Add emotes to DBD
Not for any particular reason other than the fact that I think both survivors and killers would be way happier if teabagging at the exit gate was replaced with the default dance
Not for any particular reason other than the fact that I think both survivors and killers would be way happier if teabagging at the exit gate was replaced with the default dance
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't want any silly emotes to DbD honestly.
I think that nobody will ever use them. I see barely anyone using the 2 there are already as survivor.
That’s mostly because the community has improvised far more communicative gestures—most of which are BM but some are exceptions—like teabagging, clicking, nodding, power spamming, pebbling, etc.
That's not for me,idk want to see Nemesis shaking his booty,or what if a killer downs you,and he just stands over you and dance or emotes the entire time
If I get downed by a Victor and he starts doing the orange justice I’m just going to start regularly going to church because such a sight would be proof of the existence of god
And we could then fully say goodbye to the final horror straw DBD,has.
Fine by me, DBD stopped being a horror game in 2017
What do you mean, wasn't Freddy added in 2017, what broke the atmosphere for you
It just stopped being scary, the fear rapidly declines as your familiarity with the atmosphere and gameplay loop increases
Horror or jaded horror aside, emotes point the game more into absurdist comedy.
While I am a fan of absurdism, I think that should come about via player interaction rather than pressing a button.
Demo and Nancy staring at the sunset on Dead Dawg’s railing vs Demo flossing over Nancy’s downed body.
If you’ve ever interacted with a Nancy player you would realize how cathartic that latter scenario would be
And you realize that’s just being toxic, right?
If Myers can get this then sure why not.
https://youtu.be/ZC-KXUAbQng
I see survivors using the point emotes all the time.
I would be totally down for custom emotes as Rift rewards for various killers. Ghost Face doing the head cock and wave for instance would be great. 🙂
I think having dancing emotes would really piss me off. I don't want to be camped by a dancing Clown or having survivors dance at the gate.
On one hand I'd love some more mediums of communication in the game, since I love being friendly, but I just know that if there were more they'd be used to tilt and BM, so in DbD's case the least amount of emotes, maybe the better.
Emotes don’t belong in DBD.
I'd be fine with emotes like "good", "bad", and "don't do that", or killer-specific stuff like Myers headtilting and Freddy flexing his claws, but Fortnite dancing has no place in DBD and would just be used to BM.
Honestly if I was able to hit survivors with the griddy as Wesker, I think I'd be a happy man. No clue why the rest of you are complaining. It would solve a lot of my issues with the game.
As if dbd was already a horror game
You don't think Pyramid Head is scary