Self Care - Pretty Bad Job So Far?
Yes, you read it correct. The new self-care buff is ridiculous. I had a game as killer, hit a survivor, lost him, and like 15 seconds later, found him fully healed up. This was repeating and repeating.. I lost the game knowing that I could have easily have won it if not for that self care buff (keep in mind that the game is supposed to be asymmetrical, meaning the killer is stronger), and seeing healed up survivors jumping around. I am aware the developers are trying to make the gameplay experience a little easier due to the amount of new players joining, but trust me.. once you reach those higher ranks, survivors become the killer. Not fun. In my honest opinion, self-care should be left as it is right now (ignoring PTB). I really like the idea of the perk colliding with Medkits though!
Can I ask for your opinion guys? :chuffed:
Comments
So 15 seconds sounds like the time in takes for one survivor to heal another, not the time it takes to heal yourself.
I guess you got a team that's good at healing each other, nothing wrong with that.
You could stop losing chases as well? I think if a survivor constantly jukes you enough times to be healed over and over again they're doing pretty well and probably deserve the heal.
Furthermore, Sloppy Butcher got buffed. Sloppy Butcher is a statistic perk as well, and it slows down the timer by 20% which makes the SC timer take 27-29* seconds. Half a minute is a ridiculous amount of time wasted too when you consider characters like Legion who can get a extremely easy injure. SC now only will take 20 seconds, which is a great quality of life change giving survivors essentially a Mangled affect from healing alone.
The only perk you should really be questioning is Botany Knowledge, which provides a 33% increase in healing speed. Personally, I think that BK (and other healing perks like Resilience) should only set the healing penalty to 0% without a medkit in order to make sure healing isn't what it used to be (12 sec), although that's just my two sense. The new SC also affects Altruism now, so keep that in mind.
*I don't know if Sloppy Butcher applies the 20% penalty on the original 16 second healing speed, or if it affects the SC healing speed which is 24 seconds.
Edit: I addressed SenzuDuck with my initial statement after getting confused from the Spirit profile image. Sorry 'bout that Senzu, I agree with your comment.
Originally when the healing took 12 seconds, Self Care only added 6 seconds which made it take 18 seconds. The healing Nerf was a dramatic change though. With the base healing time being 16 seconds, that would add 8 seconds to the timer making SC take 24 seconds and was wasting a ton of time.
Wrong - to heal yoursef, before requed to made a 12 charges. if that is onother survivor - then he heals you with 1 charge per second. With self-care you making 0.5 charges per second. so it takes 24 seconds to heal.
with new change it takes 16/0.5 = 32 seconds to heal your self up.
Sloppy Butcher - ok, wrong again, 16/(1-20%) = 20
but with self care - 16/((1-50%)-20%) = 40 seconds of self-care OW YEAH!
but you tryed! you need to check sometimes what is goin on on wiki!
I might just have math difficulties but that math you showed looks waaaaay off..
Could you put the new SC time though (25%)? I'm looking at the numbers to see how I got that wrong and improve.
You do know Botany Knowledge (+33% healing speed) and Self Care (-25% healing speed) will equate to a infinite med-kit with a speed add-on, right?
Knowing this, it'll take approximately 14.8 seconds to heal one health state. See the problem there?
Everything else, I agree with Mr. Senzu.
I actually combined it with Botanty Knowledge. That was a pretty speedy heal.
Umm not always. There are still really strong loops that exist in the game.
If I see a Nea running to one of the houses on Haddonfield, that's it, I'm not chasing anymore.
Do you really think that Nea deserves a heal because she decided to cheese the building?
I know not everyone does that, but it's still pretty common at rank 1.
Normally, these type of changes I can live with. I just wish the devs would fix some other problems as well.
It's because Legion got that buff for injured survivors. They wanted to make SC less punishing to use since right now, it's pretty much a death sentence.
When you do the math for the game it's the number of charges divided by charges per second. By default, everything moves at 1 charge per second.
Healing takes 16 seconds, either when you heal someone else or use a medkit with no other buffs/debuffs. Self Care on live heals at 50% speed, so 16/0.5 = 32 seconds. Sloppy is applied to the base healing, so 16/0.8 = 20 seconds. SC applies after Sloppy, so it's (16/0.8)/0.5 = 40 seconds.
On PTB here is the math:
SC - 16/0.75 = 21.3 (~11 seconds faster than live)
SC + Sloppy - (16/0.8)/0.75 = 26.7 (~5 seconds faster than SC only on live, and ~13 seconds faster than SC + Sloppy on live).
So at the end of the day, the PTB SC is only 5 seconds slower with Sloppy, whereas it's 8 seconds slower on live.
you was almost right with formula.
16/((1-25%)-20%) will be 26.666666(7)
it affects only charge gain speed. Requermet always stays the same. so with new SC and under SB you gain yourself (1-25%)-20% charges per second wich is 0.6
16/0.6 = 26.6666(7)
now with BK
16/((1-25%)+33%) = .............. 16? no 16.04
HELL! (1-25%)+33%= 0.9975
So now lt's count SC + SB + BK
16/(((1-25%)-20%)+33%) = 20.05
((1-25%)-20%)+33% = 0.798
Thath a hell of a fast healing!
No because if we follow that math for the live version then it's 16/(1-0.25-0.5) which comes out to 64 seconds which is incorrect. Sloppy applies first to the base heal, 16/0.8 = 20 seconds. Then SC applies, so it's 20/0.5 = 40 seconds on live. BK would apply with SC but after Sloppy, so it's 20/(0.5+0.33) = 24.1 seconds. It only reduces the speed by ~2.5 seconds.
The location of the variable in the formula makes a big difference. The game does not lump them all together, they all appear in different spots and therefore have different effects based on what came before.
that's why i'm using % instead 0.25
try it your self
not 0.25 but 25%
Devs want to fix the balance between swf and solo. I think they did it because you can heal yourself fast without a teammmate because its harder to find teammates when you're solo. I like the idea but they should do it to 30% slower at tier 3.
0.25 is 25% SMH
And regardless you are still doing the math wrong. SC with Sloppy takes 40 seconds. We don't get that if we use your formula, we get 64 seconds. It does NOT take 64 seconds to SC with Sloppy.
Do you even listening what i'm saying?
ok - try posting these formula in internet calculator
16/(((1-25%)-20%)+33%)
and you seeng of my formula
16/(1-0.25-0.5)
and you will see that there is a VERY big diferences between 0.25 and 25%
i got even link for you
https://www.google
So essentially its a 15 secondish infinite use heal? Basically losing the killer is now rewarding survivors with a full heal and doesnt require another teammate?
@TimeMonster
https://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol4/percents_to_decimals
0.25 and 25% are the same. Regardless, that's not even what I'm talking about. I'm tell you that you don't just group all the variables together. You apply Sloppy FIRST then SC.
and yet - you still failed... well ok. i think you troling me so i will stop here
LOL are you serious? Want more evidence you are wrong?
True starts to heal at 6:48 and heals until 7:18, that's 30 seconds and the bar is about 75% full. Extrapolate that to a full heal:
30/X = 75/100 solve for X is 40. IT TAKES 40 SECONDS TO SC WITH SLOPPY. The same number you get with the CORRECT formula.
If we follow your math, 16/((1-50%)-20%) it would take 53 seconds, which is WRONG. But go ahead and tell me again how I'm trolling you.
aaand you wrong again
16/((1-50%)-20%) = 40 BTW
16s by default.
32s with Self Care
20s with Sloppy Butcher
40s with Sloppy Butcher and Self Care
PTB speeds:
16s by default
21,33s with Self Care
20s with Sloppy Butcher
26,67 with Sloppy Butcher and Self Care
Copy/paste it into Excel. Make sure to put = before it. It's 53. You can use percent or decimals it works both ways.
The correct formula is (16/0.8)/0.5, or (16/80%)/50% since you seem to insist decimals are not percentages.
@ChesterTheMolester Thank you! Exact same numbers I got from doing the math.
You're wrong, positive bonuses get added together were as negatives will apply sequentially. @thesuicidefox is right here
The game uses speed based calculations not time, thats why they are refered to as Charges per second (c/s)
Proof and explaination:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26495/psa-how-interaction-speed-reduction-calculations-work#latest
@ChesterTheMolester THANK YOU AGAIN.
basiacly you saying that i'm right... sorry but here a quest
5 - 100% = 4 or 0?
in my calculation 100% will be 5
in his calculations 100% will be 1
we did same things but diferent ways - we both right, but or seein is diferent
BTW - END THIS conversation, no need to reply
And stop claiming that you right when you wrong
No in my calculations I would use... 5. Not 100% because that's confusing. You don't know how to do math.
And I wasn't even trying to be a dick when I corrected you the first time. You're the one that started to reply with insults and insisting that percents and decimals are different among other nonsense. You want to end the conversation then end it. Maybe stop claiming you WIN when you've been proven wrong by 100%.
What the hell just happened in the comments LMAOOO
It just got real, I think somewhere in there they found the equation to time travel or something
what the hell is going on
me and other dude just were had diferent seeng of % things - don't mind it.. just stay away from all this
0.25=25%. See the % sign? 25% = 25/100 = 0.25.
126 - 22% + 22% = 98.5
yeah... strange people you can find ot there
the end of conversation
How old are you?
And just for the record, you and the other dude do not have "a different way of understanding percentages". You are objectively and demonstrably wrong about how percentages work, and that's all.
16s by default.
32s with Self Care
20s with Sloppy Butcher
40s with Sloppy Butcher and Self Care
PTB speeds:
16s by default
21,33s with Self Care
20s with Sloppy Butcher
26,67 with Sloppy Butcher and Self Care
Thats what you need to know, and whoever corrects me gets a swirly for being a nerd.
Self-care speed
Sloopy + Thanataphobia + Coulrophobia + Dying Light ?
83,66s.
16÷((0,75)×(0,75)×(0,5)×(0,85)×(0,8))
=83,660130719
125.49 seconds.
SC speed + BK in live and PTB?
16/((1-0.5)(1-0.5)(1-0.15)(1-0.25)(1-0.2)) = 16/(0.5×0.5×0.85×0.75×0.8)=125.49
No attack just to avoid confusion.
I was assuming they were asking for the live build, since that PTB change might not go live.
another post complain about the new SC ppl still dont think that its not that powerful is a bit powerful combine with leader and botany but thats it you see they buff it for a reason its on the ptb just to test it for me its good and i like it cuz its just annoying that i play against a legion they have sloppy butcher and thanatophobia but also on the ptb he got buffed now i didint even see a single post saying that hes broken but SC it is? wow i can sense a faction of killer saying " spread the words that SC its broken so on live wont be in the game" if they didint put in the game that means more buff for killer and another nerf for survivors i can imagen sc not be in the game live and seen alot of legion with thanatophobia sloppy butcher BBQ or something similar now thats not balance at all and player with just play alot more on killers than survivors
24.06s live
Refer to the numbers above to see if its only really good with leader and botany or broken by itself.
Not only will they revert the healing nerf, they will basicly throw out the point of getting healed in the process, which is a buff in disguise on top.
Let me know when game starts getting review bombed because of this change. Then maybe you'll have some grounds to claim that.