Is this playstyle bannable?

I just want to know something about several playstyles, and i dont want opinions from players, i would like some statement from officials.

  1. The infames 2 survivor left-scenario. I am often in that situation, but usually, i try to do gens anyway. However, i run bound in all my builds, and if i see a guy just hidding while i stay on gens, i will simply lose. If i hide too, it becomes bannable, right? So basicly, the other guy is doing something bannable that is not bannable as long as i dont do the same, right? So why is just hidding not bannable in the first place? Why is my action being bannable dependend on what someone else does?
  2. As killer, i sometimes run a "lern to get out" build. I do nothing the whole game, until the last gen is finished. Then my build of noed, starstruck, bloodwarden and aggitation kicks in, and i get everything up to a 4k. So i am playing the game, but just not the first half. Is this bannable?
Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260359#Comment_3260359

    A lot of people hate to hear it, but if there are only two survs left and 2-3 gens up, the game is effectively over. The ask is not for survs to accomplish the impossible, but to accept the inevitable.

    I'd much rather die in an utterly futile attempt to complete objectives than to spend 10-20 extra minutes playing hide and seek and waiting the other surv out. As a surv, I find myself in this scenario with some frequency. I will hide/immerse for a couple minutes and if nothing is happening, I'll just jump on a gen and let what happens happen.

    As a killer, if I find a surv trying in vain to complete objective and haven't seen the other, I will do everything I can to bait the hider out, kill them, and let the first go. Or just let them complete the gens (giving the appearance I am letting both go), and then kill the hider when they show themselves, with no direct assistance necessary.

    Playing just to avoid death and not trying to escape is really, really lame. Zero respect for it.

    Also, I'm always amused by people who think avoiding detection in a 2v1 scenario is somehow skillful. It's not. On most maps and against most killers, if your goal is simply not to be found, you almost have to be catastrophically incompetent to fail. Because the game is not designed as a hide and seek simulator; it assumes players are trying to progress the game.

    So to the OPs scenario, it's a difficult call. While helping a killer is technically against the rules, this is a situation that muddies things a bit, because refusing to work on an objective is also really crappy. And giving yourself up when the other remaining surv is just hiding, while being a better option than skulking around or 20 minutes, feels bad. Like you're rewarding them for refusing to play.

    I've never helped a killer hunt down a surv in this situation, but boy have I wanted to, and don't feel like it would have been wrong.

    I think there should be a mechanism to force action, like afk crows spawning when no gens have been touched for an amount of time, or just force starting the egc. I'm sure the entity wouldn't abide prolonged hide and seek contests, and players shouldn't have to, either.

    that's a long long reply, but i agree with every single word of it. afk crows makes the most sense out of all solutions

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260577#Comment_3260577

    Those situations happen to survivor and killer alike, they're caused by the game being balanced on averages and letting extremes go unchecked. Thats why I was saying they're just part of the game, there's no point getting caught up on them when they aren't going anywhere until the entire game's framework is reworked to put in better sanity checks and less advantage stacking. You're focusing on survivors doing poorly and getting punished harder without considering that the same happens to killers who do poorly, especially when changes like basekit BT got both added and buffed. Nobody's complaints are necessarily invalid, they're just part and parcel of how poorly balanced and designed the game is. It outgrew its scope like 5 years ago at this point.

    I really wish that BHVR could revisit the hatch and find some way to allow multiple escapes as before. This could solve the whole stalemate problem as it did before. obviously applying some restrictions regarding consistency

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260472#Comment_3260472

    and in this situation that other survivor is just trying to help you out finding that immersive rat, and that's the whole point

    It depends on the match and how much attention I’ve given it. It could be the snitch is a rat and the immersive player became immersive because the snitch sabotaged their team throughout the match. They could have hid all match or just moonwalk in circles without doing objectives and when it came down to two left, they helped you by snitching when they deserved to get killed.

    It could be the snitch was honest and took me to the turd of a teammate that did nothing. Doesn’t matter, snitches get stitches unless it was obvious to me that the one hiding did nothing. I’d rather they just go work on a gen or do bones instead of snitch and I’d go hunt the immersive one.

    In the end, you do you and I’ll do me. Nice thing about his game is you can have a variety of play styles and outcomes.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260580#Comment_3260580

    that's a long long reply, but i agree with every single word of it. afk crows makes the most sense out of all solutions

    I think so, and in this instance I think the progression from 1 to 3 crows should be fairly quick, and the only way to get rid of them would be to do a certain percentage of a gen (even small, like 5%). Because just having to tap a gen wouldn't change things much.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260570#Comment_3260570

    Of course i have no understanding of game development and balancing.

    and true, i dont know your perspective in this.

    But as a gamer, wherever i play a normal dbd game, and get into one of these stalemates i dont get the feeling that this should be the normal gameplay. To be stuck in a situation where i must wait for my teammate to bleed and die so i can get a chance to escape.

    And i cant understand even less why killers think that in these situation they should add more mechanics to further punish the survivors that are already losing.

    You're correct that the stalemates shouldn't be occurring as much. But the solution is force the stalemate to end in the favor of the killer, because the survivors gave up trying to win, and the survivors are breaking the rules of the game.

    Giving survivors AFK crows means they would not longer be stuck in the stalemate. In these situations, at least one of the survivors was going to die anyway, and this just speeds up the process.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260494#Comment_3260494

    It depends on the match and how much attention I’ve given it. It could be the snitch is a rat and the immersive player became immersive because the snitch sabotaged their team throughout the match. They could have hid all match or just moonwalk in circles without doing objectives and when it came down to two left, they helped you by snitching when they deserved to get killed.

    It could be the snitch was honest and took me to the turd of a teammate that did nothing. Doesn’t matter, snitches get stitches unless it was obvious to me that the one hiding did nothing. I’d rather they just go work on a gen or do bones instead of snitch and I’d go hunt the immersive one.

    In the end, you do you and I’ll do me. Nice thing about his game is you can have a variety of play styles and outcomes.

    that's a thing for sure but yes, if you paid attention to the game you definitely can tell if the immersive one is actually useless and playing for hatch from the start and make a decision accordingly

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260584#Comment_3260584

    I think so, and in this instance I think the progression from 1 to 3 crows should be fairly quick, and the only way to get rid of them would be to do a certain percentage of a gen (even small, like 5%). Because just having to tap a gen wouldn't change things much.

    as much as i hate immersion, there are survivors that won't be seen all match but will do gens, so mayyybe not that fast crows but they are needed for sure

  • @sulaiman said:

    I just want to know something about several playstyles, and i dont want opinions from players, i would like some statement from officials.

    1. The infames 2 survivor left-scenario. I am often in that situation, but usually, i try to do gens anyway. However, i run bound in all my builds, and if i see a guy just hidding while i stay on gens, i will simply lose. If i hide too, it becomes bannable, right? So basicly, the other guy is doing something bannable that is not bannable as long as i dont do the same, right? So why is just hidding not bannable in the first place? Why is my action being bannable dependend on what someone else does?
    2. As killer, i sometimes run a "lern to get out" build. I do nothing the whole game, until the last gen is finished. Then my build of noed, starstruck, bloodwarden and aggitation kicks in, and i get everything up to a 4k. So i am playing the game, but just not the first half. Is this bannable?

    Hatch should spawn after five minutes of two survivors left, but a key should be required until 1 of you dies then it should spring open so you can race the killer to it.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260350#Comment_3260350

    It's really wild how hard hatch got hit by the nerf hammer but I personally don't like the hatch at all cause I don't like such rng things. The killer did good and stopped the survivors from fixing the gens and even killed two already and I can see why so many slugg for the 4k cause you won on all grounds and rng takes away the last kill.

    I sadly can't come up with a better Mechanik to give the survs still a chance to escape that involves less rng but actually a skilled play from there side to escape in that hopeless situation if you know what I mean

    Last kill does not even count anymore so it's just stupid to slug for 4K anymore it's only increase your mmr. But does not count in stats and in devout emblem. Killer anyway find the hatch before survivor 80% of time so it's better to kill second last right away unless killer wants the game last another 10 minutes.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260354#Comment_3260354

    This is the proper solution. They need to rework crows entirely that if you haven't touched a gen in 2 minutes, you get crows. Then once all gens are powered switch back to old method for crows.

    You loop killer 2 minutes and get AFK crows? But if the crows are reworked match should have 20-25 minutes time limit.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260493#Comment_3260493

    You loop killer 2 minutes and get AFK crows? But if the crows are reworked match should have 20-25 minutes time limit.

    you know what i mean.

  • The solution to this IMO is to weaponize the AFK crows. If the gamd runs too long without progress, start ratting out Survivors.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    1. Become one with your inner rat.

    If your teammate is hiding and not contributing; lead the killer to the locker and point at it. You will be surprised how many killers will give you hatch in this scenario.

    Textbook bannable offence. Contribute to what in that scenario? Two survivors are dead and there are 3 gens remaining? There's no point in touching a gen for the survivors. There is no scenario in which the gens get completed at that point. Why should they work on them and not hide to play for hatch/gate?

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260407#Comment_3260407

    Incorrect. As long as you weren’t toxic or constantly try to blind me (I hate getting blinded) and I notice that your teammate is doing nothing, I’ll slug you to bait them out if I need to and give you hatch to spite them. If they don’t take the bare, I’d let you off my shoulder and go search for them, which isn’t too hard since I usually play Mr Doctor with Iron Maiden and Whispers.

    As a survivor main, nothing I hate more than selfish or useless teammates. Don’t get me started on teammates who stick to gens and let their hooked mate get to second stage. If that happens, everyone is going to die as soon as they reduce the hooked person, who will escape.

    Yeah, you know, i read this claim a lot from killers. But from my 7k+ hours in the game about 3/4 on survivor, that happened to me exactly once, while the 2-survivors-left scenario isnt that uncommon. Usually, the killer gets bored because he cant find the other one, and just hooks me, or he finds the other one and just kills both.

    Yes, maybe you are the exception, but i feel there is a disparity on how i read about what killers do in such situations and what is really happening ingame.

  • @kisfenkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260293#Comment_3260293

    This is called "Working with the killer" and is definitely as bannable as "Refusing to participate" if not much more bannable.

    It is not YOUR job as player to punish your team members for not participating. Do your part and report them for "refusing to participate" instead of falling well below that and actually flat out cheating.

    In my opinion, and I hope the devs as well, refusing to participate is a learning experience. Survivor is scared and doesn't know what they should do. They need to learn to participate and if they get a punishment it will probably be something small and will teach them that their behavior needs to change.

    Cheating by betraying your teammate to the killer, on the other hand, is the absolute worst thing you can do besides hacking, and deserves an enormous ban right off the bat.

    If you want to leave the match because the other survivor truly is not doing anything you have three options. Do gens, you are sure to get downed and bleed out, get hooked and die, or actually you could escape. Go afk, and get some water. Though you are risking the same thing that the other survivor is risking. DC and take your instant punishment. This will give the other survivor a chance to escape though, so it is not ideal.

    In these situations I prefer to try and do a gen, try not to die, and most of the time I root for the killer as I lay bleeding on the ground or dying on the hook. Don't cheat, it is much MUCH worse than hiding.

    And I hope you are not using bond to shake off the killer, op, that is exactly the same thing.


    But the thing is, as far as i understand it, hidding is participating in gameplay.

    The reason why its bannable that i read is holding the game hostage, because 2 survivor can hide as long as the match went on.

    And thats the strange point. If both hide, it becomes bannable.

    if only one hides, he is the clever one using the superior tactics.

    so if you try to use this tactic, it being superior of bannable dont depend on you, but on the actions of your teammate.

    Also, we all know that reporting without video evidence does nothing. If you dont run bond, how will you get it? I run bound, thats why i see my teammate doing nothing, but for how long do i have to record it, and most likly, i record myself doing nothing but watching that survivor.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260535#Comment_3260535

    Then be willing to take the loss. You can complain about the odds out of your favor all day, but thats not gonna revive your teammates or give you a better chance. You can list worst case scenarios all day and thats not going to change the situation when you find yourself in it, so stop making excuses and just play them out as best you can then accept the outcome.

    If those situations are as easy and unavoidable as you claim, you should probably raise your MMR a bit more. Bad players make bad plays and killers will often take advantage of those, thats been the case since this game was created. Your complaint is literally that the killer is able to snowball off of bad players while you do nothing to prevent them from doing so. You share agency with your teammates, and you need to be willing to either offset theirs or deal with the consequences of their actions as much as your own. Thats how teams work. Don't like it? Play killer.

    Edit: Might as well address them individually.

    1) There are tons of lockers in that bathroom. They could have gotten 1-0 downed if they heard his chainsaw and jumped in them, but they didn't. Still an agency issue caused by bad teammates, so again, your complaint is about that.

    2) Bad unhooks are not only a bad teammate play situation, the game encourages them with basekit BT. Blame the devs for making the most intuitive outcome the worst one strategically. Also another bad teammate complaint.

    3) Survivors refusing to adapt to the situation, again, an agency issue. You don't need comms to identify when the killer is facecamping, and kindred both exists and is promoted heavily for this very reason. Bad players refuse to take off their full stack of second chance perks and deny themselves the first chance in the process. yet again, bad teammate issue.

    You blame the outcome of a "stalemate" instead of being willing to offset your teammates bad plays that led to it. Either own up and intervene or accept the outcome of your team's decisions without you.

    But taking the loss means giving a teammate that hides instead of doing gens the hatch, validating his whole playstyle, because he is the one to get out. Thats how you get more of those, not less.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260577#Comment_3260577

    You're correct that the stalemates shouldn't be occurring as much. But the solution is force the stalemate to end in the favor of the killer, because the survivors gave up trying to win, and the survivors are breaking the rules of the game.

    Giving survivors AFK crows means they would not longer be stuck in the stalemate. In these situations, at least one of the survivors was going to die anyway, and this just speeds up the process.

    Again, this behavior is perfectly fine, as long as only one is doing that, only if both do it becomes breaking the rules. And thats the problem here.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260499#Comment_3260499

    But the thing is, as far as i understand it, hidding is participating in gameplay.

    The reason why its bannable that i read is holding the game hostage, because 2 survivor can hide as long as the match went on.

    And thats the strange point. If both hide, it becomes bannable.

    if only one hides, he is the clever one using the superior tactics.

    so if you try to use this tactic, it being superior of bannable dont depend on you, but on the actions of your teammate.

    Also, we all know that reporting without video evidence does nothing. If you dont run bond, how will you get it? I run bound, thats why i see my teammate doing nothing, but for how long do i have to record it, and most likly, i record myself doing nothing but watching that survivor.

    I understand. The only thing I can say about that is it is about time we get that basekit unbreakable and instant mori they were testing. This two man situation needs to end sooner rather than later.

    If they made the basekit unbreakable unmodifiable (no perks affect the timer) and immediate (you don't have to recover at all you just get up when time is up), and added that instant end of game condition then the game would be a much better place than it is right now.

    As it stands, the killers focusing on tunneling and creating this impossible two man situation are the majority of killers and they are ruining the game for everyone.

    So, my advice is that you should keep playing normally, just plan on dying, and wait for BHVR to fix it. I found that once I accepted I was going to die most of the time, my matches were much more fun and escaping, especially those time where my death helps the others escape, are that much more rewarding. I don't bother with video evidence against the frightened super stealth survivors, but I sure as heck will go out of my way to make certain that a cheater who works with the killer gets what they deserve.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260472#Comment_3260472

    Yeah, you know, i read this claim a lot from killers. But from my 7k+ hours in the game about 3/4 on survivor, that happened to me exactly once, while the 2-survivors-left scenario isnt that uncommon. Usually, the killer gets bored because he cant find the other one, and just hooks me, or he finds the other one and just kills both.

    Yes, maybe you are the exception, but i feel there is a disparity on how i read about what killers do in such situations and what is really happening ingame.

    You need to understand that the killer population on the forums are only a tiny percentage of the actual player-base. Also, I only dabble in killer, not a main at all. Mainly do challenges or play them when I get burnt out of survivor (re:dying over and over due to bad teammates).

    Everything seems doom and gloom on the forums, but my experience in game isn't as horrible as everyone here makes it out to be.

  • @Boss said:

    I don't really wanna get into the first one, but i specifically remember a mod on here saying that pretending you're AFK or a bot and then taking advantage of the situation is not bannable.

    They said they view it as trickery, and it can be completely avoided by just repairing and getting out.

    It's not fool-proof though: If you pretend to be AFK and no one comes for you, then you were pretty much AFK and if they report you it could be considered legit.

    Have been hit hopping a window on a questionable hit, stood still to fake like I was going AFK and just done with the match, killer didn't even bother downing me as I made sure to not move ANYTHING and I got right on the gen nearby the second they started chasing my friend. If it looks stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260359#Comment_3260359

    Survivors seemed perfectly fine when BHVR suggested a basekit unbreakable mechanic, that would punish killers whenever killers were forced to slug. And if it’s ok to punish players instead of giving them a better solution, then it should apply to survivors as well.

    Besides, I’m asking survivors to follow the rules of the game, and it’s against the rules for survivors to just hide indefinitely.

    The only reason basekit UB is going to be a thing is because of the mori change. It has zero to do with slugging.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260431#Comment_3260431

    The basekit UB is still a concept, i will not take it into an argument until it actually reaches live server. It will probably be nerfed to oblivion.

    Yes, the rules says surv must repair, but the game produces a state where to repair means you will die 99.99%. And this state is not produced entirely because of the killer's skill as it is done

    the overnerf of the hatch

    The up of gen times

    the rise of slowdown/regressing meta

    All 3 combined that makes you imposible to repair your way out of this state.

    Yet, most killers expect and demand that survs repair knowingly they will die.

    Yes because the game is over and the survivor's have lost. The hatch being available before one survivor left just leave's the killer feeling like they lost kills by no fault of there own which is true. Hatch is already a flip on a free escape, which can also be waited out until closed to try for doors. If I am a survivor I will repair a gen until my final chase comes.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260431#Comment_3260431

    The only reason basekit UB is going to be a thing is because of the mori change. It has zero to do with slugging.

    It's a massive nerf to slugging. It's punishing killers even when they're forced to slug. The biggest takeaway from the whole idea is that places killers in lose/lose situations when they can't get a survivor to a hook, and that BHVR put absolutely zero effort into helping killers so they didn't have to slug as much.

  • Nothing of the 2 scenarios is bannable.

  • @Boss said:

    I don't really wanna get into the first one, but i specifically remember a mod on here saying that pretending you're AFK or a bot and then taking advantage of the situation is not bannable.

    They said they view it as trickery, and it can be completely avoided by just repairing and getting out.

    It's not fool-proof though: If you pretend to be AFK and no one comes for you, then you were pretty much AFK and if they report you it could be considered legit.

    you can't be reported for killer for being afk - unless you are autp swinging afk botting.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260431#Comment_3260431

    The only reason basekit UB is going to be a thing is because of the mori change. It has zero to do with slugging.

    Yes it does. prior to the "killer patch", a lot of killer claimed they only camp, slug and tunnel because otherwise the game was too hard, and if gentimes were nerfed, and if perks were nerfed, those playstyles would not be used as much.

    when the changes came, it turned you they weren´t not only still used, but their use increased, because with longer game times, it became harder to outrush gens with a camping killer. Shorter chases and longer gen times didnt help, because as long as killers still can lose, they use these tactics to not lose.

    So they sought for new solutions, and one was basekit bt, and one is basekit ub. the mori change is coming because of ub basekit, not the other way around (at least thats what i believe, based on the history of how the devs approach these things).

  • @Katzengott said:

    Nothing of the 2 scenarios is bannable.

    Yeah, i still would like an official statement on these.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260293#Comment_3260293

    OH pls don't give such advice. If the killer actually does that the other survivor could report that with video proof and both the snitch and the killer can face consequences

    In these scenarios killers have nothing to do to be reported. The "snitch pointing at the locker" just makes killers to do their job. It doesn't really matter how.

    Killers doing their job, even if someone is "helping" them, the only reportable case in this scenarios - Survivor who "snitch".

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260297#Comment_3260297

    In these scenarios killers have nothing to do to be reported. The "snitch pointing at the locker" just makes killers to do their job. It doesn't really matter how.

    Killers doing their job, even if someone is "helping" them, the only reportable case in this scenarios - Survivor who "snitch".

    I do think it gets reporteble if you let the snitch go and give hatch for snitching

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261126#Comment_3261126

    I do think it gets reporteble if you let the snitch go and give hatch for snitching

    You know, I can give survivor a hatch just because of "Cute eyes", or even because we're wearing the same charm? By your logic, I can get a report for doing so. But I wouldn't.

    It's not the killers problems that someone wanted to snitch. It's not actually forbidden to not be greatfull. Survivors who "snitch" doing that at their own risk, even If I give a hatch as a "thank you", I'll still report them afterwards.

    The exact act of "snitching" - reportable.

    If a killer kills because of "snitching" - killer is not reportable.

    If a killer gives a hatch to the "snitch" - killer is not reportable.

  • >ruining the world. literally

    My mom said videogames would destroy the world too

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261130#Comment_3261130

    You know, I can give survivor a hatch just because of "Cute eyes", or even because we're wearing the same charm? By your logic, I can get a report for doing so. But I wouldn't.

    It's not the killers problems that someone wanted to snitch. It's not actually forbidden to not be greatfull. Survivors who "snitch" doing that at their own risk, even If I give a hatch as a "thank you", I'll still report them afterwards.

    The exact act of "snitching" - reportable.

    If a killer kills because of "snitching" - killer is not reportable.

    If a killer gives a hatch to the "snitch" - killer is not reportable.

    Working with the survivors is just as reportable as working with the killer and what is more working with the killer then snitching out a hiding survivor and getting hatch for that.

    Of course you can give hatch to a surv because he danced funny or had a charm you like the devs said that's okey I mean this specific situation when the killer sluggs one and the other hides the killer gets bored and let's the downed surv wiggle free to snitch and gifts hatch for that

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261140#Comment_3261140

    Working with the survivors is just as reportable as working with the killer and what is more working with the killer then snitching out a hiding survivor and getting hatch for that.

    Of course you can give hatch to a surv because he danced funny or had a charm you like the devs said that's okey I mean this specific situation when the killer sluggs one and the other hides the killer gets bored and let's the downed surv wiggle free to snitch and gifts hatch for that

    My guy, the killer already paying for letting the survivor a hatch, he's earning less bp and less exp.

    Dear MODS! I'm calling you to give a proper answer to this question! - If survivor snitching the other survivor and a killer killing this survivor, then the killer giving a hatch for a "snitch" survivor, does killer have done a reportable offence?

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261176#Comment_3261176

    My guy, the killer already paying for letting the survivor a hatch, he's earning less bp and less exp.

    Dear MODS! I'm calling you to give a proper answer to this question! - If survivor snitching the other survivor and a killer killing this survivor, then the killer giving a hatch for a "snitch" survivor, does killer have done a reportable offence?

    That's a pretty bad argument against something being a banable offense. The killer pays with three escapes when he holds one surv hostage in a corner but that still banable

    But you are right would be good to get a mod to answer this a clear official answer is the bast answer

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261189#Comment_3261189

    That's a pretty bad argument against something being a banable offense. The killer pays with three escapes when he holds one surv hostage in a corner but that still banable

    But you are right would be good to get a mod to answer this a clear official answer is the bast answer

    Holding someone hostage by any means is a reportable offence tho. Doesn't matter killer or survivor.

    I'm actually think that... Aside from exploiting or holding someone hostage... Killer just can't be reported for anything else gameplay wise... Am I right?

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3261196#Comment_3261196

    Holding someone hostage by any means is a reportable offence tho. Doesn't matter killer or survivor.

    I'm actually think that... Aside from exploiting or holding someone hostage... Killer just can't be reported for anything else gameplay wise... Am I right?

    If we let the working with survivor topic aside I think you are right I mean cheating is illegal but that's a given

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260288#Comment_3260288

    you can't be reported for killer for being afk - unless you are autp swinging afk botting.

    Unless the rules changed in the last year: You most certainly can.

    Mods said it's because you're not providing the other side with any kind of regular Killer interaction.

    If you're gonna be AFK in a corner as Killer, you're gonna get legit reports.

  • @Snow_Lep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260288#Comment_3260288

    Have been hit hopping a window on a questionable hit, stood still to fake like I was going AFK and just done with the match, killer didn't even bother downing me as I made sure to not move ANYTHING and I got right on the gen nearby the second they started chasing my friend. If it looks stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

    Yup, love the risky and unusual plays~

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260336#Comment_3260336

    Yes, the hatch was nerfed because it was abused by SWF. Obviously only SWF could abuse of this, like anything.

    What i am really pissed off is that from the first day they anounced the hatch nerf, i inmediately saw the coming of all these stalemates that would make the game boring overtime.

    Yet i can't wrap my head around as why BHVR balancing team, which are known of slowly applying nerfs to game mechanics and test them on ptb, decided for the hatch to be destroyed in one single patch. There was so much they could have done.

    The hatch still fulfills it's intended purpose. It's a chance for the final survivor to escape so they don't just give up or DC when everyone else is dead. It was never supposed to be a way for multiple survivors to just peace out early.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3260293#Comment_3260293

    OH pls don't give such advice. If the killer actually does that the other survivor could report that with video proof and both the snitch and the killer can face consequences

    Indeed. Also, if the killer was any good they'd catch the hiding survivor. Hiding survivors are limited by how good the rest of the team is. Since there's only a few places/patterns that can be used to successfully hide on most maps, it doesn't take long to find them. I consider it a subgame when playing killer. Take out one or two survivors, give the rest PTSD, then find the hider. Take them out then let the rest go. If any of the other survivors point out the hider, I hook them too. You do your job, I'll do mine.

  • When it comes to the "only 2 survs left scenerio", in 6 years i never heard a surv or killer got banned for ANYTHING.

    Because the scenario itself and the hatch is the problem. The only possible bannable thing i can think of are 2 (potential) SWFs left, holding the game hostage for ages by just hiding. Easy solution would be killer gets killer instinct after survs not touching gens for like 5 minutes.

1 2 ›