How to handle with camping
So in my opinion there is an easy way to handle with camping.
When the killer is in a certain range the entity progress is interrupted (progress bar stands still). Maybe it could be a perk for survivors
Perk: Lost connection
While the killer is near the hooked survivor the connection to the entity is interrupted. When the killer is in a range of (8m/10m/12m) the entity progress stands still.
What's your opinion?
When the killer is in a certain range the entity progress is interrupted (progress bar stands still). Maybe it could be a perk for survivors
Perk: Lost connection
While the killer is near the hooked survivor the connection to the entity is interrupted. When the killer is in a range of (8m/10m/12m) the entity progress stands still.
What's your opinion?
Comments
Something similar was tried in the first PTB and abused by Survivors. This is a suggestion that has come up often since the game was released. I'd say at least once a week, a thread like this pops up.
The problem with camping isn't that the killer does it.
It's that the killer (scenario dependent) should be doing it.
Or maybe the progress is slowed down by (30%/40%/50%) in a range of (8/10/12m). This would be fair for both sides
It's the same principle, so no.
It's the same as the first idea, only it slows down instead of completely stopping. At tier 3, it'd slow down progression to a full four minutes. That's two solid minutes of tapping the space bar.
Punishing the Killer doesn't work, period. If punishment doesn't work with Survivors, why is everyone so convinced it'll work with Killers?
You want to handle camping? Stop trying to punish campers with a perk or mechanic, stop rewarding them by rushing the hook, and start using the actual, built-in counter: generators. There is no reason why a camper should get more than one kill, unless the Survivors fed him.
Best thing you can do is to run Kindred and pray for having good teammates.
Pretty much this, if a killer is camping just do gens. Wasting time running around the hook only rewards the killer camping.
They had plenty of chances. They had the chance to stealth, had the chance to win the chase (twice; it takes two hits to put them down), had the chance to be rescued by their teammates, and had the chance to wiggle free. Are you saying they magically appeared on the hook? Or are you saying that "having a chance" means that it must always result in success?
Can you at least explain why you believe punishment works for the Killer when it doesn't work for the Survivors?
lol here we go with the killers who want to reward other killers for camping, performing Class A Mental Gymnastics to blame the survivor for the killer standing 2 feet away from the hooked survivor.
Beautiful.
The Survivor can still escape, even while being camped, and they had plenty of chances to escape beforehand. "Chance" is not "certainty". There's a chance to get heads on a coin flip; that doesn't mean you're guaranteed to never get tails.
When they follow me to the hook, yes, I blame them.
If a Killer camps, that is because Survivors enjoy abusing the mechanics that the game offers and yes, a Killer should not camp the hooked Survivor, although Survivors have a lot of options to make the Killer be stun. Moreover, I mainly use a Killer and I naturally do not camp ,since I want to go find other Survivors and stop them, therefore the only time I would camp a Survivor is when all Generators are done and I make sure to Sacrifice that Survivor. Above all, the key to resolve this solution is for Survivor players to stop abusing the mechanics that are offered and if that is done, the Killer players can stop too.
Well yeah, I doubt anyone will argue with you there.
But when you have killers like this
You cannot.
Cannot defend our condone this gameplay.
Easy, block the killer with MLGA
here is download link
its officially allowed in DBD since the devs said its up to EAC, and EAC confirms its okay and they won't ban people for it
Console.
Sure I can. If the killer really wants to throw that bad then the survivors should take advantage and do generators. You can do at least 3 generators even 4 if the team is fast enough, and assuming the killer chased you for enough time to complete 1 generator the other 3 survivor are pretty much safe to escape (unless the killer has something like NOED but even then there is no guarantee they will catch anyone else)
Just equip BT and go for the yolo safe.
Or you just do gens and finish the game.
No matter what, the killer surenders the game by "facecamping" like this
I love your username lol.
They should try it in the next ptb
It's a classic.
I suggested such a thing and received heavy backlash. The complaints were mostly focused around the existence of fast Killers and "camping from a distance" (lulwut).
it almost looks like...trolling.
Its really easy. If someone is standing in front of a hook, go do the gens. Sure one dies, and that sucks, but that one person costs the killer a pip, and lets everyone else get 1-2 pips for free. And yea, that one person doesn't get to play the game anymore, but they got 2 play, failed 2 chases, and still gave their team the game by occupying the killer.
As a killer, if I see 1-2 other survivors trying to unhook them, you're right that I'm gonna stand there at the hook. Every second that the 3 survivors waste trying to unhook from a camping killer just rewards the killer that much more.
Think about it like this: What is the objective of each player in the game?
Survivors: Do gens, power exit gates, escape
Killers: Kill
If the Killer is camping a kill, and the survivors are hovering around the hook instead of doing gens, then the killer is being efficient. He's completing his objective while stopping the other team from doing theirs. He can only stop you if you play his game. Don't. Do your gens, and survive.
lol, who am i trying to kid? we all know such things don't exist or there would be a reason to leave a match early. simply not real.
If I am.going to camp, i am going to camp regardless of consequences.
How about punishing the survivor's for teabagging?
Same thing.
Just play the game
same thing only teabagging doesn't force a loss.
https://i.giphy.com/media/bge3Lqq8MSwb6/giphy.mp4
How many time is this propostition going to get made?
how often do you have to write this comment? xD
like, you gotta be having a Draft or something similar saved somewhere that you just copy and pase into posts like this xD
I get that, and it sucks, but it's not the Killer's fault. Put the blame where it is and start punishing Survivors who reward camping instead of Killers who take advantage of it.
I understand a SWF group, but I'm also usually solo.
My linguistics teacher one told me that when I see a tautology, I'd have to point one out;
Not how to handle with camping! Sacré bleu.
I did my part.
I don't think you meant to say "tautology".