Firecrackers
So, survivors get a no-skill-required instablind and instasave in the form of firecrackers. What are killers getting?
So, survivors get a no-skill-required instablind and instasave in the form of firecrackers. What are killers getting?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The Finger, could also be a valid answer
but, ya know... so not fair. xD
In your bloodweb, inside the golden presents, there’s a good chance it’ll give you Ebony Mori’s. I got 8 of them in a short span of levels.
Stop trying to find something to complain about.
Surprised those firecrackers even light with all the sweat on them.
Not sure about the distance because I haven't used them yet but I know that you probably shouldn't do them in a chase because it's obvious when survivors are throwing them and all you have to do is look away and strafe. It's not literally right behind either because there have been times when I walk right through the firecrackers in chase. Some survivors are getting clever with them, setting them off as I turn the corner. It doesn't take but a few times before you get used to those shenanigans tho.
It takes like a full second to trigger though. You can avoid it on reaction by looking up. Also it can blind survivors too, I've had that happen to me, and I think a Claud blinded herself when I was chasing her through shack because she dropped it, blinded me, then we were both walking into the corner like total boobs.
Yea I got 3 Mother's Rings and a mori in 1 blood web because of boxes
https://youtu.be/Bs3WRpTwWzE
They can also find them frequently in chests which is way better than getting a green key.
On average they're getting more kills than what would be ideal, balancing-wise. Maybe that's not the answer you wanted tho..
When some survivor drops it, just look up in the air lol
Someone tell Behaviour it's Christmas not April fools.
I've never had so many BNP. I haven't leveled a killer up yet but I knew ebonys would be everywhere too.
Jesus these people suck at using them though some are good but most just suck
they also destroy Hag traps with firecrackers, kidz
Gift boxes full of splinters and purple mist offerings
So many yet so effective!

How will we ever get out of this mess we've made?!
First 3 matches yesterday, 4 firecrackers. And a bunch of instaheals too. There's no way it's similar to using a flashlight, where the survivor has to position himself in front of the killer and point it at the right height. But firecrackers? These guys were dropping the things from all angles, and still getting results.
The thing is, after I started slugging everyone in every match, people started complaining for being an uNfUn TrAsH BaBy KiLleR.
I've always said, if it's in the game - it's game. So to counter them, slugging looks like the best solution. I was just asking if killers got anything similar in the bloodwebs. So far, zero ebony mories for me, at least 20 matches played ~ around 700,000 bp dumped.
It's not that much of a problem seriously ... just face wall as usual.
I like this item since some survivors use it smart to break a chase, not only making a save. It's cool.
So getting a no-skill insta-another chance is your idea of having fun, cool. Because, you know, at R1 firecrackers obviously are only used when the killer is stuck in an animation, namely picking survivors up. Well this thread was started bc I was getting flamed for leaving all 4 on the ground, which is my idea of fun too.
yeah yeah
Firecrackers OP
pls nerf!
fake a blind moment, watch them hide 3 feet away, smack them. lol. these aren't that hard to avoid... I'm not usually one to throw this nonsense around... but quit whining and git gud.
That's what I did after getting hit with those in the first match. Fake them, hit them, slug them 4, since it looked like everybody was bringing the thing (which they did). But they didn't seem to like my way of countering them. That's why I asked what are killers getting in exchange for an item.
Get your own color, dude
They're hilarious. I've been playing Spirit and I've gotten non......let's put it this way. Mother Daughter Ring, non stop usage for all my matches in the past 2 days.
Mother Daughter Ring>Firecrackers.
My bloodwebs are nothing to write home about. Did you prestige her? I didn't prestige any of my killers, instead going for the full perk arsenal. Maybe I'm getting shafted because of that, now.
Had an Adrenaline + DS Laurie use one while running out of the Exit Gates and didn't need to use em but did as a flashy (heh) exit xD.
I got to use one as Survivor when a Doctor kicked a Gen, turned around and got flashed.
They're for a limited time, and hardly a real bother imo. Jus enjoy the festivities xP
I Prestiged her about 3 months ago, I regretted it because I lost a God-like build I had with her, I leveled her gradually to 50 and I'm thankful for this new bloodweb.
I don't know if it makes a difference, it has on my Spirit but with my Pig, I've been getting great add-ons and I'll never Prestige her.
Killers complaining about fire crackers yet Killers have moris 24/7 365 days a year.
Big luls to be had reading this one, thanks guys.
Just happened to find one while doing a Jeff daily up against a straight-up face-camping LF. Was able to get the unhook because of it. It was absolutely fantastic; I see now why folks are loving 'em.
That being said, on killer, if you see the animation of that arm moving, just side-step it and keep charging, deal with the second-hand deafening, or simply look up if you have a survivor shouldered. Not sure if folks just haven't used them at the right time on me and they're actually unavoidable if used right or if the looking away is the actual counter, but it's worked for me every time thus far since I caught on.
Also, accidentally using one can be hazardous to your stealth health.
Cool. Nice knowing your daily sarcasm quota has been met. Keep it up buddy!
Yeah, no big deal after all. I guess I had bad luck running into a couple of death squads the first day. After that, usual gameplay. My bloodwebs are bugged I guess though, because I'm not getting the ebony mories and all the cool stuff everyone's talking about.
I won't, either. Too much grind in my opinion.
Without hard numbers, I honestly can't tell. Talking about those purple mist bottles, Why? just why? LMAO
Sarcasm? I'm deadly serious, a fire cracker that can be avoided by moving your camera slightly in any direction and there has to be a thread about it, while there's offeringass in the game that a killer can use where they only have to put 1/3rd of the effort into killing a survivor.
Isn't there better, more meaningful things to complain about, like map object placement and building layouts? lmao.
lol Survivors keep fumbling their firecrackers on me, I down them no problem.
Yeah that's true, maybe I just had bad luck in the first couple of games running into some experts who knew exactly when and where to throw the things, namely that exact moment when I was stuck in the animation picking people up. But no big deal after that, still killed some people anyway. Game on.
Something tells me that if I did just that, you'd still give the same answer. But peace, anyway. By the looks of it, seems I'm the only one disliking the firecracker things. I guess I don't get too amused with the festivities and stuff.
I hate hating.