Would you rather want to have OG-Freddy back or current Freddy with Buffs?
!title
I would love to know your opinion on the state of my boy. Would you rather see a return of OG Freddy with some QoL-Changes in addition of a little Buff to the current Freddy like Snares/Pallets Basekit?
After playing current Freddy for hundreds of hours while watching every single OG-Freddy-Video I could find, I am very convinced:
I would LOVE to see a return of OG Freddy with Adjustments.
To be honest, the only thing that hurts my eyes was watching Self-Care-Wake-Ups all the time and being powerless in the endgame.
So my conclusion would be: Survivors are asleep when Exit Gates are opened (or powered) and cannot wake up and for the Dream Transition, just make Survivors Incapacitated while falling asleep.
Thats it. OG Freddy would not be A-Tier, but fun and strategic.
Comments
I rememeber everyone back in the old days including me wished for Freddy rework because he was F tier Killer. He was powerless in end game, and you had to run the same addons to make Survivors fall asleep from far away and faster. I quess he was more unique than the current Freddy, but he was weak too.
As I mentioned: Survivors are asleep in the Endgame and Incapacitated in Dream Transition, so they cannot finish the gen in front of you while you watch them doing it.
OG Freddy
Ill take fun and unique gameplay over something boring just so its viable.
Call my cynical, but with DLC killers, I feel like they release them at their most powerful, get everybody to buy them, then nerf them and get ready to release the new DLC killer with the poweful perks and abilities, and so on.
So will they ever make Freddy as powerful as he used to be when everybody used to play him? Not if people aren't gonna pay for it.
Xeno will get nerfed before the next DLC killer is available I predict.
Old Freddy ofcourse.
I hated the day they reworked him.
i'd rather have current freddy. as much as i would love old freddy bc of how lore accurate it is, but for the actual health of the killer he needs his current kit with a bunch of tweaks. the tweaks should be as such;
also he needs a respective addon pass, reworking every single addon he has as every single one of them are useless.
Old Freddy. That one was at least a faithful adaptation. He was unique and, from what I've read other people say about him, fun. Sadly, I was not around to experience this version of Freddy.
Current Freddy has nothing to do with the actual movies. I mean Dream Snares?! Come on, BHVR. Surely you can do better than that.
No, never again do i want to see Old Freddy, i genuinely hope he stays buried and dead.
I much rather want current Freddy to get some well needed QOL changes.
I would say OG Freddy but Self Care hard countered them and I rather not have Self Care rise in usage in my SoloQ games.
Honestly idk how to feel about OG Freddy cause I’ve never played against him due to that I joined this game a month after his rework but I’m personally not a fan of the whole “start the trial without the survivors seeing you and then put them to sleep so you can attack them” and the whole “7 seconds of iframes before you can attack them” thing still makes me feel like he won’t really be a fun to play as killer but current Freddy isn’t fun either
this might sound abit controversial but I think they should just rework Freddy and give him better “fun” abilities and even if its the 2010 Freddy it wouldn’t hurt for him to have a little “humorish” Robert Englund Freddy attacking style
I could be still wrong about my take on this and I would also love to hear other peoples takes on this as well!
I would much rather have OG Freddy.
OG Freddy all the way. His kit wasn't very strong but with a few tweaks I think he could be a good beginner killer with a fun and immersive mechanic.
i mean they could legit just combine old freddy and new freddy.
For example, they can just make him a stance character where if you press control, you lose the ability to m1 but you can pull people into dream world from a distance by clicking m1. M2 allows you to teleport to gens. Pressing control again brings you back to regular freddy with snares and m1.
after that, just revert some of changes.
such as terror radius reduced from 32 -> 24 meters.
-lullaby is only present outside of dream world.
-survivors aura reading is shown when outside terror radius.
-freddy snares no longer slow him down to 100%. he maintains 115% m/s.
bring back some of old pre-reworked freddy add-on's.
Freddy released as the weakest killer BHVR could ever come up with. What are you talking about?
I feel true nirvana lies somewhere in the middle personally.
The uniqueness of Old Freddy was:
Modern Freddy is rather generic... kinda like some weird mashup of Clown and Sadako but not as good as either respectively. He gets to attack awake survivors and have pressure off the get go as a teleporting m1 killer... his dream world hides his TR and is otherwise gives him some basic anti loop.
I feel there is some combination between the 2 that can work. I want the stealth aspect and fear of the dream world of old Freddy back... but I also want the passive slowdown of micro sleep and thecdrean pallets from modern Freddy.
I like the idea of old Freddy, but I'd tweak it to some idea like: -
Something like that. People smarter than me can probably do a better job, but you get the idea.
OG Freddy. I miss my old main :(
Didn't care for the og or current. I'd give his power an overhaul that makes him more viable and more sense for his lore. While I think it would be balanced, im sure survivers would hate it XD
Why don't we just make a brown addon OG Freddy? It'd be easy to get and you wouldn't really have to change anything.
Other than the coding nightmare it'd be that is.
Nah. The devs can see that this Rework was not a success.
Yes, Dream Snares are better than nothing, but boring.
Dream Projection (especially Fakes) is his best part. Blocking Gens with DMS still makes me fun, however:
OG Freddy is what most of the people, including my friend @GeneralV wants to see. (With Adjustments!)
SADLY, he once again has to suffer because of a failure called SM which obviously got prioritized. Just deactivate her, no one cares about her.