If I'm the "you're" you're referring to, why would I report myself?
So you wanted to know if you’re allowed to go as a afk killer? then write that next time. from what you wrote we were guessing that you wanted to report an afk killer.
What part of my question inferred that I wanted to report someone?
what part of it stated otherwise? but I guess you’re right, you didn’t say that.. maybe it’s because everyone wants to report everyone these days that we jump on these kind of conclusions, but you could’ve wrote the question with a bit more detail there, then other people would’ve known what you really wanted to know without further asking
What part of my question inferred that I wanted to report someone?
what part of it stated otherwise? but I guess you’re right, you didn’t say that.. maybe it’s because everyone wants to report everyone these days that we jump on these kind of conclusions, but you could’ve wrote the question with a bit more detail there, then other people would’ve known what you really wanted to know without further asking
What part of my question inferred that I wanted to report someone?
what part of it stated otherwise? but I guess you’re right, you didn’t say that.. maybe it’s because everyone wants to report everyone these days that we jump on these kind of conclusions, but you could’ve wrote the question with a bit more detail there, then other people would’ve known what you really wanted to know without further asking
Can you tell me if it is a reportable offense?
No, because I’m not a mod, so my guess is as good as yours, but I don’t think you would get banned..
It is reportable if you are planning to body block someone in a corner. Or blocking a team in the basement and then going AFK. You will then be essentially holding the game hostage. Which is an offence.
@MuteNewt said:
It is reportable if you are planning to body block someone in a corner. Or blocking a team in the basement and then going AFK. You will then be essentially holding the game hostage. Which is an offence.
I see of no reason why going AFK at spawn would get you banned.
Everyone I know would be banned by now. As an AFK killer, gens can still get done, doors can still get opened, and survivors can leave.
You will probably have zilch for points....but again....I see of no reason why having to run to the store or needing to cook dinner...etc. would get anyone banned.
My guess is looking to derank. Use Freddy if you are looking to do this. Other wise they'll just find your wraith and mess with him. But I'd guess reportable because you are not playing the game as intended.
But if you move around and refuse to interact, then who's to say you are not just bad at Freddy.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you AFK as Wraith in Cloak and the survivors cannot get you out of cloak, then I think it is possible to de-pip survivors this way as they cannot get any boldness points and altruism points excluding the "reunited" bonus.
@AgentApple50 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you AFK as Wraith in Cloak and the survivors cannot get you out of cloak, then I think it is possible to de-pip survivors this way as they cannot get any boldness points and altruism points excluding the "reunited" bonus.
If they find a flashlight they can burn you out of cloak. If he's wanting true AFK then Freddy is the one to use.
Worst mistake these devs did was to make the community to feel like reporting was the answer to everything, rather than making mecanics to prevent abuses (such as holding hostage for example)
And now we're here, with people asking for bans for pretty much anything that displease them.
Botting
Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
If this is bannable (a permanant ban), then going completely AFK might be more likely to get banned.
Botting
Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
If this is bannable (a permanant ban), then going completely AFK might be more likely to get banned.
Botting is bannable because you get bloodpoints out of it & back in the day every 3rd match was a bot match, so they had to do something against that. But if you go afk you don’t get anything out of it if the survivors are not running for boldness points their round in front of you, but if you play as Freddy they can’t really do that. If you play as any other killer (besides wraith) they could to that so they will get points as well as you (obv. your points at the end wouldn’t be more than 8k max) and since that would be an easy pip for survivors as well as easy points I’m not so sure they would really care enough to report you with a report system, where reports go directly into the dumpster lol
@MuteNewt said:
It is reportable if you are planning to body block someone in a corner. Or blocking a team in the basement and then going AFK. You will then be essentially holding the game hostage. Which is an offence.
but if a killer wants to go AFK as Freddy for a de-rank the survivors take forever to leave; they'll try everything for 10 minutes to get the killer's attention. The smart ones realize they can just get more points in the next match and move on. Then there are the trolls who stick around for another 10 minutes just to take the game hostage. That seems to be a more bannable offense.
Nothing is stopping the survivors from completing gens, opening exits, and escaping. However, the killer cannot move on to the next match as long as the survivors choose not to leave.
Why de-rank? There are no rank rewards; ranking up just means facing more and more toxic survivors who only see the killer as a Bloodpoint piñata running around a park at night.
Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter.
Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter.
So it's like the DCs then? Do it in excess and you'll get banned?
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter.
So it's like the DCs then? Do it in excess and you'll get banned?
I was under the impression that people did this to safely derank/hand out easy wins, and I'm pretty shocked that this thread has gone on for so long without a definite yes/no answer.
I don't think AFK is actually bannable. At best it's a free pip (if you manage to do enough gens), at worst it's a safety. Also free loot from chests, and free BP from totems and Boldness (which I think you still get from lullaby). It's kinda dumb, but killer isn't holding the game hostage and they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.
That said, I will still report you and block you so I never have to deal with you again. Let BHVR figure out if you deserve punishment or not, I'll take my safety/free pip, 10k BP, and flashlight I found in the basement.
@thesuicidefox said:
I don't think AFK should be bannable. At best it's a free pip (if you manage to do enough gens), at worst it's a safety. Also free loot from chests, and free BP from totems and Boldness (which I think you still get from lullaby). It's kinda dumb, but killer isn't holding the game hostage and they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.
That said, I will still report you and block you so I never have to deal with you again. Let BHVR figure out if you deserve punishment or not, I'll take my safety/free pip, 10k BP, and flashlight I found in the basement.
With no he’s totems, and wraith in a corner, the survivors will de-pip. Only one not to de-pip is if someone dies almost all the gens. You get bronze benevolence, and iri unbroken. With that you need gold lightbringer to pip. Someone’s gonna de-pip. Which just shows why such an action should never be allowed.
What part of my question inferred that I wanted to report someone?
what part of it stated otherwise? but I guess you’re right, you didn’t say that.. maybe it’s because everyone wants to report everyone these days that we jump on these kind of conclusions, but you could’ve wrote the question with a bit more detail there, then other people would’ve known what you really wanted to know without further asking
Can you tell me if it is a reportable offense?
Yes it is. its one of the definitions in the reporting section I think it’s under trolling!
@thesuicidefox said:
Just keep AFKing and if you get banned then you will have your answer.
I'd rather just have someone that's involved with the game provide clarification.
I did not expect it to be so hard to get a definite answer.
A mod did answer you....... he said
"Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter."
@thesuicidefox said:
Just keep AFKing and if you get banned then you will have your answer.
I'd rather just have someone that's involved with the game provide clarification.
I did not expect it to be so hard to get a definite answer.
A mod did answer you....... he said
"Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter."
Point 1 - No one is botting.
Point 2 - They say that they, personally, would report it.
Point 3 - Adds grey area to Point 2.
I'm looking for a direct, non-ambiguous answer from someone involved in the game.
@RemoveSWF Don't know why I'm bothering typing this considering your behavior here, but are you telling me you don't want anything that results in exploits or holding the game hostage to not be banned?
Also ######### does you comment have to do with @Raccoon thread? Seems like you purposefully went out of your way to harass a mod because of your hard on for BHVR.
@thesuicidefox said:
I don't think AFK should be bannable. At best it's a free pip (if you manage to do enough gens), at worst it's a safety. Also free loot from chests, and free BP from totems and Boldness (which I think you still get from lullaby). It's kinda dumb, but killer isn't holding the game hostage and they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.
That said, I will still report you and block you so I never have to deal with you again. Let BHVR figure out if you deserve punishment or not, I'll take my safety/free pip, 10k BP, and flashlight I found in the basement.
With no he’s totems, and wraith in a corner, the survivors will de-pip. Only one not to de-pip is if someone dies almost all the gens. You get bronze benevolence, and iri unbroken. With that you need gold lightbringer to pip. Someone’s gonna de-pip. Which just shows why such an action should never be allowed.
Not true for multiple reasons. First, you forget about safety pips. You can finish a game without pipping or depipping. Second, getting Gold Lightbringer would be 8/9 points, so you'd still safety pip. Third, it's still possible to find the killer by walking around and looking for Boldness rewards, so you could theoretically get Evader by hanging around close to the killer for a while (not teally worth it IMO, but possible).
The only way to depip against an AFK killer is to do no gens at all.
That's 5 points guaranteed. You need 6 points to safety pip and 9 points to single pip.
Doing just 1/3 of a generator by yourself gives you Bronze Lightbringer, which gives you a total of six points. That's a safety pip, so you're not depipping.
Doing 1 whole generator by yourself gives you Silver Lightbringer. Two gens by yourself is Gold Lightbringer. Three gens by yourself is Iridescent Lightbringer, which would allow you to pip.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If I'm the "you're" you're referring to, why would I report myself?
What part of my question inferred that I wanted to report someone?
Can you tell me if it is a reportable offense?
Can you tell me if it is a reportable offense?
I guess I'll just have to hope a mod replies
AFK from spawn.
Is it?
I sure hope a mod replies.
Everyone I know would be banned by now. As an AFK killer, gens can still get done, doors can still get opened, and survivors can leave.
You will probably have zilch for points....but again....I see of no reason why having to run to the store or needing to cook dinner...etc. would get anyone banned.
My guess is looking to derank. Use Freddy if you are looking to do this. Other wise they'll just find your wraith and mess with him. But I'd guess reportable because you are not playing the game as intended.
But if you move around and refuse to interact, then who's to say you are not just bad at Freddy.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you AFK as Wraith in Cloak and the survivors cannot get you out of cloak, then I think it is possible to de-pip survivors this way as they cannot get any boldness points and altruism points excluding the "reunited" bonus.
If they find a flashlight they can burn you out of cloak. If he's wanting true AFK then Freddy is the one to use.
Worst mistake these devs did was to make the community to feel like reporting was the answer to everything, rather than making mecanics to prevent abuses (such as holding hostage for example)
And now we're here, with people asking for bans for pretty much anything that displease them.
Who is asking for bans?
"I want to report an afk but don't want him to get banned", interesting.
Shhhh....
I think it's bannable.
Botting
Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
If this is bannable (a permanant ban), then going completely AFK might be more likely to get banned.
but if a killer wants to go AFK as Freddy for a de-rank the survivors take forever to leave; they'll try everything for 10 minutes to get the killer's attention. The smart ones realize they can just get more points in the next match and move on. Then there are the trolls who stick around for another 10 minutes just to take the game hostage. That seems to be a more bannable offense.
Nothing is stopping the survivors from completing gens, opening exits, and escaping. However, the killer cannot move on to the next match as long as the survivors choose not to leave.
Why de-rank? There are no rank rewards; ranking up just means facing more and more toxic survivors who only see the killer as a Bloodpoint piñata running around a park at night.
It's kinda not working towards your objective, but on the other hand, the killer doesn't hold the game hostage either, you can still escape.
It should be bannable, but I don't believe it can be bannable according to the current game "laws".
Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter.
Didn’t you make a thread on how 360’s are complete bullshit, and you’d face camp them immediately if you failed to hit them ONCE?
I was under the impression that people did this to safely derank/hand out easy wins, and I'm pretty shocked that this thread has gone on for so long without a definite yes/no answer.
I don't think AFK is actually bannable. At best it's a free pip (if you manage to do enough gens), at worst it's a safety. Also free loot from chests, and free BP from totems and Boldness (which I think you still get from lullaby). It's kinda dumb, but killer isn't holding the game hostage and they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.
That said, I will still report you and block you so I never have to deal with you again. Let BHVR figure out if you deserve punishment or not, I'll take my safety/free pip, 10k BP, and flashlight I found in the basement.
With no he’s totems, and wraith in a corner, the survivors will de-pip. Only one not to de-pip is if someone dies almost all the gens. You get bronze benevolence, and iri unbroken. With that you need gold lightbringer to pip. Someone’s gonna de-pip. Which just shows why such an action should never be allowed.
AFKing is one of the reportable offenses in the post-game reports; that should clear it out.
its one of the definitions in the reporting section I think it’s under trolling!
The in-game descriptions under the reportable offenses do not reflect what the devs have previously listed in prior threads at all.
I'm sure someone that knows will come in with a definite yes/no answer....someday....somehow.
Just keep AFKing and if you get banned then you will have your answer.
I'd rather just have someone that's involved with the game provide clarification.
I did not expect it to be so hard to get a definite answer.
A mod did answer you....... he said
"Depends on what they are doing when AFKing.
As you said, they went AFK right from the spawn... if they were botting in any ways, then yes, we do not tolerate that.
The hard part is, was it intentional? If you have seen the same person do it on multiple matches, I would report it.
If you have seen them do it once, then, maybe they had no choice but to AFK to take care of an important matter."
Point 1 - No one is botting.
Point 2 - They say that they, personally, would report it.
Point 3 - Adds grey area to Point 2.
I'm looking for a direct, non-ambiguous answer from someone involved in the game.
"Yes, you can AFK when you spawn to rank down."
or
"No, AFK'ing for the full match is bannable."
is it reporatable Yes definitely answered several times.
"Yes, definitely...."
It's not mentioned here
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Game_Ban
or here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1474222499230242023/
The latter of which mentions botting and was originally posted by not_Queen.
If you have a better source stating otherwise, please do post it up.
@RemoveSWF Don't know why I'm bothering typing this considering your behavior here, but are you telling me you don't want anything that results in exploits or holding the game hostage to not be banned?
Also ######### does you comment have to do with @Raccoon thread? Seems like you purposefully went out of your way to harass a mod because of your hard on for BHVR.
@RemoveSWF so ######### does cosmetics have to do with people being banned dumbass?
You do realize you don't get shards just from playing the matches anymore?
The only way to depip against an AFK killer is to do no gens at all.
You're guaranteed:
Iridescent Unbroken = 4 points
Bronze Benevolent = 1 point
That's 5 points guaranteed. You need 6 points to safety pip and 9 points to single pip.
Doing just 1/3 of a generator by yourself gives you Bronze Lightbringer, which gives you a total of six points. That's a safety pip, so you're not depipping.
Doing 1 whole generator by yourself gives you Silver Lightbringer. Two gens by yourself is Gold Lightbringer. Three gens by yourself is Iridescent Lightbringer, which would allow you to pip.