Option to Hide Prestige

Here's what I have experienced so far for having a P100 character in Dead by Daylight:

📌 in-game harassment and judgment for investing in a character I like

📌 people assuming I'm suppose to be invincible

📌 getting called sweaty or a no-life

📌 killers lobby-dodging when they see me as if I'm an e-sports legend

📌 made fun of at game-chat because somehow being P100 should've guaranteed my win

Here's what I haven't experienced so far for having a P100 character in Dead by Daylight:

📌 people thinking I just like that character's design or lore a lot and know how to farm bloodpoints


I know others have also made discussions regarding this and it seems like an easy option to implement. We already have an option regarding delayed match-making to prevent in-game harassment and ranks were made invisible years ago to combat the same issue. None of these reflect the skill of the player. What's the difference now?

screenshot.JPG


Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @DavidHypnos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3465428#Comment_3465428

    What kind of entitled nonsense is this? Camping in and of itself is an issue when it comes to fair play, but if someone is face camping they came or one reason: to make other players miserable. How is that different from survivors that come just to bully? Let me answer for you: it’s not, really. And here’s a newsflash: the game isn’t designed for survivors to be able to escape every chase. Chases tend to favor killers more hence why it’s a 3-hook out - if everyone died after losing the first chase there’d be a major problem.

    It's called game balance lol

  • Killers being able to dodge a lobby because they might go up against a bully team while survivors can’t is game balance? I don’t think so.

  • Still hoping we get this simple feature soon...

  • I'm so happy this is becoming true! This topic has gathered so much support and seeing it come to live and being tested is exciting!

  • @Coordi said:

    This question was recently asked in our AMA, and was passed on!

    Harassment in game is a topic we are always looking for more ways to tackle, and this has been one of the ideas we've been discussing for some time. I'm going to use this question as an opportunity to re-ignite the topic and opened a new Jira request for it today. -Justin Brown, Product Director

    Reddit AMA - June 7, 2023 - BHVR

    killers shouldnt see survivors prestiges tbh

  • We hear you! The feedback is always appreciated.

  • and i dont really think survivors seeing other survivors prestiges is that big of a deal. so please dont change that lol

  • edit: post got hidden so i rewrote and ended up double posting it, see my other one two posts down.

  • @Zaydin said:

    No. If you didn't want to get lobby dodged you shouldn't have played so obsessively. Killers have a right to know that they are up against survivor mains who haven't touched grass in months.

    Cool. As if the in-game harassment wasn't enough now I'm getting bullied on the forum over my prestige. Getting called obsessive and that I should touch grass. I hope everybody sees this comment cause this is only the friction of what people have to deal with over their prestige level.

  • @Zaydin said:

    No. If you didn't want to get lobby dodged you shouldn't have played so obsessively. Killers have a right to know that they are up against survivor mains who haven't touched grass in months.

    The prestige rework was over a year ago. It's more than feasible that people who play this game a fair amount (read: not obsessively) have a p100 if they only play one character.

    Additionally, survivors don't get to see the Killer's prestige. It's only fair that the killer doesn't get to see the survivors' prestiges, especially given it can enable not only lobby shopping, but tunneling and a whole host of other forms of toxicity.

    As a bare minimum, players should be able to disable prestige visibility in the pre-game lobby, as Steam users can with their hour count. I'm glad to see the test run from the devs and hope the feedback on the change is positive, even as someone who doesn't have a P100 character.

  • This post didn't age well, prestige levels are still visible in the lobby LOL

  • @Foempticol said:

    This post didn't age well, prestige levels are still visible in the lobby LOL

    We'll get there. Them even testing hidden prestiges for a while was a big move imo. Good times... most Killers would just ready up immediately and I could play any character I want without judgment.

  • Let's up this topic

  • First, give me something in the options menu like "you will not be paired with survs/killers with more prestige than you most leveled up survivor/killer". I should be able to activate or deactivate that.

    Then yeah, you can hide the prestige.

  • @albertoplus said:

    First, give me something in the options menu like "you will not be paired with survs/killers with more prestige than you most leveled up survivor/killer". I should be able to activate or deactivate that.

    Then yeah, you can hide the prestige.

    you're scared of prestige numbers and still think they mean something nearing 2024? haha.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3600735#Comment_3600735

    you're scared of prestige numbers and still think they mean something nearing 2024? haha.

    I mean, the "prestige numbers dont mean anything!!!" thing has been debunked already. On both the things I see in my own games and people that have posted actual stats.

    As you said, its almost 2024. It's about time to stop with this "P100 doesnt mean skill" non-sense.

    Also, why are people actually against those things like the option i did say? Everytime someone says that the prestige option should not be hidden or to be able to not play against those P100, everyone jumps onto him. If everyone knows that P100 doesnt mean anything, what harm is having it being shown in lobby or just to be able to avoid playing against them? No one would avoid those P100 right?

    Ah, but people want it hidden because people actually try to avoid them. Dunno why.

  • I'd be more in favour of just hiding prestige until end game. I'd also not provide a link to player profiles until end game either.

    So many more problems get solved by doing so than it causes. My months playing without seeing prestige showed me you literally lose nothing other than e-peening in lobbies, and you remove queue dodgers and backfill issues.

    Absolute win. 10/10. Plz BHVR implement again.

  • @albertoplus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3600878#Comment_3600878

    I mean, the "prestige numbers dont mean anything!!!" thing has been debunked already. On both the things I see in my own games and people that have posted actual stats.

    As you said, its almost 2024. It's about time to stop with this "P100 doesnt mean skill" non-sense.

    Also, why are people actually against those things like the option i did say? Everytime someone says that the prestige option should not be hidden or to be able to not play against those P100, everyone jumps onto him. If everyone knows that P100 doesnt mean anything, what harm is having it being shown in lobby or just to be able to avoid playing against them? No one would avoid those P100 right?

    Ah, but people want it hidden because people actually try to avoid them. Dunno why.

    🚨^^^^LOBBY DODGER SPOTTED^^^^🚨

    @UndeddJester said:

    I'd be more in favour of just hiding prestige until end game. I'd also not provide a link to player profiles until end game either.

    So many more problems get solved by doing so than it causes. My months playing without seeing prestige showed me you literally lose nothing other than e-peening in lobbies, and you remove queue dodgers and backfill issues.

    Absolute win. 10/10. Plz BHVR implement again.

    Yeah I agree. Well said, period.

  • I suppose this is the moment when i answer 🚨^^^^P100 TOXIC ABUSER SPOTTED^^^^🚨 also trying to be cool or something?

    Yes, i do sometimes lobby dodge when i see a P100. I assume you are saying that because i'm using some kind of cheat or-oh wait, the game itself gives you the option to dodge for a reason. Does using what the game gives to me a LoBbY DoDgEr? Is that some kind of title?

    Honestly, i kinda understand some people's points tho. If i had my easy games playing against people with far less skill than me, honestly i would also want to keep being able to do that. No jokes.

  • agreed, i think showing the killers survivors prestige before the game starts is a horrible idea, i get tunneled & BM'd daily on my p100 main and i wish i didnt have to play low prestige characters...

  • @albertoplus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601112#Comment_3601112

    I suppose this is the moment when i answer 🚨^^^^P100 TOXIC ABUSER SPOTTED^^^^🚨 also trying to be cool or something?

    Yes, i do sometimes lobby dodge when i see a P100. I assume you are saying that because i'm using some kind of cheat or-oh wait, the game itself gives you the option to dodge for a reason. Does using what the game gives to me a LoBbY DoDgEr? Is that some kind of title?

    Honestly, i kinda understand some people's points tho. If i had my easy games playing against people with far less skill than me, honestly i would also want to keep being able to do that. No jokes.

    What does even "P100 toxic abuser" mean? Make it make sense. I made a joke and you admitted it's true so keep dodging them lobbies maybe you'll get better at the game doing so! Anways I'll be disengaging since I don't want to muddy this discussion.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601240#Comment_3601240

    What does even "P100 toxic abuser" mean? Make it make sense. I made a joke and you admitted it's true so keep dodging them lobbies maybe you'll get better at the game doing so! Anways I'll be disengaging since I don't want to muddy this discussion.

    With all my due respect, if you did read the post completely, you would have understand what i did mean.

    But, sure, lets finish this discussion as it is getting nowhere. Let's just agree to disagree.

  • This must be an extremely low priority or BHVR just doesn't care anymore. I mean, it would be nice if we could play our favorite survivor again. Currently, we have to play on a low prestige survivor that we might not even like just to avoid getting lobby dodged or harassed.

1 2 ›