DC, SUICIDE, DC, SUICIDE, DC... DC, SUICIDE

Suicide, DC, suicide, suicide.

That's been every game today :)

BHVR, fix this rubbish seriously. Start insta banning people if you must I just want to play a damn game... or give me a full refund on the couple hundred £ I have spent on this game just to not be able to actually play a SINGLE NORMAL GAME

Comments

  • It's funny i always see posts like this basicly crying saying "ban people who D/C and ban people who end themself on first hook" but personally i don't see it as a big problem. Now granted you get some games where a survivor just doesnt wanna play the game and yeah that sucks but i would say that during my killer games I get a D/C maybe once every 10 - 15 games same goes for suicide on first hook. During my survivor games I've not yet had one were someone has D/Ced.

    Regarding my MMR level due to escaping a lot as survivor i would say im fairly high up there now and my average kill rates as killer would also put me fairly high up (although i do get destroyed occasionally).

    In games as killer were i do get someone D/C or kill them self on hook usually i notice its because their team has just let them down, this is either due to not going for a rescue when there is nothing stopping them, team mates not taking a hit when getting farmed off hook.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3253883#Comment_3253883

    Yeah I agree but how to solve that?

    I would wait longer in queue to NOT have to verse Pinhead, Trickster, Legion or Twins (I rarely see the latter though) but I understand they cant give players an option to not queue against certain killers, as we all know Nurses and Blights etc would never be able to play the game as most people would block them.

    This is a problem as games are supposed to be fun but the way DBD works is you get put into matches that are not (subjectively) 'fun' for the individual and I don't know how you can make them want to play something they don't enjoy?

    One thing that comes to mind would be that you can outright tell the game 'don't put me in matches with killer X', and have it a limited number (like a max of 5 or such).

    The other part of this is something that has come up before: the game needs to start punishing scummy behavior (and reward good one). The mechanics to do so are there, several perks and abilities use them already.

    It would be a ton of finetuning, though

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3253299#Comment_3253299

    Killers aren't really fine, the game is unbalanced and heavily killer sided which is what devs want and this means that survivor DC's and hook suicides are inevitable. You can't just provide for one side and not expect the other side to be fed up at times. Take Wesker for example, his kill rate is 65% which is absurdly high and already hearing his terror radius with this information makes the round immediately less fun, combine this with a bad map and bad teammates and it makes the round miserable.

    Games survivor sided actually, survivors have every tool possible to become the power role and are at the higher level, you also cant use the awful stats for so many reasons.

    @SilentShepherd said:

    OP calling us "entitled"

    People work and study every single day. I haven't had a SINGLE break in 8 days.

    You think we care what you think? In the little free time people have, we want to have fun

    You are, you are queueing up for a game knows the possible outcomes and quitting over certain maps, killers, perks or even going down fast is entitled.

    And you know what makes it worse, some of us do actually work and THEN HAVE TO DEAL WITH RAGE QUITTING ENTITLED PLAYERS when we ourselves are trying to have fun but oh no it's okay for you to ruin 3 people fun consistently without a better punishment... sure sounds entitled.

    @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254149#Comment_3254149

    One thing that comes to mind would be that you can outright tell the game 'don't put me in matches with killer X', and have it a limited number (like a max of 5 or such).

    The other part of this is something that has come up before: the game needs to start punishing scummy behavior (and reward good one). The mechanics to do so are there, several perks and abilities use them already.

    It would be a ton of finetuning, though

    So most players just mark the top 5 strongest killers making those killers wait ages for lobbies and basically kill chapters people have brought. Because you know well enough people will abuse it that way.

    Even if it was 1 nurse players would majority be picked basically making her void in games (though I'd personally go trapper)

    A better system would be nor able to verse the same killer multiple times in a row, that's something I can get behind.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252666#Comment_3252666

    Solo queue is an issue and I do hope they address the problems with it soon but anyone who was dying in 90% of their matches before the changes is just absolutely terrible at the game. Assuming matchmaking is working even at some tiny level those players would be at the absolute bottom and being paired with actual baby killers and if they're -still- losing nearly all their games at that level I just don't know what to tell you, it's cerainly not BHVR's issue at that point.

    Also while solo queue is in a bad state right now (I mean it's always been in a bad state to be fair), it's certainly not unplayable like many people claim. I play survivor about half the time and only play in solo queue and have reasonable success in my games. I'm an absolute terrible looper but I can still escape at a decent rate because assuming matchmaking is working correctly, I end up matched against average killers.

    The absolute biggest issue with solo queue at the moment, and the biggest thing that costs solo players games, is other survivors DCing and killing themselves on hook. That has a far bigger effect on escape rates than the killer buff patch ever did.

    Low mmr will also put you with dirt poor survivors though and that's the issue, a baby killer will dominate a bad group of survivors. Hell when i started the game in august brand new player. I absolutely shredded teams of survivors and was getting 4k after 4k. It was so easy, you'd have to be an extremely bad killer who is not adept at video games at all not to wreck teams in low mmr matches. In mid mmr games even one bad survivor can doom a team.

    Solo Q is definitely a huge issue and probably a big barrier that prevents a lot of new players sticking around. Best way to solve it imo is add in game VC. Swfs get it, can use xbl parties discord etc. And it'd help new players learn faster and help discourage DCs if players know they can tactically advise team mates rather than trust silent randoms.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252722#Comment_3252722

    Low mmr will also put you with dirt poor survivors though and that's the issue, a baby killer will dominate a bad group of survivors. Hell when i started the game in august brand new player. I absolutely shredded teams of survivors and was getting 4k after 4k. It was so easy, you'd have to be an extremely bad killer who is not adept at video games at all not to wreck teams in low mmr matches. In mid mmr games even one bad survivor can doom a team.

    Solo Q is definitely a huge issue and probably a big barrier that prevents a lot of new players sticking around. Best way to solve it imo is add in game VC. Swfs get it, can use xbl parties discord etc. And it'd help new players learn faster and help discourage DCs if players know they can tactically advise team mates rather than trust silent randoms.

    There's no way they'll add voice comms to the game. Can you imagine how toxic that would be?

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252666#Comment_3252666

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252672#Comment_3252672

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3252773#Comment_3252773

    Don't play the game if you dc. You can complain about balance, you can not have fun with the game anymore. BUT literally any other game will just start banning you with the amount some people DC. League, OW, any competitive shooter. They all start banning you for ruining other people's game's, in something like COD it's irrelevant because losing one player really isn't that meaningful, other player's can pick up the slack. In dbd, one dc is gg and everyone but that dc is just bored now. Seriously, just don't play the game if you dc/suicide more than twice a week.

    It's bhvr it took them 5 years to change the survivor meta, they buffed killer when 95% of killer's were struggling vs survivor's. The solo buff is coming, they are slow. Imagine if killer's dc'd before 6.1.0 the game would of died, oh wait survivor queues were double current killer queue's because they all just stopped playing the game instead. I think the only reason bhvr doesn't implement a real punishment is because they know a lot of people will actually stop playing the game, due to always having the ability to get out of each game they want for free.

    When you guy's defend it, you are just embarrassing your self's whether it be your own bias or your lack of awareness in online pvp games. And then I will see you guys in the same thread tomorrow repeating the same thing.

    Killer buff was in June 2022, its been 5 months and the game is tilting back down slowly.

    Its 6 month cycle has been more or less +-50k players for the last year.

    We can probably agree that the only thing they really care about is cosmetic sales.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254530#Comment_3254530

    There's no way they'll add voice comms to the game. Can you imagine how toxic that would be?

    Less toxic than endgame chat for sure. And no more toxic than any other multiplayer game that has VC. I don't see any other games removing VC, games with even more toxic communities like call of duty, LOL, halo etc. Mute buttons, opt outs are all ways to mitigate it.

    And i would for sure help improve the performace of newer solo q players.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254534#Comment_3254534

    Less toxic than endgame chat for sure. And no more toxic than any other multiplayer game that has VC. I don't see any other games removing VC, games with even more toxic communities like call of duty, LOL, halo etc. Mute buttons, opt outs are all ways to mitigate it.

    And i would for sure help improve the performace of newer solo q players.

    The issue is that those game has voice comms from the get go, DBD had years without it. If they suddenly add it one day it'll be massive toxicity and abuse.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254641#Comment_3254641

    The issue is that those game has voice comms from the get go, DBD had years without it. If they suddenly add it one day it'll be massive toxicity and abuse.

    How do you figure that? It's not like dbd players only play dbd specifically. I'd wager that over 95% of dbd players have played other multiplayer games with voice chat.

    I always find this particular argument against VC weird. Toxicity will ALWAYS be present in online gaming. It's an unpleasant but immutable fact. But VC is a standard feature in practically every multiplayer game. DBD is not a special case, the community if anything is less toxic than a lot of other games in my experience. And I have done a LOT of online gaming over the years.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254149#Comment_3254149

    One thing that comes to mind would be that you can outright tell the game 'don't put me in matches with killer X', and have it a limited number (like a max of 5 or such).

    The other part of this is something that has come up before: the game needs to start punishing scummy behavior (and reward good one). The mechanics to do so are there, several perks and abilities use them already.

    It would be a ton of finetuning, though

    Yes I have suggested something like that - you can sit out x amount of matches with a certain killer.

    You cant make people play matches they don't want to play, it doesn't matter if you penalise them or not they still wont do it. For example... I just had 4x Legions in a row and anyone would want to sit out Legion matches after that

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Suicide, DC, suicide, suicide.

    That's been every game today :)

    BHVR, fix this rubbish seriously. Start insta banning people if you must I just want to play a damn game... or give me a full refund on the couple hundred £ I have spent on this game just to not be able to actually play a SINGLE NORMAL GAME

    And with the Devout Emblem BUG pipping is really not enjoyable.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254647#Comment_3254647

    How do you figure that? It's not like dbd players only play dbd specifically. I'd wager that over 95% of dbd players have played other multiplayer games with voice chat.

    I always find this particular argument against VC weird. Toxicity will ALWAYS be present in online gaming. It's an unpleasant but immutable fact. But VC is a standard feature in practically every multiplayer game. DBD is not a special case, the community if anything is less toxic than a lot of other games in my experience. And I have done a LOT of online gaming over the years.

    DBD is just naturally more toxic and filled with people that complain alot.

    You will get micro management, people screaming, moaning, crying, raging at the team, blaming people, etc.

    I can play say halo infinite for months and bot come across someone talking **** ,sure it can happen in all games but DBD would be so common and I'd rather against it plus coms kills stealth which is a fun part of the game unless people wanna see less perks and killers used than already is

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254651#Comment_3254651

    DBD is just naturally more toxic and filled with people that complain alot.

    You will get micro management, people screaming, moaning, crying, raging at the team, blaming people, etc.

    I can play say halo infinite for months and bot come across someone talking **** ,sure it can happen in all games but DBD would be so common and I'd rather against it plus coms kills stealth which is a fun part of the game unless people wanna see less perks and killers used than already is

    Clearly you've never played world of tanks, or league of legends. There are communities far more toxic than dbd that have VC. Tbh I've found the dbd community pretty chill in comparison to most. I get a lot of Ggs and chill chats after games even when I've been smashing as killer. Hell i even had someone chatting to me after a rough game where i secured a 2k by facecamping with oni, they said they understood why I did it because they gen rushed so hard 🤣

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254898#Comment_3254898

    Clearly you've never played world of tanks, or league of legends. There are communities far more toxic than dbd that have VC. Tbh I've found the dbd community pretty chill in comparison to most. I get a lot of Ggs and chill chats after games even when I've been smashing as killer. Hell i even had someone chatting to me after a rough game where i secured a 2k by facecamping with oni, they said they understood why I did it because they gen rushed so hard 🤣

    Barely get ggs, especially as killer. Only game I find myself getting harassed and hate on a consistent basis and I dont even BM in anyway.

    Though people usually send hate when they lose and I tend to win, though I get salty teammates very often even have some funny messages shared on the forums about it

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3254967#Comment_3254967

    Barely get ggs, especially as killer. Only game I find myself getting harassed and hate on a consistent basis and I dont even BM in anyway.

    Though people usually send hate when they lose and I tend to win, though I get salty teammates very often even have some funny messages shared on the forums about it

    Maybe it's something about the way you play? Or more likely high mmr players are just saltier, come with the terrain I guess.

1 2 ›