Who are your remaining Icons

There are plenty of horror characters to continue adding to the roster both current and old. And while the current day options are ever expanding, which did you grow up with? Who did your friends or family introduce you to and shape the image of what horror is?

We've already gotten many of the icons I grew up with, but there are still a few Im hoping for.

image.png

Wishmaster

image.png

Pack Leader from The Howling

image.png

Creeper

image.png


Comments

  • My first exposure to horror was reading Stephen King's It, and then I grew up with his books & movie adaptations. Then I watched every saw movie and I only started really expending my horror repertoire when I was an older teen / young adult (and I still haven't finished because there's quite a lot of catching up to do). Here's my picks:

    Pennywise from It

    Picture of Pennywise from the new "It" adaptation. It's a clown standing and smiling menacingly.

    Jack Torrance from the Shining

    th (3).jpeg

    Jason from Friday the 13th (I believe he's the only slasher icon left now that we got Chucky ?)

    th (4).jpeg

    Sam from Trick 'R Treat

    th (5).jpeg

    (I genuinely don't know if this movie is popular at all but I've always loved this little guy's design)

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    There are plenty of horror characters to continue adding to the roster both current and old. And while the current day options are ever expanding, which did you grow up with? Who did your friends or family introduce you to and shape the image of what horror is?

    We've already gotten many of the icons I grew up with, but there are still a few Im hoping for.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FT9J3NIDIJRG/image.png

    Wishmaster

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/91T85FZMI9MW/image.png

    Pack Leader from The Howling

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GT5BZNA6E7KM/image.png

    Creeper

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/85G8WWMGUJWP/image.png

    DBD is only missing 1 big one for most people I'd say. That being Jason. And I'd throw in Pennywise if I could add one more for movies.

    Horror Icons.jpg


    For video games I think its pretty obvious at this point what most people would like more than anything else. Springtrap and/or Slenderman.


    Springtrap.jpg


    Slenderman.jpg


  • Jason, Slenderman, and Pennywise are the only ones left that we grew up with and really want to see. We're welcome to surprises though.

  • None I only play as Pyramid Head...and Robbie Rabbit Legion

  • Jason, Candyman, Pennywise, and Predator, that's my list.

  • Pennywise is the only one left that I really care about. I hope they can find a way to get him one day.

  • Aside from what has been mentioned, there’s still potential for chapters involving Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, maybe Frankenstein’s monster (if they really wanted to go all-in to classic horror) and other earlier iconic “creature feature” characters as Killers in DBD. Maybe even some form of Ghost Pirate akin to those in Carpenter’s The Fog (w/o needing licensing for any of these either, btw) would make for a worthwhile chapter.

    Figuring how 4 are added yearly, eventually those depths of the horror “well” may need to be delved into.

  • @Annso_x @Biggiecheez @Rulebreaker @Wexton @I_CAME

    Jason would definitely be a great addition, I just kind of gave up on him though when I read about the legal issues. Still hopefully one day

    I'd also like to see Pennywise. Im more partial to the Tim Curry version and think getting him to do voice lines would be amazing if possible. Ive got nothing against the newer version other then he gave me more of a predator vibe vs a scary image.

    Id like to see slenderman if the concept stays similar to other games and lore where looking directly at him should be avoided.

  • @Tsulan

    Mr X would be cool

    You say Jaws but all I can picture is

    image.png


  • Candyman. So many ways you could take that--the mirror trick, or the "living urban legend" who wants his reputation to spread and people to fear him, the name being born by multiple men and changing with each new bearer, the victim of injustice, the bee motif.

    image.png


  • The Tall Man from Phantasm

    Cdaa38bea11b6e3464cdf3a433a75145_29.png

    The Djinn from Wishmaster

    Djinn_wishmaster.png


    Honorable mentions

    Cropsey from The Burning

    cropsey.png


    The Pumpkinhead from Pumpkinhead

    PUMPKINHEAD.png Pumpkinhead.png


    Herbert West from Re-Animator (Stuart Gordon Adaptation)

    herbert.png


    Matt Cordell from Maniac Cop

    maniac.png cop.png


  • Tony the Pimp from Demons?

    All for Tall Man from Phantasm and Pumpkinhead as well!

    Would love to see more collabs with iconic Actors/Actresses from the Horror Genre.

  • pumpkinhead-1988-d963b5be5b1b4a308b3a68cc12276079.jpg

    Pumpkinhead. Loved this movie as a kid.

  • Slenderman, pennywise, the nun and mary shaw from dead silence. Then maybe one of these three annabelle, megan or orphan. One character also I do hope outside of horror davy jones.

  • Jason and Pennywise. I also think Fatal Frame would bring some nice cosmetics.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    @Annso_x @Biggiecheez @Rulebreaker @Wexton @I_CAME

    Jason would definitely be a great addition, I just kind of gave up on him though when I read about the legal issues. Still hopefully one day

    I'd also like to see Pennywise. Im more partial to the Tim Curry version and think getting him to do voice lines would be amazing if possible. Ive got nothing against the newer version other then he gave me more of a predator vibe vs a scary image.

    Id like to see slenderman if the concept stays similar to other games and lore where looking directly at him should be avoided.

    Honestly I wasn't super fan of the new It movies (although I'd still be really happy if we got Pennywise from this version). I just liked his design better than the older one haha. I wouldnt mind either version or a more "original" take with BHVR getting the licence from the books and making their own design.

    Also, I completely forgot Slenderman ! Now that we got Chucky it doesn't seem impossible to get him, so that'd be cool. As for the mechanic to not be allowed to look at him we already have the reveal mechanic for GF or Spine Chill which detect LoS of the killer, so it doesn't seem like it'd be too complicated to implement tbh.