I faced my first "bully squad"

Survivor main here. Only play Killer occassionally, especially to get tome challenges done or for events. Because of that, I usually don't play against high caliber Survivors (though it does occasionally happen).

Well, it happened. I was matched against people that, based off of my Killer MMR, I should've never faced. And they were also my first bully squad. And let me just add, I was a T1 perk (nothing great, tbh) running Trapper.

In short, my experience was:

Let's run boil over, run to places where hooks are scarce, and to be safe, let's have one of us bring toolboxes to break the hooks and another to use flashlights. Oh, and let's teabag after we drop a pallet and body block hooks, too.

It was . . . an experience. Certainly took a lot of focus to outsmart them and use their mistakes to my advantage. In the end, I got 2k (could've gotten the 4k though. The remaining two gave up, and one even offered her item to me in the middle of a chase).

In a weird way, I feel like I was somehow initiated into The Killer Club because of those Survivors ๐Ÿ˜‚

When can I get my jacket, guys?

Comments

  • Id much rather face the "bully squad" than the "gen rush squad" that brings bnps on commodius toolboxes, and doesnt waste time going for ridiculous flashlight saves etc. But hey congrats on your first squad xD

  • If you didn't get a 4k, it wasn't a bully squad.

  • Heh, bully or sabo squads are either some of the most infuriating or hilarious experiences you can have as killer, depending on how prepared you are to deal with them. As long as the UB test doesn't go through to live, we'll have the tools to handle it in most cases.

  • Telle about it I faced a 4-Man all with Head On and 4 Purple Flashlights with the best Addons....I was huntress and didn't have Lightborn at the time....I just eventually hid in the basement until they got bored and left....

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    If you didn't get a 4k, it wasn't a bully squad.

    Most of the time you're right because they will typically keep on their schtick until they are dead without trying to escape, but if they tap out their items (toolboxes/flashlights/whatever), they sometimes actually try to escape.

    @Maelstrom808 said:

    Heh, bully or sabo squads are either some of the most infuriating or hilarious experiences you can have as killer, depending on how prepared you are to deal with them. As long as the UB test doesn't go through to live, we'll have the tools to handle it in most cases.

    True. My first few bully squads early on really got under my skin until I learned how to deal with them.

    The most important thing is to not allow yourself to get tilted; usually they aren't doing objectives and will just run out of juice and crash like a hyperactive toddler at bedtime.

    It suppose they feel like dying is a trade off for trying to torture the killer for 15 minutes.

    The hilarious part comes when they are terrible at whatever tactic they are attempting to bully you with and just get flattened.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233325#Comment_3233325

    Most of the time you're right because they will typically keep on their schtick until they are dead without trying to escape, but if they tap out their items (toolboxes/flashlights/whatever), they sometimes actually try to escape.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233333#Comment_3233333

    True. My first few bully squads early on really got under my skin until I learned how to deal with them.

    The most important thing is to not allow yourself to get tilted; usually they aren't doing objectives and will just run out of juice and crash like a hyperactive toddler at bedtime.

    It suppose they feel like dying is a trade off for trying to torture the killer for 15 minutes.

    The hilarious part comes when they are terrible at whatever tactic they are attempting to bully you with and just get flattened.

    Exactly. I keep my cool and once I've got a couple facedown in the dirt and a couple on hooks, I'll often pick one up and let them wiggle off and rescue the others. We'll usually laugh about it in endgame chat and move on.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    If you didn't get a 4k, it wasn't a bully squad.

    Editing my original reply for clarity:

    Them being bullies is about their behavior throughout the game, not if they escape. Two died, the other two could've if I wanted.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Id much rather face the "bully squad" than the "gen rush squad" that brings bnps on commodius toolboxes, and doesnt waste time going for ridiculous flashlight saves etc. But hey congrats on your first squad xD

    I think it takes a couple hundred hours of killer to get to the point where people feel that way. Most people eventually like going against "bully squads" because it's just chases but at the beginning it just sucks imo.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233314#Comment_3233314

    I think it takes a couple hundred hours of killer to get to the point where people feel that way. Most people eventually like going against "bully squads" because it's just chases but at the beginning it just sucks imo.

    Most of the time it's not even chases really. It's a melee around a hook or downed survivor. I think that's why it's fun because it's outside of the "find survivor, chase a tile or two, loop and mind game, hook, rinse and repeat" pattern.

  • I will never forget my first bully squad,,, 4 unbreakables with Sabo boxes and beamers,, they all died to bleed out except one but my god it was an infuriating game ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Ah yes the bully squads. Always rough the first time. But they are pretty easy to punish when you realise what they are doing lol. Nothing i like more than mincing a bully squad when their timing isn't exactly right ๐Ÿคฃ

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    I will never forget my first bully squad,,, 4 unbreakables with Sabo boxes and beamers,, they all died to bleed out except one but my god it was an infuriating game ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    Lol I understand. I'm a pretty chill woman, and I went into the game to have a fun game for the event (especally since I'd had some bad games as a Survivor). But I reached a point where I literally thought, "Okay. If you guys wanna play like this then it's on." And from that point on it switched. I got super focused and calm and I ended up winning. It felt good lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233991#Comment_3233991

    Lol I understand. I'm a pretty chill woman, and I went into the game to have a fun game for the event (especally since I'd had some bad games as a Survivor). But I reached a point where I literally thought, "Okay. If you guys wanna play like this then it's on." And from that point on it switched. I got super focused and calm and I ended up winning. It felt good lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Was new to the game back then and those sabo demons were clicking and Tbaggin at every possible chance ,haven't met a sabo squad recently,,now Tbags and beamers are actually fun ,I'd rather take these over 2-3 bnps / prove/ hyperfocus every game

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3234260#Comment_3234260

    Was new to the game back then and those sabo demons were clicking and Tbaggin at every possible chance ,haven't met a sabo squad recently,,now Tbags and beamers are actually fun ,I'd rather take these over 2-3 bnps / prove/ hyperfocus every game

    lol I can imagine!

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Id much rather face the "bully squad" than the "gen rush squad" that brings bnps on commodius toolboxes, and doesnt waste time going for ridiculous flashlight saves etc. But hey congrats on your first squad xD

    I 100% agree. Bully squads tend to just mess around the entire game so you have little chance of losing. As long as you don't let it get to ya too much it can even be fun and you can mess around a bit to.

    4-Man SWF's (not even swat squads) who are trying to win hard and nothing else are a lot more stressful as it feels like there's nothing you can do sometimes. Playing a weaker killer or getting a bad map can only make it worse as well.

  • Bully squads are my favorite games. I can enjoy chasing them around and not worry about gens being done xD

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233991#Comment_3233991

    Lol I understand. I'm a pretty chill woman, and I went into the game to have a fun game for the event (especally since I'd had some bad games as a Survivor). But I reached a point where I literally thought, "Okay. If you guys wanna play like this then it's on." And from that point on it switched. I got super focused and calm and I ended up winning. It felt good lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Yeah it's funny how quickly the fangs will come out in the midst of my most survivor-friendly, meme-tastic, goofy-ass play sessions when a squad shows up to play with sabo boxes and beamers.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Id much rather face the "bully squad" than the "gen rush squad" that brings bnps on commodius toolboxes, and doesnt waste time going for ridiculous flashlight saves etc. But hey congrats on your first squad xD

    Same. You really don't stand a chance. T.T At least the bully squads are wasting time with you.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Survivor main here. Only play Killer occassionally, especially to get tome challenges done or for events. Because of that, I usually don't play against high caliber Survivors (though it does occasionally happen).

    Well, it happened. I was matched against people that, based off of my Killer MMR, I should've never faced. And they were also my first bully squad. And let me just add, I was a T1 perk (nothing great, tbh) running Trapper.

    In short, my experience was:

    Let's run boil over, run to places where hooks are scarce, and to be safe, let's have one of us bring toolboxes to break the hooks and another to use flashlights. Oh, and let's teabag after we drop a pallet and body block hooks, too.

    It was . . . an experience. Certainly took a lot of focus to outsmart them and use their mistakes to my advantage. In the end, I got 2k (could've gotten the 4k though. The remaining two gave up, and one even offered her item to me in the middle of a chase).

    In a weird way, I feel like I was somehow initiated into The Killer Club because of those Survivors ๐Ÿ˜‚

    When can I get my jacket, guys?

    I'm actually a nice killer, but now I will spank every survivor until I find the good-for-nothing bullies who dared mock milady!

  • @Bartlaus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351199/i-faced-my-first-bully-squad

    I'm actually a nice killer, but now I will spank every survivor until I find the good-for-nothing bullies who dared mock milady!

    lol Sir Bartlaus, my hero! That proclamation alone has already restored my honor in my heart. Allow me to give thee a trinket as a sign of my affection and gratitude.

    And if you see a teabagging Dwight, it's probably he who sought to mock me.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3235059#Comment_3235059

    lol Sir Bartlaus, my hero! That proclamation alone has already restored my honor in my heart. Allow me to give thee a trinket as a sign of my affection and gratitude.

    And if you see a teabagging Dwight, it's probably he who sought to mock me.

    Always at your service milady. I will hunt this court jester named Dwight to the ends of the earth and he will get a special treatment in my killer dungeon.

  • I hate the squads that only win due to them stacking second chance perks and are actually bad at the game, then trash talk you. Like, if you didnt have dead hard you would be dead so why even pretend you're so much higher than everyone else?

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Survivor main here. Only play Killer occassionally, especially to get tome challenges done or for events. Because of that, I usually don't play against high caliber Survivors (though it does occasionally happen).

    Well, it happened. I was matched against people that, based off of my Killer MMR, I should've never faced. And they were also my first bully squad. And let me just add, I was a T1 perk (nothing great, tbh) running Trapper.

    In short, my experience was:

    Let's run boil over, run to places where hooks are scarce, and to be safe, let's have one of us bring toolboxes to break the hooks and another to use flashlights. Oh, and let's teabag after we drop a pallet and body block hooks, too.

    It was . . . an experience. Certainly took a lot of focus to outsmart them and use their mistakes to my advantage. In the end, I got 2k (could've gotten the 4k though. The remaining two gave up, and one even offered her item to me in the middle of a chase).

    In a weird way, I feel like I was somehow initiated into The Killer Club because of those Survivors ๐Ÿ˜‚

    When can I get my jacket, guys?

    If they wanted to use that playstyle so much... just slug em, they asked for it if they're running that kinda build

  • Nothing better than running into this when you've got Starstruck equipped.

    Enjoy your 3 minute bleed out kids.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Survivor main here. Only play Killer occassionally, especially to get tome challenges done or for events. Because of that, I usually don't play against high caliber Survivors (though it does occasionally happen).

    Well, it happened. I was matched against people that, based off of my Killer MMR, I should've never faced. And they were also my first bully squad. And let me just add, I was a T1 perk (nothing great, tbh) running Trapper.

    In short, my experience was:

    Let's run boil over, run to places where hooks are scarce, and to be safe, let's have one of us bring toolboxes to break the hooks and another to use flashlights. Oh, and let's teabag after we drop a pallet and body block hooks, too.

    It was . . . an experience. Certainly took a lot of focus to outsmart them and use their mistakes to my advantage. In the end, I got 2k (could've gotten the 4k though. The remaining two gave up, and one even offered her item to me in the middle of a chase).

    In a weird way, I feel like I was somehow initiated into The Killer Club because of those Survivors ๐Ÿ˜‚

    When can I get my jacket, guys?

    Welcome to The Hookers...

    Your shift starts Friday - You're working the Coal Tower ;3

  • Here -gives the Killer main jacket to @AshInTheTallGrass- now smile and wave (Look good for the camera)

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    If you didn't get a 4k, it wasn't a bully squad.

    I always try to punish them by not killing them and forcing them to finish the 5 gens lol

    Worst part about being a nemesis player is that they'll just find zomboi's to down them repeatedly so they can bleed out...

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351199/i-faced-my-first-bully-squad

    Welcome to The Hookers...

    Your shift starts Friday - You're working the Coal Tower ;3

    Thanks, boss! I won't let you down!

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Here -gives the Killer main jacket to @AshInTheTallGrass- now smile and wave (Look good for the camera)

    be3e639f-dfbc-4d45-8295-5b5cc3afc49b_text.gif

    Yes! Thank you!