep people off gens.

    I don't want a straight revert to old Freddy because he was unhealthy for the game even though I enjoyed his playstyle, but I want a rework to take at least a few design ideas from old Freddy with a dream world survivors actively want to stay out of. Also, Freddy needs to not have his aura shown to awake survivors. He turns invisible when he's far enough away from them, but his aura can still be read if the survivor is awake which is really bizarre. (Old Freddy didn't have that problem. Not sure if it's just a bug/oversight or intentional design choice.)

    As you said I do think they're going to combine puddles and pallets at the very least, it's dumb we have killers like Clown and Vecna who have multiple powers they can swap between mid-match, but Freddy has to bring an addon to REPLACE his puddles with pallets, which means if you prefer pallets you effectively have 1 addon slot with Freddy. I also think his teleport might be changed.

    I also suspect his addons are getting HEAVILY reworked. Freddy's addons are almost all garbage, like "Show a survivor's aura when they fail a skill check when asleep" or "fake pallets, when dropped, show the survivor's aura for 1/2/3 extra seconds" etc. He has a few good/fun addons (red paint brush, black box, pill bottle, although pill bottle is more of a silly addon then a serious one) but so many of his addons are filler or not useful.

    Also, Freddy's lullaby in the dream world might need some tweaks. Paradoxically, a Freddy running a full stealth build is actually at a disadvantage if survivors stay asleep, as the lullaby is not effected by the terror radius perks. Survivors are oblivious, which means they don't hear the TR, but the lullaby still gives a 32 meter radius of perception. Maybe some of the addons could effect his lullaby.

  • I see a lot of people saying they want elements of Old Freddy back, but I genuinely have no idea what that could even mean here.

    Stuff like passive slowdown, constant aura reading, and the inability to affect survivors in any way while they're awake are all obviously non starters and can't come back, so what does that even leave? Just the manual transition into the dream world bolted on to his current power?

    That's workable, I guess, but it seems a little arbitrary and I'm not sure it'd really improve him all that much. There'd be the logistical concern of how to map that onto his controls, too, but there are ways around that like the Vecna wheel.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3825880#Comment_3825880

    Where was it confirmed OG Freddy isn't coming back? I am hoping we get something closer to a blend of new Freddy's "he can use powers to effect survivors in the dream world" and old Freddy's "The dream world is oppressive and survivors want to wake up asap, but Freddy is weak if survivors can stay awake". I really hope they take inspiration from the void and make Freddy able to teleport survivors and himself into a separate dream world to 1v1 them. Or add fake gens, fake totems, etc. in the dream world, etc. Point is new freddy's dream world is really wimpy especially since the slowdown addons got removed and puddles and pallets were both nerfed. He also no longer sees asleep survivors auras, which I thought made him great for target-switching and juggling survivors mid-chase to keep people off gens.

    I don't want a straight revert to old Freddy because he was unhealthy for the game even though I enjoyed his playstyle, but I want a rework to take at least a few design ideas from old Freddy with a dream world survivors actively want to stay out of. Also, Freddy needs to not have his aura shown to awake survivors. He turns invisible when he's far enough away from them, but his aura can still be read if the survivor is awake which is really bizarre. (Old Freddy didn't have that problem. Not sure if it's just a bug/oversight or intentional design choice.)

    As you said I do think they're going to combine puddles and pallets at the very least, it's dumb we have killers like Clown and Vecna who have multiple powers they can swap between mid-match, but Freddy has to bring an addon to REPLACE his puddles with pallets, which means if you prefer pallets you effectively have 1 addon slot with Freddy. I also think his teleport might be changed.

    I also suspect his addons are getting HEAVILY reworked. Freddy's addons are almost all garbage, like "Show a survivor's aura when they fail a skill check when asleep" or "fake pallets, when dropped, show the survivor's aura for 1/2/3 extra seconds" etc. He has a few good/fun addons (red paint brush, black box, pill bottle, although pill bottle is more of a silly addon then a serious one) but so many of his addons are filler or not useful.

    Also, Freddy's lullaby in the dream world might need some tweaks. Paradoxically, a Freddy running a full stealth build is actually at a disadvantage if survivors stay asleep, as the lullaby is not effected by the terror radius perks. Survivors are oblivious, which means they don't hear the TR, but the lullaby still gives a 32 meter radius of perception. Maybe some of the addons could effect his lullaby.

    We don’t know exactly if they mean the dream world as a concept, or the OG mechanical implementation.

    For all we know they could make Freddy and the Survivors at base “in the dream world”, so he can setup illusionary obstacles and have supernatural powers, and via some criteria (such as interacting too much with his traps, or by not interacting with their clock) fall into REM sleep (deeper sleep), and Freddy’s sub-basement realm where he’ll be able to quickly engage with the Survivor, should he so choose.

  • He's going to be strong, survivors calling for nerfs, freddy is back to the same ol' place.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3825880#Comment_3825880

    Where was it confirmed OG Freddy isn't coming back? I am hoping we get something closer to a blend of new Freddy's "he can use powers to effect survivors in the dream world" and old Freddy's "The dream world is oppressive and survivors want to wake up asap, but Freddy is weak if survivors can stay awake". I really hope they take inspiration from the void and make Freddy able to teleport survivors and himself into a separate dream world to 1v1 them. Or add fake gens, fake totems, etc. in the dream world, etc. Point is new freddy's dream world is really wimpy especially since the slowdown addons got removed and puddles and pallets were both nerfed. He also no longer sees asleep survivors auras, which I thought made him great for target-switching and juggling survivors mid-chase to keep people off gens.

    I don't want a straight revert to old Freddy because he was unhealthy for the game even though I enjoyed his playstyle, but I want a rework to take at least a few design ideas from old Freddy with a dream world survivors actively want to stay out of. Also, Freddy needs to not have his aura shown to awake survivors. He turns invisible when he's far enough away from them, but his aura can still be read if the survivor is awake which is really bizarre. (Old Freddy didn't have that problem. Not sure if it's just a bug/oversight or intentional design choice.)

    As you said I do think they're going to combine puddles and pallets at the very least, it's dumb we have killers like Clown and Vecna who have multiple powers they can swap between mid-match, but Freddy has to bring an addon to REPLACE his puddles with pallets, which means if you prefer pallets you effectively have 1 addon slot with Freddy. I also think his teleport might be changed.

    I also suspect his addons are getting HEAVILY reworked. Freddy's addons are almost all garbage, like "Show a survivor's aura when they fail a skill check when asleep" or "fake pallets, when dropped, show the survivor's aura for 1/2/3 extra seconds" etc. He has a few good/fun addons (red paint brush, black box, pill bottle, although pill bottle is more of a silly addon then a serious one) but so many of his addons are filler or not useful.

    Also, Freddy's lullaby in the dream world might need some tweaks. Paradoxically, a Freddy running a full stealth build is actually at a disadvantage if survivors stay asleep, as the lullaby is not effected by the terror radius perks. Survivors are oblivious, which means they don't hear the TR, but the lullaby still gives a 32 meter radius of perception. Maybe some of the addons could effect his lullaby.

    Where was it confirmed OG Freddy isn't coming back?

    image.png

    I wish I could have been spared the heartbreak.

    I don't think I deserved it. I always did my best for Freddy, I swear to you I did.