"If Camping/Tunneling Gets Nerfed, Then Killers Will Get Buffed"
Good.
Do you think this is the debate club or something? I think most people are perfectly fine with Killers getting buffed if they removed frustrating elements from the game. I also think most people are fine with it if high tier Killers are kept in check in the process, since people would prefer better Killer powers over just an overall buff to Killers (e.g. giving Sadako a better power instead of providing general buffs).
My point is, we all know that Killers are probably going to be buffed if tunneling or camping is nerfed or removed, since the stats will drop as a result and BHVR levels the playing field, it's only natural. And I think most people have issues with other elements and could care less if a Killer goes from C-Tier to A-Tier as long as the Killers in A-Tier and S-Tier are kept in check.
Comments
Funny thing is that solo queue MMR inflates most killer's kill rates to such an extent that I truly believe nothing will happen to the statistics.
I don't think so. Because chases can last long? Killers have to learn to leave them.
The issue is with gen progression / regression at the moment.
But I look forward to see the results of the camp update.
I'm glad they are attempting to reduce camping but IMO this won't be good enough against camping or to lower kill rates enough to matter. Not to mention they are still not addressing spreading hooks. They need to make spreading hooks viable instead of a handicap before camping can truly be lowered enough to matter. I will get a headache trying to come up with a way to stop tunneling so I will leave that to others.
But if the Killer leaves the chase that Survivor will hop on a Gen...
Then the Killer has no pressure until they find the next Survivor
Yea the issues are stemming from Maps and Gen progression and regression
I don't see how Killers can be buffed without it going to far
I think it's best to wait and see... but BHVR has had knee-jerk reactions to a lot of things
I thought that was a given and a good thing. Nuke camping and tunneling from orbit and then buff Killers. It'll make for a far healthier game.
It is a good thing, it makes the game more interesting for Killers and Survivors, it adds more depth to gameplay, and pushes the game to be focused around chases for both sides.
I think most people would prefer it. There are going to be people who disagree, but they are a small group, and a small group for a reason.
The problem is some players want to use this as an excuse to nerf certain killers.
If a game change nerfs all killers, then compensation buffs should also affect all killers. Otherwise, people will have an ulterior motive, where they are just using this situation to nerf certain killers.
I just got out of a match with a facecamping bubba with noed. Yeah i want this update to come already
But... what if the facecampers decide to counter the change by playing normally, so they git gud in the process, and kill-rates in general start to raise? They'll nerf killers! The End is Nigh!
Just like how Solo queue was to be buffed closer to swf and Killers could be buffed accordingly right?
lol
Yeah about that... i don´t think so. It hasn´t been like this in the past and i doubt that killers will see any buffs from that in the future.
What's truly debatable is whether their "countermeasure" actually works or not, lul
The problem is, broad generalization of game concepts. i.e. Nerf camping/tunneling, buff solo etc.
Lets unpack the "Nerf camping/tunneling" statement, Defending a hook AKA camping and chasing the same survivor off hook AKA tunneling are player choices. There are mechanics and perks to aid you if you are targeted by either choice making it less efficient but you have to use them properly and even then you can't remove the player choice, only hinder it.
To remove the player choice would involve a mechanic that gives complete immunity to camping/tunneling, which would basically limit player choice and be mechanically broken as there are a bunch of legit scenarios where this choice is a vital one to gameplay.
Lets unpack the buff "solo to the level of SWF" statement, Why are SWF groups stronger than solo players?
SWF - Coordinated players, probably matched in skill but not always, who are communicating directly via external communications. None of that has anything to do with game mechanics.
About the only thing you could add in game to buff solo closer to swf would be built in comms, but even then I probably wouldn't use them as its often unpleasant having to listen to the drooling masses you meet randomly online, BHVR want to create a "safe" gaming space, good luck doing that with random player voice chat, so buyer beware.
Objective suggestions about mechanics that could change up how impactful player choices are or allow for better coordination in the absence of friends directly communicating are always worth discussing, but most are either broken or amount to nothing more than "Buff/Nerf X" without any real substance.