The Pig Pen Hangout

A place for our community of Pig PFPs and enthusiasts to meet and engage in discourse over all things pig-related and not pig-related.

Comments

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Pigs once the buffs go live:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ERDFJA9VDQML/tumblr-d4c27e30abb01bb0ca2cd3e2ce2d7666-b91b0dce-540.gif

    Thank you for listening and reverting the RBT changes, Devs.

    IMG_8472.jpeg

    Grateful that the Devs updated before having that patch go live. There will be more Pig updates I believe in the future. But until then, let’s have fun in the fog with ‘manda.

  • lol this Thalita player made my night *snork*🐷

    Another DC of the night due to startling the Survivor 😂 I must’ve scared him something fierce, he even recorded it 😆 That had me done for the night.

    IMG_8494.jpeg


    His POV 😂 Ngl I did look like I got a good scare in Thalita.

    https://youtu.be/4o6qMQWShwE?si=y3O6NI9JmxQXyUZX

    My POV lol

    https://youtu.be/LoXbJ0k6ZAQ?si=9bD0jVb6Eyge52O0

    My POV 😂

    After the player left, we all just goofed off; no Pig or Survivor was harmed during the match. @🐽@

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    lol this Thalita player made my night *snork*🐷

    Another DC of the night due to startling the Survivor 😂 I must’ve scared him something fierce, he even recorded it 😆 That had me done for the night.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PG61STC0FOM4/img-8485.jpeg

    His POV 😂 Ngl I did look like I got a good scare in Thalita.

    https://youtu.be/4o6qMQWShwE?si=y3O6NI9JmxQXyUZX

    My POV lol

    https://youtu.be/LoXbJ0k6ZAQ?si=9bD0jVb6Eyge52O0

    My POV 😂

    After the player left, we all just goofed off; no Pig or Survivor was harmed during the match. @🐽@

    Haha, that was epic. That was a terrifying spot to be in for you to pop up all like "Surprise Mothaflubba*

  • Curious what everyone has in mind for their builds after the update? I personally just enjoy playing aura and other fun add-onless builds (I don’t really like using add-ons in my builds unless I feel I need to against a SWF otherwise I’m a hoarder).

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    Curious what everyone has in mind for their builds after the update? I personally just enjoy playing aura and other fun add-onless builds (I don’t really like using add-ons in my builds unless I feel I need to against a SWF otherwise I’m a hoarder).

    Good question.

    I'll probably still rock Bamboozle, BBQ/Discordance, Corrupt, and a Flex like coup/mindbreaker like as my main lineup. I like corrupt for early game over lethal on my pig, but that's just personal preference. My second build runs Pentimento and Plaything and two flex slots and runs entirely on creating side quests for survs during the trial. For example here's a hex build i'll run.

    Hex: Plaything

    Hex: Pentimento

    Flex: Corrupt or Hex: Devour Hope

    Flex: Hex: Face The Darkness (eh eh eh)

    For the add-ons, ofc Grease and JMF will be worth trying. I'll probably also use my favorite Rules # 2 and Video Tape.

  • I am honestly not sure. I think without the auras, my "Perkless Pig" is going to be much harder. I even tried it on the PTB and got rolfstomped in the beginning with everyone getting their traps off before I even managed to find a single survivor patrolling just generators. The only reason I managed to win in the end was because some of the survivors played dumb and one disconnected. Might try it swapping Crate of Gears for Rule Set No. 2.

    Otherwise, not sure. Maybe Discordance, Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine, Sloppy Butcher and Surveillance, maybe with Jigsaw's Sketch and Jigsaw's Annotated Plan?

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    I am honestly not sure. I think without the auras, my "Perkless Pig" is going to be much harder. I even tried it on the PTB and got rolfstomped in the beginning with everyone getting their traps off before I even managed to find a single survivor patrolling just generators. The only reason I managed to win in the end was because some of the survivors played dumb and one disconnected. Might try it swapping Crate of Gears for Rule Set No. 2.

    Otherwise, not sure. Maybe Discordance, Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine, Sloppy Butcher and Surveillance, maybe with Jigsaw's Sketch and Jigsaw's Annotated Plan?

    Hate to hear that about your perkless pig build. Here's to hoping it gets a v2.

  • A group of local pig mains waiting for the Ambush/Crouch buffs to go live.

    slavsquat-1-1024x427.jpg


  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    A group of local pig mains waiting for the Ambush/Crouch buffs to go live.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W157N1Q3ZZC2/slavsquat-1-1024x427.jpg

    They’re all listening in front of the Apostle Amanda as she passes on the knowledge and wisdom of John Kramer, their savior.

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3672635#Comment_3672635

    They’re all listening in front of the Apostle Amanda as she passes on the knowledge and wisdom of John Kramer, their savior.

    You know it!

  • Ngl, Pig feels sooooo good. 😩👌🏽🐷

  • Our assessment and everything that was said in the write-up was right on the money. Very grounded logic in how the RBT timer change was overkill. We saved Pig from the Slaughterhouse.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Our assessment and everything that was said in the write-up was right on the money. Very grounded logic in how the RBT timer change was overkill. We saved Pig from the Slaughterhouse.

    Yeah, I’ve gotten a couple of trap elims because the timer wasn’t extended, meaning that survivors have more pressure on what to prioritize: Gens or trap removal.

  • I've not had a chance to sink my teeth in yet, but played against a few Pigs. It's great to see her more popular. 😁

    Still evidently not too strong with ambush though. While it seems more potent, a lot of the same old moves work, but you definitely have to respect her more than before. If you pre throw a pallet too early and the Pig traps you there, it's a much harder mind game to win.

    Great to see 😁🤘

  • @UndeddJester said:

    I've not had a chance to sink my teeth in yet, but played against a few Pigs. It's great to see her more popular. 😁

    Still evidently not too strong with ambush though. While it seems more potent, a lot of the same old moves work, but you definitely have to respect her more than before. If you pre throw a pallet too early and the Pig traps you there, it's a much harder mind game to win.

    Great to see 😁🤘

    True, her appearances in matches has increased quite a bit. That leads to a mixture of play styles, which is a good thing, I love to see people trying her out. I've not played survivor but a handful of times since the update; I've been extensively and exclusively playing Amanda and so far she's been zoomin through matches. lol

    Since the update, John's Medical File + Workshop Grease has been a tremendous help for me to capitalize on the early stage of the match since the speed and shock of a sudden ambush throws the survivor's balance off quite nicely. I'm enjoying the update, but of course, she's not up to par with the top tier killers and she could use more of a push to even be considered A tier, but she's definitely not to be scoffed at and she's fun imo.

  • Was anyone other than me unable to resist having a basement party with all the Sables? I dunno why, but I started looking around the new map and just had an urge to go exploring instead of chasing... I just meandered round the map until they started following me.

    We shopped the food stand, had slushies, popcorn, watched the movie, even shared a beer at the table. Shpuld have gone to the arcade... that was a missed opportunity... but I gave out hats to everyone and we chilled under the cinema... they even gave me 8 hooks, though 1 let their head pop despite my best efforts to convince them otherwise.

    Sadly noone brought Weaving Spiders to make it a true goth sleepover... big disappoint.... so we basically pretended it was there...💧-🐽-

    It was weirdly the most wholesome goof around game I've ever had in DBD... but holy crap the boops! I've never been booped so many times in such a short space of time... it was enough to start getting a little self conscious...

    A little known about hazard of playing Pig... o🐽O


    It's this weird dichotomy where you get the impression some Pigs are absolutely hated... yet for some reason people love to goof off with Pig more than any other killer I've ever played xD

  • Yeah, I’ve been playing around with most of my games as ‘manda after I see that the match is pretty much won so we all just start goofing off. That or I’m instantly booped by a survivor not running away, then I just say screw it and just play along with everyone.

    The amount of Sables in the basement every other game is hilarious, I’ll BBQ or NtH and see their Aura down there and sneak over to join them. Lol sometimes they’ll instantly stop and start panicking, but I assure them I’m not there to hook them. I just do the invocation with them.


    I’ve gotten a few messages or shoutouts from ttvs I've faced and it's nice getting compliments and support as a Pig main. 🥹

  • I feel like my killer games either go

    A) We all getting BP and some of you may die depending on my mood

    or

    B) No one escapes death

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I feel like my killer games either go

    A) We all getting BP and some of you may die depending on my mood

    or

    B) No one escapes death

    Guys, ive been enjoying Elden Ring a bit too much the last couple of weeks. How is the event? Is it good?

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3679970#Comment_3679970

    Guys, ive been enjoying Elden Ring a bit too much the last couple of weeks. How is the event? Is it good?

    Having basekit Coup on killer after using a blood fountain is pretty gnarly... so that's fun.

    Survivors kinda got shafted though, only got hide bonuses... and it raises a question of why you would ever give the Killer a Coup lunge by activating your mountain in exchange for basekit Iron Will...

    Bloodpoints don't seem to be rolling in like they said... msybe when the bonuses cone in, but not sure the community is gonna hit the targets, cause it looks pretty slow going thus far.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3680110#Comment_3680110

    Having basekit Coup on killer after using a blood fountain is pretty gnarly... so that's fun.

    Survivors kinda got shafted though, only got hide bonuses... and it raises a question of why you would ever give the Killer a Coup lunge by activating your mountain in exchange for basekit Iron Will...

    Bloodpoints don't seem to be rolling in like they said... msybe when the bonuses cone in, but not sure the community is gonna hit the targets, cause it looks pretty slow going thus far.

    Thx for letting me know. I´ll wait for the bp to work then. I still have to grind the rift. I want that Clown and Billy outfit.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3680110#Comment_3680110

    Having basekit Coup on killer after using a blood fountain is pretty gnarly... so that's fun.

    Survivors kinda got shafted though, only got hide bonuses... and it raises a question of why you would ever give the Killer a Coup lunge by activating your mountain in exchange for basekit Iron Will...

    Bloodpoints don't seem to be rolling in like they said... msybe when the bonuses cone in, but not sure the community is gonna hit the targets, cause it looks pretty slow going thus far.

    Tier 3 Myers goes weee

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3679970#Comment_3679970

    Guys, ive been enjoying Elden Ring a bit too much the last couple of weeks. How is the event? Is it good?

    So far it's your typical DBD event. I'll agree with @UndeddJester here, it's better to play killer as they got a bit more going for them than survs do. BP gains are low, but you can still make a million in no time. Once that multiplier gets higher then that will be great.

  • The cosmetics are cool. I already got Elodie's outfit and FINALLY I'll have a new outfit for Oni.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    The cosmetics are cool. I already got Elodie's outfit and FINALLY I'll have a new outfit for Oni.

    That Elodie and Oni outfit go hard for me, but that's probably me biased as I main her and Sheva when I play Survivor. Elodie's outfit looks like a warlord pirate from the PotC movies.

    Edit:

    Was nice seeing a fellow Pig main personally compliment a Survivor for a good chase. That’s a first for me when vs ‘manda; it’s wholesome 🐷 🥹

    IMG_8646.jpeg


  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    The cosmetics are cool. I already got Elodie's outfit and FINALLY I'll have a new outfit for Oni.

    @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3680247#Comment_3680247

    That Elodie and Oni outfit go hard for me, but that's probably me biased as I main her and Sheva when I play Survivor. Elodie's outfit looks like a warlord pirate from the PotC movies.

    Nice!

    It looks really good!

  • This is my Elodie fit. Love the way the Blood Moon top looks with these fishnets and that hat.

    image.png


  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    This is my Elodie fit. Love the way the Blood Moon top looks with these fishnets and that hat.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QI00T6IXBHV1/image.png

    Strong Bloodborne vibes 🤘

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    This is my Elodie fit. Love the way the Blood Moon top looks with these fishnets and that hat.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QI00T6IXBHV1/image.png

    Lookin good, Hoss

  • Hi Dalies and Mentlegen of Swine!

    I'm coming up with new builds all tne time, and am having a blast not having to rely on on JMF and Combat straps to not get smoked at every pallet.

    Just for giggles I wanted to share my current builds I'm having fun with on Pig.

    1) Just for kicks

    18e6b55522755-screenshotUrl.jpg

    All about them kicks. The idea is to try and ensure we're finding people around gens with NTH and try and get our traps out fast. Tampered Timer and Ruleset No.2 to ensure survivors can't take their time and we're keeping as many survivors off gens as possible to allow Oppression to regress generators.

    2) I see your pallet...

    18e6b55645d38-screenshotUrl.jpg

    The goal here is to chew through pallets as much as possible. If we get good Ambush chances we take them, but if not Nemesis and Game Afoot combined with Brutal Strength allows us to break pallets and keep in hot pursuit, while Deadlock ensures we can stagger our traps well.

    3) I see you!

    18e6b5590c362-screenshotUrl.jpg

    This builds attempts to get a commanding lead early using our traps as a tracking mechanism to secure a good number of hooks while still at 5 gens. Jigsaws Sketch let's us know who is working gens and gauge if you want to let it go for pops or interrupt for Ruin, and gives us another trap for whoever gets theirs off early. Lethal is there for extending our aura reads, and if noone touches a gen, we can still find people fast and get the ball rolling. The hope is anyone wanting to crank gens we can interrupt for Ruin, and Undying preserves our hexes. We take Face the Darkness to fake out a scream builds and give us auras to keep hounding those boxes if people insist on doing head traps first without popping a gen.


    What builds are my fellow Pig mains playing with? 😁

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Hi Dalies and Mentlegen of Swine!

    I'm coming up with new builds all tne time, and am having a blast not having to rely on on JMF and Combat straps to not get smoked at every pallet.

    Just for giggles I wanted to share my current builds I'm having fun with on Pig.

    1) Just for kicks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2W0O4HLB7DUZ/18e6b55522755-screenshoturl.jpg

    All about them kicks. The idea is to try and ensure we're finding people around gens with NTH and try and get our traps out fast. Tampered Timer and Ruleset No.2 to ensure survivors can't take their time and we're keeping as many survivors off gens as possible to allow Oppression to regress generators.

    2) I see your pallet...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3RMADN0RNEPX/18e6b55645d38-screenshoturl.jpg

    The goal here is to chew through pallets as much as possible. If we get good Ambush chances we take them, but if not Nemesis and Game Afoot combined with Brutal Strength allows us to break pallets and keep in hot pursuit, while Deadlock ensures we can stagger our traps well.

    3) I see you!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GS7U09EFKUJX/18e6b5590c362-screenshoturl.jpg

    This builds attempts to get a commanding lead early using our traps as a tracking mechanism to secure a good number of hooks while still at 5 gens. Jigsaws Sketch let's us know who is working gens and gauge if you want to let it go for pops or interrupt for Ruin, and gives us another trap for whoever gets theirs off early. Lethal is there for extending our aura reads, and if noone touches a gen, we can still find people fast and get the ball rolling. The hope is anyone wanting to crank gens we can interrupt for Ruin, and Undying preserves our hexes. We take Face the Darkness to fake out a scream builds and give us auras to keep hounding those boxes if people insist on doing head traps first without popping a gen.

    What builds are my fellow Pig mains playing with? 😁

    You are a saint.

    Literally.

    I feel like a lot of my burnout with dbd comes from no variety. Ive been stuck with surge + bbq + lethal + stbfl for literally years now because it works so well. However, this got extremely monotonous over time. Im gonna try new stuff now. Thx for this revelation friend!

    ♥️🐽♥️

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3683168#Comment_3683168

    You are a saint.

    Literally.

    I feel like a lot of my burnout with dbd comes from no variety. Ive been stuck with surge + bbq + lethal + stbfl for literally years now because it works so well. However, this got extremely monotonous over time. Im gonna try new stuff now. Thx for this revelation friend!

    ♥️🐽♥️

    You were pure chase Pig, that's awesome 😁😁😁

    I did also experiment with replacing Pop in build one with Unforseen (I think it's unforseen... the new Trail of Torment perk). That's also quite fun if you want to have something a little less meta, Amanda is naturally quite small, so being able to run upright at full click caught a few people off guard 😁


    Hope you have fun! I enjoy trying weird and quirky stuff in this game... I'm still trying to get Hysteria to work on someone... xD

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3683615#Comment_3683615

    You were pure chase Pig, that's awesome 😁😁😁

    I did also experiment with replacing Pop in build one with Unforseen (I think it's unforseen... the new Trail of Torment perk). That's also quite fun if you want to have something a little less meta, Amanda is naturally quite small, so being able to run upright at full click caught a few people off guard 😁

    Hope you have fun! I enjoy trying weird and quirky stuff in this game... I'm still trying to get Hysteria to work on someone... xD

    I try hysteria on Xeno. Seemed fitting.

  • I'll post some of my builds up here when I get on. I can already tell you off the top of my head it's probably something like

    Corrupt + BBQ + Pain Resonance and DMS or Grim Embrace.

    I've been experimenting with Unforeseen and trying to do a 0 TR build. One that makes survs question their sanity if i'm stealth or not. Love some help with this one because right now it's

    Unforseen + Plaything + Pentimento and Corrupt. I will usually flex out corrupt if i'm using Rules 2 + Video Tape (My favorite combo).

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I'll post some of my builds up here when I get on. I can already tell you off the top of my head it's probably something like

    Corrupt + BBQ + Pain Resonance and DMS or Grim Embrace.

    I've been experimenting with Unforeseen and trying to do a 0 TR build. One that makes survs question their sanity if i'm stealth or not. Love some help with this one because right now it's

    Unforseen + Plaything + Pentimento and Corrupt. I will usually flex out corrupt if i'm using Rules 2 + Video Tape (My favorite combo).

    I’m using the all-seeing build since it fits my play style of being all over the map applying constant pressure.

    IMG_8688.jpeg

    The other build I’ve been experimenting with is the 0 TR and exposed build during chases. Dark Devotion + Furtive Chase + Nemesis + Hubris = Massive confusion.

    IMG_8689.jpeg


  • @UndeddJester said:

    Hi Dalies and Mentlegen of Swine!

    I'm coming up with new builds all tne time, and am having a blast not having to rely on on JMF and Combat straps to not get smoked at every pallet.

    Just for giggles I wanted to share my current builds I'm having fun with on Pig.

    1) Just for kicks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2W0O4HLB7DUZ/18e6b55522755-screenshoturl.jpg

    All about them kicks. The idea is to try and ensure we're finding people around gens with NTH and try and get our traps out fast. Tampered Timer and Ruleset No.2 to ensure survivors can't take their time and we're keeping as many survivors off gens as possible to allow Oppression to regress generators.

    2) I see your pallet...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3RMADN0RNEPX/18e6b55645d38-screenshoturl.jpg

    The goal here is to chew through pallets as much as possible. If we get good Ambush chances we take them, but if not Nemesis and Game Afoot combined with Brutal Strength allows us to break pallets and keep in hot pursuit, while Deadlock ensures we can stagger our traps well.

    3) I see you!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GS7U09EFKUJX/18e6b5590c362-screenshoturl.jpg

    This builds attempts to get a commanding lead early using our traps as a tracking mechanism to secure a good number of hooks while still at 5 gens. Jigsaws Sketch let's us know who is working gens and gauge if you want to let it go for pops or interrupt for Ruin, and gives us another trap for whoever gets theirs off early. Lethal is there for extending our aura reads, and if noone touches a gen, we can still find people fast and get the ball rolling. The hope is anyone wanting to crank gens we can interrupt for Ruin, and Undying preserves our hexes. We take Face the Darkness to fake out a scream builds and give us auras to keep hounding those boxes if people insist on doing head traps first without popping a gen.

    What builds are my fellow Pig mains playing with? 😁

    These look really fun. I must try it on PS as I actually do not own any DLCs on Xbox please forgive me not even Saw. This is a result of burnout I had a really long phase of the game from January to October and then reduced hours through December which is one of the longest lengths of time of gone without a break.

    @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3683168#Comment_3683168

    You are a saint.

    Literally.

    I feel like a lot of my burnout with dbd comes from no variety. Ive been stuck with surge + bbq + lethal + stbfl for literally years now because it works so well. However, this got extremely monotonous over time. Im gonna try new stuff now. Thx for this revelation friend!

    ♥️🐽♥️

    Agreed. Problem is in our case we have a fun killer who is not the strongest which means we are perk and addon dependent to an extent in terms of the meta. I have not really played since the chapter came out. I don't want to force a phase but I will try come up with a build of my own and share it here.

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3683661#Comment_3683661

    I’m using the all-seeing build since it fits my play style of being all over the map applying constant pressure.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3BOW5GDHE3I2/img-8688.jpeg

    The other build I’ve been experimenting with is the 0 TR and exposed build during chases. Dark Devotion + Furtive Chase + Nemesis + Hubris = Massive confusion.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RX76UQMR4ZUN/img-8689.jpeg

    Sir Gideo Ofnir approves the first build.

  • The Aura build, yeah. It’s become my favorite build for awhile now. NC is the one thing that is often spoken about by survivors post-game “why NC?” It helps more than people think, I like to apply constant pressure and injuring survivors and keeping them injured so I can pick them off one by one is a productive way of sealing the game.

    Pig is the only stealth killer they has no costs to being stealth at will and the most common thing is see with NC is that survivors like to heal under hook or in a DZ where I can injure healing survivor(s) to keep on the pressure and keep them injured. It has literally helped me deal so many games because everyone is injured and the injured voices let’s me catch someone off-guard.

    I think I’ve been jump scaring a lot more than I thought I would tonight lol

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3684233#Comment_3684233

    The Aura build, yeah. It’s become my favorite build for awhile now. NC is the one thing that is often spoken about by survivors post-game “why NC?” It helps more than people think, I like to apply constant pressure and injuring survivors and keeping them injured so I can pick them off one by one is a productive way of sealing the game.

    Pig is the only stealth killer they has no costs to being stealth at will and the most common thing is see with NC is that survivors like to heal under hook or in a DZ where I can injure healing survivor(s) to keep on the pressure and keep them injured. It has literally helped me deal so many games because everyone is injured and the injured voices let’s me catch someone off-guard.

    I think I’ve been jump scaring a lot more than I thought I would tonight lol

    Good to hear!

  • HI all!

    In case you haven't seen it, I did an add-on review in a thread the other day, though that is just background for my actual point in case you're interested:

    @UndeddJester said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WJ4QIZSR4FY1/image.png

    My take on her add-ons: -

    S tier

    • Workshop Grease - uses all her buffs to maximum effect, works with everything and resolves a lot of the hold W from pallets problem. Basically this add-on just makes all of the Pig's buffs better in every way, no matter which build you're running, and you can't go wrong with it in almost any setup.

    A tier

    • John's Medical File - 4.2m/s crouch speed is very good for sneaking around without much penalty, especially in maps with a lot of LoS blockers. More importantly though it allows Pig to crouch and stand for mind games vs. holding W at pallets with barely any loss of distance. Very solid add-on.
    • Last Will - While not so hot on it's own because of the hold W from pallet problem, when combined with Workshop Grease, you have a 17% faster ambush, that moves noticably faster and gets pretty strong on a large variety of tiles. Can be W'ed from, but an experienced Pig knowing the right moments can really make that extra 20% lunge distance and 0.3s faster crouch basekit count hard.
    • Video Tape - Starting with all traps deployed allows for some good build synergies to get a strong foothold early on, particularly with Ruleset No.2 or Jigsaw's Sketch. With the loss of pig box auras though, unless you've learned all the spawns it's more difficult to find survivors efficiently compared to before, so is not as strong as it once was, but it's still undeniably efficient for slowing down the early game for Pig when you're weakest. It does also lose the ability to drag survivors away from any pallets they go down under though, so drops to the lower end of A tier.
    • Tampered Timer - Still very nasty with scream builds; low effort with a pretty decent chance of dooming a survivor on a large map with little work from the Pig. Especially nasty when combined with the 16s+ that Crate of Gears can add. Needs things to line up right, but that isn't too hard to achieve, and can be very ugly.

    B tier

    • Ruleset No.2 - Still very good for buying early game pressure when combined with Video Tape, and anyone not respecting traps can be caught out with Tampered Timer and scream builds. It buys a lot of time from survivors having to hunt boxes without auras, and unlike other add-ons, it is not really encumbered and still does its job by the fact the Pig lost her box auras. It tends to make survivors run about looking for boxes more, it helps Pig get more out of her new chase buffs.
    • Amandas Letter - While the loss of 2 head traps is a significant loss, the reworks improved crouch speed at base, crouch transition time, and longer ambush lunges allows the aura read on this add-on to become pretty potent, and debatably worth the trap loss. It is especially nice when combined with JMF or WG. Even when using just the base crouch/dash changes, you can shore up the weakness somewhat with Jigsaw's Sketch or Annotated Plan, so definitely benefits across the board from recent buffs.
    • Jigsaw's Sketch - The extra trap is ofc great, but the secondary effect is only really worth it with Video Tape to catch anyone being cheeky from the get go to try and repair a generator early instead of removing their trap. This combo in general however is a little weaker with the loss of auras on Pig boxes to find survivors without a lot of memorisation. Still good, but taking that slight hit in value compared to other add-ons available to Pig now.
    • Crate of Gears/Bag of Gears - Main advantage of these was the extra time bought across the game (guaranteed 48s and 23.44s respectively), combined with better chances to push this further with boxes being easier to interrupt (4s and ~1.95 s per box) and reset the progress. Generally speaking this is more effort than it's worth now with the box auras being gone, unless you have godly map presense or invest in perks to help you. Scream builds can be nasty still here, but outside of that, the value is not as high anymore.
    • Jigsaw's Annotated Plan - Another extra trap, but not quite as good synergy with Video Tape. Potential with Jigsaw's Sketch to really slow down the game heavily if the Pig can get all the traps out, however even with the chase buffs, that's a gamble that can backfire. It basically ensures you can't afford to route off to harass boxes unless it's a VERY juicy already trapped survivor almost falling at your feet, traps must be pushed out ASAP with almost no delay!

    C tier

    • Rusty Attachments/Slow Release Toxin Utility Blades/Face Mask - Same basic fundamental problem, they require you to go after an already trapped survivor to get value. There is some value with Video Tape in each case, and the mangled off Rusty Attachments is slightly better due to the additional slowdown it gives... but most of these effects are benign or outclassed by perks.
    • Razor Wires - Only really useful against less experienced survivors who can't hit skillchecks consistently, unless you plan to he harassing off boxes a lot. Even then, it's only worth a damn if the survivor is not already injured. The chance of a skillcheck is high on boxes, so if you're lucky with scream builds it can do some stuff, but generally it's hard to get any consitent value out of it.

    D tier

    • Interlocking Razor - Worse than Razor Wires, as even new survivors will likely have little issue here. A scream build again might do something, but if you're trying for that you have FAAAAR better options.
    • Combat Straps - We salute your sacrifice friend! Now this is basekit, the additional 0.1s it provides is barely noticable, there is almost no reason to take this. It does offer a SLIGHTLY faster ambush startup though, so makes it marginally easier to time your dashes at tougher tiles, but it's so niche it's not really worth it.

    E tier

    • Shattered Syringe - We also salute your sacrifice friend. Now this is basekit, and you have the same effect via Workshop Grease but that add-on is waaaaaaaaaay better, and stacking this on top just basically does nothing. No matter what you're trying to do there is always another better add-on option.
    • Amanda's Secret - This add-on... I don't know why I would want this aura read at any point. If I'm ever in a place to capitalise on this, chances are I will have already seen them with the eyeballs in my head or heard Billy's laugh. If I'm not in range to capitalise, I'm usually too busy to really pay attention to it to get any value of the direction they're heading, and even if I wasn't, this survivor just came away from NOT doing gens. I'm more concerned about the other survivors anyway more often than not. No value from the notification, I already know the trap got removed from my HUD... and it only procs 4 times a match, maximum of 5 with Jigsaw Sketch or Annotated Plan. I genuinely can't think of any reason to ever run it... Honestly even something like just being able to hear Billy's laughs globally so I could count the jigsaw box searches... that would be 10 times more useful than this add-on is currently, even without the boxes auras....

    Those are my takes! Link if you wanna make your own! https://tiermaker.com/create/dead-by-daylight---pig-addons---530-1365466

    This spawned discussions regarding Combat Straps, and I quick mathed why Combat Straps is rarely worth it, that I thought might be useful knowledge to share, and is just interesting to know for Pig add-ons in general:

    @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686026#Comment_3686026

    Aye, that makes sense, there is the issue I tend to find is that even with Combat straps, it's rare you're going to be able to reach the survivor before they vault, there are scenarios it happens, but those scenarios are not common. The normal way that scenario plays out is you charge the ambush and the survivor either waits and vaults when you commit, or you fake and either catch them on the opposing side or you make them hesitate and catch them just before they vault. In both scenarios throwing the dash quickly doens't tend to be a factor, as the survivor will reach the vault before you catch up with ambush.

    However teh real issue with combat straps now is even with this scenario you describe, JMF is almost as good, and in most other scenarios, straight outclasses it. When you crouch, your movement speed slows over the duration to your crouch which is 1s at base. With JMF your speed is degrading from 4.6 to 4.2m/s. That means over the course of that crouch, you are moving quicker over that second than you are without JMF.

    Combat Straps reduces the crouch time to 0.9s and your new shift is from 4.6 to 3.8m/s. So not only are you transitioning to a slower speed, you are also doing it faster, which means the drop off of your speed is sharper on combat straps than it is on JMF. I haven't fully sat and crunched the numbers because I'm not sure exactly the acceleration algorithm DBD uses, but from my feel thus far, the time you save with 0.1s on the crouch transition to fire ambush faster, is undone by the small distance loss you have over that transition compared to JMF.

    To do it quickly with mechanics maths (and there is the caveat I'm not sure this is accurate to how DBD speed scaling works, but):

    Combat Straps: -

    • acceleration = (3.8 - 4.6) / 0.9 = -0.888889
    • distance = (4.6 * 0.9) + (0.5 * -0.888889 * 0.9^2) = 3.8484m over the transition

    JMF: -

    • acceleration = (4.2 - 4.6) / 1 = -0.4
    • distance = (4.6 * 1) + (0.5 * -0.4 * 1^2) = 4.4m over the transition

    The JMF Pig gets to walk an additional 0.55 of a meter further than the Combat Straps Pig before starting their ambush, which the ambush needs to claw back for Combat Straps within 0.1s. With a dash at 6.9m/s, travelling 0.55m takes 0.0797s to get to the same starting point as JMF. The conclusion is the difference of JMF and Combat Straps is Combat Staps actually only saves 0.0203s over JMF, or (6.9m/s * 0.0203s) 0.14m.

    Of course JMF has the other benefit of allowing you to walk around much quicker without a TR with a low profile, and allows you to mind game a dip for an ambush better than Combat Straps for the same speed transition point. So all combat straps actually offers... is 0.14m gain over JMF in this one specific scenario, that you rarely find yourself in, and if you do, is is rare that combat straps is actually what gave you the hit.

    This might not be the exact numbers, but it won't be far off... so that's why I rank it so low... there is almost no reason to take it over JMF.


    Although at one days time it was one of my favourite add-ons... I salute your noble sacrifice Combat Straps, you will be missed dearly, and fondly remembered 😥

  • @UndeddJester said:

    HI all!

    In case you haven't seen it, I did an add-on review in a thread the other day, though that is just background for my actual point in case you're interested:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3685340#Comment_3685340

    This spawned discussions regarding Combat Straps, and I quick mathed why Combat Straps is rarely worth it, that I thought might be useful knowledge to share, and is just interesting to know for Pig add-ons in general:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686048#Comment_3686048

    Although at one days time it was one of my favourite add-ons... I salute your noble sacrifice Combat Straps, you will be missed dearly, and fondly remembered 😥

    Combat straps was one of my go-to addons. Now i still use it almost every game, but you are right. Its not really that good anymore.

    Workshop grease it is.

    The medical file truly is the winner of this update. Piggy go zoooooooooooooooom!

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686055#Comment_3686055

    Combat straps was one of my go-to addons. Now i still use it almost every game, but you are right. Its not really that good anymore.

    Workshop grease it is.

    The medical file truly is the winner of this update. Piggy go zoooooooooooooooom!

    I've been high on the JMF + WG post-patch. It does help at tiles to an extent. Her Ambush still leaves a lot to be desired even with the add-ons.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686488#Comment_3686488

    I've been high on the JMF + WG post-patch. It does help at tiles to an extent. Her Ambush still leaves a lot to be desired even with the add-ons.

    That is absolutely true. Hoowever, the stealth aspect has become a loot stronger. Amanda now crouches a lot faster by default. Combined with medical file, shes now 4.18 m/s (if I understood it correctly). Thats faster than a survivor is running. What this means is,:

    • that you can actually traverse the map crouched without losing the game.
    • that you can stealth at jungle gyms or other structures to lose your red stain and catch people off guard.

    The medical file has undoubtably become one of her best addons. It offers a unique effect, that the Pig has been lacking ever since she got released. Good stealth.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686609#Comment_3686609

    That is absolutely true. Hoowever, the stealth aspect has become a loot stronger. Amanda now crouches a lot faster by default. Combined with medical file, shes now 4.18 m/s (if I understood it correctly). Thats faster than a survivor is running. What this means is,:

    • that you can actually traverse the map crouched without losing the game.
    • that you can stealth at jungle gyms or other structures to lose your red stain and catch people off guard.

    The medical file has undoubtably become one of her best addons. It offers a unique effect, that the Pig has been lacking ever since she got released. Good stealth.

    All the crouch add-ons were good changes. I also believe JMF makes her 4.0 m/s which, IIRC, is the same as the standard surv running speed. So, you can keep pace without losing distance if you follow while crouched, as I did in my last match on Midwich.

    One add-on I need to do more tests with is Last Will. It was a mixed bag before the update for the same reasons @UndeddJester mentioned. After seeing how some players in the community have been using it I might try it out in some builds with something like the gears add-on or grease.


    @UndeddJester said:

    HI all!

    In case you haven't seen it, I did an add-on review in a thread the other day, though that is just background for my actual point in case you're interested:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3685340#Comment_3685340

    This spawned discussions regarding Combat Straps, and I quick mathed why Combat Straps is rarely worth it, that I thought might be useful knowledge to share, and is just interesting to know for Pig add-ons in general:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686048#Comment_3686048

    Although at one days time it was one of my favourite add-ons... I salute your noble sacrifice Combat Straps, you will be missed dearly, and fondly remembered 😥

    Combat straps hidden ability that makes it s-tier is the buff to crouch spam. Yes, you read that right. Piggy had her t-bags buffed. Quintessential for those of us that enjoy a bit of nonsense from time-to-time.

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3683661#Comment_3683661

    I’m using the all-seeing build since it fits my play style of being all over the map applying constant pressure.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3BOW5GDHE3I2/img-8688.jpeg

    The other build I’ve been experimenting with is the 0 TR and exposed build during chases. Dark Devotion + Furtive Chase + Nemesis + Hubris = Massive confusion.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RX76UQMR4ZUN/img-8689.jpeg

    Thanks for the build ideas 🤗

  • @UndeddJester said:

    HI all!

    In case you haven't seen it, I did an add-on review in a thread the other day, though that is just background for my actual point in case you're interested:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3685340#Comment_3685340

    This spawned discussions regarding Combat Straps, and I quick mathed why Combat Straps is rarely worth it, that I thought might be useful knowledge to share, and is just interesting to know for Pig add-ons in general:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3686048#Comment_3686048

    Although at one days time it was one of my favourite add-ons... I salute your noble sacrifice Combat Straps, you will be missed dearly, and fondly remembered 😥

    I don't know whether I should reply on that thread, but here should do fine. Your add-on tier list and mine would look pretty much look the same outside shuffling a few things around the top.

  • oink oink oink

    oink snort 🐷

    (How everybacon’s doing?)

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    oink oink oink

    oink snort 🐷

    (How everybacon’s doing?)

    Alive and well. Recently ordered a custom Piggy charm plush with a detachable mask.

    These are all the Piggy news from my part.

    💎🐽💎

    How are you doing?

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    oink oink oink

    oink snort 🐷

    (How everybacon’s doing?)

    Living the dream. Finally got all the achievements on Baldur's Gate 3 recently.

1 … 5 6 7 8 9 … 22