What IRL location would be best for a map?
The title says it all! What place in real life would be cool to see in DbD someday?
EDIT: Mine would be some sort of prison. Like Alcatraz or something.
The title says it all! What place in real life would be cool to see in DbD someday?
EDIT: Mine would be some sort of prison. Like Alcatraz or something.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
the tw- I mean the white house or the basement of wendys
I can think of a few but probably in very bad taste so I’ll just say more maps yes please
See here's the issue tho. Everyone who has been in the basement of Wendy's has never returned alive, so how could the devs model such a place that has never been seen by a living human?
A church
A school
A camp
I think these places would be great for a horror game.
I just love the abandoned theme park aesthetic.
Chernobyl.
Either the plant itself,The School or any of those creepy empty apartment complexes, that have been shown in various walk through videos.
Came here to mention Pripyat/Chernobyl. Glad to see i am not the only one that shares this idea. Chernobyl would be the perfect place to build a whole new map pack just like macmillian estate, coldwind, autohaven, etc.
My apartment complex I was in when I was in grad school.
Supermarket/shopping mall...
I know this is a horror game, but I don't want to witness what horror that map would hold.
I also LOVE abandoned theme parks. Possibly a roller coaster track could be toppled over and destroyed, leading to the inside of a concession stand.
Cemetery with a Grave digger as the killer and his mori is he buries you alive.
Castle type map with hidden rooms/passageways with the former one way in and one way out so if you get caught in there you're screwed. The latter if the killers in there they have zero terror radius until leaving the hidden passageway.
Amusement park would be nice for the Clown to basically get his own special type of map.
- skatepark
Caves. It's a shame we have a realm set in a mine that has 5 different maps and yet none of them are underground.
Playboy Mansion
Chernobyl oh boy. Sounds fitting.
That burning coal mine fire town might fit too.
But mostly i think most storehouses or factories and the property around those might fit
I think a cave of some sort would be cool. Or maybe a mountain bomb shelter.
We already have the first two though...
I like the airfield idea.
I think a map placed on an area like poveglia island would be pretty awesome!
We do but I think both of them are terrible representatives of these places.
I don't even know why there is a circus right next to a chapel, and school has like 1 room that looks like a class.
School should look like lery's with 2 floors.
Churches are not that big so I think a cathedral would fit better. If they are going to add a church, it would be great if they add things like cemetery etc.
The devs dont have to create "proper realistic " locationd to the game because they have the lore excuse. The Entity simply has no Idea whats inside a school or church, as much as i have no idea what rooms there should be in a ... lets say policebor fire departments.
The entity is some kid on minecraft lol.
Sidney’s Opera House.
Recoleta Cemetery in Buenos Aires (you guys should check it out)
A map where there's a ton of open space but about 25 pallets to make up for it
Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. It is behind creepy as hell. Read up on the history of it, it would fit wonderfully in the game.
I particularly remember one. A monument devoted to Kun Béla, an early 20th century communist statesman.
https://www.geocaching.hu/cacheimages/2002-06/324_20020613_105024.jpg
This one, for example is big enough to offer sufficient space for a first grader boy and a second grader girl to hide inside and exchange their first kiss. Ah, good times
Anyway: it would be so much fun looping around the ugly statues of Lenin or other long dead, disgraced commies.
Oasis - A desert plain with abandoned market stall. A large pool of salty water and a single bridge dividing the desert plains to the ancient village of Mochaka.
The testing map? Along with a new killer and survivor. The testing map is where they test the mechanics before they release it out to public. I feel like it could be a cool thing, the killer would be the featureless killer placeholder wielding a featureless bat. The survivor could be a placeholder model. In fact that gives me a idea.
Also chernobyl or some other abandoned plant or factory.
A graveyard would be cool too.
One of those empty mega-cities from China that they build to pad their GDP or something.
Chernobyl is another good one.
On loading into the match it could say...
Floor 101.
Location Unknown/Classified
Maybe a sewer map. Just anything underground.
China's wall.
Just one super long map.
Skate park would have been perfect for The Legion. Legion looks like the kind of edgelord that would hang out there.
Maple Bay cul-de-sac
There are some good ideas here. I hope we get something interesting in the next chapter. Preferably something BALANCED, no more Game or Family Residence.
I said Alcatraz mainly because of how other video games have portrayed it (like Mob of the Dead in Call of Duty). The atmosphere is near perfection.
one of my friends said Chernobyl would be a neat place when I told them about this post