The buff to Darkness Revealed and I'm All Ears just mean one thing

Distortion will stay as it is

Comments

  • @TieBreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744673#Comment_3744673

    Survivors also can't put killers into the dying state. The two roles are completely different. There doesn't need to be parity between the two. I'm down for discussions on perks, but it shouldn't be based on what the other side has.

    As far a killer goes, Lightborn shuts down all blinding builds and certain killers make healing either impossible or counter-productive. So it's not completely unheard of.

    Survivors also can't put killers into the dying state

    SWF bully squads on comms can put the killer into such a hopeless state that essentially feels like a dying state.

  • @MaddieMage said:

    If distortion is this huge of an issue when it only has 3 tokens and has to be recharged by being near the killer, that tells me that you run full aura builds to hand hold you. It’s your choice to run a full build with the intention of constantly seeing where every survivor is and running straight to them. It’s fair to have a strong perk to counter that. Also half of killer perks are not all aura perks, let’s chill with the hyperbole please.

    But they pretty much recharge themselves. If you had to be within 32m of the killer for 120 seconds or something, that would be more fair. You'd have to be running 3-4 aura perks and using all of them pretty efficiently to burn 6-12 tokens (I see 2-4 Distortions per game now) and keep them down reliably.

    And it's not helped by the fact that they completely gutted Ultimate Weapon, which perhaps needed a nerf, but didn't need to be completely obliterated from the game. What decent alternatives are there?

    They should be much harder to recharge. Lucky Break gives an effect that would be OP if you could reliably use it an infinite number of times, but instead, you have to work to get it back.

    Alternatively, you start with five tokens, but you can only recharge up to one token. That gives you a heavy advantage as a survivor in the early game without completely destroying the majority of the killer's perks on certain builds.

    @Xxjwaynexx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744662#Comment_3744662

    It doesn't turn off half of killer perks though. Not to be mean but If distortion is that oppressive for you then you probably should play perkless for a while to enhance your game sense. Survivors usually always make the same moves, heal in the same areas, like to run the same loops depending on the map. Distortion is a healthy perk that you can burn through the tokens usually and won't even bother you with proper game sense.

    Except now you have a meta that revolves around 2-4 survivors running Distortion and hiding in unintuitive places all game any time they hear a terror radius and 3-4 survivors running anti-tunneling perks and bodyblocking.

    I'm finding that four chase perks works better in the current meta than four aura perks or even four gen perks.

    I also strongly disagree that you can burn through them reliably. If you're running 3-4 aura perks and an aura addon and using them all very consistently, yeah, maybe, but then you don't have room for anything else. Which might not be a big deal if you're playing Nurse, but some killers really suffer without chase and gen perks.

    @MaddieMage said:

    If distortion is this huge of an issue when it only has 3 tokens and has to be recharged by being near the killer, that tells me that you run full aura builds to hand hold you. It’s your choice to run a full build with the intention of constantly seeing where every survivor is and running straight to them. It’s fair to have a strong perk to counter that. Also half of killer perks are not all aura perks, let’s chill with the hyperbole please.

    On the contrary, running a full aura build is the only way to counter Distortion, and some killers can't do that and still be viable. I don't necessarily want to run four aura perks; one might be fine if I didn't have to worry about 2-4 players ignoring it every game. It shouldn't make an entire class of perks unviable for lower-tier killers; that's just bad game design.

    @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744662#Comment_3744662

    Ultimate weapon disable a quater of survivors' perks. PLUS the basekit slugged and hooked teammates.

    Give survivor a perk that after being hooked, gives killer blindness for 30sec and killers will see how much a pain when basekit aura get removed.

    For Distortion.

    A survivor using Distortion does not hinder killers ability to hunt other survivors. It requires all of them use Distortion to make killer cant use aura perks. But even then, killers use 4 aura perk is not survivors' fault.

    The aura reading from killers is NOT that much of the problem, its that survivors who dont use Distortion DONT have a clue that they're being wall hacked. And constantly being the target if they're the only one not using Distortion.

    Its survivors who should complain about Distortion, not killers.

    That is an excellent point. Survivors who don't run Distortion tend to get tunneled out rather quickly in a lot of my games, not just because I intentionally want to target them, but because I can't find anyone else without checking every bush within a 30m radius of every active gen for a Blendette (who get to keep charging their tokens while I do).

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744687#Comment_3744687

    But they pretty much recharge themselves. If you had to be within 32m of the killer for 120 seconds or something, that would be more fair. You'd have to be running 3-4 aura perks and using all of them pretty efficiently to burn 6-12 tokens (I see 2-4 Distortions per game now) and keep them down reliably.

    And it's not helped by the fact that they completely gutted Ultimate Weapon, which perhaps needed a nerf, but didn't need to be completely obliterated from the game. What decent alternatives are there?

    They should be much harder to recharge. Lucky Break gives an effect that would be OP if you could reliably use it an infinite number of times, but instead, you have to work to get it back.

    Alternatively, you start with five tokens, but you can only recharge up to one token. That gives you a heavy advantage as a survivor in the early game without completely destroying the majority of the killer's perks on certain builds.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744670#Comment_3744670

    Except now you have a meta that revolves around 2-4 survivors running Distortion and hiding in unintuitive places all game any time they hear a terror radius and 3-4 survivors running anti-tunneling perks and bodyblocking.

    I'm finding that four chase perks works better in the current meta than four aura perks or even four gen perks.

    I also strongly disagree that you can burn through them reliably. If you're running 3-4 aura perks and an aura addon and using them all very consistently, yeah, maybe, but then you don't have room for anything else. Which might not be a big deal if you're playing Nurse, but some killers really suffer without chase and gen perks.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744687#Comment_3744687

    On the contrary, running a full aura build is the only way to counter Distortion, and some killers can't do that and still be viable. I don't necessarily want to run four aura perks; one might be fine if I didn't have to worry about 2-4 players ignoring it every game. It shouldn't make an entire class of perks unviable for lower-tier killers; that's just bad game design.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744679#Comment_3744679

    That is an excellent point. Survivors who don't run Distortion tend to get tunneled out rather quickly in a lot of my games, not just because I intentionally want to target them, but because I can't find anyone else without checking every bush within a 30m radius of every active gen for a Blendette (who get to keep charging their tokens while I do).

    "That is an excellent point. Survivors who don't run Distortion tend to get tunneled out rather quickly in a lot of my games, not just because I intentionally want to target them, but because I can't find anyone else without checking every bush within a 30m radius of every active gen for a Blendette (who get to keep charging their tokens while I do)."

    But this argument doesnt make much sense either. If someone is willingly gonna use Distortion to hide from the killer, it probably means they are not comfortable enough with their looping skills, therefore if they are not hiding they are dying, and not contributing much to the match. I much rather have someone in my team running Distortion to focus on the objective and leaving the killer interactions to the people more comfortable with. This argument of "distortion users just hide" doesnt make any sense anymore. Maybe in a killer's perspective, but not in a survivor one. And too bad if you are unintentionally tunneling, or maybe not too bad, because anyone could do that regardless if a perk is being used in the game or not.

  • @KazRen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744895#Comment_3744895

    Blindness: I see so your bothered by the blindness for slugged and hooked. That's understandable.

    Hinder Hunting: So because of 1 perk an entire build can be useless. You don't see an issue with that?

    Patrol Gens: I don't think "killers" who say to walk away when they see the hearbeat say to do it every single time. At least I'm not saying that. Also assuming that no one is found that would be beneficial to survivors cause they aren't all sitting on the same gen. If they do get found then the others can do gens while one gets chased. I don't see how this can be bad for survivors in these situations.

    Average size of a map isn't really reliable given how varied the map sizes are.

    I love using 4 healing perks on Rebecca, and sometimes I face against Plague. Do killers have an issue with that?

    I use 4 flashlight related perks on Haddie and killers have Lightborne. I dont see survivors complain about it

    I have 4 aura perks on Jeff and killers have Mind breaker or UW. I dont complain about it either.


    Perks are like rock paper scissors. You got 4 of them. If you pick 4 rocks just to meet a paper. Its not the paper thats strong. Its you picking 4 rocks.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744960#Comment_3744960

    I’ve never been biased about anything actually. In fact I think I’m the only one here who can set aside their bias and look at things objectively.

    Would I want Huntress to be S Tier absolutely. Do I think she should be? No; I don’t know if any killer should be. Distortion is an overturned perk and that can’t be denied. It is factual.

    Weren't you the person that brought up survivor win streaks and then ignored killer win streaks?

    Seems pretty biased to me.

  • @KazRen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744907#Comment_3744907

    I don't really understand what your saying about the bbq and nurses part. Are you saying you played when the only aura reading was nurses and BBQ? Cause distortion till darkness among us and didn't become problematic till they reworked it.

    Ok am I missing something why is everyone saying full aura builds so often? Are they actually that common? And if it is why is it a problem on any killer that isn't S tier and a few A tiers? I can understand why it's a problem on nurse but that isn't aura reading being too strong that's just nurse.

    Anyway the idea of losing all your tokens that fast implies either your team is already losing by a lot and BBQ is consuming stacks or the killer is dedicating their build to aura reading and have 0 slowdown.

    This is more a question of fun but what exactly is fun for survivors if they don't want to get chased? I actually do want to know cause I don't see why you would want to sit on a gen the entire time or hide. Obviously there are times where you want to hide instead but enough times to justify distortion to stay as is?

    Game sense only works if the play makes sense. Hiding in a corner or a locker for the entire game isn't logical at all. Distortion also kills perk variety which, needless to say, isn't really much.

    You said that not having an aura reading on the killer is a problem as you don't know where to go. My point re Nurses and BBQ was that once upon a time killers didn't have the abundance of aura perks they have now and most managed to find survivors just fine.

    People are talking about full aura builds because most of the arguments around Distortion being problematic are that "it counters entire aura builds." Including on this thread.

    You're assuming that people who use Distortion use it purely to hide the entire game. I'm a survivor main and can rarely pick if a team mate has Distortion because they die just as easily as the rest of us. Your solution of recharging tokens just turns Distortion into a killer perk. It makes the survivors come to you.

  • I feel like a broken record at this point - but the "problem" Distortion has is not that it's too OP or anything. It's that it's the only tool available to do something about the ever growing number of aura reading perks killers can bring. If anything bhvr needs to figure out what perks could do that can deal with the plethora of aura reading while functioning differently than Distortion.

  • @Junylar said:

    If survivors have one single perk that turns off half of killer perks, can we have the same for killers? Like a perk that keeps all survivors permanently exhausted or something? Without it being a hex, of course, since Distortion is not a boon either.

    Just run Gearhead. All you need to do is injure a survivor and you'll burn through surv's Distortion tokens quickly. Even better if you play as a stealth killer so you can keep them from gaining more tokens as quickly.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745201#Comment_3745201

    Weren't you the person that brought up survivor win streaks and then ignored killer win streaks?

    Seems pretty biased to me.

    Nope, never once did that lmao. And even if I did who cares? If you talk about one sides win streaks you don’t have to talk about the others lol, it depends on the context. In fact I brought up killer win streaks and ignored survivor win streaks because they only got a 383 win streak and then 36 after that. I did talk about Huntress’s hugest win streak only being 101 despite being insanely OP according to everyone.

    I did say however that if Nurse didn’t exist, that survivor team probably could’ve gotten to 1,000 escapes though. Which I’m pretty sure is true.

    Like I said people say I’m biased because I look at things factually but I talk about unfair things that they want to keep IE distortion. I never said Distortion should be deleted (besides in a joke comment) but 10 seconds is in fact insane, it recharges in AND out of chase (pebble which is far weaker doesn’t) and forces killers to tunnel if a few people use it.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745545#Comment_3745545

    Nope, never once did that lmao. And even if I did who cares? If you talk about one sides win streaks you don’t have to talk about the others lol, it depends on the context. In fact I brought up killer win streaks and ignored survivor win streaks because they only got a 383 win streak and then 36 after that. I did talk about Huntress’s hugest win streak only being 101 despite being insanely OP according to everyone.

    I did say however that if Nurse didn’t exist, that survivor team probably could’ve gotten to 1,000 escapes though. Which I’m pretty sure is true.

    Like I said people say I’m biased because I look at things factually but I talk about unfair things that they want to keep IE distortion. I never said Distortion should be deleted (besides in a joke comment) but 10 seconds is in fact insane, it recharges in AND out of chase (pebble which is far weaker doesn’t) and forces killers to tunnel if a few people use it.

    You did bring up SWF streaks in a discussion about the advantage of SWF and ignored the answers about killer winstreaks you got. Seems like ignoring killer win streaks to me. Obviously you don't have to talk about killer win streaks when you talk about survivor win streaks, but ignoring the answers gives of the "I ignore what doesn't fit my opinion"-vibe.

    Blight and Nurse got 1000+ win streaks with SWF being a thing, so Nurse and Blight are stronger than SWF?

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745749#Comment_3745749

    You did bring up SWF streaks in a discussion about the advantage of SWF and ignored the answers about killer winstreaks you got. Seems like ignoring killer win streaks to me. Obviously you don't have to talk about killer win streaks when you talk about survivor win streaks, but ignoring the answers gives of the "I ignore what doesn't fit my opinion"-vibe.

    Blight and Nurse got 1000+ win streaks with SWF being a thing, so Nurse and Blight are stronger than SWF?

    lmao that’s a reach for sure, you’re desperately trying to make me seem biased but it still ain’t working.I used the point about SWF streaks to prove the fact that SWFs are obviously stronger than non SWFs and that’s a reason why people don’t like them. There is no reason at all in that thread to bring up killer winstreaks and is irrelevant about the threads topic. It’s a topic about SWfS not winstreaks.

    No one can say a killer is stronger than SWF because it depends on the people in the SWF and it depends on the killer player. Nurse is not stronger than a SWF if I am playing Nurse going up against team eternal. But if it’s a Superalf Nurse going against a 4 friend SWF who plays for fun than the Nurse will win. Trying to make it black and white is beyond disingenuous.

    Like I said I’m probably one of the few actually unbiased people here. And I challenge anybody to find something from me that is objectively unfairly biased. C3 Tooth acted like I was biased for defending Huntys movement speed buff until I shut him down by showing him that some of the most respected people in the community agreed with me.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3744947#Comment_3744947

    CoCo said it was fine and he has 10,000 hours on her alone, spookyloops said it needed to be toned down slightly but is fine, Scottjund said it was a weird change but nothing crazy and true talent said it wasn’t a bad change but won’t help a whole lot.

    I would rather listen to these guys who all have more hours than you do, let alone have more hours on Huntress. She was not overpowered at all and I can tell you didn’t go against her on the PTB.

    I really wish people would stop acting like these popular streamers are the final word on this games balancing and mechanics. Just because they have lots of hours and people watch them doesn’t make their opinions any more or less valid than anyone else. I’ve seen people with 4000 hours who can’t loop a killer to save their lives. Everyone’s opinion is valid, not just the popular people who agree with your stance.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745767#Comment_3745767

    lmao that’s a reach for sure, you’re desperately trying to make me seem biased but it still ain’t working.I used the point about SWF streaks to prove the fact that SWFs are obviously stronger than non SWFs and that’s a reason why people don’t like them. There is no reason at all in that thread to bring up killer winstreaks and is irrelevant about the threads topic. It’s a topic about SWfS not winstreaks.

    No one can say a killer is stronger than SWF because it depends on the people in the SWF and it depends on the killer player. Nurse is not stronger than a SWF if I am playing Nurse going up against team eternal. But if it’s a Superalf Nurse going against a 4 friend SWF who plays for fun than the Nurse will win. Trying to make it black and white is beyond disingenuous.

    Like I said I’m probably one of the few actually unbiased people here. And I challenge anybody to find something from me that is objectively unfairly biased. C3 Tooth acted like I was biased for defending Huntys movement speed buff until I shut him down by showing him that some of the most respected people in the community agreed with me.

    Again, there is a more than 600 wins streak on Oni, who had a 58% win rate according to the latest stats. So by your logic we can assume that Oni is stronger than his stats indicate (just like you discarded the stats that only show a small difference between SWF and solo based on swf win streaks) and he should be nerfed.

    If you really can't see why it is biased to use survivor win streaks to ignore stats but not Killer win streaks to ignore stats I really don't know what to say.

    Btw, I did not make a black and white statement about whose is stronger, Nurse or SWF, I asked you a question based on you 1000+ win streaks comment.

  • @MaddieMage said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745193#Comment_3745193

    I really wish people would stop acting like these popular streamers are the final word on this games balancing and mechanics. Just because they have lots of hours and people watch them doesn’t make their opinions any more or less valid than anyone else. I’ve seen people with 4000 hours who can’t loop a killer to save their lives. Everyone’s opinion is valid, not just the popular people who agree with your stance.

    Well this is the one time where the majority of them agree on one thing which is very rare. So it’s important to bring it up, on top of the fact they know way more about the game and its balance than us. Not saying they can’t have wrong opinions. But they aren’t wrong on this one, it’s common sense.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745787#Comment_3745787

    Again, there is a more than 600 wins streak on Oni, who had a 58% win rate according to the latest stats. So by your logic we can assume that Oni is stronger than his stats indicate (just like you discarded the stats that only show a small difference between SWF and solo based on swf win streaks) and he should be nerfed.

    If you really can't see why it is biased to use survivor win streaks to ignore stats but not Killer win streaks to ignore stats I really don't know what to say.

    Btw, I did not make a black and white statement about whose is stronger, Nurse or SWF, I asked you a question based on you 1000+ win streaks comment.

    Again either you’re being disingenuous or just not understanding. I brought up the win streak to prove SWF is stronger than solo q (it factually is, stats confirm it) and also using that as a reason for why people dislike it (another fact) I never once said that I think SWF is too strong and needs to be nerfed. Nor did I ignore any stats at all, you are absolutely twisting what I said and implying things I never meant.

    I have no clue what point you are trying to make with Oni, but at the end of the day win streaks don’t matter in the majority of cases and shouldn’t be used to balance the game because certain people are just insane at video games.

    If we want to be really disingenuous than we can go ahead and say Huntress needs some insane buffs since her highest win streak is 101, even though she has been out for years, she has a low kill rate at high and low MMR but is considered OP somehow.

1 2 ›