What's your favorite horror film and why?
What is your favorite horror movie? If you don't have one, then what's ONE of your favorite scary films?
What is your favorite horror movie? If you don't have one, then what's ONE of your favorite scary films?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Literally all of the movies you listed, I love to death
Personally, I like the original better. Not that I hate the remake
It's a tie between SAW and the original Halloween for me. Good story, good acting (for the most part), exceptionally filmed, and overall just good movies.
EDIT: I don't know how it slipped my mind, but Alien is the best horror film, in my opinion.
The thing. do i have to explain.
Umm I dunno its hard to choose.
Alien probably is my fave. Alien 2 I enjoy slightly more but that's more of an action. Also watch the Director's cuts, they make them even better than their solid Theatrical releases. Especially Alien 2.
Why? Because Alien has amazing atmosphere, great acting and a stellar set design. There is nothing I can really think about it that I dislike.
Also the following are great:
Black Christmas is amazing (the original, not the remake).
REC. This is a great found footage film. Much better than the american remake.
Silence of the Lambs.
Misery.
Carrie.
Suspiria. The orignal. I need to rewatch the remake to 100% understand my feels on it.
Friday the 13th part 1 or 2... or 6.
Nightmare on Elm Street part 2. So gay. I love it.
Krampus.
The Shining.
The Thing.
It Follows.
Cabin in the Woods was good too.
Hereditary.
Scream is great, horror and comedy.
Sorority Row is cheesy as hell but its hilarious.
The Descent is great.
Night of the Living Dead.
Dawn of the Dead. Both the original and remake.
The Witch.
Rosemary's Baby.
The Wicker Man. Both. For different reasons.
Get Out.
Ginger Snaps.
Ju-On: The Grudge.
Audition.
The Evil Dead. Hilarious.
The Hills have Eyes. Both.
I found the Stangers to be terrible and cheap. I haven't seen the second one yet but from what I've seen I assume its worse. IT remake was fine... It had some good things but the jump scares were dumb and obscenely loud for no reason.
Lol-button_meme.jpg
[rec](the original). The best authentic, disturbing found footage movie ever.
A tale of two sisters (korean original). Subtle, chillig, incredibly clever produced horror with great performances.
Alien. It's just so good.
I'm extremely into subtle horror.. I also liked the first saw movie a lot, but more as a psycho thriller.
Necronomicon: Book of the dead
Woah! This reminds me that I haven’t watched a horror movie in a very long time. I was busy watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids. It is the best time of the day. I like to accompany my kids a lot. I am also looking for nice and exciting movies online.
Orphan and Ju-On!
There's one horror movie on YouTube called "Night of the Demons" It's a late 80s film that I thought was neat. If you enjoy fun horror movies with slight cheesiness, then I recommend you look this film up
alien, scream, the thing
The Thing. my favorite series is Friday the 13 (my favorite is part 2 but part 4 is the best). honorable mention is (the original) Halloween. im a slasher movie guy but i like horror films too. also if it counts then gremlins is another honorable mention.
Can say i did like The Shining....i am a huge horror fan, Insidious i did like.....there is many films i love for different reasons, i like the classics, re makes i am not much of a fan...like re make of IT he sounded like scooby doo! and i am not a fan of re boots....
i felt like linking the vid. its good. watch it. its a good channel. aliens is ######### amazing.
I love alot of horror movie but favorite in order
original Halloween 1 and 2
original Nightmare on Elm Street the first one 3rd are my favorite
One Missed Call japanese ver theme is the best
Carrie love this movie didn't mind the remake either original one was the best made for tv one sucked
Scream 1 2 and 3 love this need to be in this game not only a horror movie it a mystery
I got alot more these are my tops.
I prefer old horror movies, my no. 1 is Halloween, then Nightmare from Elm Street, Friday 13, Night of the Living Dead, Hellraiser, Omen. But they aren't scary for me, it's like a piece of art.
If I would have to choose something scary, it would be Martyrs, that movie made me feel really uneasy.
Get Out was also really great.
120 days of Sodom was some disturbed movie aswell.
28 days later was a nice zombie movie and whatever done by Alex Garland, so also his version of Annihilation, that was so wonderful but deadly.
I could talk more and more since I mainly watch just horrors, so I will pick the last one.. Creep & Creep 2.
Yes, Missed call was my favourite, I used to use that ringtone
.
yea it is the best us ver of the theme was no where near as good neither was the movie.
I was never into the us remakes of asian movies.
.
As well as Grudge, Ring and Infection.
In that times I couldn't find mp3 with the ringtone, so I recorded it from the movie so I had it even with the screaming which was even better
play this alot on youtube creepier with lyrics
This is great. Thanks.
Also, as a side, why tf did I call it "Alien 2" in my original post. Its "Aliens" me. Jesus Christ.
The Green room, Alien and The Thing (1982) are my favourites
Oh its too difficult but if I'm just going with 3…
Night House - deals with depression, mental illness & death of loved ones. A lot of people don't know about this one, it is VERY underrated. Supernatural. Big recommend.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - Amazing brutal depiction of Leatherface & the family. (2006) is right up there as well, both really well done movies.
Hereditary - one of the better movies to do supernatural horrors.
Night House was way better than I expected
The gate. One of those rare movies noones barely heard of but was very memorable to me since i was a kid. I think the movie is on youtube now.
Other that my favorite franchise is alien / predator.
With honorable mentions to Screamers, starship troopers, Shaun of the dead, cabin in the woods