Does anyone love the Knight?

Like, I can’t be the only one, right? Overheated and also underrated imo

Comments

  • He looks cool but I’ve had more fun playing the tutorial then playing against him

  • Maybe people don’t love playing against him, but they hate playing against most of the killers. I’m more worried about the people who actually enjoy PLAYING knight. He actually has some interesting and fun tricks outside of just camping and tunneling and is pretty unique imo. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves

  • For me he is fun when you try to go for long path patrols and chases. Also it feels nice to send quickly a guard to break a pallet while you want to pick up a Survivor or break a gen or something. I like to send guards on gens to push Survivors and make them busy.

    3-gen is probably the best strategy for him as well as droppong instatnly your guards but I try to avoid it since it is boring to play him like that.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    For me he is fun when you try to go for long path patrols and chases. Also it feels nice to send quickly a guard to break a pallet while you want to pick up a Survivor or break a gen or something. I like to send guards on gens to push Survivors and make them busy.

    3-gen is probably the best strategy for him as well as droppong instatnly your guards but I try to avoid it since it is boring to play him like that.

    I don’t even agree that insta-drop is the best way to play him. Feels like when you play like that at certain loops, the survivor will just quickly run the opposite way, wasting your power. I typically play him only with long patrol path’s, taking advantage of multiple aura reads to cut survivors off mid-route.

    his 3 gen is great, but imo he is also one of those killers who can defend 3 gens no other killer can because his power gets such great area coverage and his guards are not easily ignored.

    I have gotten so many hits(even downs) from long-path guard patrols… and setting yourself for map wide double hits that actually pay off? I personally find that crap more fun than Wesker, Blight, or Deathslinger.

    I kind of made this post because they get crapped on way too much. People will say blatantly incorrect things like “he’s just a worse Artist” without ever putting in the time to see what kind of unique benefits the character has and how they can be fun at max potential. Same thing was done to hag most of her existence lol

  • @Doomzilla said:

    Like, I can’t be the only one, right? Overheated and also underrated imo

    Im with you my brother in arms.


    Santiago say something!

    Santiago(Jailer): YeeeEEEhahaHaaaa

  • @ARTRA said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366901/does-anyone-love-the-knight

    Im with you my brother in arms.

    Santiago say something!

    Santiago(Jailer): YeeeEEEhahaHaaaa

    That’s what I’m talking about, 3’s a crowd!

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    Really been enjoying him lately, with the dried horsemeat and map of the realm add ons he's surprisingly effective. Very underrated killer.

    Yeeees, this is why I wanted to make this thread. People need to realize the knight is actually a fun, decent killer. But he’s only ever talked about as a disappointment because of his pre-buffed state. After the changes, like the invisible placer buff, he got such a special place in the roster to me. I truly enjoy him more than I enjoyed Wesker at this point (and Wesker is way easier to play imo)

  • I like him, but I wish his power was less clunky with when you can activate it, and his 3gen was weaker. Maybe slightly faster time till guards start searching after being placed, it has a delay right now that feels kinda bad.

  • I dont love him, but I definitely appreciate him more than most people

  • He’s boring, likes protecting 3 gens and takes 0 skill to play. The knight.

  • I enjoy playing him at times, but I never really enjoy playing against him. For whatever reason whenever I play with friends and face a knight, that knight is not a pleasant person. Lots of hard tunneling, occasional face camping, and frequent BM.

  • I enjoy playing as and against him. Interesting killer.

  • I like his visual and audio design. His gameplay is just not my cup of tea. That whole patrolling an area thing doesn't really work for me (could be a me-problem though) and I find it pretty boring to set up a guard in a loop and try to force a hit there. It feels cheap. Playing against him means holding Shift + W most of the time and then trying to somehow break through his 3 gen. I don't find that enjoyable either.

  • I love playing him, he’s just bad.

  • I'm not much of a Knight fan.

  • I wouldn't hate him so much if only the sweatiest players in DBDs history wouldn't play him.

  • I don't see what satisfaction anyone can get from a killer where A.I. bots do half the work for you.

    People accuse Spirit of taking little to no skill but if any killer is guilty of that it's the Knight.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't see what satisfaction anyone can get from a killer where A.I. bots do half the work for you.

    People accuse Spirit of taking little to no skill but if any killer is guilty of that it's the Knight.

    I disagree with that, in so far that if you aren’t just throwing guards out at small loops in hopes of forcing W, that is not optimal and is a waste of potential. What he does well imo is occupy two survivors in critical points (sometimes even getting simultaneous downs, which is an amazing feeling) and dropping guards at points where survivors least expect it. I do like the Spirit comparison, but just because he can can be played in a brain dead way doesn’t mean he necessarily gets the most out of playing that way.


    I like using perks like Thrilling tremors to make smart determinations on where to send patrols. I almost see him as a hybrid Hag/Spirit when I’m getting into the mindspace of playing him, that means sometimes placing odd patrol paths that seemingly don’t make sense in order to catch survivors off-guard (no pun intended). It really depends how 3D you want to play him imo, and yes there are times when he should use his power to counter loops, but I’m saying he has more depth than credit is given.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    He looks cool but I’ve had more fun playing the tutorial then playing against him

    Seeing Meg step into a trap was definetly a lot more entertaining.

  • His visual design is on point. But his power is the least interactive in the game and makes me actively hate my life. He plays like Artist for stupid people, and 3 gen camping knights are the bane of my existence.

  • If you're a good Spirit player, you'll be long distance dropping guards easily on survivors

  • I like playing him, it's nice to have a non-micro power and just focus on the positioning of it.

    Just needs another pass on fixing jankness, and maybe another look at addons in the future so that running map of the realm and dried horsemeat/call to arms isn't basically the only good combo.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    I like playing him, it's nice to have a non-micro power and just focus on the positioning of it.

    Just needs another pass on fixing jankness, and maybe another look at addons in the future so that running map of the realm and dried horsemeat/call to arms isn't basically the only good combo.

    I agree.I would like more unique add on variations. I know it would be ambitious to ask, but maybe a whole new guard for one of the reds (either one he has now can be swapped tbh as neither are that useful imo).

    I have a difficult time with him on some indie maps/sections too.

  • I like to play as him and he is my new main. He is probably one of best killers on console persoanlly I get best result with him. But I hate to play agains't him as you just hold W until he catches up to you.

  • I really like the Knight, kinda reminds me of the Clown in terms of gameplay at times. He doesn't have a high skill ceiling but I'm all okay with it, not every killer requires dozens and dozens of hours in order to start being fun. He has a very menacing presence going for him and the guards are more than meet the eye. I'd say some of the flak Knight gets mostly comes from very unimaginative players who just park their guards in a specific spot in order to camp or to force the player to change tiles without even sparking a chase. They're capable of more than that, send them walking around a bit! Spawning guards correctly will force the survivors to do the moves that will advantage you, and I've often seen that survivors will show complete disregard of hunts, which often lead to easy hits.