Why are the new Jane and Dwight cosmetics limited-time availability?
As the title says, the new Jane and Dwight cosmetics were released with the advertising that they will be "available until November 3rd". Event cosmetics are one thing, but these are just store-bought cosmetics (which are not licensed, yet are still Auric Cells-only, contrary to the announcement that non-licensed cosmetics in the future would all have Shards available as an option).
Is this an indicator of things to come? Are we going to be pressured into FOMO purchases aside from the Rift?
Comments
Because money and FOMO (fear of missing out).
Multiple threads have been made like this with no response from BHVR.
I can clear things out regarding non-licenced outfits with auric cells and iri shards.
And of course these ones will disappear after 3 weeks of being in-store.
How... Convenient.
BHVR's 4 investors ^
Same with Dwight Crow.
I did not say permanent exclusive item.
I will not buy it now and will buy it next Halloween.
This a malicious FOMO tactic and should be called out appropriately.
######### that.
I wish BHVR would clarify this already. Are they going to be available next Halloween for shards? For cells? Are they going away forever? This is important information and I can't understand a reason for their silence besides fear of reprisal.
But yeah, the whole "everything will be available with shards after four weeks!" followed by "and now we're debuting cosmetics that will only be in shop for three weeks!" is... not the most honest framing I've ever seen.
Jane's especially has no reason being an exclusive. Its not even a halloween cosmetic
Exactly, it's literally just a fancy dress
Makes no sense for it to be time limited
I could get behind them being Event-time-exclusives if it was shards.
Or I could get behind the aurics initially if the cosmetics stayed in the store after the Event is over.
But as is..... no. That's just another case of BHVR setting expectations and not meeting them.
It's obvious that 'limited-time cosmetics' are the direction they're going because the changes to iri shards means most skins in the store wont make them as much money in the future. This way they can still add skins for original characters that people won't just save shards for.
It's pretty crappy because it seemed really cool that they're making iri shards more universal and giving f2p players more choice in skins to save up for and then just turn around and start releasing skins that you'll never be able to get without spending money.
Let's all keep in mind that players already need to buy Dead by Daylight -and- licenced DLCs with cash, and likely plenty of the original DLCs too.