Why does some people want Kayako in the game when we got Sadako already?

  1. They visually look very similar to each other. Skinny, ghostly pale Japanese girl, black long hair and white dress.

EDIT: YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE CURRENT EXISTING MASK AND KNIFE KILLERS, TRYING TO USE THAT AS AN ARGUMENT, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT CLOSE TO THE LEVEL OF RESEMBLANCE OF EACH OTHER LIKE SADAKO AND KAYAKO ARE.

  1. Both are an onryō.

EDIT: YES THEY WOULD DO DIFFERENT THINGS IN TERMS OF ABILITIES, I THOUGHT I SAID THAT ALREADY BUT I GUESS SOME PEOPLE COULDN'T CONNECT THAT.

Comments

  • Because they don't want unique chapters instead they want a stronger Sadako.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    1. They visually look very similar to each other. Skinny, ghostly pale Japanese girl, black hair and white dress.
    2. Both are a type of ghost. What they do differ quite a bit I guess, but it still would just feel like a Sadako copy, at least for me.

    Because american people ?
    Joke aside, Since it exist a film, with Sadako and Sayako, I imagin it can be one of the reason… Or maybe just a skin for Sadako

    But the major difference, is Kayako can control her hair, not Sadako

  • because they aren't the same, this would be like saying we shouldn't have Jason in the game because we already have a tall beefy white guy slasher in Myers.

  • Because why want something creative and new, when you can consume the same regurgitated content that sometimes doesn't even fit in the context of the game?

  • @Buckoben said:

    because they aren't the same, this would be like saying we shouldn't have Jason in the game because we already have a tall beefy white guy slasher in Myers.

    Trapper and Jason doesn't look anything alike so I don't know what you mean. Sadako and Kayako are like identical almost.

  • @Buckoben said:

    because they aren't the same, this would be like saying we shouldn't have Jason in the game because we already have a tall beefy white guy slasher in Myers.

    I wish Myers was beefy. Actually, I need him to be much beefier than he is. I need him to be an absolute unit of a stud muffin please.

  • Kayako is so good to have I just love her croaking noise

  • Sadako and Kayako are, honestly, nothing alike if you've watched the movies they come from (Ringu and Ju-On: The Grudge). They're both Onryo's and dead women but that's really where the similarities end, to be honest. I think Kayako would be great. Her power, whatever it would be, would be nothing like Sadako's.

  • We didn't get a creepy crawling with Sadako - we can get it with Kayako. :3

  • Kayako would crawl, I imagine she'd be third person like Chucky

  • If we're gonna get a hair themed killer, I'd prefer Sindel from MK.

  • ….

    I REALLY hope you are not saying that japanese women all look the same??

    They are definitley not like twins, they look, move, sound, act differently, different abilities…

    Like.. if we can have mutliple caucasian guys with white mask, dark hair and big knife we can have two different japanese female ghosts in white clothing..

  • @Mooks said:

    ….

    I REALLY hope you are not saying that japanese women all look the same??

    They are definitley not like twins, they look, move, sound, act differently, different abilities…

    Like.. if we can have mutliple caucasian guys with white mask, dark hair and big knife we can have two different japanese female ghosts in white clothing..

    Compare them both visually, standing up, they'd look VERY similar. I'm talking visually, not abilities and so on. You can't compare the Killers with masks and knives, because they look much different if you compare them to each other. Sadako and Kayako however look identical almost.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    We didn't get a creepy crawling with Sadako - we can get it with Kayako. :3

    I'd prefer if they just added a different type of monster/killer that could crawl. Rather than a visual copy looking the same but one of them can crawl and the other one can't.

  • Just because we already have Sadako, which is a ghost Japanese girl, it doesn't mean we can't get another. We have Billy and Bubba and they are both rednecks with chainsaws. Also, Kayako is pretty cool.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    Just because we already have Sadako, which is a ghost Japanese girl, it doesn't mean we can't get another. We have Billy and Bubba and they are both rednecks with chainsaws. Also, Kayako is pretty cool.

    Billy and Bubba look nothing alike visually like Sadako and Kayako does, except that they both have a chainsaw. And if I had the power at BHVR, I would just delete Bubba from the game. His gameplay is very uninteresting for both sides.

    There are ways to make a Killer do something more unique even if they share the same type of weapon. For example, I'd replace Bubba with Chainsaw Man. That would be a really cool Killer.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824328#Comment_3824328

    Compare them both visually, standing up, they'd look VERY similar. I'm talking visually, not abilities and so on. You can't compare the Killers with masks and knives, because they look much different if you compare them to each other. Sadako and Kayako however look identical almost.

    i compared them. Visually distinct enough for me to be two different killers in DbD. Definitley Not ‚identical’. Especially considering that we wont see them in T-Postes next to each other.
    and i can compare other killers easily if you are allowed to make comparisons with ‚if you disregard this and that‘. We are Talking about their inclusion in DbD and the devs have shown they can create Charakters that are similar to each other and make them feel and look distinct

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824352#Comment_3824352

    Billy and Bubba look nothing alike visually like Sadako and Kayako does, except that they both have a chainsaw. And if I had the power at BHVR, I would just delete Bubba from the game. His gameplay is very uninteresting for both sides.

    There are ways to make a Killer do something more unique even if they share the same type of weapon. For example, I'd replace Bubba with Chainsaw Man. That would be a really cool Killer.

    Bubba is a horror icon. He would be in the game eventually no matter what. Chainsaw Man isn't even horror to begin with. But again, we have Wesker, Dracula, and Trickster so I suppose this doesn't matter as much anymore.

  • I think two Onryos are enough.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Who?

    So.. you want a ‚let me Google that for you link‘ or something?


    also, lmao at the OPs edit..

    ‚I can compare two similar horror characters from the same culture but you cant do that!!!!111‘

    And its not only about physical appearance of the character without the actual characteristics. Its Not only just appearance and abilities. Its also posture, movements, sounds, atmosphere, different accessories…

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824474#Comment_3824474

    So.. you want a ‚let me Google that for you link‘ or something?


    also, lmao at the OPs edit..

    ‚I can compare two similar horror characters from the same culture but you cant do that!!!!111‘

    And its not only about physical appearance of the character without the actual characteristics. Its Not only just appearance and abilities. Its also posture, movements, sounds, atmosphere, different accessories…

    Yes please, for all of us American forum users here who are only familiar with Sadako 🗽🦅🤠

  • @SoGo said:

    I think two Onryos are enough.

    No we need one more and that is Kayako

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824316#Comment_3824316

    I'd prefer if they just added a different type of monster/killer that could crawl. Rather than a visual copy looking the same but one of them can crawl and the other one can't.

    I mean what is your issue with Kayako? I get what your saying about how similar sadako and kayako look in appearances because they both have long black hair with pale skin and white dress. But you can't deny that dbd has like 4 mask killers and slashers which include trapper and Michael and alot of the community want jason in the game which i agree on. But there is no doubt Kayako should not be added because she should eventually

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824482#Comment_3824482

    Yes please, for all of us American forum users here who are only familiar with Sadako 🗽🦅🤠

    Kayako/The Grudge is actually pretty well known in America as well as far as i know. But i guess being ignorant regarding Asian characters and saying they all look the same is also pretty ‚American‘ so kudos for staying in character(?). 😐

  • This whole post is just unnecessary gatekeeping. I mean seriously are we gonna delete half the killer roster because they have similar themes and appearance?

  • who said i was mad about it though? 👀 wishful thinking?

    Pretty weird vibes… (and you still could have just googled but its pretty clear that you didnt really wanted to know who Kayako was but get your ‚Grudge was forgettable‘ narrative in)

  • well i want fatal frame chapter but maybe dev can make a deal with Koei Tecmo.

  • As others have said, they're pretty different despite their identical looks.

    Not to mention, it's usually not just Kayako, as Toshio could easily be incorporated into her power as well as a kind of auditory alarm.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3823580#Comment_3823580

    Trapper and Jason doesn't look anything alike so I don't know what you mean. Sadako and Kayako are like identical almost.

    Was this an unintended slip in that when thinking about someone who resembles Jason, you thought of Trapper? Lol

  • If we can have guy with knife/machete remixed 50 different times then we can have Sadako and Kayako existing in the same game.

  • I am just participating in an online forum discussion that literally is beyond laughable. Not mad though. Just pointing out something. Feels like you are defensive/deflective though

  • sadako-vs-kayako.jpg

    They're quite distinct to me. And that's before you take into account the differences in their audio and movement.

    It just seems like a weird question. "Why do people who enjoy Japanese horror want two Japanese horror icons in the game they play?

     Skinny, ghostly pale Japanese girl, black long hair and white dress.

     YOU CAN'T COMPARE THE CURRENT EXISTING MASK AND KNIFE KILLERS

    "Can't compare them to existing masked killers"? To a lot of people one slasher movie is the same as the next, they see a masked guy with a knife. "They wear different masks." Sadako's hair hides her face and Kayako's face is visible. "They're both Japanese girls with long black hair." Yes, because they're both Japanese. Japanese horror icons.

  • Who says the Masked Knife killers aren't similar enough to count but Kayako and Sadako are? Like, you can't make up rules and expect everyone to play along on a public forum.

    Ultimately, all the IPs in the game are here because someone wanted them, and we all have different experiences and interests that lead us to view our various cast members in different ways. Two cast members you'd see as samey designs and derivative powers are what others would see as collabs with insane potential, much in the same way I heard people discussing Ghostface when he was announced in relation to Michael.