Hackers (script users) can force you to dc.

Just went up against a cheater I unfortunately couldn't get video footage of to report, as by the time I pulled up my recording software once they started spam hooking themselves, I was booted from the match "connection to host lost"


Bam. DC penalty. And not only that, a few seconds later, got this on my steam comments.

Capture.JPG

Welp

Comments

  • Yep, happened to me while streaming yesterday.

  • This has been happening for a while. I conveniently get DC'd, when I had no prior connection issues, right as I'm about to win or right after I kill a certain survivor.

  • i guess they're gonna start doing this now instead of holding people hostage?

    or both

  • This has been a known issue.

  • @Pulsar said:

    This has been a known issue.

    Console-only CrossPlay wouldn't even save us, huh?


    Sadface

  • I hate that this is even and thing and the fact they gloated about it after they're the ones who had the #########-fit...speaks levels of their maturity...

  • @FlameLickVA said:

    Just went up against a cheater I unfortunately couldn't get video footage of to report, as by the time I pulled up my recording software once they started spam hooking themselves, I was booted from the match "connection to host lost"

    Bam. DC penalty. And not only that, a few seconds later, got this on my steam comments.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5V8MG5LIOEKW/capture-jpg.jpg

    Welp

    This just happened to me.

    Was about to hook someone in basement during end-game, first time I hooked them, and magically the game stops working and I lose connection despite having no connection issues all day.

    My internet is decent as well. I rarely have issues with lag.

  • Lately, there have been a few disconnects in my SWF and also killers that we face while they were mid chase. I'm thinking these disconnects are more server related than hacking since none of my friends hack in this game. Cheat maybe with comms--that's right I said it--

    but not hack.

  • Also have had the same issue. Right when I grab a survivor, seconds later I'll suddenly get disconnected.

  • Maybe that’s what’s been happening to me.Been dc twice today

  • @FlameLickVA said:

    Just went up against a cheater I unfortunately couldn't get video footage of to report, as by the time I pulled up my recording software once they started spam hooking themselves, I was booted from the match "connection to host lost"

    Bam. DC penalty. And not only that, a few seconds later, got this on my steam comments.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5V8MG5LIOEKW/capture-jpg.jpg

    Welp

    happened a week ago aganist a mixed team of players (3 from pc, one from epic games store probably)... they choosed the map (rpd), i was wrecking their asses with pinhead without much troubles when suddently i was disconnected...

  • @Pulsar said:

    This has been a known issue.

    Is this a known issue behaviour have commented on. If this is a known issue then behaviour need to turn off D/C penaltys untill they can find a fix for it else bigger streamers arn't gonna be held hostage anymore they are gonna have like 2 day D/C penalties constantly

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226955#Comment_3226955

    Console-only CrossPlay wouldn't even save us, huh?

    Sadface

    Yea unfortunately it wouldn't because some of these cheaters can make themselves appear like they're on console and they could get into console lobbies anyway, they actually were doing this right before cross play officially dropped because once BHVR starts to add any type of new feature to the game they can dig it out and use it kinda like how they were using cheater bots off the tutorial AI

  • Huh. I've seen a few weirdly timed DCs myself recently, thought it was just servers being poopy.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226955#Comment_3226955

    Console-only CrossPlay wouldn't even save us, huh?

    Sadface

    yeah as another poster had said they can gain access to console lobbies and wreak havoc. They even currently have access to cosmetics that haven't been released yet,

  • I've had some DCs at very suspicious times, but chalked it off to my poor network. I thought I was going insane but turns out my gut was right, they can do that.