A solution to help the SoloQ, make Self-Care like before 6.0

The number of times I see survivors running all over the map to find someone else to heal them, things other people don't do, preferring to run away, or do their generators makes me sad.

Against SWFs, it's simple, they give their position, immediate healing, and it's over, the others... They look like headless chickens

Self-Care, as it stands now takes almost a whole minute or two to cure, more if coulrophobia or butcher... Sel-care was one of the most back then because it got them off more often, but now..

Comments

  • @TerraEsram said:

    The number of times I see survivors running all over the map to find someone else to heal them, things other people don't do, preferring to run away, or do their generators makes me sad.

    Against SWFs, it's simple, they give their position, immediate healing, and it's over, the others... They look like headless chickens

    Prophylaxis, as it stands now takes almost a whole minute or two to cure, more if coulrophobia or butcher... Prophylaxis was one of the most back then because it got them off more often, but now..

    Um... what is prophylaxis?

    Do you mean mangled?

  • Bring a medkit or do a gen injured.

    You dont have to be healthy to progress the match...

    Solo Q would be better if I could avoid people that DC, suicide or run selfcare. Even before the patch it was an awful perk that took ages and most people cant lead a chase longer than the time it takes to heal so if anything it just hurts us more

    Luckily I barely see selfcare users, everyone does medkits or gens injured

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Bring a medkit or do a gen injured.

    You dont have to be healthy to progress the match...

    Solo Q would be better if I could avoid people that DC, suicide or run selfcare. Even before the patch it was an awful perk that took ages and most people cant lead a chase longer than the time it takes to heal so if anything it just hurts us more

    Luckily I barely see selfcare users, everyone does medkits or gens injured

    I run Self-Care and do great T_T

  • I never use Self-Care but will always bring a Medkit with me unless I'm doing a challenge.

    Personally I think Self-Care does more harm than good in the wrong hands, that time healing could be spent on gens. That being said, in the right hands it can be the difference between a death or an escape for the whole team. It's just about knowing when to take the time to use it, same as using a Medkit really.

  • If you want to help solo queue and want to avoid perks wasting time, Self-Care would need to be completely wrong. It was already a bad perk that wasted time prior to the big meta shakeup, so reverting it back there would only mitigate the problem slightly, not fix it.

    Also, you can't change perks to fix bad decisions. Survivors, even solo queue survivors, have so many actually viable self-heal options, if people aren't using them now then they won't choose to use any new ones you add in.

  • self care took alredy too long for me pre nerf. Like i actually felt like sleeping while doing it the 1 time i used it so i never touched it again. I will eventually try to find someone if im injured in my near radius if i actually happen to evade the killer. But if noones there i just go and search the next gen, or if i know a chest somewhere i quickly check for a medkit.


    i think the main issiue is not dynamic playstyles, its not a formula how to play. Just take the best guess and do what you believe would be best right that moment, sometimes it is, sometimes it goes wrong.

  • At this point you won't stop people from taking self care. No matter how many times they nerf it, SC refuses to die. It should be reworked, but until then I wish they'd at least revert the heal speed nerf. 45 seconds for a full heal is ridiculous.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Bring a medkit or do a gen injured.

    You dont have to be healthy to progress the match...

    Solo Q would be better if I could avoid people that DC, suicide or run selfcare. Even before the patch it was an awful perk that took ages and most people cant lead a chase longer than the time it takes to heal so if anything it just hurts us more

    Luckily I barely see selfcare users, everyone does medkits or gens injured

    Great idea, when I see them, injuried, just running everywhere, or doing a gen, trying to loop you and be killed after thirty second, no chance to escape, a game who you can play hit and run, or finishing them in no time...

    And the medkit who serve only one or two times, same #########

  • This is why I bring coh, everyone can heal and I don't have to be there.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Bring a medkit or do a gen injured.

    You dont have to be healthy to progress the match...

    Solo Q would be better if I could avoid people that DC, suicide or run selfcare. Even before the patch it was an awful perk that took ages and most people cant lead a chase longer than the time it takes to heal so if anything it just hurts us more

    Luckily I barely see selfcare users, everyone does medkits or gens injured

    I rarely healed with IW, but characters cry too loudly and too often that they're at a disadvantage to stay injured. The endless four-second crying clip on a loop is annoying too! Healing is a common complaint for Killers; I remember when everyone ran SC and would heal in corners wasting time versus doing gens, and Killers complained that people were healing too fast and too often. Then after nerfs, people began running IW and staying injured or using other heal perks, which also became a problem.

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254938#Comment_3254938

    Great idea, when I see them, injuried, just running everywhere, or doing a gen, trying to loop you and be killed after thirty second, no chance to escape, a game who you can play hit and run, or finishing them in no time...

    And the medkit who serve only one or two times, same #########

    So because your team are bad and dumb you want perks buffed? Seems like your team are just bad and should get better..

    I manage to get through games just fine with a single brown medkit... learn to be good in a chase and being injured isnt that scary especially when you can have DH.

    But a selfcare buff is definitely not what I need in solo Q games

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    This is why I bring coh, everyone can heal and I don't have to be there.

    Yeah, it's one solution, but CoH, the problem, if you take apart the killer who gonna complain here, it's, IF every solo Q take them, you are going to have for people with this in one game some times... That's not good for her

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255046#Comment_3255046

    So because your team are bad and dumb you want perks buffed? Seems like your team are just bad and should get better..

    I manage to get through games just fine with a single brown medkit... learn to be good in a chase and being injured isnt that scary especially when you can have DH.

    But a selfcare buff is definitely not what I need in solo Q games

    Not my team, read the first post, for the soloQ, when I play killer, I see them everytimes, just running injuried and searching for healing, not doing gen...

  • Youre a Rare breed then my friend, I have not seen one selfcare user where iv gone "that was a good player".

    Maybe you run other perks to improve it and if not you could be so much stronger dropping it for another perk.

    I dont really see selfcare anymore since SBMM apart from the odd player who usually costs us the game anyway as they go down so fast.

    So while you may be good I'd still avoid selfcare users, 1in1000 odds or more isnt a gamble I'd take given they choice lol

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255054#Comment_3255054

    Not my team, read the first post, for the soloQ, when I play killer, I see them everytimes, just running injuried and searching for healing, not doing gen...

    So you are versing bad players? Either way we shouldn't buff perks because of bad players being so scared of being injured.

    Enjoy the nice easy games before you actually run into people who will happily push gens injured with resilience and have DHs so good youd think it's a program. I'd give anything to have chill players like that just for a game so it will last a decent length and I can go for hooks.

    Buffing perks for bad players is never a good choice, ever. For either side.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    This is why I bring coh, everyone can heal and I don't have to be there.

    I bring COH with medkit because I refuse to heal for 42 seconds (and this is the better case - if sloppy is in game... And if you get interupted for a second to hemorrage). I mean. I had games where CoH healed me in 21 seconds. And I had games where it healed me after 5 minutes of active looking (only deadhook person, injured, vs huntress and all the remaining gens in the open) but on average I'd say its still almost minute if you have to heal (e.g. it's patrolled 3gen, gen is in open, ...). Yet it does not feel that bad, because most of the time you don't have to commit to heal (50% of my games I never actually ever boon) or decide to do so only when you happen to find a totem which is much more efficient.

    What I am trying to say - I would not touch boons if SC did not get nerf. I presume I am not the only one. But when they nerf boons and medkits and leave SC in current state, that will be the last straw for me to end with survivors. Too much camp & tunnel and chase/heal nerfs all to keep 61% killrate for killers even after MMR is catching up.