Eyrie + boil over= exploit?


if anyone doesn't know you cant hook a survivor using boil over on the upstairs of main building on eyrie of crows. The walking paths are too long and the drop down wiggle progresseion makes dropping not an option. The only solution I have is slugging to death which is boring, especially in a 4 man swf using this tactic. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is an exploit and how to fix it. More hooks on the upstairs of the main building, maybe 4 total could work. or removing the fall wiggle progresses on boil over, I get wanting a new meta but that part of the perk makes it unfun when this happens. Wondering if anyone else has any more strategies any killer can use right now besides slugging when survivors want to do this

Comments

  • @Diesel said:

    if anyone doesn't know you cant hook a survivor using boil over on the upstairs of main building on eyrie of crows. The walking paths are too long and the drop down wiggle progresseion makes dropping not an option. The only solution I have is slugging to death which is boring, especially in a 4 man swf using this tactic. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is an exploit and how to fix it. More hooks on the upstairs of the main building, maybe 4 total could work. or removing the fall wiggle progresses on boil over, I get wanting a new meta but that part of the perk makes it unfun when this happens. Wondering if anyone else has any more strategies any killer can use right now besides slugging when survivors want to do this

    There is a second solution. Not changing the entire map, or conditions of a perk because of 1 killers frustration over a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and move on

  • @MisterMister said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354461/eyrie-boil-over-exploit

    There is a second solution. Not changing the entire map, or conditions of a perk because of 1 killers frustration over a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and move on

    Not even mad. The few times this happens I end up winning because they are not doing gens. it's just boring to go against. This situation is similar to the reason rpd was changed in the library as well. It seems like an exploit that is easily fixed with more hooks upstairs or removing that part of boil over for future map design.

  • @Diesel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261939#Comment_3261939

    Not even mad. The few times this happens I end up winning because they are not doing gens. it's just boring to go against. This situation is similar to the reason rpd was changed in the library as well. It seems like an exploit that is easily fixed with more hooks upstairs or removing that part of boil over for future map design.

    I agree. I’ve had this happen to me on this same map, w a SWF. Their objective was not gens, but tormenting me. I did eventually get a 3k, but I agree it’s a long, boring match..I would rather avoid this situation altogether. They knew I couldn’t hook them w their boil over build up there, so they would take the chase there over and over and over…It’s not even worth the kills, if you end up beating them at their own game.

  • @MisterMister said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354461/eyrie-boil-over-exploit

    There is a second solution. Not changing the entire map, or conditions of a perk because of 1 killers frustration over a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and move on

    Here’s another solution, don’t be so rude. It’s now two killers, and there’s probably lots of others who do in fact encounter this exact situation. So I would say your “situation that rarely happens,” comment has no way of being backed by actual facts as to how often it does apparently happen.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261939#Comment_3261939

    Here’s another solution, don’t be so rude. It’s now two killers, and there’s probably lots of others who do in fact encounter this exact situation. So I would say your “situation that rarely happens,” comment has no way of being backed by actual facts as to how often it does apparently happen.

    How is the boil over situation any different than a 40 minute match against a killer with a tight 3 Gen using 3-4 Gen regression perks? That’s just how the game is played. As for it rarely happens, unless it happens every match, or even 1 in 20 matches then yes it rarely happens. That’s actual facts.

  • Its not an exploit. Its called playing the game. Also I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 hook up those stairs somewhere in the center building.

  • yea since this perk has been reworked it's kinda be creating problems where there were none before. They should replace the fall part of it with making it so if the killer tries to drop you you'll just auto wiggle or something

  • Has the same situation but here I actually couldn't make it to a hook. Lose lose situation for the killer in Ironworks of Misery

    @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    I was playing Wraith for a daily challenge and I found a very spicy group of survivors that were planning to do some sabo plays. They all had boil over, flip flop, unbreakable and breakout and sabo toolboxes. 1 was always on gens and 3 of them were all around me.

    The map was ironworks of misery. One survivor went on the top floor of the main building (where there are lockers and a window with a breakable wall) and I downed him to try to hook him. The closest hooks I had where outside (so I had to drop from a height) or the basement. Useless to say, I never made it to a hook and the same survivor always went up there knowing he couldn't get hooked. Since that for my challenge I needed to sacrifice someone as Wraith and the End Game collapse begun, I blocked upstairs this survivor who kept going there over and over knowing I couldn't make it to a hook. He died in that corner so I got my sacrifice for my daily.

    Who is to blame here? He really loved that corner so I made sure that he died right there on top of that damn main building :)

    But it also feels like a very dirty strategy that shouldn't be promoted but it's necessary since there's no counter to sabo plays other than slugging (which is not a counter, it's ignoring the problem where the killer can't make it to a hook).


  • There are some maps that are like this. Dead Dawg for example. But Eyrie? There are two hooks on the upper levels, you should be able to reach one of them.

    Remember Boil Over also hides hook auras close to you. Scout out the hooks before you pick them up.

  • @MisterMister said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354461/eyrie-boil-over-exploit

    There is a second solution. Not changing the entire map, or conditions of a perk because of 1 killers frustration over a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and move on

    No. Frustrating experiences should not be promoted and accepted. Every exploit of the game is immersion breaking and should be addressed

  • As much as I want to say "yes", but it's not. Just slug.

  • There's literally a hook upstairs. You just didn't see it because of boil over.

    That's the definition of skill issue.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    As much as I want to say "yes", but it's not. Just slug.

    Slugging won't work when the baked-in Unbreakable update is out.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262536#Comment_3262536

    Slugging won't work when the baked-in Unbreakable update is out.

    Is this update even going to happen? I don't think so. Bad idea.

  • @Random_NPC said:

    There's literally a hook upstairs. You just didn't see it because of boil over.

    That's the definition of skill issue.

    One hook for 4 survivors, plus sabo and body blocking is a thing. The trial that brought this post up was a full team doing this, plus a boon exponential near main building. Its not a skill issue, it's a map issue. Just like old rpd library.

    2 hook spawns are possible on eyrie, only one is guaranteed. Dead dawg and iron works dont have any hook spawns upstairs. If the base kit unbreakable happens this becomes even more abusable.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3262546#Comment_3262546

    Is this update even going to happen? I don't think so. Bad idea.

    Exactly as it was during the PTB, I doubt it. But some form of basekit Unbreakable is inevitable if they go through with the Mori changes.

  • @MisterMister said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/354461/eyrie-boil-over-exploit

    There is a second solution. Not changing the entire map, or conditions of a perk because of 1 killers frustration over a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and move on

    Complete indifference and "it NEVER happens" once again.

  • @MisterMister said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261952#Comment_3261952

    How is the boil over situation any different than a 40 minute match against a killer with a tight 3 Gen using 3-4 Gen regression perks? That’s just how the game is played. As for it rarely happens, unless it happens every match, or even 1 in 20 matches then yes it rarely happens. That’s actual facts.

    False equivalency. A 3-gen is up to the survivors. Don't get 3-genned, or once you do, don't go down in it. The survivors should win the war of attrition, even with 3-4 gen defense perks. The killer doesn't simply get a 3-gen either. They actually have to work for it.

    What's not up to the killer, and what doesn't take any work from the survivors, is going down in an impossible-to-hook area with or without Boil Over. They just go down and get rewarded for it.

  • Nah, it’s strategy, even if it makes the game annoying for the killer. Killers being maps to enhance their add ons or builds too, right? Even if it’s annoying for survivors?

  • I think Boil Over is fine.

    However, doesn't the main building already have one hook upstairs ? I'm not sure it's guaranteeed, as I've been on the receiving end of an unhookable survivor before and I don't think it was there. I guess it could be a permanent spawn if it's not already.

  • @Diesel said:

    if anyone doesn't know you cant hook a survivor using boil over on the upstairs of main building on eyrie of crows. The walking paths are too long and the drop down wiggle progresseion makes dropping not an option. The only solution I have is slugging to death which is boring, especially in a 4 man swf using this tactic. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is an exploit and how to fix it. More hooks on the upstairs of the main building, maybe 4 total could work. or removing the fall wiggle progresses on boil over, I get wanting a new meta but that part of the perk makes it unfun when this happens. Wondering if anyone else has any more strategies any killer can use right now besides slugging when survivors want to do this

    Boil over isn't an issue on eyrie. Not in the slightest, idk where you even get that from. There is a hook on the top floor and one near the corner which is easy to get to. Boil over is more of an issue on midwich/rpd and not enough to be broken or considered an exploit.