Hex Perks
Now I think we can all agree that Hex Perks are probably the weakest theyve ever been. Some of them are just outclassed by other perks that arent even hexes, meaning they last the whole game. Why run The Third Seal when Mindbreaker exists? Why run Ruin when Pain Res or Jolt exists? Why run Retribution when other so many information perks exist? There are so many options out there that Hex Perks are simply becoming obsolete.
A solution to this that I thought up is by adding a 5th perk slot specifically for hex perks, and making them all end game perks similar to NOED. This way you're adding a proper secondary objective for Survivors (and if they dont, they suffer the consequences) and youre not potentially wasting one of your 4 valuable perk slots.
Well enough rambling from me, what do yall think about Hex Perks?
Comments
I actually think Third Seal is quite underrated. I used to play it a lot and it's a complete solo slayer, yet people don't tend to cleanse it, weirdly enough.
I used to run all (or at least, mostly) hex perks when I started out, my go-to build as a baby Hag being her base perks and Spies From the Shadows. I like the concept of stronger perks at risk of being destroyed, but as you've said, the problem is that there are many better perks at no risk.
Even Devour, which is arguably one of the best and most rewarding hex perks, is presumably getting destroyed when the finishing mori will be live.
Hex perks are usually useless and a waste of perk slots unless you’re playing against baby survivors. If you’re playing against mid- or high-tier survivors, they’ll know where to find the totems and you’ll be down one or more perks very early in the match. Also, half the time your hex totem will spawn right next to a gen in plain sight.
I think the problem is hex perks ATP are just, well powercrept. The meta has shifted so far that unless you're forcing a build to work on newer people, it's not going to get value.
Ruin is useless right now, don't even bother trying to use it, and if u pair undying with it = congratz, ur wasting 2 perk slots now. I did around 50-60% of a gen, left it with ruin up, went to another 0% gen, completed it, and when I came back to the first gen it was still around 25% completion. You can just bruteforce against ruin now, thats how ######### the regression is.
Only hex I enjoy using these days is devour and I only use it by itself, if its gone, whatever, I still have 3 other perks to help. Shaman builds get cleansed really quick, so not worth gambling on it. I was trying Freddy with Devour, undying, haunted, retribution and I was playing perkless the whole match. Yea it can snowball and win you a match if things go right, but I prefer a more consistent build. Ironic I got more value from Devour by itself than trying full shaman build to protect it.
Will survivors also get 5th info perk then?
Well... making changes to Hexes will cause people to call for changes to the other side
Just look at the comment above^^^
No
They should get better UI elements such as revealing what every Survivor is doing (of course only visible to Survivors) and more tools to communicate. Maybe a chat wheel that can make Survivors speak in their native language that can be heard when another Survivor is close or nearby to keep that immersion, but add what theyre actually saying some where on the screen. For an example it could look something like:
Jake "Generator over here! Almost done! (78%).
Their voicelines could also be slightly different since every Survivor has a different personality. To add on to that a Survivor who knows the killer such Yun-Jin and Trickster could have unique voice lines.
I know whats said here is asking a lot, but as it stands we need better ways to communicate and receive information as a Solo Survivor
Naturally. Right now it's survivors (specifically soloQ to be precise. SWF are somewhat ok) that needs help.
Right now it's on the Devs to come clear about what they want and see the game turning into... Competitive or party
Cause once they make that decision then it'll be easier to handle
Also splitting those that want a competitive game from the those that don't want a competitive game would be easier once they make that decision
All of these half(word I can't type) attempts to ride the fence are (another word I can't type)
I proposed a change some while ago that got a few thumbs up, but eventually didn't get traction.
Entities Blessing: when the trial starts no totems are lit up and all Hexes are sustained by the Entity for 2min. All totems are dull and can be interacted by survivors, ie booned, cleansed for toom challenges/Inner Healing/Overzealous etc.
After 2min The Entities blessing ceases and all hex perks are transfered to any remaining dull totems in the trial, with the leftmost hex perks taking precedence if there are too few left.
This would give killers 2min of guaranteed value of their Hexes and prevent them from being cleansed within 30s into the game, while letting survivors do all their usual totem stuff and if someone would want to cleanse all five they wouldn't be effected at all.
I think that this is the best for everyone. Obviously the 2min protection timer could be twiddled with (1:30 maybe?) but I think that's a good start. A new killer perk could increase the sustained timer for a minute or something. All in all I believe that this system would make Hexes more viable and therefore hex anti hex builds more interesting.
Altwrnative: we could rewrite all Hexes in the style of The Knights new hex perk, ie they only spawn onto he map even they first come into effect. Would need a bit of tweedling here and there, but could probably be done without any perk losing its identity.
I still like my solution better:P
It would work well on some hexes (like huntress lullaby), but not on others (blood favor would be very much not fun, old ruin would have been OP).
I agree that some hexes need buffs, because other non-hexes provide same-strength, or even stronger effect. The problem is, that they are in a same ship as boons - if you nerf boons, you do so also to dark theory, which is weird to say the least and buffing them empowers CoH. The same can be said about say dhope vs crowd control
Old Ruin is no longer in the game, hence the moniker. But do you think that 2min (or 1:30min) of unrestrained Blood Favor are too strong? Its not a bad perk, but most hex perks seem to either get cleansed within the first minute or survivor's somehow struggle to find them at all.
I guess if hex perks were more viable you would also see more survivors specialising in finding and cleansing them.
I think it would be much easier to find correct protection time if difference between best and worst hex wasn't so large. Also cc is almost bamboozle with hex status, so there is that in this specific case.
The thing that really makes Hex perks weak too is the RNG for where they spawn. When I was using Thrill of the Hunt to rack up BP during the Halloween event, it literally dropped within the first couple minutes of my games at least 30% of the time. Even before that, my Ruin/Undying combo had the same effect where someone always found it fast.
My question would be, how do you go about making them all end game perks when there are a bunch not designed specifically for the late game (Ruin, Third Seal, Crowd Control)?
I do like this idea, making hexes appear dull for a short duration of time in the early game. Helps out a lot better vs Entity blocking them like Plaything, since its a gamble on which totem the hex could reside in.
Or here is a truly wild idea: each hex perk deducts a certain time from the protection times, the stronger the shorter the protection. And strong combos would also reduce the timer more then two rather weak hexes. This would make it a bit more complex, but allowed for more fine tuning.
Some are my preferite perks! The last time I played with nurse I loved playing all hex. Without devour as it ends up being a bit overkill. Haunted Grounds, Undying, Retribution, Pentimento. It is a sort of "Witch" build. People don't like those trials :') but I do. I generally try to role play with the builds for the sake of it.
But no I don't think hex perks are weak. Try to play some Devour-Undying-Haunted Ground-Retribution and you will have a build passively decimating the squad. If they don't cleanse they are done, and the more they cleanse the more they regret it :') + 4/5 hex take their time to find and cleanse.
true af. My hex killer is the hag, and maybe 80% of the games i'm out of perks after the first 2 minutes...
I think all hex perks should be able to be rekindled by the killer, and also, they should begin the game off, and the killer should go light them on themsleves. Let's say 5 seconds to get them on or to rekindle into a totem.