what non-meta perks do you enjoy?
I really like We'll Make It, Premonition, Tenacity, Alert, and Open Handed. There are a few more but you get the point: I enjoy quite a few off meta perks. Is anyone else like-minded?
Tagged:
Community Manager
I really like We'll Make It, Premonition, Tenacity, Alert, and Open Handed. There are a few more but you get the point: I enjoy quite a few off meta perks. Is anyone else like-minded?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
@danvain I am pretty much exactly like you! I think I listed some exhaustion perks in my OP, but I only run those if I am having a bad day and need a bit of help. I never run DS or Adrenaline, and I think I have only used Sprint Burst less than 5 times.
I also run No Mither in most of my builds because I think survivor is just way too easy, and I think that this perk should be part of the base game in some way.
Once the update hits I'm going to be running Lithe + Dance With Me to lose the killer.
Kindred, for a few unhook actions less while the killer counts my nose hairs.
I use Bond, Iron Will, Stake Out and Urban Evasion. I don't think any of them are actually classed as meta perks, and I really enjoy playing with them.
Before that I used to use Quick & Quiet and Lightweight instead of Stake Out and UE, that was until I felt like Q&Q became useless because every damn Killer just randomly looks into all the lockers now. RIP all-green setup.
Honestly, I'm really enjoying my current non-meta build.
Borrowed Time, We're Gonna Live Forever, Unbreakable, and Tenacity
The strategy is literally to hook rush, be annoying with body blocks, and put yourself into suicidal situations. My favorite use for this is end-game, when the gates are open and the killer camps a hook. I run in with the intent that I'll get downed during the unhook (so even when injured), and the killer will usually greed for two and chase after the person who just got borrowed time. By the time they realize or turn back, I'm already gone with tenacity and revived with unbreakable. Has made some pretty epic basement and NOED saves.
Not to mention you can get up to +75% BP for a single unhook + body block spam combo. So even if they focus and kill you, you almost doubled your BP which is more than worth the no escape bonus.
I run a really off meta build on the survivor side with Ace in the Hole, Detective's Hunch, and Stake Out and then the fourth perk just gets switched out a lot.
As a suvivor: Bond / Wake Up
As a killer: Remember Me / Devour Hope
All of Quentin's perks, but I also have quite a soft spot for No Mither. I know it really needs a buff, but it's still so much fun. Adds actual tension to survivor play that you can't always get otherwise.
For teamwork: Leader, Street Wise, Vigil, and something like Up The Ante or Open Handed.
When I'm not being a teammate: perks like Wake Up, Up The Ante, Open Handed, OoO, Sole Survivor, Sabatour, and a bunch of other perks.
Killer
Devour Hope or The Third Seal, and then a mixture of perks like Overcharge, thanatophobia, Hangman's Trick, and a few others.
I actually don't use any meta perks except sometimes Self Care.
i like alert & technician a lot, i only play on feng w/ her unique perks but with selfcare
I don't know if it's a meta perk but I absolutely love Premonition.
It's saved my ass so many times. It pretty much allows me to spot Wraith or Freddy before they spot me. If I know which general direction they're coming from and they don't know that I have the perk, I generally can scurry away or hide until they leave.
Kindred when I'm playing in lower Ranks to give the newer and more inexperienced players extra information when I'm on a hook.
Right now loving Technician so I can polish up my skillchecks and start powering through Ruin better. Has kept me hidden so many times since I started using it.
Empathy, Botany Knowledge combo is rather nice at times. When I want to play a pure Altruism build they work well together since I solo queue. Add in We'll Make It (that's the one for faster healing on unhooks?) and I can rack up some nice points pretty quickly.
Balanced landing, everyone is sleeping on it and I can't figure out why.
2.) pharmacy (so much better than self care in terms of healing speed and I’m a plunderer at heart)
3.) plunderers instincts (see above but I rarely put these together on a build it seems redundant)
4.) Streetwise (omg why are people not using this more? If you are working on a gen with someone else your toolbox charge stays up soooo much longer. Also pairs well with 2 and 3)
5.) lightweight/technician (depends on what type of stealth I want to focus on)
Spine Chill and Lightweight are my favorites. Aside from those I usually run Botany and Self Care, though trying to do without SC now. I take Lithe instead, and replace Botany with random stuff: Technician, Plunderer's, Kindred <- real fun for teammates, and the like.
No one left behind and we're gonna live forever are my go to blood point combo if I have to swf, combine with borrowed time and "we'll make it" to really get things going.
Boil over and DS look like they're gonna be a good combo, struggling will be very powerful for anyone who isn't the obsession.
I like running Monstrous Shrine on my Leatherface build so if I happen to down someone close to basement they get into a very bad situation.
Object of Obsession and Stake Out. I can mind game a killer really well with Object of Obsession.
I like to run Bond, Balanced landing, borrowed time (for some reason not many people take BT) and the 4th is just dependent on how I'm feeling really
@Poweas I use Empathy, Iron Will and No Mither for the same reasons as you. Neat.
I used Technician for a while, but never had anything like that. Approximately how close can they be without hearing you? I may test in a kyf.
I also may start using Calm Spirit when it gets buffed. It would be great if crows actually were a threat to you. You can walk right by them without it and not startle them.
Empathy, Balanced Landing, We'll Make It aaand Botany Knowledge.
You can be unheard unless they go 16m next to you (at tier 3). It would be golden in high ranks but in low ranks, the killers just walk up to a gen whether they hear it or not so it's useless in low ranks. If they get within 16 metres of you, they'll hear it. And yh the second they buff calm spirit it's going straight into my Claudette build I'm probably going to replace SB cause I can loop/survive just as well without it. Ima use Calm spirit, Iron will, Self care, and Adrenaline or Lithe or Urban idk.
Ace in the hole
Survivor:
We'll Make It - The heal speed!
Leader - A ghetto reverse Bond for genrushing.
Iron Will - I rarely use it now due to WGLF, but it's another great tryhard ninja escape perk.
Killer:
Third Seal - True isolation mechanic. Absolute f*cking shame it's tied to a Hex, and Ruin feels so required.
Make Your Choice - I very rarely see this used, especially to effect, but I love it. Complete game-changer in some matches. Anti-tunnel perk, yay.
Overcharge - I see it in about 30% of my matches, but Tier 3 is actually quite good for forcing 3 gens with Distressing + Unnerving on any killer.
Blood Warden on Myers. I have no idea why no one sees it coming. It's absolutely beautiful to see three survivors who obviously aren't looking forward running up against the blocked off exit, strafing against the wall.
Spine Chill is IMO the best perk in the game after Sprint Burst and Self Care. It gives you so much information about the killer it's way and above any other detection perk. I think it's not meta because it's hard to understand how to use it properly.
We'll make it with WGLF.
That's the most practical use of the perk, lmao
Stake Out is probably one of the strongest perks I've ever seen on this game and no one runs it, guaranteed great checks and an indicator if the killer is within eyesight.
Stake Out and Blood Warden. When either one of them turns out to be a game changer, it's beautiful.