To the people complaining about the lockers change
The aura blocking was needed in order to restore the core value of the game. Which is hide and seek. I feel the complaining is mainly coming from the B&C users. Just a friendly reminder that there was a time that myself and so many other killers didnt have B&C and all other aura reading perks we are spoiled with these days. There was plently of 4k games then and there will be plently more today. Please stop complaining about features that are restoring balance and fun to the game.
Thanks again Behaviour for a great Chapter. Loving it so far! ![]()
Comments
The core value is not hide and seek, it is chasing.
If the core value is stealth, we should might as well remove pallets and windows.
Ok so killers are spoiled with BBQ, Bitter Murmur and Nurse Calling but also survivors are SPOILED with both perks reading and global notifications. so what?
So to keep it balanced survivors have to get MORE notifications than killers even if it's a 4v1 "hide and seek" game
Gotcha
I always loved playing stealthy, I don’t like being chased. Every Survivor should be running Distortion and utilizing lockers.
I am complaining a lot about this, because it is stupid and guess what? I hardly ever use BBQ.
The Aura read was to short for most killer anyway and there existed enough ways to counterplay it without even using a perk to do it, but survivor still cried havoc about FOUR seconds aura read.
Just a little reminder, the survivor version shows the killers aura for up to two MINUTES to all survivor, but hey, Kindred is a garbage perk no one uses, right?
These mechanics give me faith they actually care about the stealth player’s quality of life.
I play stealthy too but this isn't the way to do it. Urban evasion, dance with me, iron will these are fine but give a free aura counter that you don't even have to use your brain it's dumb, ESPECIALLY when you can already do it without it, it's just overkill
It pisses me off that they give me a perk that makes dance with me trash compared since it's an anti aura reading with dance with me built in it
This ^ +1
OP missed the entire fundamentals of the game.
Since September of 2017 I’ve been punished for other Surviors getting caught. I’m quite tired of it. I’ll run Distortion every single game, and I recommend others to as well.
Why so many people joined at once? It's rather curious tbh
Anyway yeah as said before even survivors have a ton of aura perks and a ton of counters against killers perks just by playing accordingly. Add more stuff to a braindead level isn't the way
Especially distortion that makes dance with me useless since it has it built in.. it really pisses me off
That shows what's actually going wrong in this game right now.
People think it is about chasing.
Killer should be the one looking forward to chases and are those that should win chases aynway.
Survivor should be afraid of getting caught, because getting chased should be bad for them, but in fact they enjoy it as "the game".
And not to mention being the last one alive and having the killer know your position instantly? This brings balance back. People are gonna defend B&C to the death,. But I get it because its extremely useful. The games are still very winnable with this tiny adjustment and balance with locker reading.
So what happens when these stealthy survivors are caught? They go straight to looping.
So the looping to waste a killers time is the same, but now survivors find it easier to hide so they can waste the killers time even more.
The game is all about looping.
BBQ is an incentive against camping, I dont think I need to explain you whats going to happen if you take that incentive away
Basically. The new player wave is just from the new DLC, it's to be expected.
It's quite annoying how most the counters we get as a killer we have to waste a perk slot while for survivors almost all killer perks/actions can simply be countered by playing differently and not even having to use a new perk, yet we still get complaints and get things like Distortion showing up. Like 7 counters for BBQ not even needing a perk wasn't enough.
Its hide and seek. The chasing obviouslt becomes part of it
Its always been hide and seek.
Now just not for free
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/32931/prediction-to-next-patch#latest
this locker change is great. don't like it, Run iron maiden. don't want to use a locker, run drugs distortion, or try to hide behind the generator aura.
there's play and counter play here. it's fine.
Yeah I'm actually down for them increasing the capability of making stealth jukes/hides mid chase so we're not stuck in the pallet loop fiesta we have now. However, I wanted those to come with reduced pallet strength simultaneously, not on top of the current pallets we have.
Yes and no.
Survivors are, for the most part, really strong at chases against most killers. Both aspects of the game can not be strong for one side.
If it is easier to chase, then finding people should be difficult.
If it is easier to find people, then chasing people should be difficult.
If both are difficult or easy, then why does the opposite side take the easy or difficult end of the stick.
The game is not designed around this. Finding survivors is easy since their objective is stationary. It is not because you are so good at the game that you find survivors, it is because their objective doesn't allow them. This is also the reason why they can actually take the game hostage at the end. In that large map, it is difficult to find survivors since you don't know where you should look at. To make this game about 'stealth' you have to change the entire game, from perks to main objectives, pallets and windows to map designs.
The devs themselves stated that the game will be around chases, not stealth.
If you really think that the game is about stealth, then this game is not for you at least for now.
As stealth player I totally disagree with you
@Malakir camping has and will always be an issue. Its down to the player and their playstyle. They can camp all they want while survivors power the gens and win the game. Thats their choice if they decide to do so. How long have we had B&C now and camping has still been rampant?
You don't seem to fundamentally understand why lots of camping is happening. The majority of the camping is happening because the game is unbalanced, not because players just want to.
Read the thread, I made this very clear. Many have said they never did but after the patch they will, guess what, I start to see people do that at the first hook even at red ranks
Cute tho how you totally ignored my answer before when I listed the amount of perks that survivors have as aura reading and how killers aura reading can be countered perkless but istantly answer when brought up camping
@Malakir didnt ignore just didnt see it within the amount of people commenting. The devs know what they are doing. The change is in favour of balance whether you get upset about it or not. You patrol the gens like you are suppose to you will have no problem finding survivors. Enough said.
@altruistic
Very good point! +1
Sorry, but I still think you are wrong. Skilled survivor can evade the killer for a pretty long time and get things done without getting chased.
At some point getting chased is almost impossible to avoid, but if you can avoid getting chased -and potentially downed and hooked- for a longer period it gives you an edge at the late game, because you denied the killer his objective (getting hooks).
(If you can't maybe that is a you-issue.)
The survivor should try to avoid the "big bad", but since the killer is not a real threat to good looper, they do not play stealthy.
Stealth also generates less points and since the real reward is not surviving, it isn't well liked.
If survivor would rank up on surviving alone, you would see a big increase in stealth play.
If you wanna tell me that the Devs said the game is around chases instead of stealth, you have to give a source to it.
Its still there
Like I said its a player choice and always will be. B&C has been here months and theres still camping everywhere. In any online competitive game you get camping. Nothing will change that.
However I am annoyed that the aura reading add-ons on stealth killers got nerf especially Amanda's Letter and Scratched Mirror two add-on that had enough downsides and didn't need more
No.
When Dead by Daylight first came out it was said to have been inspired by games like Hide and Seek and Tag. In the months following release, most people overwhelmingly demonstrated that they vastly prefer the "Tag" part to the "Hide and Seek" ("Immmmmeeeerrrrssssseeedddd!") part.
The reason being that the Chase is where the most of the interactivity and play-and-counterplay come in and when you play the game like it's Splinter Cell you are mostly frustrating (=boring) the Killer and turning the game into a single-player game.
The reason Stealth gets a lot of grunts and growls from us Killers is because Stealth in this game is completely out of whack.
In your mind as a Survivor you might think that Stealth is a contest of skill and cleverness on the Survivor's part versus the Killer's attentiveness, a discerning eye and a sharp mind that can deduce which hiding spot the Survivor is in.
In truth, none of those things are ever factors in DBD Stealth play, at least for Killers. First, because of the way things like sounds were implemented in this game (occlusion, X/Y, sound direction, volumes and the goddamn chase music blasting Killers' ears are all things that keep getting broke one way or another - this in a game where sound is so important).
Second, because finding a hidden Survivor isn't at all about deducing likely, possible or clever hiding spots.
Let's do a "test", yeah? in a particular area you might have the shack (so four walls with three openings, gen in the middle, basement, stairway, basement inner wall, six lockers), a jungle gym next to it (four walls with three-four openings, another short wall behind them, two lockers), a large rock, a few trees with tall grass patches between them and a couple of short walls adjacent to the map's outer wall just behind the shack itself. On the other side there's also some low walls (no pallet, just debris) and a tire pile (about as tall as a standing Survivor).
Tell me where the Survivor is hiding - I picked a spot in my head and I will commit to it, but you have to guess.
The real answer to this "riddle" is that it doesn't matter what your guess might be, as one or more Survivors could be hiding in literally any of these spots - or none of them. There is no Sherlock Holmes-y aspect to searching for a hidden Survivor - you either randomly find them or you don't, they're either there or they're not.
Stealth play can be exciting for a Survivor... for a time, here and there, in small doses. But if the Survivor persists and remains overly stealthy, the only thing that happens is that you're boring the F out of the Killer. They're playing a single-player game now, one that is essentially a walking simulator with no story or interactivity.
Stealth is the opposite of interactivity - it's denying interactivity. It's refusing to interact. It's trying your hardest not to play the actual game that takes place between players instead of the singleplayer game between a player and the M1 button on a generator.
Spoiled, am I?
I've been playing this game since 2016.
Not sure what your point is, except to complain about BBQ & Chili, which has several counters any Survivor can use to escape it (remind me, what's the counter to Object of Obsession? Oh yeah, there isn't one - 'cause balance, right?), plus the fact that most Killers can't use the knowledge BBQ gives them in time to do anything about it. Only Nurse and Billy can and even they can just get juked before they get there unless the Survivor just sits there.
So in your eyes, an SWF that brings someone with Object of Obsession (and aura-range-increasing effects) who goes locker hopping every time they use their wallhacks on you is fun and balanced.
It's fun to be constantly monitored by a coordinated group of gen rushing hiders. AND IT'S BALANCED.
It's fun to try and mindgame a Survivor during a chase, only for that Survivor to be told exactly what the Killer is doing at any given time, thus defeating the mindgame through actual cheating (we're going to touch back on the anti-SWF-on-comms argument due to the part in the game rules that says you cannot use 3rd party software to gain in-game advantages). AND IT'S BALANCED.
It's fun to play a Killer who is designed to be stealthy and have the entire stealth element taken from you. AND IT'S BALANCED.
I'll not say the two words that come to mind right now because I'm trying to be as diplomatic as I can, so I'll just say that the next F-word featuring in my mind right now isn't "FUN".
Honestly, why are you even playing a multiplayer game at this point?
Just play Splinter Cell or Thief or Dishonored or something. Thief: The Dark Project was an amazing stealth game - go play that.
its cat and mouse, hide and seek
MOTY 2018
Nah, I'm good. I'd rather not rely on a perk to counter aura reading, even if it means that I end up dying.
Wow this is hilarious. You're only calling them QoL changes because they make countering aura reading perks braindead. I really hope more Survivors start getting camped and slugged to death so the devs will realize just how stupid Distortion, Breakdown (why I included slugging), and the locker changes are.
Why should I be punished because another Survivor was caught?
I can say as easily BBQ is “braindead” if I wanted to. You caught someone else, hooked them, and now you can see where I am or am not. Why? You didn’t find me, chase me, or down me. Why am I punished? I played well enough up to that point to avoid you. Where is my reward? Thankfully, I have one now.
It’s been very nice playing tbh. Enjoying Survivor a lot more than I did this past year.
If DBD was all around stealth, then Doctor would be the best killer of the game, as he constantly ignores survivors is attempts at hiding. But he isn't, because the game is around the interaction between the killer and the survivors.
Stealth might be fun, but as the trial continues, the game will start to get lackluster, since you only crouch and hold M1 for the rest of the game. The only time you can interact with the killer is in the chase, where the most skilled player will succeed. Stealth denies this interaction, as the killer will enter a walking simulator, and survivors a M1 simulator.
People that rely on BBQ now gonna think everyone is around the fresh hook, and are going to camp
if you're fine with that then ...
Welp, lockers will now block auras both ways.
But don't complain about features that are restoring balance and fun to the game, right?