The Pig Pen Hangout

A place for our community of Pig PFPs and enthusiasts to meet and engage in discourse over all things pig-related and not pig-related.

Comments

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655363#Comment_3655363

    Post is online. A total 8 Pig matches with some outstanding ambushes. Please give me your opinions on the changes for all of you that cant test her right now!!!

    I don't follow you (but will for sure soon as you give me your YouTube name!) so can we get a link?

  • BTW in case anyone had any doubt. This is 1000% a nerf to RBTs. The buffs aren't even close to being enough to warrant such a bold and controversial change.

    Unless Amanda starts dashing over pallets, doing backflips, summersaults, instant breaking with dash, or baseball slides under them then we can talk about RBT changes like aura removal and increased timer.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3655376#Comment_3655376

    I don't follow you (but will for sure soon as you give me your YouTube name!) so can we get a link?

    It's in the feedback section. The pinned comment on killer changes.

  • Here's the link to the feedback on killers for PTB. Posting it below. There's been some great feedback there already from the community. Let them hear our collective pig squeals!

    @dance said:

    This PTB brings tweaks and minor changes to several Killers: The Blight, The Clown, The Demogorgon, The Doctor, The Hag, The Huntress and The Pig.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KU89RMMO7DJA/killer-updates.png

    We would love to hear your feedback how it feels these adjustments feel. 


  • Did once match with my "Perkless Pig" build and don't want to play another. I got the 4K only by slugging when I happened to find 3 of them together, one desperate for the flashy save, the other decided to crawl downstairs to the Badham matrress. Posted the full story on the main feedback thread.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K1CFHQLYK33C/emergency-meeting-jpg.jpg

    @radiantHero23 @AbsolutGrndZer0 @UndeddJester @JPLongstreet @Majin151 @Vanishlord @Blueberry @totallynotamegmain

    Pardon the urgency my fine fellow pigs, but I think we can all agree when I say the recent proposed changes to her RBTS is how you say...bullshit. Some might say even too heavy-handed in response to the problem it intends to solve.

    Not to undercut the importance of the actual buffs she's receiving, but the changes to RBT go too far against her whole shtick and we can see right through it all no matter how they might try and confuse and muddle the issue. Any of you with access to the PTB that plan on playing, please report on your experiences with these changes and their impact overall for those us without PTB access. Thank you for your time.

    Sorry for the late response. Sadly I am an xbox player and cannot participate in it but am preparing a general disscusion post to try raise awarness for the cause. I have been away until yesterday evening and when I checked and saw your post about the pig changes I was horrifed.

    Pigs biggest strength is her RBTS. They are the best slowdown in the game as you are faced with a mori if you don't take it off and it activates if a generator is completed. This happens without Amanda having to go out of her way. Everything else in her kit can be done better by other killers. Her ambush is like a worse nurse blink or blight dash etc. Her stealth is litteraly a worse version of Ghostface's.

    I encourage everyone who can play the PTB to make a detailed report in the PTB section as some of us are doing. Also please keep an eye out for my post I will post a link here when it is ready just so the whole forums community can see our issues with these changes.

    May the odds be ever in our favour.

  • @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @UndeddJester @JPLongstreet @AbsolutGrndZer0 @Majin151 @Blueberry @totallynotamegmain

    Here is the link to my post anyone else who has made a post or will make one please post it here so we can all coment on it. Also sorry if I forgot to @ somebody.

    @Vanishlord said:

    In a shocking turn of events the devs have 'buffed' the pig. To be specific her ambush. These are pretty average buffs in comparsion to the HUGE nerf to her RBTS. This is Pig's biggest strength as it by far the best passive slowdown in the game as the killer does not have to do anything after putting the trap on. Her ambush even with this buff while needed is not worth this nerf.

    Most of us Pig mains are doing everything we can. PC Piggy mains are putting reports in the PTB section.

    Here is one I found:

    It talks about Pig and Onryo who is not as relavent and not our priority at the moment while I do agree she needs to go back to her PTB state.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406040/the-onyro-and-pig

    I am a console player trying to draw attention to this issue as I cannot play the PTB but encourage those who can to think about this and comment to raise awareness in the PTB section.

    Save our Piggy. This nerf could also cause a massive reduction in boops.

    Sorry for the long post.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/78LQMQK71AH6/image.png


  • @Vanishlord said:

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @UndeddJester @JPLongstreet @AbsolutGrndZer0 @Majin151 @Blueberry @totallynotamegmain

    Here is the link to my post anyone else who has made a post or will make one please post it here so we can all coment on it. Also sorry if I forgot to @ somebody.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406094/what-do-people-think-about-the-new-pig-buff

    Thank you for posting this and getting more discussion going! Posted my reply...back to screaming into the void.

    tumblr_9694bd51b3b497edee4ac369a61e1455_15b7a02f_640.gif


  • Far be it from me to misrepresent the collective will of the Glorious Snoot Society:

    @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657268#Comment_3657268

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657270#Comment_3657270

    I saw a suggestion in this thread that I liked actually:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406151/please-think-about-changes-on-ptb-for-huntress-pig-and-clown-7-6-0

    The Jigsaw boxes instead regress at a rate of 1 c/s when a survivor lets go. Its a simple change but it does 2 things: -

    • Makes scream builds basically non-effective, as the survivor basically loses only a second of progress. This nicely doesn't betray what we understand about screams as an "interrupt" mechanic (the perks that already do this kinda irritate me)
    • Makes it so that pushing someone off a box actually requires the Pig to commit. Merely letting go cause you saw the Pig briefly going by doens't reset your progress, it has to be a conscious decision by the Pig to pose a threat to the survivor, and a quick look and walk away isn't gonna cut it.

    What do we reckon to this suggestion?

    I always liked @radiantHero23s suggestion:

    @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/405718/are-the-devs-serious

    Its so sad. They seem to severely lack understanding of how to balance these kind of powers.

    Im just gonna post this here again:

    Best form of nerf to RBT:

    • survivors cannot die to the timer running out while searching a jigsaw box
    • survivors are not interrupted by screaming while searching a jigsaw box

    Nothing more is needed. These nerfs would be in line with the buffs she is getting. The nerfs proposed in the notes are overkill.

    Mechanically no arguments at all and nothing but support, the only thing that irks me about it is purely that it betrays a little of the idea of the theme of what's going on.

    Mostly why would the timer stop mid search? Why does a scream not interrupt? (I don't like how we have screams that interrupt and screams that don't... the mechanic feels inconsistent to me).


    How do we collectively feel about this alternative? If the search box degrades, screams doesn't cause a problem, survivors getting downed or chase stops progress on the timer, so having to commit to get a survivor to let go seems reasonable to me.

    It seems almost as good, without the theme taking a hit. Thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Far be it from me to misrepresent the collective will of the Glorious Snoot Society:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657275#Comment_3657275

    What do we reckon to this suggestion?

    I always liked @radiantHero23s suggestion:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654229#Comment_3654229

    Mechanically no arguments at all and nothing but support, the only thing that irks me about it is purely that it betrays a little of the idea of the theme of what's going on.

    Mostly why would the timer stop mid search? Why does a scream not interrupt? (I don't like how we have screams that interrupt and screams that don't... the mechanic feels inconsistent to me).

    How do we collectively feel about this alternative? If the search box degrades, screams doesn't cause a problem, survivors getting downed or chase stops progress on the timer, so having to commit to get a survivor to let go seems reasonable to me.

    It seems almost as good, without the theme taking a hit. Thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?

    I've only had time to skim through briefly, so i'll have to come back with any further suggestions. From the surface, I like what I'm reading. There have been similar good suggestions between you, Hero, Joni, and around the forums that all center around the same point of screams not resetting progress using different approaches.

    I think it's fair in theory. I like @radiantHero23's ideas too. Specifically speaking to survs not dying while searching...There have been times I've been on that box like ..." Man, that timer is getting close It's about to kill me this sucks. wish it wasn't". But I always thought of that as my misplays for not getting the box off soon enough, similar to a contestant who almost got out of the trap, but time ran out (Which happens in literally every Saw movie xD). I guess it depends on how much importance you put on the pause while searching on that one, but honestly, it's a great suggested change to have on the table.

    Just to add my 1/2 cent to the mix for what it's worth, maybe somewhere JSB (Jigsaw Box) can save the surv's current progress for a very brief time (1 to maybe 1.5seconds max), and then it'll degrade by a certain amount that is determined by a simple regression algorithm like you suggested in the topic posted. If pig is chasing them then it'd go away outside that 1 to 1.5 second window, but also in that brief 1 to 1.5-second window they'd still have their progress if she didn't commit to chase them off the box for long enough, or if they scream.

    With keeping her thematic in mind, I could see either way giving a little more wiggle room for survs to get a trap off without giving away too much in return, but also not flat out causing them the same level of grief as getting interrupted by screaming and dying due to it does.

    I had another thought as I was typing this, which is does DBD have a system designed to tell the difference between interrupts that are caused by the player's action (i.e. surv lets go on their own for x reason) and one caused as a reaction to a Killer's perk like Infectious or UW. I could be seeing it wrong or overthinking, but if those two different events are handled the same way, then you'd just expect JSBs working a slightly different way in general by providing regression, and survs just leaving the box will cause regression instead of resetting progress.

    Still, I for one like the idea.

  • @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @JPLongstreet @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0

    Since we are disscussing solutions and alternitives to this nerf, we need to agree on one and all try promote it we also need to incorporate survivors into it.

    So far Jester and Hero's ideas removing the screams sounds like the way to go as from my disscussion the screams is one of the big problem survivors have.

    The only thing I would add on is if we do end up with the extra 30 seconds the last bit of this post would help a bit.

    image.png

    (ignore my bad highlighting)

    This for me is kind of a worst case scenerio as it still isn't ideal but it is better then the PTB state.

    I do think just nerfing scream builds for pig is enough. Lets keep brainstorming people!🐷

  • @Vanishlord said:

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @JPLongstreet @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0

    Since we are disscussing solutions and alternitives to this nerf, we need to agree on one and all try promote it we also need to incorporate survivors into it.

    So far Jester and Hero's ideas removing the screams sounds like the way to go as from my disscussion the screams is one of the big problem survivors have.

    The only thing I would add on is if we do end up with the extra 30 seconds the last bit of this post would help a bit.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2V4L6EJXS3P9/image.png

    (ignore my bad highlighting)

    This for me is kind of a worst case scenerio as it still isn't ideal but it is better then the PTB state.

    I do think just nerfing scream builds for pig is enough. Lets keep brainstorming people!🐷

    Sounds like a good idea to me.

    Personally I like radiantHero's idea, simply because for anyone not in the know, which will be most of SoloQ, I can see it being really tense just making it to final box and not being sure if they'll make the timer. Anyone whonis in the know will be praying the Pig doesn't turn up... similar to how my chest pounds as last survivor opening the gate... which sounds cool.

    The scream not interrupting nerf is a necessary evil to halt the main complaint, even though I don't like some screams interrupting actions and some not... Cage's perk always makes me naturally let go cause I forget I can keep hold.

    Tbh, I'd rather take both my and radiants nerfs than the 30s timer.... At least we would retain our pressure gameplay while also hitting the more brain dead strategies. If we REALLY have to go to war to prevent the 30s nerf, I'd push for a regressing progression box and impossible to pop head trap while searching. If box auras come back as well, I would be signing on the line for them to take this pair of nerfs in their place.

  • @Vanishlord said:

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @JPLongstreet @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0

    Since we are disscussing solutions and alternitives to this nerf, we need to agree on one and all try promote it we also need to incorporate survivors into it.

    So far Jester and Hero's ideas removing the screams sounds like the way to go as from my disscussion the screams is one of the big problem survivors have.

    The only thing I would add on is if we do end up with the extra 30 seconds the last bit of this post would help a bit.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2V4L6EJXS3P9/image.png

    (ignore my bad highlighting)

    This for me is kind of a worst case scenerio as it still isn't ideal but it is better then the PTB state.

    I do think just nerfing scream builds for pig is enough. Lets keep brainstorming people!🐷

    @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657778#Comment_3657778

    Sounds like a good idea to me.

    Personally I like the radiantHero's idea, simply because for anyone not in the know, which will be most of SoloQ, I can see it being really tense just making it to final box and not being sure if they'll make the timer. Anyone whonis in the know will be praying the Pig doesn't turn up... similar to how my chest pounds as last survivor opening the gate... which sounds cool.

    The scream not interrupting nerf is a necessary evil to halt the main complaint, even though I don't like some screams interrupting actions and some not... Cage's perk always makes me naturally let go cause I forget I can keep hold.

    Tbh, I'd rather take both my and radiants nerfs than the 30s timer.... At least we would retain our pressure gameplay while also hitting the more brain dead strategies. If we REALLY have to go to war to prevent the 30s nerf, I'd push for a regressing progression box and impossible to pop head trap while searching. If box auras come back as well, I would be signing on the line for them to take this pair of nerfs in their place.

    I agree, having a consistent solution in our message would be beneficial. I think Radiant's would be the more pragmatic one to compromise with. Love all the solutions, but I can see that one being something easy to work with that could be quickly implemented and not need too much extra work to get it right. @UndeddJester Spot on!

    Amanda has waited years for some good buffs to her kit overall and the devs must do this right...

  • Posting here just for another perspective on PTB buffs in action. First chase ~24 seconds in... man oh man.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ2fwHgJLXA

    Just absolutely shocking...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGolXOXOTmQ


  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657778#Comment_3657778

    Sounds like a good idea to me.

    Personally I like the radiantHero's idea, simply because for anyone not in the know, which will be most of SoloQ, I can see it being really tense just making it to final box and not being sure if they'll make the timer. Anyone whonis in the know will be praying the Pig doesn't turn up... similar to how my chest pounds as last survivor opening the gate... which sounds cool.

    The scream not interrupting nerf is a necessary evil to halt the main complaint, even though I don't like some screams interrupting actions and some not... Cage's perk always makes me naturally let go cause I forget I can keep hold.

    Tbh, I'd rather take both my and radiants nerfs than the 30s timer.... At least we would retain our pressure gameplay while also hitting the more brain dead strategies. If we REALLY have to go to war to prevent the 30s nerf, I'd push for a regressing progression box and impossible to pop head trap while searching. If box auras come back as well, I would be signing on the line for them to take this pair of nerfs in their place.

    @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657778#Comment_3657778

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657830#Comment_3657830

    I agree, having a consistent solution in our message would be beneficial. I think Radiant's would be the more pragmatic one to compromise with. Love all the solutions, but I can see that one being something easy to work with that could be quickly implemented and not need too much extra work to get it right. @UndeddJester Spot on!

    Amanda has waited years for some good buffs to her kit overall and the devs must do this right...

    So we are agreed. I guess unless anyone else joins this disscussion due to the limited time frame for feedback I think so far everyone disscusing the two ideas the majority of us have agreed on @radiantHero23 you're idea seems to be the way to go at the moment. As Nun_So_Vile said this buff needs to be done right it could be ages before there is another. So my fellow Pig council members how do we proceed?

  • @Vanishlord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657830#Comment_3657830

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657833#Comment_3657833

    So we are agreed. I guess unless anyone else joins this disscussion due to the limited time frame for feedback I think so far everyone disscusing the two ideas the majority of us have agreed on @radiantHero23 you're idea seems to be the way to go at the moment. As Nun_So_Vile said this buff needs to be done right it could be ages before there is another. So my fellow Pig council members how do we proceed?

    Suppose a summary thread signed from all us Pig mains that covers: -

    • Acknowledgement of the problems to solve.
    • The buffs are very nice QOL changes, but ultimately the scenarios it actually makes a difference are not that prevelant.
    • The changes don't solve what they want to solve (screams and being box camped).
    • The nerfs hurts all types of Pig players, not just the trolling ones.
    • radiantHero's changes we propose instead to actually solve the problem.
    • Signed the Society of Swine. Plz sign with us 😁

    Don't think we need to linger on points long, we already have a few essays through the forum. Quick Points are gonna be the way I think. I can mock something up at lunch time and throw up for review in a group PM unless someone beats me to it.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Far be it from me to misrepresent the collective will of the Glorious Snoot Society:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657275#Comment_3657275

    What do we reckon to this suggestion?

    I always liked @radiantHero23s suggestion:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654229#Comment_3654229

    Mechanically no arguments at all and nothing but support, the only thing that irks me about it is purely that it betrays a little of the idea of the theme of what's going on.

    Mostly why would the timer stop mid search? Why does a scream not interrupt? (I don't like how we have screams that interrupt and screams that don't... the mechanic feels inconsistent to me).

    How do we collectively feel about this alternative? If the search box degrades, screams doesn't cause a problem, survivors getting downed or chase stops progress on the timer, so having to commit to get a survivor to let go seems reasonable to me.

    It seems almost as good, without the theme taking a hit. Thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?

    I know that its not ccompletely lore acccurate, but i do believe that it is the fairest nerf that can be done.

    @Vanishlord said:

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @JPLongstreet @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0

    Since we are disscussing solutions and alternitives to this nerf, we need to agree on one and all try promote it we also need to incorporate survivors into it.

    So far Jester and Hero's ideas removing the screams sounds like the way to go as from my disscussion the screams is one of the big problem survivors have.

    The only thing I would add on is if we do end up with the extra 30 seconds the last bit of this post would help a bit.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2V4L6EJXS3P9/image.png

    (ignore my bad highlighting)

    This for me is kind of a worst case scenerio as it still isn't ideal but it is better then the PTB state.

    I do think just nerfing scream builds for pig is enough. Lets keep brainstorming people!🐷

    Is this not completely unnecessary? If the time on the Box is increased, this could (at base) completely negate the nerf they want to implement. On top of that, a buff to the search time would also buff the addons that are already strong (gears and timer). This is not a good idea, if you ask me...

    @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Posting here just for another perspective on PTB buffs in action. First chase ~24 seconds in... man oh man.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ2fwHgJLXA

    Just absolutely shocking...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGolXOXOTmQ

    Yeah.... BTW.... can we get this man in on our cause? He seems very insightful and a great BOOP - enthusiast.

    @Vanishlord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657830#Comment_3657830

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3657833#Comment_3657833

    So we are agreed. I guess unless anyone else joins this disscussion due to the limited time frame for feedback I think so far everyone disscusing the two ideas the majority of us have agreed on @radiantHero23 you're idea seems to be the way to go at the moment. As Nun_So_Vile said this buff needs to be done right it could be ages before there is another. So my fellow Pig council members how do we proceed?

    Oh guys, you make me blush 🐽

    Jokes aside, i hope they will do whats the logically best solution and not force their nerf upon us like they did with Sadako.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658028#Comment_3658028

    Suppose a summary thread signed from all us Pig mains that covers: -

    • Acknowledgement of the problems to solve.
    • The buffs are very nice QOL changes, but ultimately the scenarios it actually makes a difference are not that prevelant.
    • The changes don't solve what they want to solve (screams and being box camped).
    • The nerfs hurts all types of Pig players, not just the trolling ones.
    • radiantHero's changes we propose instead to actually solve the problem.
    • Signed the Society of Swine. Plz sign with us 😁

    Don't think we need to linger on points long, we already have a few essays through the forum. Quick Points are gonna be the way I think. I can mock something up at lunch time and throw up for review in a group PM unless someone beats me to it.

    Thank you so much for your effort friend!

    You deserve a special BOOP for that🐽

    The council of Pig mains has spoken!

  • Edit: Preserving for austerity when the PTB forum closes. 🤘🐽🤘

    First of all, BHVR, we are a humble group of Pig players who want to thank you for turning attention to our Killer. We would like to go on the record as saying we believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. We have discussed the changes at length and this is our findings regarding our beloved lady.

    Her Chase

    Enhancing her chase is a welcome improvement many of us have been eagerly waiting for, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush duration/recovery. These changes have made noticeable differences in her performance at a variety of loops, such as the car loop tile on the Garden of Joy map, going around shorter loops around tiles, going around rubble & objects into straightaways, and expanding on the number of tiles she can catch survivors on in general.

    However, despite these buffs she is plagued by the same issues as before, where using any pre-dropping, any semi-decent pallet, and holding W to run away as she attempts to ambush, will still beat her. These same tiles and strategies lead to her buffs becoming relatively negligible in practice; crouching makes her lose distance while the survivor simply drops the pallet and runs away to gain more distance, ergo she is prevented from using her killer ability. This makes her ambush and crouch buffs unreliable to use across a variety of similar situations, and is apparent on even her strongest maps for stealth/ambushing like Midwich. We do not think the current list of changes will bring about the intended outcome of keeping the Pig viable in their current state.

    We would appreciate more buffs in this department. With this in mind, we know you cannot make her unreasonably strong, so we encourage you to take into close consideration the slowdown brought on by her Reverse Bear Traps (RBTs). Promoting unfun playstyles is the last thing we ask for, but it is apparent that these initial number buffs are just not enough to bring Pig past how she performs currently overall.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge that buffs to her chase will require a tradeoff, and the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Throughout a number of recent updates, there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however, the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer is halted while in a chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counterplay for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are:

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    We want to stress, these nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s makes forcing a head pop kill longer, more tedious, and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; however it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. It does not prevent the Pig from tunneling the first surv they see with a trap on their head. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and having it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of auras is more an annoyance than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorize Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players because of the random spawning algorithm. On indoor maps, because they are small maps you can even accidently run into a survivor doing the box cause of how they spawn, and effectively tunnel head pops just playing the game... Futhermore, it doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to tunnel or force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    5u1tTouh.jpg

    Thankyou! @C3Tooth it's perfect! Nothing but love BHVR, but the quote was too good to pass up on🤘🐽🤘

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly:

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes. (While searching, the timer will stop at 99.99%, and letting go at this point will immediately kill the survivor)
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios, WE PREFER THIS)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future-proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath, these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you reach the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. Any Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress, they now have to actively push you off a box, which will pause the chase timer. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Killer doesn't happen to find you at that moment).

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0 @BlackRose89

    We will be monitoring this chat, so if you want to sign these changes too let us know in this thread or via PM!

    Cheers!

  • @UndeddJester said:

    First draft (I'm a lowly 950 hr player, would feel more happy for someone with a little more clout than me to post) 😁🤘

    Your local society of Pig main's proposal

    Her Chase

    First of all BHVR we want to thankyou for turning attention to our Killer, and want to go on record as saying we do believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. Improving her chase is very welcome, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush distance. These changes improve her performance at loops, and expands the number of tiles she can catch survivors on, however largely she is plagued by the same issues as before where using any semi-decent pallet and holding W away as she attempts to ambush will still beat her. We would appreciate more buffs in this department, but we'd be more than happy to accept her buffs as is, as she definitely feels nicer to play, and ultimately her chase can't be too strong, because of the slowdown brought on by her RBTs.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge with buffs to her chase will require a trade off, as the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Over the course of a number of updates there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer being halted while in chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counter play for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are: -

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    These nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s makes forcing a head pop kill longer and more tedious and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and have it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of aura's is more an annoyance more than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorise Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players. It also doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly: -

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes.
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you find the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. A Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress. The Pig now has to actively push you off a box, which will activate the chase timer pause. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Kilelr doesn't happen to find you at that moment). 

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester

    <I don't wanna speak for you! Let me know and I'll add your name!>

    This is wonderful! Off to a great start. Thank you for taking the time to write this @UndeddJester. I was just going to write some suggested edits to the side [the teacher in me 🤪], but mind would you mind if I just make edits to what you wrote and post it again for review?

    I can send @AbsolutGrndZer0 a ping so they know to sign!

  • @UndeddJester said:

    First draft (I'm a lowly 950 hr player, would feel more happy for someone with a little more clout than me to post) 😁🤘

    Your local society of Pig main's proposal

    Her Chase

    First of all BHVR we want to thankyou for turning attention to our Killer, and want to go on record as saying we do believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. Improving her chase is very welcome, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush distance. These changes improve her performance at loops, and expands the number of tiles she can catch survivors on, however largely she is plagued by the same issues as before where using any semi-decent pallet and holding W away as she attempts to ambush will still beat her. We would appreciate more buffs in this department, but we'd be more than happy to accept her buffs as is, as she definitely feels nicer to play, and ultimately her chase can't be too strong, because of the slowdown brought on by her RBTs.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge with buffs to her chase will require a trade off, as the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Over the course of a number of updates there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer being halted while in chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counter play for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are: -

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    These nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s makes forcing a head pop kill longer and more tedious and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and have it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of aura's is more an annoyance more than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorise Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players. It also doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly: -

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes.
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you find the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. A Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress. The Pig now has to actively push you off a box, which will activate the chase timer pause. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Kilelr doesn't happen to find you at that moment). 

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester

    <I don't wanna speak for you! Let me know and I'll add your name!>

    Don't think I could have put it better myself. We just need to try keep it at the top of the Feedback section which is manageable. Ultimately we play Amanda and know her kit better then others who don't play her often so we are well equipped to make our point. We just need to make sure we stick to the final draft.

  • Edit below.

    Her Chase

    First of all, BHVR, we are a humble group of Pig players who want to thank you for turning attention to our Killer. We would like to go on the record as saying we believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. Improving her chase is a welcome improvement many of us have been eagerly waiting for, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush changes. These changes have made noticeable improvements in her performance at a variety of loops, like the car loop tile on the Garden of Joy map, going around shorter loops around tiles, going around rubble & objects into straightaways, and expanding on the number of tiles she can catch survivors on in general.

    However, largely what this buff does not address is that she is plagued by the same issues as before, where using any pre-dropping, any semi-decent pallet, and holding W to run away as she attempts to ambush, will still beat her. These same tiles and strategies lead to her buffs becoming negligible in action because crouching makes her lose distance since the survivor simply drops the pallet and runs away to gain more distance, ergo she is forced out of her killer ability. This makes her ambush and crouch buffs minimized and unreliable to use across a variety of similar situations. This is apparent on even her strongest maps for stealth/ambushing like Midwich. We do not think these changes will bring about the intended outcome they provide a solution for in their current state.

     We would appreciate more buffs in this department. We know you cannot make her unreasonably strong, so we reasonably encourage you to take into close consideration the slowdown brought on by her Reverse Bear Traps (RBTs). Promoting unfun playstyles is the last thing we ask for, but it is apparent that these initial number buffs are just not enough to bring Pig past how she performs currently overall.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge that buffs to her chase will require a tradeoff, as the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Throughout a number of updates, there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however, the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer is halted while in a chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counterplay for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are:

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    These nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s make forcing a head pop kill longer, more tedious, and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. It does not prevent killer from tunneling the first surv they see with a trap on their head. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and having it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of auras is more an annoyance than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorize Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players because of the random spawning algorithm. On indoor maps, because they are small maps you can run into surv doing the box cause of how they spawn, and tunnel them that way just playing the game...It doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to tunnel or force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly: -

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes.
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future-proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath, these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you find the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. A Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress. The Pig now has to actively push you off a box, which will activate the chase timer pause. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Killer doesn't happen to find you at that moment). 

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Edit below.

    Her Chase

    First of all, BHVR, we are a humble group of Pig players who want to thank you for turning attention to our Killer. We would like to go on the record as saying we believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. Improving her chase is a welcome improvement many of us have been eagerly waiting for, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush changes. These changes have made noticeable improvements in her performance at a variety of loops, like the car loop tile on the Garden of Joy map, going around shorter loops around tiles, going around rubble & objects into straightaways, and expanding on the number of tiles she can catch survivors on in general.

    However, largely what this buff does not address is that she is plagued by the same issues as before, where using any pre-dropping, any semi-decent pallet, and holding W to run away as she attempts to ambush, will still beat her. These same tiles and strategies lead to her buffs becoming negligible in action because crouching makes her lose distance since the survivor simply drops the pallet and runs away to gain more distance, ergo she is forced out of her killer ability. This makes her ambush and crouch buffs minimized and unreliable to use across a variety of similar situations. This is apparent on even her strongest maps for stealth/ambushing like Midwich. We do not think these changes will bring about the intended outcome they provide a solution for in their current state.

     We would appreciate more buffs in this department. We know you cannot make her unreasonably strong, so we reasonably encourage you to take into close consideration the slowdown brought on by her Reverse Bear Traps (RBTs). Promoting unfun playstyles is the last thing we ask for, but it is apparent that these initial number buffs are just not enough to bring Pig past how she performs currently overall.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge that buffs to her chase will require a tradeoff, as the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Throughout a number of updates, there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however, the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer is halted while in a chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counterplay for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are:

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    These nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s make forcing a head pop kill longer, more tedious, and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. It does not prevent killer from tunneling the first surv they see with a trap on their head. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and having it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of auras is more an annoyance than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorize Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players because of the random spawning algorithm. On indoor maps, because they are small maps you can run into surv doing the box cause of how they spawn, and tunnel them that way just playing the game...It doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to tunnel or force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly: -

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes.
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future-proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath, these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you find the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. A Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress. The Pig now has to actively push you off a box, which will activate the chase timer pause. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Killer doesn't happen to find you at that moment). 

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester

    Ship it! Nice work!

    Approve of all additions and grammatical corrections ^^


    Edit: Unless anyone has anything they'd want to add, does anyone want to volunteer to do the honours? :P

    Also just because I have to cleanse myself of this awful pun... SAWciety of Swine. I know it's pure pain in text form... but I had to put it somewhere to get it out of my brain xD

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658226#Comment_3658226

    Ship it! Nice work!

    Approve of all additions and grammatical corrections ^^

    Edit: Unless anyone has anything they'd want to add, does anyone want to volunteer to do the honours? :P

    Also just because I have to cleanse myself of this awful pun... SAWciety of Swine. I know it's pure pain in text form... but I had to put it somewhere to get it out of my brain xD

    ...We live.. in a SAWciety...🤣. Thanks, I hate it. Now it'll be stuck in my head.

    I gotta stop looking at this or i'll want to edit more,. Great work everyone. I'm ready to spread the word! Where do we start???

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658238#Comment_3658238

    ...We live.. in a SAWciety...🤣. Thanks, I hate it. Now it'll be stuck in my head.

    I gotta stop looking at this or i'll want to edit more,. Great work everyone. I'm ready to spread the word! Where do we start???

    If we're happy, maybe wait for @radiantHero23 to sign off, then we just post I suppose...

    I was tempted to comission C3 Tooth to draw a frustrated/sad Amanda gesturing to a broken RBT on a table while looking up at the Entity with the caption:

    Entity : "I have tried to help you, Amanda."

    Amanda : "Then help me! Fix me! Fix me m-----f-----! I'm standing right here!"

    However they're based in Vietnam apparently and I can't find what comission service they're using in a timely manner ^^

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658244#Comment_3658244

    If we're happy, maybe wait for @radiantHero23 to sign off, then we just post I suppose...

    I was tempted to comission C3 Tooth to draw a frustrated/sad Amanda gesturing to a broken RBT on a table while looking up at the Entity with the caption:

    Entity : "I have tried to help you, Amanda."

    Amanda : "Then help me! Fix me! Fix me m-----f-----! I'm standing right here!"

    However they're based in Vietnam apparently and I can't find what comission service they're using in a timely manner ^^

    Sounds good to me!

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658244#Comment_3658244

    If we're happy, maybe wait for @radiantHero23 to sign off, then we just post I suppose...

    I was tempted to comission C3 Tooth to draw a frustrated/sad Amanda gesturing to a broken RBT on a table while looking up at the Entity with the caption:

    Entity : "I have tried to help you, Amanda."

    Amanda : "Then help me! Fix me! Fix me m-----f-----! I'm standing right here!"

    However they're based in Vietnam apparently and I can't find what comission service they're using in a timely manner ^^

    You can find the link that you can send request for drawing to C3Tooth in their forum profile

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658244#Comment_3658244

    If we're happy, maybe wait for @radiantHero23 to sign off, then we just post I suppose...

    I was tempted to comission C3 Tooth to draw a frustrated/sad Amanda gesturing to a broken RBT on a table while looking up at the Entity with the caption:

    Entity : "I have tried to help you, Amanda."

    Amanda : "Then help me! Fix me! Fix me m-----f-----! I'm standing right here!"

    However they're based in Vietnam apparently and I can't find what comission service they're using in a timely manner ^^

    Im so sorry guys, I'm delaying this important matter...

    @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Edit below.

    Her Chase

    First of all, BHVR, we are a humble group of Pig players who want to thank you for turning attention to our Killer. We would like to go on the record as saying we believe your intent for the Pig is coming from the correct place. Improving her chase is a welcome improvement many of us have been eagerly waiting for, and we certainly approve of these changes to her crouch speed, crouch movement speed, and ambush changes. These changes have made noticeable improvements in her performance at a variety of loops, like the car loop tile on the Garden of Joy map, going around shorter loops around tiles, going around rubble & objects into straightaways, and expanding on the number of tiles she can catch survivors on in general.

    However, largely what this buff does not address is that she is plagued by the same issues as before, where using any pre-dropping, any semi-decent pallet, and holding W to run away as she attempts to ambush, will still beat her. These same tiles and strategies lead to her buffs becoming negligible in action because crouching makes her lose distance since the survivor simply drops the pallet and runs away to gain more distance, ergo she is forced out of her killer ability. This makes her ambush and crouch buffs minimized and unreliable to use across a variety of similar situations. This is apparent on even her strongest maps for stealth/ambushing like Midwich. We do not think these changes will bring about the intended outcome they provide a solution for in their current state.

     We would appreciate more buffs in this department. We know you cannot make her unreasonably strong, so we reasonably encourage you to take into close consideration the slowdown brought on by her Reverse Bear Traps (RBTs). Promoting unfun playstyles is the last thing we ask for, but it is apparent that these initial number buffs are just not enough to bring Pig past how she performs currently overall.

    Why RBTs need toning down

    We acknowledge that buffs to her chase will require a tradeoff, as the strength of her RBTs should absolutely correlate to the strength of her chase. Throughout a number of updates, there has been a rise in the number of strong scream perks, which has facilitated a less engaging and unfun playstyle for the Pig. Chasing off Pig boxes and forcing pops was always possible, however, the time efficiency of doing so was quite bad due to the need to force a survivor to let go, and the timer is halted while in a chase. With the addition of perks like Hex: Face the Darkness and Ultimate Weapon, interrupting boxes has become both easier and more viable to force head pops, with little counterplay for survivors outside of Calm Spirit. We do understand that something needs to be done about this playstyle.

    Why the current nerfs aren't the solution

    The current nerfs are:

    • The Pig can no longer see the auras of Jigsaw Boxes
    • Reverse Bear Traps now have a base timer of 3 minutes (was 2.5 minutes)

    These nerfs do not solve the problems players are having with Pig.

    The extra 30s make forcing a head pop kill longer, more tedious, and less profitable, but ultimately it doesn't prevent a Pig from doing it. It is just as much throwing the game as before; it just means the obnoxious Jigsaw box playstyles require a more direct commitment to do. It does not prevent killer from tunneling the first surv they see with a trap on their head. There have been massive discussions about how this hurts regular Pig play, which have typically gotten quite heated so we won't be dredging that up again, but these nerfs affect every Pig regardless of play style, even if the overall time denied survivors from searching boxes is the same. Survivors have counterplay if they work as a team and delay gen pops in line with when survivors get trapped; just allowing 15 seconds for the survivor to get a head start on boxes is enough to prevent a head pop. This +30s change undeniably hurts the overall pressure provided by her Jigsaw boxes, and working around and accounting for that pressure was always what drew people to the Pig, similar to how setting up as Trapper and having it pay off down the road was immensely satisfying, even if the Killer isn't especially strong.

    The denial of auras is more an annoyance than anything, it means that the highest level of Pig play will result in a need to memorize Pig box spawns, which is just an unnecessary irritation and makes Pig less accessible to newer players because of the random spawning algorithm. On indoor maps, because they are small maps you can run into surv doing the box cause of how they spawn, and tunnel them that way just playing the game...It doesn't address the problematic play style at all, as the Pig's who want to tunnel or force head pops will run Hex: Face the Darkness, Ultimate weapon, and maybe even aura perks to simply chase down survivors they want to pop anyway. Again this is hurting the regular Pig play style more than the problem Pig play style.

    Our Proposed Solution

    Instead of the nerfs proposed, we aim to target the issues Survivors are facing directly: -

    1. An active Bear Trap can no longer trigger while the survivor is still searching Jigsaw Boxes.
    2. And either: -
    • Screams do not interrupt survivors working on Jigsaw boxes. <- (Direct scream nerf for all scenarios)
    • Letting go of a Jigsaw box will regress progress at a rate of 1 c/s <- (Better future-proofing for other types of interrupt, but screams still can cause a pop if on the last box and the timer is spent... maybe rare enough to not matter?)

    These changes maintain the threat of a head trap and keeps the macro game of the Pig intact, where interrupting a survivor at select moments ensures sub-optimal choices from the survivors overall and buys pressure and time.

    In the same breath, these changes eliminate the 2 most hated parts of the Pig's traps.

    • That hopeless situation where it's impossible to get a head trap off even if you find the final box.
    • Being constantly reset on progress by a Pig forcing you to scream.

    We want people to enjoy playing against the Pig, and our hope is that these changes keep the tenseness of the head trap, while also eliminating the nastier play styles. A Pig trying to head pop you, can't just use a scream to interrupt your progress. The Pig now has to actively push you off a box, which will activate the chase timer pause. We envision moments where people who don't know about the head trap being unable to pop while searching will be holding their breath hoping they can get their trap off in time, while those players who are aware will be holding their breath, hoping the Pig doesn't find them in that moment (similar to how being the last survivor committing to open the gate is a rush hoping the Killer doesn't happen to find you at that moment). 

    With this, we feel the Pig will be nicer to play, maintain her fear factor for survivors without being obnoxious, and be more engaging and fun for everyone.

    Thanks for taking the time to read!

    Signed the Society of Swine

    @radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @Vanishlord @UndeddJester

    Well done friends!!! I have nothing to add.

    The only thing I would specify is with our proposed changes.

    The bear trap to trigger could also be understood as activating the trap. Maybe you could specify the "triggering" of the trap. Something along the line of : the timer will be paused at 99.99%, leaving enough time to search the final box. If the box is not the final one or a skill check I'd missed, the trap will immediately kill that survivor.

    I'm also not really a fan of the idea of preserving progress, but I can get behind it.

    Great work all around!!!

  • Had this conversation in a Discord today.


    angry 1.jpg angry 2.jpg

    My last comment that I did not screenshot was that we should end this discussion before I end up saying something I regret.

    I don't know if he didn't realize that I am one of the Pig mains behind that post when he called US scummy (my nickname is not Absolugrndzer0, briefly changed it to get the screenshots) but it made be very angry as you can see by the reacts. Especially since the worst thing a Pig player could do is exploiting screams to guarantee at least 3 head pops. I will never do this even for testing purposes, but I'm confident I could consistently pull it off with Video Tape, Crate of Gears then Hex: Face the Darkness, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, and Lethal Pursuer. Soon as the game starts, beeline for the nearest survivor, injure them, the go camp the totem. Nobody is going to be able to heal the survivor that is injured, even if they had a medkit, it's unlikely it will have a full heal left by the time they manage to pick it up, especially with Sloppy. So at best THAT survivor can get their trap off, do a generator... the others? Not happening. But this could easily be fixed by making screams not be as terrible as they currently are to those with traps.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Had this conversation in a Discord today.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3SG1XON6Q4SJ/angry-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7D7BPN68V9UD/angry-2.jpg

    My last comment that I did not screenshot was that we should end this discussion before I end up saying something I regret.

    I don't know if he didn't realize that I am one of the Pig mains behind that post when he called US scummy (my nickname is not Absolugrndzer0, briefly changed it to get the screenshots) but it made be very angry as you can see by the reacts. Especially since the worst thing a Pig player could do is exploiting screams to guarantee at least 3 head pops. I will never do this even for testing purposes, but I'm confident I could consistently pull it off with Video Tape, Crate of Gears then Hex: Face the Darkness, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, and Lethal Pursuer. Soon as the game starts, beeline for the nearest survivor, injure them, the go camp the totem. Nobody is going to be able to heal the survivor that is injured, even if they had a medkit, it's unlikely it will have a full heal left by the time they manage to pick it up, especially with Sloppy. So at best THAT survivor can get their trap off, do a generator... the others? Not happening. But this could easily be fixed by making screams not be as terrible as they currently are to those with traps.

    Check your messages. Sounds like you took the high road in your response.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Had this conversation in a Discord today.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3SG1XON6Q4SJ/angry-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7D7BPN68V9UD/angry-2.jpg

    My last comment that I did not screenshot was that we should end this discussion before I end up saying something I regret.

    I don't know if he didn't realize that I am one of the Pig mains behind that post when he called US scummy (my nickname is not Absolugrndzer0, briefly changed it to get the screenshots) but it made be very angry as you can see by the reacts. Especially since the worst thing a Pig player could do is exploiting screams to guarantee at least 3 head pops. I will never do this even for testing purposes, but I'm confident I could consistently pull it off with Video Tape, Crate of Gears then Hex: Face the Darkness, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, and Lethal Pursuer. Soon as the game starts, beeline for the nearest survivor, injure them, the go camp the totem. Nobody is going to be able to heal the survivor that is injured, even if they had a medkit, it's unlikely it will have a full heal left by the time they manage to pick it up, especially with Sloppy. So at best THAT survivor can get their trap off, do a generator... the others? Not happening. But this could easily be fixed by making screams not be as terrible as they currently are to those with traps.

    Well done keeping your composure. It's really annoying being constantly mischaracterised like that. I had to send a private apology to Seraphor the other day, as even if I don't agree, Seraphor is always polite, well argued and constructive. I unfortunately took out my frustration on them and was rude and reductive to one of their posts as a result of seeing my own (and some of yours guys posts) misquoted, the meaning changed and then used to demean/ridicule. It happened to be my response to them was at boiling point and I ended up being rather uncivil... to my regret.

    What I like especially is the add on "and make it worse". It suggests they didn't bother reading it really, just skimmed.

    Like how on earth does allowing a survivor to hold a box attempt even when on max blink, and making it so the Pig cannot interrupt you from a distance to maintain headtrap pressure "making it worse"?

    What gets me, is what exactly is the "problem" and what do they think 30s and no box auras is gonna do to fix it exactly? I can still follow the survivor manually, I have eyes. I even have a nice FOV slider to make sure I can crouch at a distance and watch all escape routes, then let H:FtD and UW do a lot of my work for me....

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    Had this conversation in a Discord today.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3SG1XON6Q4SJ/angry-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7D7BPN68V9UD/angry-2.jpg

    My last comment that I did not screenshot was that we should end this discussion before I end up saying something I regret.

    I don't know if he didn't realize that I am one of the Pig mains behind that post when he called US scummy (my nickname is not Absolugrndzer0, briefly changed it to get the screenshots) but it made be very angry as you can see by the reacts. Especially since the worst thing a Pig player could do is exploiting screams to guarantee at least 3 head pops. I will never do this even for testing purposes, but I'm confident I could consistently pull it off with Video Tape, Crate of Gears then Hex: Face the Darkness, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, and Lethal Pursuer. Soon as the game starts, beeline for the nearest survivor, injure them, the go camp the totem. Nobody is going to be able to heal the survivor that is injured, even if they had a medkit, it's unlikely it will have a full heal left by the time they manage to pick it up, especially with Sloppy. So at best THAT survivor can get their trap off, do a generator... the others? Not happening. But this could easily be fixed by making screams not be as terrible as they currently are to those with traps.

    Great job keeping calm I might of lost it at the last comment I am many things but I am not a scummy pig main and I know what I am talking about when it comes to her kit. They definitely are not a pig main.

    On a seperate more positive note

    @UndeddJester @Nun_So_Vile @AbsolutGrndZer0 @radiantHero23 We have taken a major step now that we have gotten Mandy's attention and she has passed it on to the devs. Lets hope she keeps us updated and the devs approve it.

  • @Vanishlord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659668#Comment_3659668

    Great job keeping calm I might of lost it at the last comment I am many things but I am not a scummy pig main and I know what I am talking about when it comes to her kit. They definitely are not a pig main.

    On a seperate more positive note

    @UndeddJester @Nun_So_Vile @AbsolutGrndZer0 @radiantHero23 We have taken a major step now that we have gotten Mandy's attention and she has passed it on to the devs. Lets hope she keeps us updated and the devs approve it.

    We really made a break through. I cant remember the last time, a dev / community manager stepped in to confirm that the feedback was taken into consideration. We all did a great job there.

    Big thanks especially to @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile for their summary - post. You both deserve a big BOOP from our lady herself. 🐽

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659828#Comment_3659828

    We really made a break through. I cant remember the last time, a dev / community manager stepped in to confirm that the feedback was taken into consideration. We all did a great job there.

    Big thanks especially to @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile for their summary - post. You both deserve a big BOOP from our lady herself. 🐽

    Agreed this is a major moment for the player base in general as like you said I can't remember either when they personally confirmed that they were sending it on to the team. This has proven that it is better to propose a solution to the problem then to just complain about it.

    Great job @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile!

  • Now that stress of that is over, can post something a little more fun.

    I never really formalised my application to the Pig Pen... I did have a plan for that day but its still in the works, and all of this forced my hand early xD

    So instead, if anyone is bored/wants a laugh, I wanted to share a game I had today as one of the last I will see of our lady in her current form... I was using a quirky little build I made literally to just get obsession kills for challenges. I literally just threw on the cheapest and most plentiful brown add-ons I had cause I'm tight. 🤣

    It was actually kinda decent vs. our true one enemy... pallets... I've included my thought processes in the description with time stamps 😅

    https://youtu.be/Gb3EZW4rIq0?si=UvgrvJR0_TDGJJCk

    Are my credentials satisfactory for an aspiring Pig player? Do be brutal, I've already spotted several things I'm kicking myself for 🤣

    Ps: Also hello box aura in my splash... I do hope to see you again... 🥺

  • @Vanishlord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659868#Comment_3659868

    Agreed this is a major moment for the player base in general as like you said I can't remember either when they personally confirmed that they were sending it on to the team. This has proven that it is better to propose a solution to the problem then to just complain about it.

    Great job @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile!

    @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659828#Comment_3659828

    We really made a break through. I cant remember the last time, a dev / community manager stepped in to confirm that the feedback was taken into consideration. We all did a great job there.

    Big thanks especially to @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile for their summary - post. You both deserve a big BOOP from our lady herself. 🐽

    @UndeddJester said:

    Now that stress of that is over, can post something a little more fun.

    I never really formalised my application to the Pig Pen... I did have a plan for that day but its still in the works, and all of this forced my hand early xD

    So instead, if anyone is bored/wants a laugh, I wanted to share a game I had today as one of the last I will see of our lady in her current form... I was using a quirky little build I made literally to just get obsession kills for challenges. I literally just threw on the cheapest and most plentiful brown add-ons I had cause I'm tight. 🤣

    It was actually kinda decent vs. our true one enemy... pallets... I've included my thought processes in the description with time stamps 😅

    https://youtu.be/Gb3EZW4rIq0?si=UvgrvJR0_TDGJJCk

    Are my credentials satisfactory for an aspiring Pig player? Do be brutal, I've already spotted several things I'm kicking myself for 🤣

    Ps: Also hello box aura in my splash... I do hope to see you again... 🥺

    rAPtR4M.gif


  • @UndeddJester said:

    Now that stress of that is over, can post something a little more fun.

    I never really formalised my application to the Pig Pen... I did have a plan for that day but its still in the works, and all of this forced my hand early xD

    So instead, if anyone is bored/wants a laugh, I wanted to share a game I had today as one of the last I will see of our lady in her current form... I was using a quirky little build I made literally to just get obsession kills for challenges. I literally just threw on the cheapest and most plentiful brown add-ons I had cause I'm tight. 🤣

    It was actually kinda decent vs. our true one enemy... pallets... I've included my thought processes in the description with time stamps 😅

    https://youtu.be/Gb3EZW4rIq0?si=UvgrvJR0_TDGJJCk

    Are my credentials satisfactory for an aspiring Pig player? Do be brutal, I've already spotted several things I'm kicking myself for 🤣

    Ps: Also hello box aura in my splash... I do hope to see you again... 🥺

    Oooh really nice leap across the tractor at 3:05! They made it so that's not possible anymore normally, but we can still do it!

  • I will say one thing, I'm super happy to see so many Amanda Panda enthusiasts still around, and quite passionate about her too! 🐷🐽

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Now that stress of that is over, can post something a little more fun.

    I never really formalised my application to the Pig Pen... I did have a plan for that day but its still in the works, and all of this forced my hand early xD

    So instead, if anyone is bored/wants a laugh, I wanted to share a game I had today as one of the last I will see of our lady in her current form... I was using a quirky little build I made literally to just get obsession kills for challenges. I literally just threw on the cheapest and most plentiful brown add-ons I had cause I'm tight. 🤣

    It was actually kinda decent vs. our true one enemy... pallets... I've included my thought processes in the description with time stamps 😅

    https://youtu.be/Gb3EZW4rIq0?si=UvgrvJR0_TDGJJCk

    Are my credentials satisfactory for an aspiring Pig player? Do be brutal, I've already spotted several things I'm kicking myself for 🤣

    Ps: Also hello box aura in my splash... I do hope to see you again... 🥺

    Me after seeing Steve playing so cautiously after he lost the first chase: "You was poppin' all that good ######### a second ago then you got kicked in yo' chest."

    I like what I see

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I will say one thing, I'm super happy to see so many Amanda Panda enthusiasts still around, and quite passionate about her too! 🐷🐽

    Right? It's amazing to see!

    Hey, @JPLongstreet , good to see you. What took you so long to get here? Lol.

  • Leaving this here in case anyone wants to watch it. More content on her changes by other Pig mains.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mid_RtidU2Y

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660531#Comment_3660531

    Right? It's amazing to see!

    Hey, @JPLongstreet , good to see you. What took you so long to get here? Lol.

    I'm a peasant consoler, so I can't go on the PTB and test all this out myself. Gotta wait like three more weeks and see then.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660538#Comment_3660538

    I'm a peasant consoler, so I can't go on the PTB and test all this out myself. Gotta wait like three more weeks and see then.

    Same boat. I am just going off what the patch notes say and clips I have seen. Lets hope the result in 3 weeks or so is what we want it to be.

  • @Vanishlord said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660662#Comment_3660662

    Same boat. I am just going off what the patch notes say and clips I have seen. Lets hope the result in 3 weeks or so is what we want it to be.

    Yeah I've seen a few give their views in a couple of vids, but it really matters what she's going to feel like with my controller, and if they alter any of the proposed changes from the PTB. Players mousing her around isn't the same for us consolers! 😁

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660824#Comment_3660824

    Yeah I've seen a few give their views in a couple of vids, but it really matters what she's going to feel like with my controller, and if they alter any of the proposed changes from the PTB. Players mousing her around isn't the same for us consolers! 😁

    Another reason among the list of 10000 others is why console players need a PTB. Feels like a broken record stuck on repeat at this point.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660860#Comment_3660860

    Another reason among the list of 10000 others is why console players need a PTB. Feels like a broken record stuck on repeat at this point.

    Oh yes I'd like that too, and I see the good it would do. And Windows or Epic cannot participate either, just Steam players. But I understand the reasons why they aren't looking to add it.

    First off it ain't free, Sony and Microsoft both charge for patches, and I imagine Nintendo does as well.

    Next all three of them verify all patches separately, which can take anywhere from three days to a week or more roughly. This is the exact reason Trickster's original release was delayed a week for instance. They could probably update the game four times a day on Steam if they wished most likely.

    Plus each and every Fog Whisperer is on Steam, all of them content creators. They showcase these PTB's for several days, with their content helping to bridge the gap until the next chapter is out. Cannot even apply to that program from any of the other platforms.

    This doesn't absolve them however imo. Both Minecraft and DayZ offer "experimental" versions of their games in the Microsoft store. Dunno about the PlayStations or others as I'm in Xbox. But both of those games have a separate tool to test things out on, perhaps DBD can do something similar?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3661490#Comment_3661490

    Oh yes I'd like that too, and I see the good it would do. And Windows or Epic cannot participate either, just Steam players. But I understand the reasons why they aren't looking to add it.

    First off it ain't free, Sony and Microsoft both charge for patches, and I imagine Nintendo does as well.

    Next all three of them verify all patches separately, which can take anywhere from three days to a week or more roughly. This is the exact reason Trickster's original release was delayed a week for instance. They could probably update the game four times a day on Steam if they wished most likely.

    Plus each and every Fog Whisperer is on Steam, all of them content creators. They showcase these PTB's for several days, with their content helping to bridge the gap until the next chapter is out. Cannot even apply to that program from any of the other platforms.

    This doesn't absolve them however imo. Both Minecraft and DayZ offer "experimental" versions of their games in the Microsoft store. Dunno about the PlayStations or others as I'm in Xbox. But both of those games have a separate tool to test things out on, perhaps DBD can do something similar?

    Bro if they added an experimental mode on PS4 I'd do something crazy. Like, play Pig only on a racing wheel.

  • Speaking of which my PS4 Pro HDD bit the dust the other day. So, guess who is without their console in the meantime...😥😫

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3661490#Comment_3661490

    Oh yes I'd like that too, and I see the good it would do. And Windows or Epic cannot participate either, just Steam players. But I understand the reasons why they aren't looking to add it.

    First off it ain't free, Sony and Microsoft both charge for patches, and I imagine Nintendo does as well.

    Next all three of them verify all patches separately, which can take anywhere from three days to a week or more roughly. This is the exact reason Trickster's original release was delayed a week for instance. They could probably update the game four times a day on Steam if they wished most likely.

    Plus each and every Fog Whisperer is on Steam, all of them content creators. They showcase these PTB's for several days, with their content helping to bridge the gap until the next chapter is out. Cannot even apply to that program from any of the other platforms.

    This doesn't absolve them however imo. Both Minecraft and DayZ offer "experimental" versions of their games in the Microsoft store. Dunno about the PlayStations or others as I'm in Xbox. But both of those games have a separate tool to test things out on, perhaps DBD can do something similar?

    Yeah pretty much this Microsoft and Sony and maybe Nintendo only allow a certain amount of updates per year I think which obviously might still be managable for them but as you said the verify process is probably a nightmare along with having to pay for it as well. An experimental sort of version would be nice. I too am on Xbox and not to mention I would really like to be able to play K&M on console.

1 … 3 4 5 6 7 … 22