How TOXIC is our community? (Poll)
Recently, I been hearing a lot of people say our community is very TOXIC. While I agree there are some fog travelers who can be quite immature, I can't say I agree with the exaggeration that are community is the most TOXIC community.
Please tell me what you think in this poll:
https://strawpoll.com/w74gga1a
Additionally, tell me your reasoning on why you picked a certain number! Perhaps the majority of fog travelers don't know what the true meaning of TOXIC is or maybe some things seem TOXIC but aren't actually TOXIC.
Discuss.
Please tell me what you think in this poll:
https://strawpoll.com/w74gga1a
Additionally, tell me your reasoning on why you picked a certain number! Perhaps the majority of fog travelers don't know what the true meaning of TOXIC is or maybe some things seem TOXIC but aren't actually TOXIC.
Discuss.
Comments
I gave it a 3 because it's not that bad tbh. People call toxic to everything, almost for just playing the game.
There are more things I'd like to say but I think you get the point. Most actions in this game are mistaken as being TOXIC which leads to more toxicity. Consequently, is why I gave this community an 8.
I never thought that’d be the case after playing a MOBA.
It's honestly not too bad. I gave it a 7 since it can be extreme at times, but the times where I've had slurs and insults thrown my way are few and far between.
Hands down the most toxic community I've ever seen. The only game where I have to make my steam profile private and change my username constantly.
Yep, I've played League of Legends, DotA2 (Primarily), CSS, CS:GO and a few others and this is hands down the most toxic community I've played with. My profile would probably be public if I'd never have picked this game up tbh.
I blame the devs for allowing it to get this way tbh. Plenty of opportunities for them to address toxicity aside from the garbage report system we have atm.
######### christ, finally someone that say that he is doing a poll is actually using a tool like strawpool instead of asking people to answer 1 or 2 in the comment
It's a ######### christmas miracle
Tbh i don't understand why there's no poll option when creating a discussion. I've suggested it twice, one in Wishlist and the other one in Forum Feedback.
Take that back you (Insert character main here)! You're just a salty try hard, Git Gud mate! (Insert Photoshop DBD meme here)!
There's a lot of suggestions on how to improve their forum but I'm convinced they're leaving it as is for now since it seemed like they stopped working on the forum abruptly during the time they were asking for feedback.
Like this thread is still getting updated yet I see a lot of unfinished stuff listed.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/765/beta-forums-public-changelog-and-wip-stuff
I'd honestly like to know the progress on some of that stuff.
This one would be awesome: "Ability to send a private message to another member."
Hazmat suits and Geiger counters required before venturing outside.
Worse is that it is actually already implemented, but only moderator can use it, I got an mp from Peanit when I did a suggestion about the chinesse spam bot on one of the spam thread.
Yeah i know, i meant allowed for peasants like us.
I thought that was available at the start but they disabled it for users because spam. I said this about ratings but ratings / DM's should be disabled until you get 50 post for example and that would detour spam. Although one of the mods said that wasn't currently possible iirc.
Like yeah it would suck not having EVERYTHING at the start but it would prevent someone from just registering and flooding the forums with nonsense without a little effort.
I'll quit posting about this though sorry for derail @Nickenzie
On a scale from 1 to 10? Definitely 11......
Half and half.
From the player base to the gamers.
Half. We might only recognise the toxicity, never the genuine.
I gave it a 6.
It is an online multiplayer game so it automatically is inherently infected with toxicity. I've played many other online multiplayer games and, to be honest, DBD has its massively toxic players but all-in-all it's by far one of the better in that regard.
Just as quick examples of other games:
I'd give League of Legends a 9, maybe a 10, as it is easily one of the most toxic communities ever. SMITE is also pretty bad.
WOW is a 5. The community is tight and many are friendly but when it comes to joining groups you better be built exactly how they want you to be or GTFO.
I'd give FFXIV a 2, maybe even a 1, as it is by and large the best online community I've ever been a part of. Most everyone is nice and willing to help each other out.
I was about to compare the toxicity here to Call of Duty but in Call of Duty you can just turn the Mic on instead of messaging.
Still, 5/10.
Edit: I’d say 5? It’s half-half because I mean I play console, no end game chat and I’ve had my messages set to friends only for a long time so I don’t usually get anyone messaging me after unless they really are angry and go out of there way to add me which I just block them lol. So idk
I agree as these were similar reasons of how I rated DbD. Especially LoL where you can be stuck in a 30-60 min. match and 2-3 people are arguing in chat. Feels like a waste of time especially when players don't want to leave b/c they don't want to get timed out or lose rank. Not sure if it's different with today's LoL, but that's what I remembered in the past playing mostly for rank.
I haven't played in nearly 2 years (since Camille came out) but I assume it is the same if the LoL Forums are any indication.
The results are pretty clear. The vast majority voted that the community is more toxic than not. I voted 6. I feel that the community is more toxic than average, but not as bad as some people think.
@Nickenzie i just gave it a 5 and feel that was too strong. It is just the bad ones you remember most of all.
I'm chatting
A guy like you should [BAD WORD] [BAD WORD] [BAD WORD]
It's [BAD WORD]
I'm reporting
7 - I find it really fluctuates. I work shift work IRL so I play all hours. Off peak hours I find everyone is pretty chill. Primetime hours (evenings + weekends) I find it really ramps up. I think it has more todo with the games genre attracting kids and early teenagers. Any time kids are out it gets toxic.
That is totaly my post. Never have i ever encountered a community this toxic, and i play games (pc, console, board, and cards) in different communitys for over 35 years now, and started online games about 21 years ago. I never had my steam profile private before i played this game. now it is. Change my name from time to time.
The main problem from my perspective is the fact that a lot of players are killer or survivors only (or at least it seemed to be that way). In other games, your enemy today can be your ally tommorow, and since most games are symetrical, most people tend to see the same problems. Here, the "solo-playmode-players" have absolut oppsite goals and views, with some player like myself playing both sides almost equaly.
To me, toxic is mainly disrespecting your fellow gamers, no matter which role they take in this game.
Thats why i belive tbagging is toxic, because in the majority of cases it is meant to be.
But most of the time, its not the killer that is toxic (although that might happen too): Most of the time its the survivors, basicly encoraged by bad game design. Endless looping is as boring and frustrating as camping and tunnelning, but all three are not only fair strategy, but sometimes needed to achive your objective. But being on the receiving end can feel very toxic (especially when one side uses additional advantages, that makes the strategy more effective, and sometimes unnessesary (like having a rank 1 runner with his swf rank 13 vs the rank 13 killer, or being an experienced killer in lower ranks due to rank reset or deranking.
Also the excessive points one single player gets from unhooking (while the one luring the killer away or just being a second too late or just being more cautious (or the one not wanting to do the unhook while in terror radius)) promotes a "me vs other survivors" mentality.
A redesign for assigning bloodpoints might help here (no extra points for hatch, only 2k for survivel yourself, + additional blookpoints for each other surviving teammate).
Remember survivors actually lose points when someone gets hooked, so if they dont unhook then it hurts them. Hence camping works as survivors will rush the hook for the points.
Excellent design right there.
10 has the most votes. What a surprise. I main killer and barely get any toxic survivors so I still don't get it though.
I'm guessing some of those people believe simply looping, gen rushing or mildly camping is toxic.
Isn't that lovely? :chuffed:
Voted 9.
Turning my profile partially private JUST to stop getting an inbox message is annoying enough.
But i've still had worse in LoL than this, there's NO fun allowed in there.
Ha ff14 a joke u want a good community look up final fantasy 11s were teamwork is 100% needed for everything just about