Game design 101: Why Behaviour is top of the class

Allow me to explain the situation here.
Meg is the last person alive. The hatch has spawned. Meg has Decisive Strike. Meg has crawled to a space away from any nearby hooks.
The killer (in this case the Spirit) does not have Enduring equipped, and therefore can not pick Meg up risk-free.
So what we have is a stalemate. The killer does not wish to be stunned and risk the survivor running to the hatch. The survivor decides to crawl to a location where they can't be hooked, so they can either force the d-strike or bleed out on the ground out of some misplaced sense of pride.
So both players sit there for over a minute waiting for the inevitable bleed out.
When people look back on games like Ocarina of Time, Half-Life, Starcraft etc and admire the timeless design, I am confident that Dead by Daylight will be held in the same regard as those games. Simply fantastic design here.
Comments
I was talkign about the hatch STANDOFF, not the hatch in general. But keep trashtalking about 4ks, im used that from you anyway
If the devs gave a ######### about nerfing Dstrike, it would have been nerfed long ago. If they cared about balanced gameplay they’d have never introduced it in the first place.
Personally if that survivor was nowhere near the hatch, I’d have probably just eaten the DS and tried to down her again. But when you get hit with the toxic survivors it makes you do things you wouldn’t normally do. Sometimes you have to camp or BM some manners into these plebs.
Being granted a free escape based on a perk you picked before the game even began = skill.
Noed, a perk which can be completely.nullified is the real issue however.
And lol at whining about "greedy killers". DBD must be the only game on earth where you're shamed for doing your objective and taking out the other team. What about all those greedy survivors who want all 5 gens rather than just settling for 4?
The feeling when you can let the DS survivor bleed out on the floor because they were too entitlted to do gens.....
DS doesn't ruin the game so seriously just stop with that nonsense, you were given ways to deal with it, strategies to sue and were told about standing in a corner before. This is nothing more than an entitled I want my 4k post again.
You didn't know where the hatch was well go look for it, you're a Spirit and you can cover a large area of the map. If it's close you'll know really quickly, if not you go back and eat the DS and down her quickly again and congrats you've got your 4k.
If it's close and she was toxic just let her bleed out and take your 3k knowing you frustrated them because you didn't take the bait.
Too entitled to do gens? Excuse me but, what? Come back with a sentence that makes sense next time.
The killer didn't even pick the survivor up, I doubt the hook were that far away all he's worried about it DS, that's how the perk is until they change it, it's one kill and it really doesn't matter.
He complains that the survivor didn't crawl about but are we really going to believe this killer who does nothing but moan about survivor would have really picked that survivor up for fear of hurting is ego and losing a kill to dstrike? Give me a break, he has 4 stacks, so he's already hooked this person, who's to say they haven't used it already?
Why are people so opposed to having fun in this game?
Anyway, I'm not going to get involved with this.
Why wouldn't I have hooked them? Just for the sake of taking a pic and arguing on here? I like how you make me out to be a salty killer main...as if I haven't spent my time here mostly arguging with killers and being called a survivor main for it.
I dribbled them to the hook earlier thats how I got my stack. Found them at the end here. Of course they still had their Decisive, why do you think they're staying there? Because they knew there was no hooks nearby either.
Put the tinfoil hat down, it doesn't suit you.
Seems like you know the answer already
You are the most anti-killer supposed "killer main" I've ever seen. Why is it so bad to want to get a 4k once in awhile? Especially when in this situation when you're earned it but one OP perk is stopping you from hooking the last person? Settle down is right. Stop being so righteous, no one cares. Everyone has a right to enjoy this game and some aspects of it are not fun at all, on both sides, but especially for killer and especially when it comes to DS. People have a right to voice their opinion, that's kind of the point of the forum, so stop shaming people for being unhappy with certain aspects of the game.
You are probably the most annoying "killer main" on this forum. constantly talking ######### to other killer mains because they want to 4k once in awhile. Why is that such a horrible thing to you? In this situation, it seems she earned this hook. DS is preventing her from getting that hook. She has a right to be upset about an OP perk forcing her to sit here and wait. "Oh but she doesn't HAVE to sit there and wait!" Yeah, but then she might not get the kill at all. It's a ######### situation. Stop giving people ######### for expressing their opinions and displeasure in certain game mechanics. That is literally what this forum is for. If you can't deal with killer mains saying they are unhappy about specific things then I suggest staying in the Survivor subforum. Every comment you make just makes me roll my eyes so hard. KiLLeR mAiN bTw!!! You always have to tell everyone you're a killer main before you go off on a rant about killers. Stop being so self righteous. No one cares. If survivors can want to all escape then killers can want the 4k from time to time as well, it doesn't make them entitled or wrong, so stop being a dick to every killer main on the forum who doesn't have their head so far up BHVR's ass that they can't see the bad mechanics in this game.
Killers run Ruin all the time, it's the same principle, except Ruin has a counter and DS is OP and broken. I've definitely gone against 3-4 survivors with DS, and 2 is very common. At least one survivor has it 95% of matches I play. And it isn't even about if there is multiple in a game. There being one in a game is enough to screw things up. I don't understand why everyone is like "stop whining and deal with it" rather than express displeasure so BHVR sees it is important to change it. Why exactly are we not allowed to complain about an OP perk? Why is that a bad thing? Why is the response "get over it" rather than "you're right, that perk sucks" or "I don't agree but I understand why you feel that way." This community is so ######### toxic it's disgusting.
I'm not a killer main, I don't main anything, I play back and fourth between both, I'm rank one on both every season, I play them both, why is that such a hard concept?
Besides, why are you replying to me here, I'm still waiting for you to reply to that comment where you say everything I say is bias and I've asked for proof of that, why haven't you replied to that?
DS Is a perk, and as it stands it really isn't too bad right now, he's at end game there's probably not many pallets he could have easily caught her, he's already hooked her so she probably doesn't even have DS yet but his ego can't stand losing that one kill :ohnoes:
Yet another sentence that means absolutely nothing, good try though. Solid 4/10.
Like yourself I find it in almost all of my games. I play far more games with an obsession than without. Often multiple people will have it.
Those that claim nobody uses it are either lying or very, very, very lucky.
The worst part is the devs have admitted DS is too strong and that it needs to change and yet here are, all this time later and it still haven't changed.
Its hands down my biggest gripe with the game and the biggest obstacle to balance imo
Forgot to take the pill?
Oh yeah, community is toxic because they express different points of view in a polite way.
You are allowed to complain, just as much as i'm allowed to express. You can check my comments and read everything i've said, you won't get anything else from me because your presentation was pretty bad tbh. 2/10
Well just one think, there are killers who can deal with DS, why can't you?
I don't get why people think being a main is offensive, even though I'm neither. 2500+ hours in this game I've probably played both sides more than they ever will OMEGALUL
All right you survivor main plebs, get you dstrike out, CTRL on macro and ya flashlights equipped, we're goin' huntin'
Optimal game design requires the player to tab out for 4 minutes to enjoy themselves.
Bit off topic but what is OMEGALUL?
It's an emote off twitch, or more precisely it's an emote for an extension of twitch BTTV
I don't run Ruin all the time let alone at all and a lot of killers at red ranks don't either because they realize it's a crutch that quite often gets cleansed and they don't want to rely on it.
Most games I'm lucky at red ranks to see more than 1 DS and the only times I get it quite often is Purple ranks.
I like others on here don't have an issue with a 1 time usage perk that turns into a wasted perk slot once used and if you're letting it screw things up that's on you.
There's nothing wrong with expressing your displeasure but endless rants instead of constructive criticism are 2 different things. Do you have any good ideas that're fair to both sides or is this just more of the perk is stupid remove it.