Today Is the day i’ve uninstalled…

I’ve been playing Survivor more than I have killer recently and It’s been nothing constant toxicity match to match. I get tunnelled out and camped which okay it’s a strategy I guess but getting that every single match when you didn’t do anything toxic is not right. This match I just recently had was the last straw and it really sucks because I actually like this game.. I was going against a demo with a friend of mine he was extremely toxic to me from the start of the match for no reason so I just tried killing myself to just go next and not deal with it but he purposely went out of his way to not hook me and slug me and shake his head and nod at me for no reason and he was only doing this to me specifically because he didn’t do to my friend or my other teammates and I didn’t deserve that because I didn’t teabag or flashlight click or anything. Before anyone says I’m being overdramatic I’m not because the games before that was the exact thing so i’m done.

Comments

  • As if playing killer would, in any shape or form, be free of toxicity. 😂

    The number differential in opponents alone gives much more chance to encounter unreasonable toxicity.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353510#Comment_3353510

    Definitely, but I can actually do something about it on killer. It's very, very rare that I run into a team that can bully me. It basically has to be an active comp team that I'm not ready for, and even then I'll probably get a 1 or 2k. I can simply end the game at 3-5 gens most of the time if survivors try to bully me. I can't do that on survivor though. Survivors are only as good as their worst teammate in solo queue when a killer is being toxic or sweaty. So it feels much worse.

    Maybe you, but how many hours do you have in this game and how many killers are also just casual, not living in this game like some streamer (this part is not aimed at you but the general notion) and don't have your expertise to combat such survivors?

    Arguments like yours always come from the pov of someone with abundend experience on the killer side and argue for solo casual survivor.

    Either compare both to the same standards or not at all.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353860#Comment_3353860

    I meant "again" as in, another person who didn't read what i wrote. But way to show that you are really mature here.

    I did read it. Did you read what you wrote in your own initial post? It certainly doesn't sound like it ;)

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353678#Comment_3353678

    Again, you aren't reading what i wrote. I didn't say you should tunnel someone because they deserve it, or because it is toxic, or anything like that. What i am saying is, if someone is running dead hard, and i know they are, and i hook them. The most efficient tactics for me to beat that person, is to tunnel them off the hook, hit them intentionally, so they get deep wounds, then they can't use dead hard in that chase, then keep chasing them.

    This means they get a speed boost, but i only have to hit them 1 more time to down them. If i don't tunnel them off the hook, then they get healed, and then the NEXT time i chase them, i have to hit them once, then hit them again and 50/50 that i can bait the dead hard, or they don't reach a pallet with it, giving them a 3rd health state. Then hit them a 3rd time to down them, before i repeat.

    If i see them use dead hard, it makes way more sense to tunnel them right off the hook so they can't get any more use out of dead hard.

    I'm saying, that if you are playing to win, and they have dead hard, tunneling hard counters that. Good killers realize this, so if you don't want to get hard tunneled and die. Run something like off the record, and sprint burst, that way, i can't hit you right off the hook, you sprint burst away, and you have OTR so you get that extra health state without having to use dead hard or time anything. Additionally, if you sprint burst away, i'm probably going to ignore you and go after the person who unhooked you, because i can probably very quickly land a hit on them, and then start a quick chase with them, rather than tunneling you when you just zoomed away from me and are probably on the other side of the map by now.

    Tunneling and camping only work because survivors let it work.

    Once again someone shouldn’t have to change their whole build just to not get tunneled. Stop using deadhard as an excuse to tunnel.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353475#Comment_3353475

    Seriously, you run Dead Hard means you deserve to be tunneled now?

    image.png

    To be fair, not using DH encourage killer to tunnel more. Werent killers always say its smart to go for weak link all the time?

  • @Desteriaa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353705#Comment_3353705

    Once again someone shouldn’t have to change their whole build just to not get tunneled. Stop using deadhard as an excuse to tunnel.

    Why shouldn't they? You are coming at it from a perspective that it is not fun to get tunneled, or it is toxic or whatever that might be. I'm saying that you are less likely to get tunneled, if you don't make tunneling you the most effective strategy for the killer to use to win. You want to make it so that tunneling will make them lose the game. If you make it so tunneling makes them win, all you are doing is tempting them to do it more.

  • @solarjin1 said:

    nice try man....everyone know demo a good boi

    Who lied to you?

  • @TheAcidFairy said:

    I mean, if you cant take being 'bullied' in a game, I must tell you, life is 10x harder.

    Don't take it so personally. Its just a game.

    Y'all make constant posts about survivors bullying you and sweaty swfs teabagging you guys. Let's not go there

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/365789/today-is-the-day-i-ve-uninstalled

    "He was really toxic from the start of the match so killed myself"

    Then he didn't tunnel or camp you, because you were on first hook. Then you tried to give up, and the killer wouldn't let you. I do this too if a survivor tries to give up. Its BS, it denies me bloodpoints, it denies their team a chance at winning, and i honestly think it should be bannable.

    Better question you should ask yourself. What did you do to get tunneled and camped? Do you run dead hard? Because the best counter to deadhard is to tunnel someone off the hook, hit them, so they get deep wounds, and now instead of dealing with 3 health states, you only have to deal with 1.

    Try running perks that discourage the killer from tunneling you, not encouraging it. Run off the record, have your friend run borrowed time, run decisive strike.

    You didn't read the whole post did you.

  • the game is miserable for survivor right now and is been like that for many months... if u dont have friends better is to not play the game OR just play killer if u find that fun, sometiems i do play killer befcause id rather play killer than playing Solo q and im a survivor main, if i dont see at least 1 friend i dont play survivor UNLESS i have to do survivor challenges then i really dont care i know im gonna lose 80% of my games because thats Solo Q, you lose 80% of your games in Solo q, so u enter with the mentality of doing archives, and thats it. But yes the experience for survivor havent been so miserable in years, tunneling and camping needs heavy adressing. i wouldnt even mind if DS came back and usable 2 times, with 5 seconds of stun in fact that would at least punish killers greatly for tunneling and would be totally fair, camping + tunneling is the terrible disease of this game, and BHVR doesnt even care in the slightest.

  • @Desteriaa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353487#Comment_3353487

    Someone literally killed themselves on first hook… The game was over before even it started… I’m not playing a game where the killer is very clearly bullying me specifically… I don’t care about bad manners I wanted to die and go next but nooo he went out of his way to bully me like why would I wanna play that.

    Ah didn't realise that. I'll usualy be more chill with anyone who does it after someone's already ragequit/hook suicided.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353487#Comment_3353487

    But if the KILLER tries to nope me out of the game, it's just "strategy..."

    Hypocrisy. Got it.

    There is a difference though. The killer is supposd to kill, survivors are supposed to survive.

    I'm not a fan of tunneling as killer personally, and think the game should be balanced to discourage it more. But at the end of the day, it's the killer doing whst y should do.

    A surv getting deliberately killed in the first minute or two of a match is contrary to what they are supposed to do. AND they have teammates who have to rely on them to win, without backfilling, the surv team is crippled by someone noping put that early. And as killer I will do my best to punish people for doing that.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/365789/today-is-the-day-i-ve-uninstalled

    "He was really toxic from the start of the match so killed myself"

    Then he didn't tunnel or camp you, because you were on first hook. Then you tried to give up, and the killer wouldn't let you. I do this too if a survivor tries to give up. Its BS, it denies me bloodpoints, it denies their team a chance at winning, and i honestly think it should be bannable.

    Better question you should ask yourself. What did you do to get tunneled and camped? Do you run dead hard? Because the best counter to deadhard is to tunnel someone off the hook, hit them, so they get deep wounds, and now instead of dealing with 3 health states, you only have to deal with 1.

    Try running perks that discourage the killer from tunneling you, not encouraging it. Run off the record, have your friend run borrowed time, run decisive strike.

    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr people could stop playing this game and giving them money so BHVR learns a lesson, but yall are too special for that now, aren't you?

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353889#Comment_3353889

    There is a difference though. The killer is supposd to kill, survivors are supposed to survive.

    I'm not a fan of tunneling as killer personally, and think the game should be balanced to discourage it more. But at the end of the day, it's the killer doing whst y should do.

    A surv getting deliberately killed in the first minute or two of a match is contrary to what they are supposed to do. AND they have teammates who have to rely on them to win, without backfilling, the surv team is crippled by someone noping put that early. And as killer I will do my best to punish people for doing that.

    That's not your job though. The devs are supposed to punish people.

    The killer is supposed to kill. Again, with the hypocrisy.

  • @Xane said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353475#Comment_3353475

    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr people could stop playing this game and giving them money so BHVR learns a lesson, but yall are too special for that now, aren't you?

    You know, some people enjoy the game and don't find too much to complain about? I know, hard to believe that people enjoy playing the game. FFS, imagine if everyone playing the game was as miserable as some people try to let on. It just wouldn't happen, people wouldn't play if they didn't like the game.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3355813#Comment_3355813

    That's not your job though. The devs are supposed to punish people.

    The killer is supposed to kill. Again, with the hypocrisy.

    Idk what point you're even trying to make now. Don't see why players rage quitting and crippling their team is anything like killer tunneling.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3357132#Comment_3357132

    Idk what point you're even trying to make now. Don't see why players rage quitting and crippling their team is anything like killer tunneling.

    You said if survivors want out you're going to punish them and keep them in the game; they "shouldn't be able to nope themselves out of the game."

    I'm making two points. 1) Killers can nope a survivor out of the game and make the game miserable for them and the other survivors? But survivors can't nope themselves out of the game because it make the game worse for others? That seems very hypocritical. 2) Then you make the argument that killers are supposed to kill, yet you won't kill survivors who give up; you punish them when that's not your job.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3357281#Comment_3357281

    You said if survivors want out you're going to punish them and keep them in the game; they "shouldn't be able to nope themselves out of the game."

    I'm making two points. 1) Killers can nope a survivor out of the game and make the game miserable for them and the other survivors? But survivors can't nope themselves out of the game because it make the game worse for others? That seems very hypocritical. 2) Then you make the argument that killers are supposed to kill, yet you won't kill survivors who give up; you punish them when that's not your job.

    Right. Wouldn't say it's hypocritical because I said don't tunnel people out super early myself. And I don't approve of it.

    I get why killers do it. It's an effective, if lazy tactic. But at least it's gameplay. My issue is mainly survs who won't even engage with the game. Someone who gets downed once, sometimes not even that, and then simply gives up and refuses to play the game. had a twins game yesterday where I pounced one surv with victor, downed them after. When they got unhooked they ran straight to me and just stood there. First 2 minutes. There is nonreason to give up at that point. And it threw the game. Another player instantly DCd and the last 2 players had no chance.

    That isn't playing the game. It's just poor impulse control because they can't play thebgsme exactly how they want. It's childish and ruins a large number of games. I hate it as a surv because it's an autodeath unless killer decides to be nice. And I hate it as killer because it takes all challenge from the game, denies me BP and i fell bad for the other survs who are actually trying to play.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/365789/today-is-the-day-i-ve-uninstalled

    "He was really toxic from the start of the match so killed myself"

    Then he didn't tunnel or camp you, because you were on first hook. Then you tried to give up, and the killer wouldn't let you. I do this too if a survivor tries to give up. Its BS, it denies me bloodpoints, it denies their team a chance at winning, and i honestly think it should be bannable.

    Better question you should ask yourself. What did you do to get tunneled and camped? Do you run dead hard? Because the best counter to deadhard is to tunnel someone off the hook, hit them, so they get deep wounds, and now instead of dealing with 3 health states, you only have to deal with 1.

    Try running perks that discourage the killer from tunneling you, not encouraging it. Run off the record, have your friend run borrowed time, run decisive strike.

    I just had to laugh at your advice at the end! DS? Totally useless even when paired with Parental Guidance. Most killers wait out BT, making the 10 seconds negligible. It basically just delays the inevitable, does little in the way of assisting with tunneling with camping. No, don't get me wrong, these perks and others can help in certain very specific circumstances where the planets are perfectly aligned, but don't act like this is the definitive answer to tunneling!

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3353475#Comment_3353475

    I just had to laugh at your advice at the end! DS? Totally useless even when paired with Parental Guidance. Most killers wait out BT, making the 10 seconds negligible. It basically just delays the inevitable, does little in the way of assisting with tunneling with camping. No, don't get me wrong, these perks and others can help in certain very specific circumstances where the planets are perfectly aligned, but don't act like this is the definitive answer to tunneling!

    BT adds 10 seconds to your default 10 seconds. Most killers might try to "wait out" the first 10 seconds, but not the full 20 seconds. And if they wait out the full 20 seconds, you basically gave them at least a somewhat decent minimum chase. And even then 20 seconds should be more than enough time to get to a pallet or somewhere safe.


    DS is far from useless, barring maybe nurse. Generally, unless you are in a dead zone, DS should give you just enough time to get to a pallet. It gives you 3 seconds of distance which is around 12 meters. Granted with lag, and the drop animation this probably becomes around 10 meters. That still gives you a solid ~7-8 seconds before the killer can hit you again. Again ,this should be plenty of time to get to a pallet or window or something else.


    Also if you don't like DS or BT, OTR is an excellent choice that basically guarantees you 2 hits if you get tunneled. Additionally running these with say, sprint burst, means the killer has to catch up to you after being unhooked first.


    The point is, people are running perks that are countered by tunneling then doing a "surprisepikachuface.jpg" when they get tunneled. But if they run perks that counter tunneling, then that probably wouldn't happen much, or if it did, it would probably cost the killer the match.

  • you're not missing much.

    If you play survivor, you get hard tunneled or camped out of the game.

    If you play killer, it's all gen rush, dead-hard, and t-bags.

    Both sides are unfun to play at this point.

1 2 ›