Look at the current state of Scratchmarks. (Beware the rant and rage)

1.png

Look at this crap!

Just to clarify some things guys:

  1. Felix were running in a straight line while hugging the right side of this rode.
  2. THERE WERE ONLY FELIX! (It's a scratchmarks from only 1 survivor!)

What in the holy mother of "S" is going on with these scratchmarks? And why are they SO spread out?

They are literally 3 meters left and right from survivor's point of moving. Now imagine how my match went, when they just kept holding shift+W, and turning left and right all the time?

I'm sorry, but I have to say: My bottom part of the body were BURNING, while I was trying to follow these scratchmarks.

It's not exclusive for RPD, IT'S ON EVERY SINGLE MAP!

Look how scratchmarks going ALL the way to the left, when the survivor hugging the wall on the right! What the hell is this?!

MY WHOLE match just went: - Me checking and double-checking left and right before making a desicion of where this survivor went from 1 room to the next.

Guys, your game now have SO MANY LOS (line of sight) breaking stuff, so the killer 70% of the chase just following the scratchmarks. But how can you follow THOSE, without losing any distance?!

I don't know if someone created a post about it somewhere. But these scratches are just insane and ridiculous.

Whoever the person who is responsible for scratchmarks in your team, PLS get a grip and consider a fix. There is no way in hell, that THESE ARE NORMAL!

Comments

  • ....we have no idea whats going on with that, but survivors being able to paint the map red probably isn't normal. We have normal scratches so maybe verify files? If not we'll hide in a corner before something bad happens......

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I2CBXSJ1586K/1.png

    Look at this crap!

    Just to clarify some things guys:

    1. Felix were running in a straight line while hugging the right side of this rode.
    2. THERE WERE ONLY FELIX! (It's a scratchmarks from only 1 survivor!)

    What in the holy mother of "S" is going on with these scratchmarks? And why are they SO spread out?

    They are literally 3 meters left and right from survivor's point of moving. Now imagine how my match went, when they just kept holding shift+W, and turning left and right all the time?

    I'm sorry, but I have to say: My bottom part of the body were BURNING, while I was trying to follow these scratchmarks.

    It's not exclusive for RPD, IT'S ON EVERY SINGLE MAP!

    Look how scratchmarks going ALL the way to the left, when the survivor hugging the wall on the right! What the hell is this?!

    MY WHOLE match just went: - Me checking and double-checking left and right before making a desicion of where this survivor went from 1 room to the next.

    Guys, your game now have SO MANY LOS (line of sight) breaking stuff, so the killer 70% of the chase just following the scratchmarks. But how can you follow THOSE, without losing any distance?!

    I don't know if someone created a post about it somewhere. But these scratches are just insane and ridiculous.

    Whoever the person who is responsible for scratchmarks in your team, PLS get a grip and consider a fix. There is no way in hell, that THESE ARE NORMAL!

    Was he using Lightweight?

  • Did you by any chance check his perks? Lightweight messes with the spacing of scratchmarks.

  • No, no one were using Lightweight at the end, besides, I don't think they will be so "consistent", if he was using this perk.

  • Are we allowed to do what SO many others do on the forums and suggest you waste a slot bringing a perk to remedy the situation🤔😏

    ‘cause… Predator js

    Anyway, It could be Devs shadow testing sth tho, fwiw

    Occasionally, I’ll bring Fixated to test for what scattered trails I’ve experienced in Killer matches.

  • Are the scratchmarks in this screenshot actually a problem though? A better screenshot would give a better idea of what's going wrong here.

    I haven't played recently so maybe it is bad and should be fixed for players that are bad at tracking on killer. But in this scenario it only takes a little bit of gamesense to realize that he only has one place he could be going.

  • Scratchmarks get worse, FOV gets worse, next update I'm expecting killers will be forced to stare at the ground the whole match. There's always something (or ten somethings) wrong with this game.

  • Scratchmarks have been broken for awhile. You are not the only one experiencing this.

  • Pretty much. No scratch mark perks on survivor side and yet they go everywhere, even worse in indoor maps.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Are we allowed to do what SO many others do on the forums and suggest you waste a slot bringing a perk to remedy the situation🤔😏

    ‘cause… Predator js

    Anyway, It could be Devs shadow testing sth tho, fwiw

    Occasionally, I’ll bring Fixated to test for what scattered trails I’ve experienced in Killer matches.

    Scratch marks in general never really worked correctly. Predator won't solve tiles where scratchmarks don't show at all for example.

  • I've found scratch marks to be harder to track recently. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination playing tricks on me or if others were having difficulties too.

    I guess I'm not the only one.

  • Scratchmarks were ok, until we had the short period of time when the scratchmarks got super boosted. And when BHVR reverted that, we are now stuck with garbage scratchmarks.

    At least we aren’t stuck with the experimental scratchmarks they tested on the Alien PTB. I can’t even believe BHVR wanted to test something that horrible.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3606843#Comment_3606843

    Scratch marks in general never really worked correctly. Predator won't solve tiles where scratchmarks don't show at all for example.

    Yeah, fr tho

    Was kinda part of the mild sarcasm regarding the “Hey, just use *insert perk to counter *insert discrepancy” suggestions from ppl on here… It’s usually sth they try n push that isn’t entirely a solution to the issue.

    Hence, why Pred could possibly use a li’l buff of its own