Swf is literally unstoppable after this update

With gen regression removed, swfs can literally just crank gens with no punishment. It's honestly out of control. I just played a match with 4 bnps, in which the match lasted about 5 minutes.i couldn't get any pressure either.

Comments

  • Sheesh how many swf complaint topics are there, I swear its like listening to tru1talent and his constant qqs about swfs this swfs that, you cant stop people from playing with family or friends and maybe if they stop nerfing survivors good perks then maybe there would be less swfs, swfs are not the ones destroying the game, killers are with their whining of nerf this or that that gives any survivor a chance at surviving. This is like the only game I know exist that people cry so hard about swf. Its so sad I cant think of any other game where people complain about swfs like this.

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    Sheesh how many swf complaint topics are there, I swear its like listening to tru1talent and his constant qqs about swfs this swfs that, you cant stop people from playing with family or friends and maybe if they stop nerfing survivors good perks then maybe there would be less swfs, swfs are not the ones destroying the game, killers are with their whining of nerf this or that that gives any survivor a chance at surviving. This is like the only game I know exist that people cry so hard about swf. Its so sad I cant think of any other game where people complain about swfs like this.

    To be fair, this is one of the only big 1vmany games out there. Something like COD isn't as impactful or noticeable tbh

  • you ever thought about why the devs won't add a separate queue for casuals and another for tryhards? i think because nobody wants to play with the tryhards, not even the tryhards themselves. the game's fundamentals are simply that bad. a dbd player has to accept the fact sooner or later that the game is very bland when it is played optimally.

  • @Ayodam said:

    If SWF are unstoppable, what are their exact opposite—solo queue? I never see killers complain about how easy it is to deal with solo queue. Where are the “I’m dominating solo queue survivors & that isn’t ok” posts? Lol. Because most survivors are solo queue and only 5% of teams are 4-man SWF.

    Because there isn't really anything you can do to stop solo que randoms from making stupid decisions. Also just because solo que is weak doesn't mean swf shouldn't get changes

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    Sheesh how many swf complaint topics are there, I swear its like listening to tru1talent and his constant qqs about swfs this swfs that, you cant stop people from playing with family or friends and maybe if they stop nerfing survivors good perks then maybe there would be less swfs, swfs are not the ones destroying the game, killers are with their whining of nerf this or that that gives any survivor a chance at surviving. This is like the only game I know exist that people cry so hard about swf. Its so sad I cant think of any other game where people complain about swfs like this.

    Because being able to tell your teammates where the killer is and give callouts takes away a ton of the killers strength. It would be less of an issue if survivors didn't have strong perks as is

  • I won’t say SWF are unstoppable, but having one person running alert/fogwise and constantly calling out the Killer’s location on comms does give an amplified advantage to them. The difference between having and not having Fearmonger against such a team is huge

  • Thou shall camp and thou shall tunnel ... and thou shall slay 'em all. - The knight

  • I think overall with the new patch, with cob and overcharge not really useable anymore if you used that (i did) and pain res overall nerfed, beating stronger teams(probaly swfs) will be harder then before but beating solos will be pretty much same difficulty, not too good of a thing making the stronger swf teams harder to beat.

  • My "Perkless Pig" build begs to differ. I play Pig with Blood Warden, Remember Me, No Way Out, and Terminus and a good 75% of games STILL end before the last generator is completed. Meaning I never got value from any of my perks. Therefore I had no perks.


    But please, tell me again how SWF without Gen Regression is LITERALLY UNSTOPPABLE.

  • sounds like youre getting the 0.1% survivors every game


    also eruption, pgtw, pain res (yes theyre all still decent), jolt, deadlock, corrupt.. id say there are plenty of slowdown perks left

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    sounds like youre getting the 0.1% survivors every game

    also eruption, pgtw, pain res (yes theyre all still decent), jolt, deadlock, corrupt.. id say there are plenty of slowdown perks left

    Pop and pain res are trash

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    My "Perkless Pig" build begs to differ. I play Pig with Blood Warden, Remember Me, No Way Out, and Terminus and a good 75% of games STILL end before the last generator is completed. Meaning I never got value from any of my perks. Therefore I had no perks.

    But please, tell me again how SWF without Gen Regression is LITERALLY UNSTOPPABLE.

    Because without good gen regression you can't pressure gens as well

  • They need to buff some of the overnerfed gen regression perks. Make pain res have a way to get tokens, bring RUin, OC, and CoB to 150%, revert Pop goes the weasel to it's OG form. or just nerf gen speeds more.

  • @1ettuce said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/374517/swf-is-literally-unstoppable-after-this-update

    u still got corrupt, deadlock, no way out, jolt, and quite honestly even pain res still

    OH yes, but i'm already seeing complaints about those.. and deadlock

  • I've been playing without gen regression perks for so long now that I don't even really notice. I guess if you relied heavily on stacking gen perks then you're definitely going to feel it going against teams that are gen rushing.

    The healing nerf is quite impactful though. I run quite a lot of tracking builds and the amount of times I see an aura healing from the other side of the map and head over that direction only to find the player is basically still injured by the time I get there.

    Definitely a lot more stacking toolboxes in the lobbies though.

  • @Ayodam said:

    If SWF are unstoppable, what are their exact opposite—solo queue? I never see killers complain about how easy it is to deal with solo queue. Where are the “I’m dominating solo queue survivors & that isn’t ok” posts? Lol. Because most survivors are solo queue and only 5% of teams are 4-man SWF.

    This is pretty much a problem. You have killers getting used to getting 4k's and then expect it all the time. Killer mains have a great time dunking on Solo Queue but when the game matches them with people that can give them a real challenge, the killer gets upset and comes to the forums because their easy games are over. Been like that for a long time.

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3419982#Comment_3419982

    OH yes, but i'm already seeing complaints about those.. and deadlock

    And I'm already seeing complaints about sb and lithe (from me :3)

  • they are because youre comparing them to their previous versions. but as slowdowns, they still do their job

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3424607#Comment_3424607

    they are because youre comparing them to their previous versions. but as slowdowns, they still do their job

    this is inferring that the old versions were overpowered, which they were not

  • @Wowie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3424319#Comment_3424319

    I feel like this speaks more about your skill level than you realize

    Maybe the opposite direction of where you think you're at.

    Just an idea though.

    Yes, but it also means that a SWF is not "Literally unstoppable." Even if I was the only player in the entirety of the game (and I am not) able to go against a SWF and get a 4K, they wouldn't be "Literally unstoppable"

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3424621#Comment_3424621

    Yes, but it also means that a SWF is not "Literally unstoppable." Even if I was the only player in the entirety of the game (and I am not) able to go against a SWF and get a 4K, they wouldn't be "Literally unstoppable"

    Wow the thread wasn't only 2 weeks dead, but the person you quoted has already been banned. 👏

  • From what you've said it's not SWF which is the problem, but the issue lies with the perks and the recent changes.

    It's probably better voicing your concerns in the Feedback section and giving your experience of those changes.

    SWF won't be going anywhere. However perk changes can happen more often. If enough players feel the nerfs are too much and vocalize their worries, changes may come about.

  • @duygu said:

    you ever thought about why the devs won't add a separate queue for casuals and another for tryhards? i think because nobody wants to play with the tryhards, not even the tryhards themselves. the game's fundamentals are simply that bad. a dbd player has to accept the fact sooner or later that the game is very bland when it is played optimally.

    I agree, It's a core design problem that can never be fixed this is why the game feels boring to a lot of people, it cracks me up reading comments from earlier in the thread of people claiming BHVR coddles survivors, where were they hiding the last 5 years of improvements for killers? Also anyone who is on these forums more than likely plays both roles you don't get this invested in the game and not play the other side so this "us vs them" they're spinning is invalid and makes no sense when you look at where survivors were 5 years ago to now.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    My "Perkless Pig" build begs to differ. I play Pig with Blood Warden, Remember Me, No Way Out, and Terminus and a good 75% of games STILL end before the last generator is completed. Meaning I never got value from any of my perks. Therefore I had no perks.

    But please, tell me again how SWF without Gen Regression is LITERALLY UNSTOPPABLE.

    Get em Piggy Piggy!

  • @MerleDixon said:

    With gen regression removed, swfs can literally just crank gens with no punishment. It's honestly out of control. I just played a match with 4 bnps, in which the match lasted about 5 minutes.i couldn't get any pressure either.

    It's sad, they remove a 5 second stun perk and a perk that extended chase for free and gave the ineptitudes base kits perks, free unneeded info, and many other great changes to their role as well. They still to this day can never utilize any of these buffs.

  • @MerleDixon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3422146#Comment_3422146

    Because being able to tell your teammates where the killer is and give callouts takes away a ton of the killers strength. It would be less of an issue if survivors didn't have strong perks as is

    Just cuz survivors have Perks doesn't mean they always get value out of them, have you tried using CoH against a M2 plague?

    Or Distortion against a killer who has no Aura perks or add-ons? Or Deliverance but you get hooked first.

1 2 ›