Called it on new DS

https://twitter.com/ThetwinsmainTTV/status/1775917621126312376

New animation shaves off 2 seconds of the stun time not to mention the new animation is very stiff and were lightly hitting the killer with nothing in our hand

Comments

  • Yep. They did not buff DS, they added an animation and compensated for the longer animation.

  • good, DS doesn't need to be 5 seconds anyway good players can already use the 3 second stun really well

  • I was worried about it starting issues with other perks combined, but putting that aside this baffles me more.

    Aside the animation looking bad, I chalk that up to PTB jank, the stun being 5 seconds on the killer and the reward still being a 2-3ish second window escape feels weird. If it were 4 seconds I would at least accept that, but being stuck for 5 seconds as killer while the survivor doesn't get a whole lot of distance at the same time? I dunno, that feels strange.

    Edit: Also I should clarify, 4 seconds of an escape window for survivor not a 4 second killer stun.

  • @ChaosWam said:

    I was worried about it starting issues with other perks combined, but putting that aside this baffles me more.

    Aside the animation looking bad, I chalk that up to PTB jank, the stun being 5 seconds on the killer and the reward still being a 2-3ish second window escape feels weird. If it were 4 seconds I would at least accept that, but being stuck for 5 seconds as killer while the survivor doesn't get a whole lot of distance at the same time? I dunno, that feels strange.

    worlds first lose-lose perk

  • Yup lol this is what so many killer mains have been freaking out about. A total nothingburger as usual.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Yup lol this is what so many killer mains have been freaking out about. A total nothingburger as usual.

    They gave us two top buns

  • It didn't need a buff

  • Yup I called it too everyone was freaking out but yet again I am right.

  • Why did anyone think a survivor perk would get meaningful buffs?

  • dead by daylight players in their way to ignore the fact that the survivor takes 2 second of the animation floating in the air like a weirdo and the killer stun animation takes 1 second to start (it´s clearly bugged but let´s just ignore it and say that it´s not buffed)

  • @RFSa09 said:

    dead by daylight players in their way to ignore the fact that the survivor takes 2 second of the animation floating in the air like a weirdo and the killer stun animation takes 1 second to start (it´s clearly bugged but let´s just ignore it and say that it´s not buffed)

    Hopefully you are right and it is bugged. An extra second would be enough I think. If it is they should make an announcement about to stop people stressing about it.

    Right now it’s not really that big of difference and 1 extra second would be great.

  • Y'know what, lets embrace this change and lean into it. Lets slow down the animation to take 20s, and the stun last 20s. The Survivor will get no distance and will always be hit off DS, but that's fine. It will serve it's purpose of delaying for tunneling.

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3694159#Comment_3694159

    Hopefully you are right and it is bugged. An extra second would be enough I think. If it is they should make an announcement about to stop people stressing about it.

    Right now it’s not really that big of difference and 1 extra second would be great.

    and fix that poor excuse of an animation

  • @ChaosWam said:

    I was worried about it starting issues with other perks combined, but putting that aside this baffles me more.

    Aside the animation looking bad, I chalk that up to PTB jank, the stun being 5 seconds on the killer and the reward still being a 2-3ish second window escape feels weird. If it were 4 seconds I would at least accept that, but being stuck for 5 seconds as killer while the survivor doesn't get a whole lot of distance at the same time? I dunno, that feels strange.

    If I had a nickel for every time BHVR made a change that's worse for both sides of the fence, I'd have…

    I was gonna do the Doofenschmirtz meme, but I think we're past 2 instances of this now, actually.

  • Well, so far I was (unfortunately) half right with the animation being somehow longer than before.

    Next step is for them to pull back the total stun 'based on feedback' to 3s so the perk is functionally worse than before.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3694032#Comment_3694032

    If I had a nickel for every time BHVR made a change that's worse for both sides of the fence, I'd have…

    I was gonna do the Doofenschmirtz meme, but I think we're past 2 instances of this now, actually.

    bro has a jar of nickels