A sudden rise in cheating.

Since the event started I’ve played probably 50 - 60 matches. I’ve had cheaters in at least ten of them that use exploits or straight cheats. Instant door openings (I did check perks and nothing would allow that) camera breaking movements (like a David I saw running at 95 mph the whole match) but the biggest ones is the crawling speed enhancements and pallet stun area increases (I got stunned ten feet from the pallet and they kept t-bagging so I knew something was up). Has anyone else noticed this sudden rise?

Comments

  • No. But don’t worry DC penalty’s are turned off so if you don’t want to deal with them you can leave with no penalty.

    Btw changes are coming to eliminate cheating. I haven’t run into any

  • I've had a few iffy matches recently. One in particular had a michaela who was insta blinding me with a halloween torch with brown battery and bulb add ons. I'm good at dodging torches and she blinded me while i was unencumbered and not stuck in an animation. Even when i knew she was going for it. And at the end of the game i heard her grunts of pain centered on a location she was nowhere near while she went off an found hatch.

    I'm not entirely sure if she was cheating but it was definitely off, I'm usually great at dodging torches and she blinded me like 8-9 times, 5 out of animations. And the noise thing was super weird. The noises were from the same location but she was nowhere near.

  • I had a Sheva yesterday that was moving at least 110% the whole game. I could barely catch up with her. At least she didn't really deny it at the end.

  • No worries, killer or survivor, same #########, a lot of killer with infinite wallhack is also in game, and that's what disgust me of the game, survivor with hyperspeed and killer with superwallhack without perks...

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    I had a Sheva yesterday that was moving at least 110% the whole game. I could barely catch up with her. At least she didn't really deny it at the end.

    I had a teleporting Ada after posting this. Even her team was like ‘ah No’ and let me destroy her.

  • To be honest I did have a weird moment in a game earlier. When the killer downed me my crawling speed felt faster than normal, so I wonder if there was a cheater in the game. The survivors I played with didn't seem to be doing anything weirdly uncommon, but the killer felt a bit weird, but then why would he buff us?


    Too bad I didn't record that game.


    Is ther a cheat that can give the rest of the team a buff?

  • @TerraEsram said:

    No worries, killer or survivor, same #########, a lot of killer with infinite wallhack is also in game, and that's what disgust me of the game, survivor with hyperspeed and killer with superwallhack without perks...

    I always get suspicious of killers who show up at the right time everytime, but sometimes the game lasts too long after I've died to see what perks they had. I wish people who are solo could see killer perks as soon as they're out.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233055#Comment_3233055

    I always get suspicious of killers who show up at the right time everytime, but sometimes the game lasts too long after I've died to see what perks they had. I wish people who are solo could see killer perks as soon as they're out.

    Like all very good ideas in the game, unfortunately, there was abuse and it was deleted, there was a time when you could...

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    To be honest I did have a weird moment in a game earlier. When the killer downed me my crawling speed felt faster than normal, so I wonder if there was a cheater in the game. The survivors I played with didn't seem to be doing anything weirdly uncommon, but the killer felt a bit weird, but then why would he buff us?

    Too bad I didn't record that game.

    Is ther a cheat that can give the rest of the team a buff?

    Yes, cheaters can put a cheat on their teammates! When I was playing survivor someone put Flip Flop on me. I was so confused myself at first and the killer probably thought I legit had the perk but I didn't. Turned into a game of "Among Us" for me. 🙈 I managed to catch her (and record + report) though. 😏

  • @Persephone_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233220#Comment_3233220

    Yes, cheaters can put a cheat on their teammates! When I was playing survivor someone put Flip Flop on me. I was so confused myself at first and the killer probably thought I legit had the perk but I didn't. Turned into a game of "Among Us" for me. 🙈 I managed to catch her (and record + report) though. 😏

    It felt like I had Tenacity tbh, but the game didn;t go well, so I don't know who had the cheats. Teammate or Killer?, killer seemed a bit sus but maybe I'm biased. Just felt he was at the right place at the right time? Idk. Maybe he was too good for me, who knows. Maybe it was Leon who only got hooked at the end and he was mostly missing.

  • @Persephone_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233220#Comment_3233220

    Yes, cheaters can put a cheat on their teammates! When I was playing survivor someone put Flip Flop on me. I was so confused myself at first and the killer probably thought I legit had the perk but I didn't. Turned into a game of "Among Us" for me. 🙈 I managed to catch her (and record + report) though. 😏

    Apparently that happened to Otzdarva today as Killer. They stacked like 10 extra perks on HIM.

  • Floods of Rage caught my first toilet paper Deight cheater the other night. Aura caught him red handed so he gave up pretending to be legit so we all just started goofing off

    God bless Floods

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233257#Comment_3233257

    It felt like I had Tenacity tbh, but the game didn;t go well, so I don't know who had the cheats. Teammate or Killer?, killer seemed a bit sus but maybe I'm biased. Just felt he was at the right place at the right time? Idk. Maybe he was too good for me, who knows. Maybe it was Leon who only got hooked at the end and he was mostly missing.

    It's not impossible. However, bear in mind there was also a bug not too long ago that also made survivors crawl faster. This is what makes it so annoying, sometimes it's so hard to tell if it's a bug or something more sinister. 😕

    @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233257#Comment_3233257

    Apparently that happened to Otzdarva today as Killer. They stacked like 10 extra perks on HIM.

    That is outright trolling but all very scary as well as everyone will assume the person with the extra perks is the cheater - especially when it's the killer. I was actually so glad that I was recording the game where it happened to me as I felt I would have some counter-proof if the killer thought I was cheating (and then it also enabled me to be proactive and report immediately with evidence). However, I also know that most players wont be recording their games in the background because it's a hassle and needs the set up/hardware/software/commitment.

  • @Persephone_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233299#Comment_3233299

    It's not impossible. However, bear in mind there was also a bug not too long ago that also made survivors crawl faster. This is what makes it so annoying, sometimes it's so hard to tell if it's a bug or something more sinister. 😕

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233326#Comment_3233326

    That is outright trolling but all very scary as well as everyone will assume the person with the extra perks is the cheater - especially when it's the killer. I was actually so glad that I was recording the game where it happened to me as I felt I would have some counter-proof if the killer thought I was cheating (and then it also enabled me to be proactive and report immediately with evidence). However, I also know that most players wont be recording their games in the background because it's a hassle and needs the set up/hardware/software/commitment.

    I didn't know there was a bug of that kind. I guess this game has too many bugs.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    No. But don’t worry DC penalty’s are turned off so if you don’t want to deal with them you can leave with no penalty.

    Btw changes are coming to eliminate cheating. I haven’t run into any

    I've run into a few and also im pretty skeptical about their attempts to curb cheating. Afterall I doubt they werent trying before and where still losing to cheaters. Im also sure that I had a couple that I didnt notice since some cheaters are just doing small cheats like auto dead hard.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232971#Comment_3232971

    I've run into a few and also im pretty skeptical about their attempts to curb cheating. Afterall I doubt they werent trying before and where still losing to cheaters. Im also sure that I had a couple that I didnt notice since some cheaters are just doing small cheats like auto dead hard.

    Auto dh is pretty easy to detect just do a stupid swing and it will automatically use there auto dh

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3233757#Comment_3233757

    Auto dh is pretty easy to detect just do a stupid swing and it will automatically use there auto dh

    True but that's only if I notice they landed a few weird dh in the middle of nowhere first or if I got the chance to bait it out. So its easy when they make it obvious