New Killer Negativity
I honestly wasn't expecting to see the such negative reception the new killer is getting. From what I can gather a lot of it has to do with a perceived bad design, peoples expectations being way too high, and supposedly bad gameplay. Has any other killer received this type of attention in the past? I'm fairly new to the DBD community so a lot of this discourse is new to me.
Comments
Admittedly, not a huge fan of that myself, yeah.
I think it's out of sync with the actual step for accurate swaying (no matter how exaggerated).
every killer gets hated on to some extent. this killer is exactly what one would expect predator to play like tbh. the only variation that might have existed? thermal vision that is on a cooldown meter, but who honestly would enjoy that?
It takes a lot to actually stand up to some of the more exciting licensed releases like meyers and ghostface. even freddy - who gets trash talked all the time now - was considered amazing.
Off the top of my head based off the analysis we have available
Aesthetics
Power
Everything Else
Positives
A lot of this is just you not liking her on a subjective level, like basically everything in the aesthetics field, so I'll focus on the things on this list that are more of an attempt at objective critique. I'm also gonna gloss over most of the really minor stuff that could be fixed from PTB to live, like her slightly janky grab and her admittedly kind of over the top walk cycle.
In short, I'm not seeing much evidence that this is an objectively bad chapter, so much as one that some loud people don't like. The same was true of All-Kill, and nobody could reasonably call that a failure of a chapter.
I don't think hating a killer that looks like Crypto from Apex and plays like Knight but boring is unjustified
Her power and design could have gone literally anywhere off of the teaser, and the devs went with lazily rehashing ######### that already exists, one of which they don't even ######### own
I wanted a crazy flesh/metal security robot hybrid with a fun surveillance power, and i would have been completely fine with Brazilian millionaire with a predator claw if her power wasn't something I have already seen done but worse
Ive been playing since Clown.
This is the first time I've heard anyone gripe about the design.
Killer power/abilities? Most def (people said the Spirit should have old Prayer Beads as basekits! entitled KiLLaH MaiNz).
But this Killer is just lazy and lackluster.
I hope the community starts calling her Kris.
If this is the first time you've heard anyone gripe about design, you must've been on vacation for All-Kill or something lol
Even tho he is awfully wrong about her lore, her backstory is awfull, its as bland as it gets, tricker looks goffy as hell but his lore shows his psycopathic nature and his development as a seria killer, her lore has her development in one line of text which says she enjoyed killing one man with the claw(they don't even explain where the tech cane from or if she made it or anything), also they could have taked such a good approach describing hiw she enjoyed taking thr skulls of her victims and using them in their drones but they didn't, its a very lazy lore from a lot of perspectives.
Also even her model is mediocre, its literally trickster.
Her model looks nothing like Trickster’s? People on here really just say whatever.
Actually true, I was searching for thr vidro that overlaps their face models but it seems tricksters model was used to made hers but not a straight up copy paste, in that regard you are right.
At this point in DBD's life cycle..if they make a Killer with elements that obviously pull from something licensed..they will naturally get more hate. If you are going to copy anything so obvious from an existing franchise...at least make it amazing... This lady is meh at best and just looks so stupid... No appeal whatsoever.. Not to mention, it's just Tricksters face recycled... Lazy..
He's the only that's gotten hate tho.
Since Kpop-Prince, it's been...
Nemmy
Pinhead
Crow Lady
Ring girl
Dredge
Wesker
Knight...
I'm not sure where the cold feedback for any of those Killers... except that there are no crows in Argentina LOL!
It didn't. Dredge was nice
And Pinhead was good too. People are confusing game with the NFT stuff
It's still another example of a killer getting a frosty entrance that they don't deserve, same as Skull Merchant. A lot of the visual complaints are like, literally exactly the same, so people clearly learned nothing from All-Kill's inclusion in DBD.
Side note, the "no crows in south america" thing really bugs me as a complaint. Like, yeah, I wonder if maybe some extradimensional entity that uses crows as symbolism and messengers was watching her or something...
No, her lore is that she's a fatherless weeaboo who went on the sigma grindset. She's literally a Redditor as a DBD killer. Her lore reads like a bad Legion fanfiction.
If you wanna be reductive and read it through the worst possible lens because you don't like her, sure.
You've got it backwards. I don't dislike her lore because I dislike her. I dislike her because I dislike her lore.
And her Fortnite-tier visual design. And her Hag-at-home power. And her one-dimensional gameplay. And pretty much everything about this irredeemable piece of filler content.
The only similarity they have is their eye shape, and even that is a little off as SM’s eyes are angled differently. It makes no sense to use the facial structure of a male to model a female character unless they’re siblings. We know behavior can be lazy, but claiming they look alike comes off as nit-picky and makes it seem like you’re itching for things to complain about.
I mean is it that shocking? After the horrendous chapter that was "the Knight" with the insane amount of bugs after the PTB and errors on the maps it caused as well?
You're framing her lore that way even though it's inaccurate because you dislike her, is my point.
You're inclined to criticise every element as harshly as possible because you don't like her, too, hence you being harsh on every other element of her in this post- though, kudos for picking a killer to wrongly associate her with that people don't normally pick, I think you're the first person I've seen call her like Hag. That almost makes sense, honestly, it's way closer than Knight which is a really baffling association.
Wrong. People imagined all the different things that would be possible with her gimmick, but the disappointment doesn't come from that. The disappointment is that the Skull Merchant is a blatantly boring killer. She is weak, she has basically no power at all against an injured survivor (worse than Legion because they can at least screw you with deep wounds and go for the next), she has no mobility and overall there isn't much you can do with her. Is there anything reall cool with payoff that would require you to play this killer? Absolutely not. Everything she does, someone else does better and in a more fun way. She is a jack of all trades, master of none. Building up the exposed status and stealthing? Ghostface. Tracking survivors? Doctor and Artist.
Apart from her gameplay her visual design is just not appropriate for a supposed horror game. How is anyone supposed to take her serious? Even the Legion are more menacing than her because they look like absolute lunatics running at you with a knive. Why does her mask need to be sparkling bright and made of diamonds? I know she's rich but that isn't a quality that should define her appearance as a killer. Why does her suit look more like a mercenary's than that of a high tech assassin? Look at her animations as well. What is that walk? Nobody walks like this. It just looks goofy. Her mori is the worst in the entire game.
Overall this killer is a disaster in absolutely every way. Good luck selling it.
Personally, I do not have any expectations, maybe a hope for something cool. But it just isn't in any way.
Here's the thing she's not good st anything name something she dose better than hag
she can see people so can hag when they trigger a trap and she get get there in 1s
She can stealth hag is smaller and works with monitor because of the smaller terror radius
She can't deny loops hag can and can get ab injured off
She can't set drones near people
All the sm has is unique addons which is refreshing
You know why I criticize every element of her so harshly? Because every element of her is complete and utter trash.
Aesthetically, she looks stupid. Between the generic tomboy look, the failed attempt at edge, and the obvious emphasis on sex appeal, she truly looks more like she belongs in Fortnite than DBD. All the minor details are boring, too. Her mori is boring, her music is boring, her animations are boring. Her face is a copy-paste of Trickster's with minor tweaks—hell, she's even wearing his necklaces.
Gameplay-wise, she's the most bland and underwhelming killer I've seen. She's a trapping killer, like Trapper or Hag, only her traps do diddly squat. Zilch. Absolutely bloody nothing. They're so basic and ineffectual that not only is she incredibly weak, arguably the weakest killer, but there's absolutely zero depth to her power. All her power is, is free tracking, with no means to capitalize on the information you're given. All you can do is put them down in areas that a killer with absolutely no lethality or mobility has any hope of pressuring—so, three gens. Your power is the perk Surveillance.
I've already voiced my discontent with her lore. I genuinely feel like "the Girlboss" would be more fitting than "the Skull Merchant" at this point.
All of these poorly-done aspects of her are completely inconducive to each other, as well. Why is she called the Skull Merchant? Because she read it in her dad's manga? Completely ignoring how stupid that is, if she did take inspiration from this Skull Merchant character, then she ought to be acting out in a way that's worthy of a title such as "the Skull Merchant." Where's the part when she sells skulls? What about her power reflects her being a Skull Merchant? The skulls taped to her drones? Is that it? Where's the "Merchant" part? Is it because she's a ruthless corporate overlord? Then what part of her power reflects that she's a ruthless corporate overlord? Where did she learn to build the drones and the go-go gadget extendo claw she uses in-game? Why does she look the way she does? What about her look reflects her corporate ruthlessness or her merciless hunting? Why is she wearing half of a gas mask? Why is her gas mask BEDAZZLED?
Everything about this killer feels rushed at best and lazy at worst. It SCREAMS "filler content." And this isn't even getting into the survivor side of this update, because believe me, I have a few things to say about the new perks.
Already covered why you're misrepresenting the lore, so we won't delve any deeper into that.
For the rest of this, let's see here... Aesthetically, she's obviously fine. Everything about her fits into DBD just fine, and the only even questionable element from that framing would be the bedazzled mask- which, of course, fits her as a character, and since it's hardly the most ostentatious thing killers have access to with cosmetics and such, it's clearly not a problem. It's perfectly reasonable for her not to be to anyone's specific tastes, of course, but we must be careful not to conflate "this isn't to my tastes" with "this is trash".
For the gameplay, the one thing you've been right on so far is that she's weak. What her power is meant to do is obviously fine, it'd be a perfectly serviceable power - traps that give you tracking, undetectable, and a little bit of pressure to force survivors to deal with the traps aren't a broken concept, after all, in fact it's quite refreshing to have a little variety without getting another chase-oriented power again. She is, though, too weak; the stealth isn't enough, the tracking is a little inconsistent, and the power gives too much info to survivors. These are all, of course, things that can (and some of them at least assuredly will) be fixed between PTB and live, and it is of course not something that makes this chapter in particular trash.
A lot of PTBs have weak killers, some of them weaker than the Skull Merchant. Remember PTB Trickster?
As for her elements not meshing, I gotta say that this is the complaint I understand the least. I somewhat understanding thinking her mask is a little out of place, but the rest of her pretty obviously works? High tech stalker utilising her obscene wealth to invest in better tracking technology, using drones she customised based on something she regards fondly. That works perfectly, there's nothing clashing about it? I think people are really tripped up by the background detail that she drew some visual inspiration from her father's manga, and think it's a bigger element of her concept than it actually is. The name, too, is just a reach of a complaint. Is it a problem now for killers to have flashy names that rely more on their story/appearance than their actual power? We're gonna have to go back and change quite a few of the ones we already have, in that case.
It's fine to just not like her. I don't understand the urge to justify that by making it out to be a case of objective low quality. Isn't it enough to just say "I personally really don't like her"?
I mean of course the reception is gonna be negative when shes worse trapper.
Isnt it enough for you to just say “I personally really do like her.” and it be enough? It’s fine to like her, I don’t understand the urge to justify your opinion in a lengthy post.
^^^
He has an opinion and is entitled to share it. I agree with some points from both sides of your discussion but it’s obvious to everybody this is a filler chapter with some hiccups on the road. Probably a throw away Chapter so they can focus on the anniversary chapter.
Stop trying to shut down the discussion~
The manga thing is like 1/3 to 1/2 of the writeup. The actual serial killing part is almost a footnote in comparison to that, it's so weirdly written.
I generally feel similarly about all the lore things, I've never liked how they're paced. That's just kind of, a quirk of how DBD does lore, lol.
I'm not saying people are necessarily unreasonable for being tripped up by it, but it is disappointing nobody is putting any more thought in than a reflexive put-down.
"Aesthetically, she's obviously fine."
Starting with this and I've already lost the ability to take you seriously. No, a Spy Kids villain is not aesthetically fine in DBD, let alone "obviously" fine. Her aesthetic IS trash, just objectively. It doesn't mesh with any aspect of her own self or the game she's in.
"the bedazzled mask- which, of course, fits her as a character,"
In what way? In what part of her lore would she be doing things that necessitate wearing a gas mask? Why is it studded with my 7-year-old sister's backpack's jewels? "Man, the ink from these corporate ledgers sure are making it hard to breathe. Better put on my gas mask that doesn't work because half of it is missing." Like, how does it even remotely fit her?
"What her power is meant to do is obviously fine,"
It's bland, boring, and if you buff it to be not garbage she just becomes a monster 3-gen killer. Because people adore 3-gen killers, right? And even if you did buff her, why would I play her over Hag or Trapper? On a fundamental level, they just do what she does but better. Injuring and immobilization, or teleporting instantaneously to a nearby survivor, are just objectively fundamentally stronger than "Girl check your phone!"
"A lot of PTBs have weak killers, some of them weaker than the Skull Merchant. Remember PTB Trickster?"
Because if there's one thing BHVR is known for, it's making great changes off the PTB. Also PTB Trickster was way stronger than Skull Merchant, for the record.
"As for her elements not meshing, I gotta say that this is the complaint I understand the least."
It doesn't work at all. None of this is really fleshed out in her lore. They just smashed a bunch of concepts together and tried to make it work. Where did she learn to build these drones? Why does she look the way she does? How is she a Skull Merchant? Her look doesn't reflect any facet of her personality.
"Is it a problem now for killers to have flashy names that rely more on their story/appearance than their actual power?"
No, it's a problem when neither their story, appearance, nor power reflects that, which hers doesn't. If you're gonna be called "the Skull Merchant" then it should be a huge part of who you are, how you look, or what you do in-game. It should be indicative of your character or presence. The Wraith is called the Wraith because he's a ghost. The Trapper is called the Trapper because he traps people. The Twins are called the Twins because they're a pair of twins. The Oni is called the Oni because he's an Oni. The Knight is called the Knight because he's a knight. The Skull Merchant is called the Skull Merchant because... she likes manga. If her lore is that she's a corporate overlord who uses surveillance technology to hunt, why isn't she called "the CEO" or "the Magnate" or "the Overseer" or "the Boss" or any number of better, more fitting names? Why does it have to be the name of the OC I made on DeviantArt when I was 10 years old?
"I think people are really tripped up by the background detail that she drew some visual inspiration from her father's manga, and think it's a bigger element of her concept than it actually is."
And the reason people are tripped up about that is because it's really, REALLY goofy. "I kill people because my dad's comic books told me to!"
Thing is, all the elements are there. A bored rich girl turned high-tech manhunter? That's a lot of potential and something you could easily base a horror movie around, but then there's weird little extras like the manga muddying it.
In order:
No I mean legit look at the face models, either they are very similar or one was modeled after the other, not even lying look at the head model of both, there is even a video comparing them.
And regarding why use another character's model, you dont only use it if they are siblings, you can use it to save yourself some modeling fees, its easier to work on something that already exists than something new.
"Even tho he is awfully wrong about her lore, her backstory is awfull,"
Translation: Even though AJ is clearly wrong, he's clearly right and allow me to prove it by writing exactly what he did but with worse grammar. Your entire apply reinforces what I said
Idk man, you know some people's first language isn't english right? and my points are different from what you stated but go on, you are clearly on the right.
I really feel like some people are just permanently wearing rose-colored glasses. They like DBD/BHVR so much that no matter how low the bar gets its impossible to convince them that something is bad
What you said: Even tho he is awfully wrong about her lore, her backstory is awfull, its as bland as it gets, tricker looks goffy as hell but his lore shows his psycopathic nature and his development as a seria killer, her lore has her development in one line of text which says she enjoyed killing one man with the claw(they don't even explain where the tech cane from or if she made it or anything), also they could have taked such a good approach describing hiw she enjoyed taking thr skulls of her victims and using them in their drones but they didn't, its a very lazy lore from a lot of perspectives. Also even her model is mediocre, its literally trickster.
What I said: Although Trickster has a similar gimmick, his lore was objectively WAY more fleshed out and tied WAY better into his cosmetics than this lady so far. The lore also doesn't really tie well with her name, its very bland and low-effort. She has Nea's pixie head and Trickster's exact face with very minor tweaks to both
So again, you said I'm "awfully wrong" but then your entire comment is LITERALLY agreeing with everything I said.....All you did was word it differently
...They weren't responding to you...?
They were responding to me, who was responding to a user named BenOfMilam. Is that an alt of yours or something?
In order:
-Her aesthetic is unintimidating and doesn't do anything to invoke images of slasher villains, and boiling it down to "It's just a jumpsuit" is just plain wrong. Put her in a single-file line against actual slasher characters and see how ridiculous she looks compared to them. There's a lot of games she'd belong in. Games like Apex Legends, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege—not DBD. Slasher villains' outfits are grimy and mysterious. Hers is loud and obnoxious. More importantly, she doesn't carry herself like a spooky killer. She carries herself like an Egirl with a superiority complex. She literally has a runway walk in-game. There is nothing slasher about her.
-"She wears it to hide her identity" doesn't work because half of it is literally missing. Half of her face is shown. As for the manga inspiration... that's still such a goofy piece of inspiration to take.
-Just because Doctor gives information doesn't mean she's more similar to him than Hag or Trapper. The killer who puts down traps is obviously more fundamentally similar to the other killers who put down traps than the killer who doesn't. Hell, Trapper and Hag give information too, in the exact same way that Smerchant does: When a trap is triggered, you know someone is over there. And no, all that tracking and "consistent" stealth (which is just plain wrong, her stealth is the worst and clunkiest in the game), plus the once-per-match Exposed, mean nothing when you have zero tools to capitalize on it.
-"Buffs" do not mean "good changes." Nemesis was a fundamentally problematic zoning killer with RNG-based AI minions on the PTB, and two years later he's still exactly that. Trickster was a training wheels version of Huntress with a power that's either complete garbage or blatantly overpowered depending on the situation with little in-between, and two years later he's still exactly that. The only reason Wesker's changes were good changes was because he was actually a well-made killer that they simply gave minor tweaks to off of PTB.
-What does this point have to do with anything.
-You keep insisting that her name ties into her lore. It doesn't. She ripped the name from a comic book character. It doesn't reflect on her aesthetic, background, or gameplay at all. And yeah, Trickster's name is still dumb as hell. And the reason it's so annoying is because the rest of her is so egregious that it's just a cherry on top of this expired cake.
-If you're going to emphasize making your own connections to figure out why she has a goofy bedazzled gas mask and other dumb nonsense about her, then I say the connection that she was inspired to kill people because her dad's comic books instilled that idea into her mind is pretty obvious. It explicitly says in her lore than when she wasn't being a business tyrant, she was outright obsessing over her dad's mangas. It's pretty apparent that, had she not been absolutely fangirling over a comic book where the main bad guy kills people, she probably would've used different methods than killing people to further her own gain.
I didn't realize there was a whole discussion that happened afterwards, it took me straight to the bottom and I only read 2-3 comments so that's my bad for jumping the gun. I thought they were talking to me and it was confusing, I'd delete those comments but I don't think you can on here so all I can do is say sorry to Squbax for shooting first and asking second. The comment I was about to type up was towards you anyway though so I'll just type it here
I was gonna respond to your reply from yesterday saying you don't see any objective evidence that the chapter is failing, and to that I say of course you don't because you've said yourself IIRC that you enjoy playing devil's advocate. That's what it seems like you're doing here for sure, I don't know how anybody could say they don't have any evidence when this is the community's consensus already and that same community consensus is used for the majority of other DBD topics. Its funny how if a chapter drops and the feedback is 99.9% positive people will consider it a success and use that to gatekeep others from having opposing views but if the opposite happens the goalposts start shifting
Now all of a sudden everytime the community doesn't like a chapter for valid reasons "It's too early to tell guys, we have to wait until after the PTB" & "This is all subjective" - But its not subjective when everybody is creaming their pants for the most miniscule/biased reasons ever?? When people blindly praise things in DBD there's no time limit, but when people give well-thought out and fair criticism based off previous community standards its jumping the gun and frosty????
PLEASE explain to me the historical difference between DBD criticism on day 1 of PTB and DBD criticism on day 1 of official launch? Literally every single chapter in the past 2 years has had multiple things from the PTB ignored and required multiple hotfixes to close wounds. Even beyond that, there's a mountain of evidence from all the chapters 2+ years ago to prove that "Wait til after" is not a valid argument considering things have NEVER been guaranteed to get addressed with BHVR. I don't have to name the 10+ characters this has already happened too, all I have to do is say Twins and I think you get the point
PLEASE explain the difference to me between speaking on problematic character design/balancing issues on day 1 vs day 16??? Even WITH the Knight's 2 band-aids, is his gameplay loop ANY different than it was on the PTB? No, he's still the Knight lmao. Ghostface was still Ghostface after his PTB and Trickster (the most popular comparison to SM) was still the 'bugged and undertuned but massively-oppressive to weak loopers' Trickster after he released. This whole "Guys just haven't figured it out, wait and see she's not that bad" is just gatekeeping feedback unless it aligns with yours. I'd understand if DBD was some deep intellectual strategy game where there's thousands of combinations to work with and test, but this is an asymm that has already been datamined, number-crunched and optimized for 7 years by people from all different professions and skillsets. It doesn't take people with thousands of hours played to see glaring issues with content within a small timeframe
her power is ltierally a bunch of information perks mixed together. i guarantee if it wasnt for the exposed bonus, which is barely useful, she would be at about the same strength of a ptb ghostface (actually powerless). there's a reason why information perks aren't meta. you dont really need perks to tell you that survivors are going to be on generators, and many other powers have ways to use them for information.
if this killer could somehow teleport like hag does to a drone when a survivor is spotted, then she could do something and profit off the power, but then she'd literally just be hag with less traps at 115% speed.
you could play ghostface and expose mid-chase to do the same thing the new killer does but faster and better.
-You decided to stop arguing this point, so lol lmao. Though, for the record, your idea of what a horror villain can look like to fit that bill is far too lenient.
-Even if we pretend that literally getting your ideas from comic book villains isn't comical in and of itself: it doesn't fit her, and it just looks dumb. It's like Legion, edgy for the sake of being edgy. And if you can make the edge work, then that's fine. Edge has its place, especially in something as innately dark as horror. But her edge doesn't work. It's loud and garrish, and she looks more like a sci-fi action B-movie villain because of it.
-You decided to stop arguing this point, so lol lmao
-You decided to stop arguing this point, so lol lmao
-I mean, what does this point have to do with anything? What even was your point here? Okay, they didn't explain where she got her silly outfit from. How does that make her outfit any less silly?
-The name of the Skull Merchant is a footnote in her lore. Just like how throwing knives was a footnote in Trickster's lore, and that became his entire power. My point is, why are we choosing to focus on this off-handed mention of a fictional character as opposed to something that's actually, truly reflective of her? Hell, at no point in her lore does it she even adopt the moniker of "the Skull Merchant."
-Okay, she was a creep before she started reading the dark mangas. It's still pretty apparent to me that reading those mangas are very much what pushed her over the edge into becoming a full-blown serial killer. Also, no, she didn't murder anyone prior to becoming obsessed with the Skull Merchant character. She stalked a dude that she held a grudge against for the loss of her prestige, but it very explicitly states she did nothing to him in the end.
I'm surprised this is aimed at me considering I haven't been saying... any of this?
I'm not trying to gatekeep feedback and I'm certainly not saying you have to wait until after the PTB to criticise, that would be an insane thing to say. I think you may be conflating a few different topics here- when I talk about PTB to live changes, it is in the context of explaining why Skull Merchant's power is not fundamentally broken. There are changes she could get between PTB and live that would fix the problems she's got, because it isn't an element of her core design that's causing the problems she has- she's just too weak. Your comparison to Trickster actually supports this- he wasn't fundamentally changed from PTB to live, because he didn't need to be. He got a suite of buffs that took him from borderline unplayable, to pretty solid. The same could happen to Skull Merchant, and plenty of people - myself included - have been giving and encouraging feedback to make that happen, because that's what the PTB feedback is for.
You're right that time doesn't make any difference here whatsoever. You don't need to wait until her release, or any arbitrary timeframe after, to see that her core concept is absolutely workable and could absolutely be buffed up to work properly without a full rework. That is my point.
Similarly, when I say that things are subjective, it's... when they're subjective? You know, things like her appearance, where the only objective thing you can say about it is that it's serviceable. Whether you think it's good or bad is subjective, it isn't objectively amazing and it isn't objectively a glaring mess, that's a matter of personal opinion. When I bring up that it's a matter of personal opinion, it's to point out that "her aesthetic sucks" is not an indication that this chapter is a failure, because it is just a subjective opinion. People said the same thing about Trickster, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading that All-Kill is one of BHVR's most popular and successful chapters.
Personally speaking, I do not blindly praise or criticise anything. I do enjoy playing devil's advocate sometimes, but here, I don't need to.
What's upsetting is nobody has played her past day 1 that's how bad it was
She is Trapper, and her traps might provide you information and thats it
I know this is a discussion forum and it can be nice to have more extended debate now and then, but honestly? Some of you are way too invested in this. People are allowed to not like a character, simple as that. And if you don't like the killer, that's cool, you don't need to make up reasons why. Like, a reason you hate the killer is because the face behind the mask is supposedly the Trickster's? Give me a break. Nevermind that being behind a mask means the face has no impact on the experience whatsoever, or, you know, the fact that it isn't even the Trickster's face.
your list of aesthetics are blatantly false, and subjective.
Her face:
https://twitter.com/tiger_was_alone/status/1626935556503490561?s=20Her wall break is quite obviously not Nemesis'. I'm sorry but this is hilariously obvious from the survivor PoV.
Her walk is too slow. It's not out of place, it's too slow, so that it looks she's gliding.
Criticism is fine, but please make it based on reality.
Hmm, the wall break looked like Nemmy's from the Killer perspective.
It's entirely probable that they're using different animations. Remember, Bubba's first person anims look nothing like the third person ones.