Okay that's it, I'm learning how to play Nurse

No matter how hard I try to apply pressure and be a gen defender, the gens just pop one after another. Survivors are really strong right now and even with a 20 game lose streak I still haven't dropped low enough to actually win any games.


Probably going to suck just as bad at Nurse for the first 20 or so games but I can't wait to be able to actually win games XD

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478823#Comment_3478823

    So if I stand still as killer for 100 games resulting in 100 losses it's a balance issue by your logic.

    No, just no. Both sided should earn their wins. If you are bad you should lose every single game until MMR puts you against players that are at your skill level resulting in even matches.

    Yeah, I agree with you that both sides should earn their wins. I also think the game could be better balanced though. You can tell which side is stronger at any point by which side gets the bloodpoint bonus at night and the killers always have the bonus XD

  • @CatnipLove said:

    Nurse's skill floor is overstated. It takes a while to get used to her blink ranges but it's not that bad. I played Nurse after hearing about how you needed 100 hours before you could even compete against mediocre survivors, but after a few hours I had a feel for her blink ranges and the second blink helped cover for mistakes I made with my initial blink. Once you get her blink ranges down you can go on to ignore the hardest part of the game which is looping.

    As awful as she is to play against, I can see why people use her. She is a lot of fun. Blinking around the map feels great. Much more than getting in range and doing an M1.

    Although picking Nurse won't fix a 20 losing streak. That requires hard liqueur.

    Yeah, she really does take a lot to get used to. I actually used to play her and got to the point where I was able to 4k every game. Then I decided to take a break for a year and now I suck at all killers again lol

  • @I_CAME said:

    In my 3400 hours I have never even come close to losing 20 games in a row. I think the highest I got was 6-7 when I was brand new and trying to play Pyramid Head. I don't know how people can lack the self awareness to realize that they just aren't very good. If you're losing 20 games in a row on normal killers then you're going to get destroyed as nurse.

    Well I know I suck, guess that is a step in the right direction XD. Truth is I started up again after a year long break and that is how I got the losing streak. Just really wish there was a better way to practice each killer without getting tbagged at the gate every time XD

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/383064/okay-thats-it-im-learning-how-to-play-nurse

    Nurse isnt the solution BTW, since you will find out after learning her that many survivors using subtle and not so subtle cheats so you will be griefed a lot.

    Example: you slug the survivors about to hook one and you can't game throws you out, or a survivor teabags you before getting down suddenly you see server thrown you out, or every gen is done instantly at the start of the game, or someone recover alone without unbreakable etc etc.

    Yikes, didn't know those existed o.o

    Glad I learned Nemisis instead XD

  • @Tsulan said:

    If you think your streak of bad luck ends after 20 matches with Nurse, then you gonna have a bad time.

    True, gave up after 1 and learned Nemisis instead lol

  • Instead of focusing on winning try to learn your killers better. Switch up your perks, your playstyle, and learn what works best for you and your games.

    Maybe focus on certain aspects of the game first, try to get better at those, then work on getting 3-4Ks.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    Instead of focusing on winning try to learn your killers better. Switch up your perks, your playstyle, and learn what works best for you and your games.

    Maybe focus on certain aspects of the game first, try to get better at those, then work on getting 3-4Ks.

    Thanks for the great advice!

  • Got to admit watching probably noobs playing killer and camping yet winning.

    Barely any effort but they get the win some of the time.

    Pretty lame when you play in a more fun way yet it's to your disadvantage.

  • If you want to be a gen defender play skull merchant lol.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    Got to admit watching probably noobs playing killer and camping yet winning.

    Barely any effort but they get the win some of the time.

    Pretty lame when you play in a more fun way yet it's to your disadvantage.

    Ikr, wish there was some way to reward the non camping killer for playing fair

  • @CarbonaraCharlie said:

    No matter how hard I try to apply pressure and be a gen defender, the gens just pop one after another. Survivors are really strong right now and even with a 20 game lose streak I still haven't dropped low enough to actually win any games.

    Probably going to suck just as bad at Nurse for the first 20 or so games but I can't wait to be able to actually win games XD

    Maybe you are using M1 killers? that explains a lot.

  • @GannTM said:

    If this mindset drives people to play Nurse, then that killer really should be removed.

    Or maybe the game be balanced in a way that other killers are good too?

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478724#Comment_3478724

    Or maybe the game be balanced in a way that other killers are good too?

    Every killer is good against most teams. Just because you get those occasional SWFs doesn’t mean that 90% of killers are unplayable.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3489821#Comment_3489821

    Every killer is good against most teams. Just because you get those occasional SWFs doesn’t mean that 90% of killers are unplayable.

    Why give so much info on hud to survs when SWFs have coms? to balance solo ok. Killer is already solo, some like sadako, plague, wesker, dont even have info of they powers, because this would be too much OP.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3489823#Comment_3489823

    Why give so much info on hud to survs when SWFs have coms? to balance solo ok. Killer is already solo, some like sadako, plague, wesker, dont even have info of they powers, because this would be too much OP.

    The HUD was literally just QoL for solo survivor. It does not help SWFs at all which is what killers have a problem with.

    Killers have plenty of info. Plague and Wesker don’t need to have that much to be viable. You might be right about Sadako though.

  • Good luck. Expect to lose a lot at first.

    I suggest you spend your first games just learning the blinks. Thankfully you can now play killer with bots which makes it so much easier to learn outside of the normal games.

    When you've got the blinks, you'll need to learn all the maps and how to reach every nook and cranny from anywhere.

    Once you are satisfied with that, you can start chasing bots then real people.

    Expect to spend a couple of weeks over this. (Depending on your daily game time)

    ...

    And then, you'll see why Nurse has one of the lowest kill rates, statistics-wise. (She mostly wins against survivors who have no clue how to verse her. The others will surprise you with their crafty technique.)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    You're better off learning Blight tbh he's somehow avoided nerfs left right and centre while even Sadako has been catching strays

    That's good advice. Blight is easier than Nurse and at least as powerful in the good hands.

    Compared to her, he is weaker on multi-floors but stronger on bigger maps (IMHO).

  • You made me chuckle.

    Not fun huh?

    Nemesus can be fun. Mainly due to the Zombies and how they can turn into MVP for both sides.

  • @drsoontm said:

    Good luck. Expect to lose a lot at first.

    I suggest you spend your first games just learning the blinks. Thankfully you can now play killer with bots which makes it so much easier to learn outside of the normal games.

    When you've got the blinks, you'll need to learn all the maps and how to reach every nook and cranny from anywhere.

    Once you are satisfied with that, you can start chasing bots then real people.

    Expect to spend a couple of weeks over this. (Depending on your daily game time)

    ...

    And then, you'll see why Nurse has one of the lowest kill rates, statistics-wise. (She mostly wins against survivors who have no clue how to verse her. The others will surprise you with their crafty technique.)

    "couple of weeks"...lel.

  • @M1_gamer said:

    If you want to be a gen defender play skull merchant lol.

    Skull Who? Error 404. Mentioned killer does not exist.

  • Plaid Flannel will show you where you are blinking to: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Plaid_Flannel

    The pine cone will make fatigue easier to deal with: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Catatonic_Boy%27s_Treasure

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478509#Comment_3478509

    That's not a foregone conclusion since it's entirely possible that a perk carried them up to a higher MMR than they should have been and now it takes time to adjust. That happens in DbD. A similar situation could be seen in 6.1 when DH got its first nerf and it was a bloodbath for a few weeks. The survivors who had to adjust weren't bad players; they just needed to readjust their MMR and relearn their tactics.

    We don't know their MMR or anyone's for that matter. We don't know their playstyle or which Killer they use. We do know that gen defense perks have been nerfed heavily. Since we don't know so much and the only thing we do know is that gens are going much faster jumping to a 'get good' comment isn't helpful in the slightest.

    Are you trying to say this guy was getting carried by old cob and eruption? Plain and simple if you lose 20 games in a row you are not good at the game. In all my years of playing this game I have come nowhere close to losing 20 games in a row. I am not some pro killer or anything, its just that losing that many games basically means your a baby killer who is still getting spun.

  • Nurse aint gonna change that bud. Could you maybe record one of those matches? I learned that it helps getting better at Killer (and surv tbh) to watch yourself afterwards.

    U should also ask urself a few questions during the game. Is this surv worth chasing? Is this gen worth pressuring? Who is the weakest link? Shouldn’t I have killed a surv by now?

    things like that help during ur matches

  • Been maining nurse since release>>>....although I'm leaning towards Wesker now

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478535#Comment_3478535

    Are you trying to say this guy was getting carried by old cob and eruption? Plain and simple if you lose 20 games in a row you are not good at the game. In all my years of playing this game I have come nowhere close to losing 20 games in a row. I am not some pro killer or anything, its just that losing that many games basically means your a baby killer who is still getting spun.

    Yeah, sucked about a month ago and now I have about an 80% win rate with Nemisis lol. I think MMR just got the best of me because I used to be a sweat about a year ago then I took a break and came back facing really strong survivors XD

  • @DY86 said:

    Nurse aint gonna change that bud. Could you maybe record one of those matches? I learned that it helps getting better at Killer (and surv tbh) to watch yourself afterwards.

    U should also ask urself a few questions during the game. Is this surv worth chasing? Is this gen worth pressuring? Who is the weakest link? Shouldn’t I have killed a surv by now?

    things like that help during ur matches

    Thanks for the good advice! I have gotten a lot better already and I plan to keep improving as much as I can!

  • I was playing quite a lot on killers I was less comfortable on as well. My MMR was also really high from when I was last playing about a year ago

  • If you lack game sense playing nurse or any stronger killer won't help you, you'll just noob stomp a bit more easily

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3478492#Comment_3478492

    Or, alternatively, gens can pop pretty fast since the gen defense perks got nuked and unless you're playing an A-tier or S-tier Killer it's hard to keep up. It is possible but rather than just disparaging somebody you can acknowledge there are issues.

    It's sort of like with solo queue; I can still escape close to half the time but that doesn't mean there aren't issues in solo queue for BHVR to address.

    This is the answer. Some killers are just so bad that, unless you play really dirty, you'll struggle consistently.

    For example, I'd like to play Trapper without having to put 17 traps around a basement hook... and then I go to Garden of Pain and rethink my life decisions.

1 2 ›