BHVR - Who Thought *This* Was A Good Idea!?
Last maybe 5 killer games has at least 1, more often 2-3 people with Boil Over, sometimes with BO and No Mither - which, thanks to the wiggle changes is right back to 'it is literally impossible to hook me from these areas of the map and now I'm taking the match hostage unless you slug camp me'.
Sigh.
Comments
100k BP will fix it.
Oh no, are we back to the "Pray to God it's a straight line to the hook because if not..." Boil Over?
No...no please....please no 😭
https://twitter.com/tippy2k2/status/1500109418507259904I CAN'T GO BACK!!!!!!!!
Huh?
It's legit almost as bad as it used to be. Had someone abusing the second floor of Ormond again today, and they were 100% unhookable even with Agitation.
I can tell it's a console killer with the new wiggle because without running BO the killers for the most part have no trouble getting me to the hook - it almost feels like wiggling does nothing except when it's console and they have trouble getting through a doorway. If BO wiggle is that bad for players on mouse and keyboard it must be a nightmare for the killers on console.
It's not surprising it's terrible, plenty of us said this was a bad idea and they should do something else. I said just make the skill checks give extra BP for greats but leave wiggle normal.
I haven’t had too much issues with it. I’ve definitely seen a rise in boil over, but I don’t fight the wiggle. I just change my direction with the wiggle direction and I haven’t been wiggled once today.
Mm. Wait until someone uses this on you on Ormond.
Yea, i also never see anyone get boil over value even on maps with drop downs.
The Ormond main building, go down in about the middle of the second floor, in a room. You cannot be hooked from there.
Eyrie, second floor main structure, on the opposite side from the hook. Also 100% unhookable.
IWOM, control room.
Those are the three I've seen today.
Yup, I started a whole thread about this issue. As a console killer, the new wiggle system (even without Boil Over) is knocking me around a lot worse than before the patch. Boil Over is an absolute nightmare, it stops me moving forward at all and even crab walking isn't helping me maneuver through the environment to a hook. Boil Over = four minutes on the ground bleeding out. What fun perk design.
Meanwhile, I hit great skill checks as a survivor and the killer doesn't even sway, PC killers don't seem affected by wiggle at all, now. This patch made a real mess of things.
The devs know the controls are bad on console and they made it worse.
New wiggle seems to do less than nothing. Can't speak to the Boil Over part.
Well there is another solution to it.
I don't play it as much anymore as i used to, but i love playing as him this way.
Especially because not everyone expects scratch mirror Myers with no map offering, tho some love this and some hate this, i really enjoy the games like this.
And about this swf squad, i wish i had a chatbox to read their reactions, but I'm sure i didn't go as planned 😂
https://youtu.be/4xWUDMMx_kQI’ve had this same trouble on PS4 today and started a thread in the Feedback section, but no replies as yet.
They said they improved controller input to make it easier with this patch, but as you say I sometimes cannot move the character forward even in the middle of a cornfield with no obstructions; where even with extreme sway if I was able to move forward I would be able to get to the hook.
The complete loss of control over my character feels awful and extremely frustrating.
Its another case of something no being an issue for PC players but unfairly punishing for console controller users.
I hope the look into it asap, though I’ll probably just play survivor instead in the meantime as it’s just too frustrating, unfair and unfun.
I enjoy playing both sides though so I’m really upset at this.
This has made the new Boil Over quite annoying. I’ve already had multiple matches where they run to the tops of buildings where you can’t hook from or to corners of the map. It’s intentional trolling.
I had this the other day on Saloon. They brought the offering. Two partnered Survivors just continuously going to the upstairs room and were unhookable with BO, one with No Mither. I just kept slugging the No Mither-er until they bled out, the other I caught a couple times too far from the building and eventually killed. It was a very long and arduous match but I eventually 4k'd.
However, I am lucky that the others were slow on gens, and this was BEFORE the new update. So I'm sure I will be battling with this cheesy strategy again soon...
Oof yeah, haven't seen it yet but I know the exact room.
It's funny that somehow console got the short end of the stick when it comes to these wiggle changes.
It's VERY difficult to deal with on console.
Honestly, this is more because more people are now playing Boil Over with the Wiggle-Change. The Wiggle-Change in itself does not really influence the Killer that much. I was worried about that so I tested it out on the PTB. The 20% alone did not really have an Impact, the 80% of Boil Over however were impactful (with and without the wiggling, the latter one tested on the Live Server again).
I would guess there is a spike in Boil Over-Users now because of the Wiggle-Change, but this should solve itself relatively quickly. The wiggling in itself is not problematic IMO.
I can only imagine, because it's a gigantic sweaty butt to handle on PC as it is.
This...is going to have to get fixed because in a day or two it's going to be just like the game was right after the BO buff - just a massive griefing simulator.
It can be, if used in conjunction with specific map offerings.
Remember with realm beyond updates when they said they were taking "special consideration" when it came to console performance? I feel like when they say they do things for console it ends out being worse for us. 😂