Vault Buff in the PTB

It seems pretty ridiculous, given that windows are already very powerful, particularly shack/double windows.

I may be jumping the gun, but this seems like a huge nerf to most M1 killers. 

Comments

  • It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.
  • I'll post my thoughts later if I notice any difference, personally.

    Glad you started rocking some Freddy, but a little sad we didn't get Freddy buffs 3;


  • I tested it out and it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. It's just a quality of life thing so everything is smooth more than likely.

  • Its good to help counter killers with bad pings.
  • What they buff about it
  • @Fenrir said:
    What they buff about it

    Survivors maintain some (?%) degree of momentum after vaulting.

  • @fluffybunny said:
    I tested it out and it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. It's just a quality of life thing so everything is smooth more than likely.

    You can't really call it QoL, just a slight buff if anything else. I don't think it will affect most m1 killers too badly though...

  • Raccoon said:

    @Fenrir said:
    What they buff about it

    Survivors maintain some (?%) degree of momentum after vaulting.

    Welp loops are strong now
  • @PolarBear said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    I tested it out and it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. It's just a quality of life thing so everything is smooth more than likely.

    You can't really call it QoL, just a slight buff if anything else. I don't think it will affect most m1 killers too badly though...

    I didn't know the right wording for it, but yeah. It's just a slight tweak that isn't really going to do much.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    @PolarBear said:

    @fluffybunny said:
    I tested it out and it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. It's just a quality of life thing so everything is smooth more than likely.

    You can't really call it QoL, just a slight buff if anything else. I don't think it will affect most m1 killers too badly though...

    I didn't know the right wording for it, but yeah. It's just a slight tweak that isn't really going to do much.

    Does anyone have the new vaulting animation? (don't have really the time to see it for myself)

  • Pretty sure medium vaults were buffed, don't really see why. Pretty sure I've noticed a difference, that you can not hit survivors directly after medium vaults anymore, as you used to, maybe even not at the end of the animation anymore, but not sure. Not a fan of that buff, but might not be a big deal.

  • I disagree. If you mindgame well enough, windows aren't an extreme issue. It'll be nice to have some momentum when vaulting a window instead of consistently getting whacked by the killer from the other side even though you've gone through the full vault animation.

  • Rip zero skill chainsaw survivor that  vaulted through a window?
    Besides that nothing has changed vault got buffed only with extra 100ms.
  • @Vietfox said:
    It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.

    No one asked for Freddy's nerf, Doctorn nerf and many other nerfs either.

    What's your point? Yeah no one asked for the Doctor's "nerf" about NC, but this thread is about vaults, not about the Doctor or Freddy.
  • @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Vietfox said:
    It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.

    No one asked for Freddy's nerf, Doctorn nerf and many other nerfs either.

    Yes you killers did my dear, just indirectly. You complained how Mending was not affected by a Nurses calling but the Snap out of it was. That's why they both got nerfed. Because killers cried about it and the devs made it even. I'm a neutral player btw just taking the survivor side against you.

    That change to vaulting where you needed 2.5m instead of 1 was not asked for by ANYONE, nobody cared about the vaults and nobody wanted that to happen. Survivors did not need that nerf and rightfully complained. The devs must have realised the mistake (ty devs you rock). I hoped the devs would have undone it but this new buff seems fine.

  • @Fenrir said:
    Raccoon said:

    @Fenrir said:

    What they buff about it

    Survivors maintain some (?%) degree of momentum after vaulting.

    Welp loops are strong now

    Nope they'll be just the same as they always have been. Killers need to stop reacting to little tweaks like this and that borrowed time buff. They were/are not problems.

  • @Raccoon said:
    It seems pretty ridiculous, given that windows are already very powerful, particularly shack/double windows.

    I may be jumping the gun, but this seems like a huge nerf to most M1 killers. 

    Buff looping => more camping :lol:

  • @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Vietfox said:
    It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.

    No one asked for Freddy's nerf, Doctorn nerf and many other nerfs either.

    Yes you killers did my dear, just indirectly. You complained how Mending was not affected by a Nurses calling but the Snap out of it was. That's why they both got nerfed. Because killers cried about it and the devs made it even.** I'm a neutral player btw just taking the survivor side against you.**

    You need to camouflage better, because no one sane would consider it a reason to nerf.

    What are you on about? The fact that they made things even? If killers didn't say anything it would have been the same.

  • @Master said:

    Buff looping => more camping :lol:

    I love the logic of some killers.
    Looping? Camp
    No auras after hooking someone? Camp
    Pallet stun? Camp
    It's wednesday? Camp

    Any reason is valid to camp.
  • @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Vietfox said:
    It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.

    No one asked for Freddy's nerf, Doctorn nerf and many other nerfs either.

    Except for the hundreds of high-rank survivors (20-15).....which is why Freddy was nerfed.....twice..... :(

  • This isn’t a vault “buff” per se, it’s really a bug fix. Why would your velocity be 0 after a fast vault, which requires you to accelerate all over again. There are other velocity bugs as well, where you randomly accelerate at an extremely slow rate for absolutely no reason at all.

  • @TheMidnightRidr said:
    Except for the hundreds of high-rank survivors (20-15)....

    You mean lower ranked survivors, right? ;)

  • Vietfox said:
    @Master said:

    Buff looping => more camping :lol:

    I love the logic of some killers.
    Looping? Camp
    No auras after hooking someone? Camp
    Pallet stun? Camp
    It's wednesday? Camp

    Any reason is valid to camp.
    They're just pissed because they can't exploit bullshit hits that didn't really land anymore, they can't swing after you're six feet away from a vault and still land that's why they're mad
  • What @Kaelum said is right.
    It's an adjustment to make the vault tiers (slow, medium, fast) clearly different from each other.
    New animation on med tier vault + running vault velocity adjustment on fast vault makes the experience feels smoother for players.

  • Vietfox said:
    @Master said:

    Buff looping => more camping :lol:

    I love the logic of some killers.
    Looping? Camp
    No auras after hooking someone? Camp
    Pallet stun? Camp
    It's wednesday? Camp

    Any reason is valid to camp.
    This is gold stuff here :lol:

    I agree, it's ridiculous @Vietfox
  • @Raccoon said:
    It seems pretty ridiculous, given that windows are already very powerful, particularly shack/double windows.

    I may be jumping the gun, but this seems like a huge nerf to most M1 killers. 

    erm you got legion that can vault also killers have bamboozle and also killers can 100% hit the survivor going in the window so its pretty much on killer side right now its a good way of a balance

  • @Vietfox said:
    @Master said:

    Buff looping => more camping :lol:

    I love the logic of some killers.
    Looping? Camp
    No auras after hooking someone? Camp
    Pallet stun? Camp
    It's wednesday? Camp

    Any reason is valid to camp.

    There s nothing wrong with camping its part of a game and survivors need to adapt how to react / counter camping

  • @Slayer said:

    There s nothing wrong with camping its part of a game and survivors need to adapt how to react / counter camping

    I'm just making fun of the excuses.
  • @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RushingSnipeBob said:

    @Vietfox said:
    It was needed, no one asked for that vault nerf we got.

    No one asked for Freddy's nerf, Doctorn nerf and many other nerfs either.

    Yes you killers did my dear, just indirectly. You complained how Mending was not affected by a Nurses calling but the Snap out of it was. That's why they both got nerfed. Because killers cried about it and the devs made it even.** I'm a neutral player btw just taking the survivor side against you.**

    You need to camouflage better, because no one sane would consider it a reason to nerf.

    What are you on about? The fact that they made things even? If killers didn't say anything it would have been the same.

    So, according to you logic, when survivors ######### about camping/something else THEY should be nerfed?

    No. But if survivors ######### about a feature they want because they've got it already like idk Alert has no cooldown, why doesn't Quick and Quiet? Then there's a good chance the devs will make it even. You seriously don't get it do you?