Rotten Fields
REMOVE THIS SHITY MAP, It's the worst map in the whole ######### game. or at least remove half of the ######### corn. It's impossible to see through that thick corn. So #########!
REMOVE THIS SHITY MAP, It's the worst map in the whole ######### game. or at least remove half of the ######### corn. It's impossible to see through that thick corn. So #########!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Meh, corn isn't that bad. The problem is the generators are so far apart.
All the survivors need are weapons for this map. lol
I don't like Coldwind in general when playing killer, except for with Hillbilly and Leatherface.
I think it's my most hated map too. Together with Azarov's Resting Place and Blood Lodge.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to inform you that Cornblindness is real, and is a serious disease. Please, if you believe you are suffering from this horrific disease, call your Doctor. Ask your Doctor if map offerings are right for you. We must all work together to cleanse this world of Cornblindness.
Salty dude, the worst and most cancerous map is Yamoka Estate. Corn is great. I do well on it even with Nurse. But Cancer Estate, is terrible
I think the big problem with Rotten fields is either:
A: You suffer from corn-blindness and the map is terrible for your enjoyment.
B: You do not suffer from corn-blindness and so survivors have 0 chance to hide in the corn.
For me the map just feels boring to play as either side and it really effects all killers on a different level.
-Clown cannot really set up bottles when 70% of the map is open corn-field.
-Myers cannot stalk anyone who is somehow hidden behind a single stalk of corn.
-Nurse seems ok on PC for this map (still one of her more difficult) but is nearly impossible on console (fps and corn...).
-Hillbilly is a transcended GOD on this map.
-Leatherface seems largely unaffected.
-Wraith is given away by the shaking corn stalks.
-Pig is given away just like wraith (assuming you try to sneak)
-Trapper has unreliable places to put his traps in the open field (however can really take advantage of the middle of the map basement).
-Doctor seems largely unaffected.
-Hag seems like a mixed bag since her traps have a larger trigger radius and can still be effective in the open fields.
-Huntress seems alright if you don't suffer from corn-blindness.
-Freddy is actually "good" on this map and is honestly the most boring Killer to play against.
-I haven't seen many Spirit or Legion players on this map yet and have no experience with how good/bad they are.
The same argument can be made for ever map I agree (in terms of Killer strength/weakness) but I feel this map in particular just isn't fun with how it normally plays out.
No thanks, i love getting Survivors who run to the corn and try to blind me.
I'm the only one around here who has natural corn vision.
I've got it too. I didn't have it back on console, but on PC I definitely do. I can even do well as Nurse on it. It's just the Cancer Estate map (spirits map) that gets to me.
Yay!
Rotten fields is ez dc on my part. not gonna play that ######### map. The worst map ever made. Estate is not that bad. it's bad but not that bad.
The bans cannot come fast enough.
I have no issue with Rotten Fields. Yeah, I lose the occasional survivor in the corn but not too often. I can track well in the corn, even on the PS4. Its probably the map with my highest kill rate.
Imo, I think Rotten Fields isn't that bad. The corn really comes in handy when hiding from the killer and can sometimes be used to confuse and juke the killer actually. I mean, maybe it could use a few extra objects in the environment n all, but at least It's way better than Shelter Woods that's for damn sure, lol.
Rotten Fields is the game's ultimate proof that it's just a casual party game at its core. The map was designed without any regard for how it blatantly favours and disfavours certain killers. Whenever I land on this map I just accept that the outcome was predetermined by whichever killer I am playing or facing.
The concept for the map was first developed- then the actual development for the map itself. Take an excerpt from the dead by daylight wiki. “Now it's abandoned, but still, someone seems to care for the corn in some way as the stalks still stand tall.”
This was meant to fit how the Hillbilly (a decently tall killer) managed the crops prior to the entity’s reimagined version of it.
Rotten field is a killer friendly map
it really has so little pallets in it
Are you arguing that I am wrong in that they intentionally designed the map to favour Hillbilly and screw over some other killers? That still essentially makes me right in principle.
That's fine if you're playing something like Wraith or Hillbilly, but try playing Huntress and have fun tracking them when they can start urban evading away as soon as they hear the lullaby. But that's not even what I was getting at. Try playing Myers on Rotten Fields. You basically can't even use your power.
omg still every body arguing
guys. GUYS , you do realize this map has like 10 pallets total in it right ?
killer friendly? are you ######### serious? u can escape the killer moderately ez in the corn. it takes away killers vision. it's the map with the best escape rate for survivors
laughs internally
The main problem with Rotten fields (and Coldwin maps in general) is that they are too frequent.
4 out of 10 maps I play is a Coldwind map, an considering the amount of maps in the game it's too frequent.
Is the RNG for maps broken?
A few days ago I even played this map five times in a row.
All they need to do is reduce the length and abundance of corn. Kind of how they're changing the grass in swamp.
This wouldn't be bad if you KNEW you were going there. If you had Bloodhound the corn would no problem at all because tracking is the biggest issue, that and the Gens being so far from each other.
I've had good Trapper games here but crap on everyone else. As for Legion I've had no problem here because of his natural tracking ability.
you just need more time in the game buddy,
how about remove the spirit map first because that's even worse
Would second that.
Before the last Patch I had this map nearly never. After the patch I have it quite often. Not so many times ina row, but especially Rotten Fields is a map that I get more often than before.
For me it is an example of an early map, because it fits lorewise, but the gameplay for this map was not really thought through at this point. I am a Survivor Main, but I dislike this map. And I can understand, why killers dont like it either.
I don't like the map as killer because is quite easy to lose the survivors in the cornfield, specially against those who are good juking and because the gens are too dispersed.
i think you need to play 1 or 2 killer games on that map 1st before speaking about game time
EY!
This map is my favorite
Get better vision! Or play more Hill Billy!
I 100% agree. In fact, if im playing killer I just started DC'ing at the very start if on Rottenfields. I refuse to play on this map anymore it's so bad.
The worst parts of these maps are the walls. Being able to see through them deletes mindgame potential.
I'm pretty sure I played " 1 or 2 " killer games on rotten field given the fact that I have 4120 hours in this game
i won't start playing billy just cuz of 1 map. ######### that #########. i'd rather DC and play killer i actually want to paly. and billy is like the only killer (maybe bubba too) that does well on Rotten fields. it's not best survivor escape rate map on the game for nothing
I find high success on this map, even with Nurse.
I think it and sheltered woods are both very good for killer. Simply because of the way the map is set up.
for killers, you mean for nurse and billy, and mb huntress. on rotten fields. Only billy and ofc the best killer in the game (nurse) can do moderately well on rotten fields, and huntress probs. for other killers this map is complete and utter cancer
To each their own man
Its because no one realises it's a stealth map. Some maps such as the Japaneses one (cant remember the name) have less pallets but more large shrubbery, in this case corn.
I personally like rotten fields. I agree that corn in general should be easier to see through but overall i am fine with the map. The maps however that i hate the most are Badham and Haddonfield. Badham because the balance was so poorly thought out and just overall a really ######### design and Haddonfield because the fences are absolute cancer. The RNG on those things has cucked me so many times.
ARE YOU BLIND OR ARE YOU BLIND?
Im gonna call the doctor.. And HE SAYS THIS

Well sure though I meant I hate it as killer. It's so huge that most killers can't properly apply any map pressure, there's so much corn and I wouldn't say that that map doesn't have many pallets. Not as many as some other maps, but then again none of the pallet loops are really mindgameable.
are u a survivor main or are u a survivor main. Only survivors and Hillbilly players like this ######### map
Yes