Why did they give the Knight a perk for an add on? How dumb is that?

The Knight has an add on apparantly that blocks exit gates if someone is being "chased" by one of their spawns lol. We all know that survivors like to take a victory lap at the gate when it is opened, crossing it only when the killer shows up.


NOW apparantly you can't do that vs knight because they have an add on that NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT EXCEPT people who bought that character or who play this game all day. So new players, or players who haven't gone against knights with that specific add on and read it, will know about it, but if they launch their green ball spawn at the gate and it "chases" you, you can't cross the gate apparantly it blocks it, which is a PERK.


What the ######### are we doing with this game, add ons needt o BOOST abilities, not give killers extra perks, blocking the gate for example is a perk, an add on would be to extend the length of the spawns chase for example, it doesn't give knight an entire new ability. That's just insane, so now apparently we can't wait by the gate when Knight comes around, they gave the Knight an add on that kills the fun in this game, I have cross the gate asap now.


That's a major flaw with this game for new players, there are so many bull ######### perks and add ons and game knowledge that are crucial for knowing and enjoying the game in order to enjoy it in order to counter them or not fall prey to them. This is the kind of game where you have to be negatively impacted by said perk or add on before you learn it, because no one wants to sit here for hours memorizing every ability and add on, that's the downfall of this game.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3285123#Comment_3285123

    Oh please, I've been playing this game for like 3 weeks, I'm not going to sit down for hours studying every perk and ability, what I do expect is for killers not to be able to "steal a win" with an add on no one knows about, and let me tell you right now, most people aren't going to study all that crap just to play this game. The game needs to be balanced with balanced add ons that boost abilities not give new abilities, and perks (3 unique, the rest universal), I can learn 3 new perks, that's nothing. Now I gotta learn all the add ons too? And you can only learn the add ons if you buy the character or face the character and get ######### by them initially, that's the point.

    You don't need to study the game for hours...

    Just not take matches so seriously

    You had one (!) Match where the knight surprised you with a addon. You lost at most 7k bp. You learned and can move on with that knowledge now

    Next match the nightmare can surprise you with his gate blocking addon (yes this isn't just the knight who has stuff like this) and then you'll have learned from that

    If you want to to enjoy this game you really need to learn that matches are a dime a dozen. Not escaping one match because of something you didn't know isn't a big deal.

    Learn from it and move on

    Treating every match like life or death is a good way to rob all the enjoyment DbD has to offer

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    Listen you extremist killers, I am going to BAG all of you at the exit gate EVERY GAME I escape, I am going to wait the timer out all the way to the end, I want to force you to come and attack me just to miss and see me escape right after that, knowing you can't do anything.

    that's what I'm going to do to you all after reading the silly garbage comments on this thread, and if you get me once with some ridiculous ######### add on that no one knows about, then so be it, but it's ONLY GONNA HAPPEN ONCE. I hope you get super tilted, I hope I match all of you in the matchmaking so I can make you all look like fools, I am gonna bag, mock, delay escaping, etc I'm gonna find new ways to be toxic just to punish you neo-kilers.

    So you're taking the mature and thoughtful route then?

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    Listen you extremist killers, I am going to BAG all of you at the exit gate EVERY GAME I escape, I am going to wait the timer out all the way to the end, I want to force you to come and attack me just to miss and see me escape right after that, knowing you can't do anything.

    that's what I'm going to do to you all after reading the silly garbage comments on this thread, and if you get me once with some ridiculous ######### add on that no one knows about, then so be it, but it's ONLY GONNA HAPPEN ONCE. I hope you get super tilted, I hope I match all of you in the matchmaking so I can make you all look like fools, I am gonna bag, mock, delay escaping, etc I'm gonna find new ways to be toxic just to punish you neo-kilers.

    This is so sad.

    I feel really sorry for whatever happened to you that made you go down this path of frustration and anger and hope you soon find a way out of that pit.

    There is always a light at the end of the tunnel

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    Listen you extremist killers, I am going to BAG all of you at the exit gate EVERY GAME I escape, I am going to wait the timer out all the way to the end, I want to force you to come and attack me just to miss and see me escape right after that, knowing you can't do anything.

    that's what I'm going to do to you all after reading the silly garbage comments on this thread, and if you get me once with some ridiculous ######### add on that no one knows about, then so be it, but it's ONLY GONNA HAPPEN ONCE. I hope you get super tilted, I hope I match all of you in the matchmaking so I can make you all look like fools, I am gonna bag, mock, delay escaping, etc I'm gonna find new ways to be toxic just to punish you neo-kilers.

    Lol.

    lmao, even.


    I have to wonder if you know what the words “extremist” and “neo” even mean.

  • idk. I think it's alright. - It's a mean one sure but most killers have one or two really mean purple or iri addons.

    No one knowing about it will also just be a matter of time; just like people new to the game don't know the perk Bloodwarden exists. Eventually you'll come across it and then you know it is in the game.

    If you're afraid of it; just leave and don't wait for the knight to send his wisp. If you're on track to win by such a slim marging that the addon makes the difference; tough luck. It happens.

  • The add on only activates if you are being HUNTED. So if you see the green orb just run out before the guard spots you.

    And no, this won't affect new survivors as new survivors don't hang out in the exit gate as they are too scared and just leave as soon as the gate opens.

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    Listen you extremist killers, I am going to BAG all of you at the exit gate EVERY GAME I escape, I am going to wait the timer out all the way to the end, I want to force you to come and attack me just to miss and see me escape right after that, knowing you can't do anything.

    that's what I'm going to do to you all after reading the silly garbage comments on this thread, and if you get me once with some ridiculous ######### add on that no one knows about, then so be it, but it's ONLY GONNA HAPPEN ONCE. I hope you get super tilted, I hope I match all of you in the matchmaking so I can make you all look like fools, I am gonna bag, mock, delay escaping, etc I'm gonna find new ways to be toxic just to punish you neo-kilers.

    seek professional help my guy

    hope you get better :)

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    The Knight has an add on apparantly that blocks exit gates if someone is being "chased" by one of their spawns lol. We all know that survivors like to take a victory lap at the gate when it is opened, crossing it only when the killer shows up.

    NOW apparantly you can't do that vs knight because they have an add on that NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT EXCEPT people who bought that character or who play this game all day. So new players, or players who haven't gone against knights with that specific add on and read it, will know about it, but if they launch their green ball spawn at the gate and it "chases" you, you can't cross the gate apparantly it blocks it, which is a PERK.

    What the ######### are we doing with this game, add ons needt o BOOST abilities, not give killers extra perks, blocking the gate for example is a perk, an add on would be to extend the length of the spawns chase for example, it doesn't give knight an entire new ability. That's just insane, so now apparently we can't wait by the gate when Knight comes around, they gave the Knight an add on that kills the fun in this game, I have cross the gate asap now.

    That's a major flaw with this game for new players, there are so many bull ######### perks and add ons and game knowledge that are crucial for knowing and enjoying the game in order to enjoy it in order to counter them or not fall prey to them. This is the kind of game where you have to be negatively impacted by said perk or add on before you learn it, because no one wants to sit here for hours memorizing every ability and add on, that's the downfall of this game.

    Easy solution to this problem is to just leave when the gates are open and stop doing a victory lap 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • @daniel_owenz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3285101#Comment_3285101

    Exactly, it's dumb that the only way you can learn about it is to get ######### by it first. Those kind of abilities need to GO GO GO. I don't support wesker or pinhead having such abilities at all if it blocks the gate when the survivors already won basically.

    Pinhead stops you from leaving if you're chained. Wesker will automatically pick up an injured survivor if he collides with a solid obstacle in his bound--to him and all Killers, the exit is solid.

    These do not need to go, the former is very rarely useful, and the second is literally part of how his power works in general. It's not surprising.

    And if you lose to them, sucks to be you. Either you need to not dawdle in the exit gate like a moron and just leave so the game is over, or you only got to it with the Killer behind you--in which case, game wasn't over. It's over when you're out, not when you're dancing around on the other side of the gate. Very simple logic, that.

  • Thing is you didn't know about it & now after one game you got caught out by it & you now know about it so what's the big problem? It's like one game you probably wanted to tbag and got what you deserved anyway. Now you know that potentially the Knight might block you at the gate, but probably unlikely because there's better add-ons.

  • Nobody tell them how Victor works.

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    The add on only activates if you are being HUNTED. So if you see the green orb just run out before the guard spots you.

    And no, this won't affect new survivors as new survivors don't hang out in the exit gate as they are too scared and just leave as soon as the gate opens.

    I mean, this guy is a new survivor and it affected him. :P

  • You’re really complaining about an add on that you counter by just LEAVING? Maybe don’t sit and teabag in the gate and just go. If you don’t, you fully deserve to be caught if the killer brings something like that. You only have yourself to blame.

  • Sound like you wanted to stay in the game.

  • In other words, what is the intent of this discussion?

    Is it good manners to call some nice person who is politely explaining the OP's questions and complaints an "extremist killer"?


    I did not understand or sympathize at all. Does a survivor have the right to safely do BM T-bagging (aka Victory lap) at the gate and make fun of the killer?

  • I believe this discussion has run its course, and most notably with some comments made by the OP, so I will proceed to close the thread. Constructive and civil feedback regarding the game (both positive and respectful criticisms) is always appreciated and welcome, but attacking others for their points of view, are not ok.

1 2 ›