Killers… don’t make a crutch for yourself.

Killer main to killer main, be careful of relying too heavily on this eruption & CoB combo. It’s bound to be nerfed. Especially if you are a less experienced killer, don’t get too comfortable. Remember the last meta shakeup? Many survivors were runnin around clueless without Dead hard and it was a slaughter for a couple weeks.

The same thing is bound to happen if y’all get too complacent with this current meta. When I’m playing survivor (incentive isn’t on killer) I see a lot of killers running full regression builds that are slowing us down just enough to maybe get a 2k, but they are absolutely lacking in chase. Once this change happens, those 2k’s will turn into GGEZ’s for the survivors.

I’m not saying don’t run it.. run whatever you want (I hate kicking gens so I don’t run any gen kicking perks). Just don’t get crutched on it and sabotage yourself for when it gets taken out from under you.

Comments

  • The only problem with eruption is the incapicitated timer. Just revert it back to it's old 10-15 timer because it's a perfectly fine perk otherwise.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309050#Comment_3309050

    Okay, fair.

    I honestly missed the part where you pointed out that full gen regression perks have problems in chase, which is an excellent point, but anything you said applies to any future meta as much as it does the current one. I ran Ruin/Undying on a lot of killers before that got nerfed, I run Eruption+CoB+Overcharge on a lot of killers now, and if they nerf that, I'll run whatever they replace it with.

    There will always be an anti-gen meta. Not having one would make the majority of killers unplayable past the soft cap.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309056#Comment_3309056

    Holding games hostage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as "holding it hostage" if you can still repair the gens. If you're not letting the killer down you, why should the killer let you repair the last gen? It's a two-way street.

    Eruption needs downs to work. If the killer spent all game camping a potential 3-gen, then there are four of you alive and unharmed by the time the game really begins, and it's on you if you can't get that gen done. Two of you working on the farthest gens and the other two trading off taking hits will usually do it.

    i understand. There is always going to be a meta like that, my only point is don’t let it be a crutch. Become a good killer without it, then supplement with strong perks to make you even stronger. Or else, when those perks get snatched, you’re going to be a weak killer. Example being the survivors after DH got nerfed and the only survivors that could last more than 10 seconds in chase were the ones who didn’t run DH in the first place.

    Then came all the doomsday post about this game hating survivors and they’re quitting etc etc.. the sameeee thing is gonna happen with a lot of these killers.

  • Aye, I've seen far too many bad killers get carried by Eruption procs/COB+Overcharge regression. Through sheer attrition and camping a 3-gen with these perks, they eventually create a dead zone large enough that they can secure two hits on any one of their 3-gens quickly enough and rack up the hook states until everyone is dead. It's gonna be a rough awakening when Eruption is inevitably nerfed into the ground.

  • Thankfully it will be nerfed and it most definitely needs to be as it is carrying killers in matches they really should not have won. I can honestly say I have only ever run Eruption once and that was to get my Nemesis adept (got it first try) which I only got around to in the last month or two.

    I have had frustrating matches where I have admittedly been salty because a killer has been carried by this combo and I have told them post match they are going to be absolutely screwed once this is inevitably nerfed if they don't learn to actually chase effectively and pressure the map over patrolling 3 gens the entire time.

    I cant wait for the inevitable nerf as solo survivor is currently absolutely miserable with this combo on top of the excessive tunnelling and camping

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Thankfully it will be nerfed and it most definitely needs to be as it is carrying killers in matches they really should not have won. I can honestly say I have only ever run Eruption once and that was to get my Nemesis adept (got it first try) which I only got around to in the last month or two.

    I have had frustrating matches where I have admittedly been salty because a killer has been carried by this combo and I have told them post match they are going to be absolutely screwed once this is inevitably nerfed if they don't learn to actually chase effectively and pressure the map over patrolling 3 gens the entire time.

    I cant wait for the inevitable nerf as solo survivor is currently absolutely miserable with this combo on top of the excessive tunnelling and camping

    It will come soon!! Stay strong!

  • @Heytherebigguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3308193#Comment_3308193

    what do you mean learn chase? you mean by ditching a chase to kick a gen? LOL.

    OMG, was about to comment just this. 🤣

  • If Killers wanna use slowdown, please do Plaything + Penti. I just love hunting Totems.

  • Every game killers literally dropping free hits and downs to kick a gen. OMG gotta get my eruption and the other 3 gen perks. Can't play without them.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    Every game killers literally dropping free hits and downs to kick a gen. OMG gotta get my eruption and the other 3 gen perks. Can't play without them.

    Anytime I’m playing survivor and the killer stops chasing me for a second to kick a gen with a spec of progress, I just think to myself how dreadful this match may turn out. 😂

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309055#Comment_3309055

    Lmaoooo. You did not just say “have an idea of when a survivor is going down”. 😂😂 in solo q?!

    You’ve gotta be trolling.

    ❌❌ Play safe and learn strategies to counter the meta ❌❌

    😻😻 Ask for a nerf because you're clearly incapable of adapting 😻😻

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309058#Comment_3309058

    ❌❌ Play safe and learn strategies to counter the meta ❌❌

    😻😻 Ask for a nerf because you're clearly incapable of adapting 😻😻

    Im interested to hear how Fog wise, Bond, Inner focus let you know that exact 0.25sec before a teammate is about to going down.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309058#Comment_3309058

    ❌❌ Play safe and learn strategies to counter the meta ❌❌

    😻😻 Ask for a nerf because you're clearly incapable of adapting 😻😻

    I play killer 80% of the time. It hardly effects me. Nice try though. ;)

  • Yeah baby killers playing no mobility killers need to learn how to pressure the map instead of camping 3 Gen areas. That's so boring!

  • @Veinslay said:

    Yeah baby killers playing no mobility killers need to learn how to pressure the map instead of camping 3 Gen areas. That's so boring!

    It’s how many of us learned. :)

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309058#Comment_3309058

    ❌❌ Play safe and learn strategies to counter the meta ❌❌

    😻😻 Ask for a nerf because you're clearly incapable of adapting 😻😻

    Ah yes, let me tell my random solo queue teammates to stop repairing the gen before Eruption procs and then watch them DC after it goes off.

  • @o7o said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309283#Comment_3309283

    Ah yes, let me tell my random solo queue teammates to stop repairing the gen before Eruption procs and then watch them DC after it goes off.

    Literally. 😂 I’m baffled.

  • Thanks for the tip.

    I'll use whatever I want, though - If I feel like playing to win, I'll use whatever I think it takes.

    If Eruption gets gutted, I'll most likely still do fine, given that I only use it on certain killers, atm, and did fine before it was meta.

    I appreciate your concern about my/killer perk choices, but it is unwarranted.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Thanks for the tip.

    I'll use whatever I want, though - If I feel like playing to win, I'll use whatever I think it takes.

    If Eruption gets gutted, I'll most likely still do fine, given that I only use it on certain killers, atm, and did fine before it was meta.

    I appreciate your concern about my/killer perk choices, but it is unwarranted.

    Ok? What was your point of saying that? I literally do not care what you use. If you do fine without it, good for you, the post isn’t for you.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309657#Comment_3309657

    Ok? What was your point of saying that? I literally do not care what you use. If you do fine without it, good for you, the post isn’t for you.

    Thanks.

    I hope that you, too, survive the Eruption-pocalypse.

    These are Dark Times, indeed, with only further Dark Times ahead :(

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309660#Comment_3309660

    Thanks.

    I hope that you, too, survive the Eruption-pocalypse.

    These are Dark Times, indeed, with only further Dark Times ahead :(

    I play killer almost exclusively man, so it doesn’t bother me too much.

    When I do play survivor because I don’t have bonus on killer, it’s majority of the time with my SWF and we are doing meme / bully builds without the intention of escaping. Lower MMR on survivor tends to give us killers that aren’t running this combo.

    Just wait till the combo gets kicked, and the doomsday posts start up about gens being way too fast and killers can’t win games anymore.

  • @Veinslay said:

    Yeah baby killers playing no mobility killers need to learn how to pressure the map instead of camping 3 Gen areas. That's so boring!

    I'd suggest trying Trapper and spreading your traps away from the gens, preferably in the corners of the map.

    Don't run any perks, either.

    Time to learn, son, time to learn.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3309320#Comment_3309320

    I'd suggest trying Trapper and spreading your traps away from the gens, preferably in the corners of the map.

    Don't run any perks, either.

    Time to learn, son, time to learn.

    Now you’re getting it.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    Killer main to killer main, be careful of relying too heavily on this eruption & CoB combo. It’s bound to be nerfed. Especially if you are a less experienced killer, don’t get too comfortable. Remember the last meta shakeup? Many survivors were runnin around clueless without Dead hard and it was a slaughter for a couple weeks.

    The same thing is bound to happen if y’all get too complacent with this current meta. When I’m playing survivor (incentive isn’t on killer) I see a lot of killers running full regression builds that are slowing us down just enough to maybe get a 2k, but they are absolutely lacking in chase. Once this change happens, those 2k’s will turn into GGEZ’s for the survivors.

    I’m not saying don’t run it.. run whatever you want (I hate kicking gens so I don’t run any gen kicking perks). Just don’t get crutched on it and sabotage yourself for when it gets taken out from under you.

    Never used them. Info perks are best

  • Eruption doesn’t give value unless you’re actually getting downs, ie learning chases. So I don’t see how that’s relevant to not use it so you can learn chases. CoB isn’t giving you much value either unless you’re once again actually creating pressure, which is downs. I get the point you’re trying to make but instead of focusing these perks it should actually just be “go perkless” because it makes the games harder. That’s essentially what you’re getting at. Those perks aren’t carrying bad players as you’re implying. I’d actually argue Eruption is good for the new players because it gives them enough time to make/learn chases without having the game completely over and then they have more time to do more chases (assuming they played well and we’re actually able to get the down). I’m not saying Eruption doesn’t need changes but to imply it’s carrying bad players and preventing them from learning is silly.

1 2 ›