Any response from BHVR why time limited skins are in a paid game?

Pretty straightforward. Most of have put hundreds of dollars in this game. That is not enough? Time limited cosmetics, which are usually in F2P games, are warranted here?

Comments

  • The community actually voted for these skins and what do they do? They make them time exclusive. Now that's just mean. I guess every good deed comes with a downside.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3283477#Comment_3283477

    Nothing. But why, after 6 years, suddenly change up your view on seasonals from year round (previous Christmas + Blighted skins) to time limited? And what's right with time-gated cosmetics? What do we, as players, stand to gain from this movement?

    Are you mad Stores dont sell Christmas outfits in June?

    Isnt it just a thing people do?

    Are we having this argument again?

  • @OrangeBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3283837#Comment_3283837

    It's "not okay", so what? If it earns them more money they will just keep doing it regardless of how people feel about it. It must have earned more during the halloween event so now they are doing it again.

    If people are going to complain about it but still buy them anyways then i have to accept how it's just going to work now.

    I am happy, that at least this time around it looks like i will still be able to get the cosmetic that i want for free in this limited time window.

    It's not okay, so let's try and convince more people to stop buying time-limited skins instead of having the "Yeah I don't like this but I'll but it anyway" mentality.

    @Toaster427 said:

    The fact that they are ignoring all the critisism from this speaks for itself.

    It's greed, they want more money. It couldnt be any simpler than that guys.

    BHVR isnt going to care about any of the criticisms while they are still making money hand over fist from it. It's like verbally telling someone not to do something then immediately handing them $100 to do it...which action do think would have the strongest effect.

    If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet, that's pretty much all you can do in cases like this.

    If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet, that's pretty much all you can do in cases like this.

    Reminding BHVR (and the community) of the anti-consumer tactics they're employing every time they do is another very good option (in addition to voting with your wallet, of course)

    @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284354#Comment_3284354

    Are you mad Stores dont sell Christmas outfits in June?

    Isnt it just a thing people do?

    Are we having this argument again?

    There's a huge difference between physical goods and digital ones, comparing them makes little to no sense.

    And even if you do compare them, you ARE able to buy Christmas outfits in June.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284380#Comment_3284380

    It's not okay, so let's try and convince more people to stop buying time-limited skins instead of having the "Yeah I don't like this but I'll but it anyway" mentality.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284411#Comment_3284411

    If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet, that's pretty much all you can do in cases like this.

    Reminding BHVR (and the community) of the anti-consumer tactics they're employing every time they do is another very good option (in addition to voting with your wallet, of course)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284492#Comment_3284492

    There's a huge difference between physical goods and digital ones, comparing them makes little to no sense.

    And even if you do compare them, you ARE able to buy Christmas outfits in June.

    The act of buying from a physical store and a digital store is the same action for me, the act of buying does not change, so the comparison is spot on.

    I cant buy Christmas outfits at my stores in June. Is that now fear of missing out? I don't think so.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284354#Comment_3284354

    Are you mad Stores dont sell Christmas outfits in June?

    Isnt it just a thing people do?

    Are we having this argument again?

    I can literally go onto google and get outfits for summer, winter, halloween, spring, etc. at any time.

    image.png image.png

    Moreover, I could walk into my local Primark or H&M or any clothing store, really, and still find outfits for those seasons. It's the exact same with things like tinsel, pumpkins, Christmas crackers, eggnog, etc.- through the joys of online shopping, I can purchase them any time, not just during Christmas, or halloween, or Easter, provided there is still some supply left.

    Finally, with physicals stores you have to factor in supplies, and therefore the opportunity cost. Would those outfits sell particularly well in comparison to the more seasonally oriented ones? No, so much less are produced because it wouldn't be profitable because there's far less demand. You can still get them, but there's just less of them.

    None of this is applicable to digital goods. The supply is infinite and therefore can always meet the demand, unless you artificially restrict it (such as through time-gated cosmetics). There is a world of difference between a physical store selling physical goods vs a virtual store selling virtual goods. Just because the act of buying hasn't changed doesn't mean the act of supplying has changed. It costs BHVR nothing to keep these outfits in the store. They don't take up space for newer stock, and there's no reason to time gate them at all outside of just plain greed.

    But anyway, you've avoided my question.

    What good does time limiting these cosmetics have towards the community?

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284503#Comment_3284503

    The act of buying from a physical store and a digital store is the same action for me, the act of buying does not change, so the comparison is spot on.

    I cant buy Christmas outfits at my stores in June. Is that now fear of missing out? I don't think so.

    The act of buying is the same,sure

    But if you ask anyone at your store why they're not selling Christmas outfits in June, they'll say that it doesn't make sense to keep a section of their store occupied with some stuff that is not going to be sold until is "relevant" again when they could use that section to store "in season" outfits.

    A digital store doesn't have that problem since digital goods don't take up important space that could be used for something else.


    (I suggest you try and go to one of your stores and ask them if they have some out-of-season stuff in the warehouse, they'll probably do and will be happy to sell it to you)

  • Referring specifically to the current cosmetic collection that's available for purchase with Auric Cells until January 4th - these outfits will be back next year. They also won't be available for Iridescent Shards during this period, seasonal items such as this are exempt from the system of outfits being available for iri shards after the 4 week period. I do not have information on what date they will once again appear in the store (presumably this time next year), nor can I say whether they will be purchasable with shards at that time.

  • Damn, no more 'buying with shards' copium. I'm sure a lot more outfits will coincidentally be considered 'seasonal' from now on

  • only legacy is limited right as far as I know, did they added any more limited ones?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284492#Comment_3284492

    I can literally go onto google and get outfits for summer, winter, halloween, spring, etc. at any time.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IQU3JW4O73M5/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S0R2NM5OSMMM/image.png

    Moreover, I could walk into my local Primark or H&M or any clothing store, really, and still find outfits for those seasons. It's the exact same with things like tinsel, pumpkins, Christmas crackers, eggnog, etc.- through the joys of online shopping, I can purchase them any time, not just during Christmas, or halloween, or Easter, provided there is still some supply left.

    Finally, with physicals stores you have to factor in supplies, and therefore the opportunity cost. Would those outfits sell particularly well in comparison to the more seasonally oriented ones? No, so much less are produced because it wouldn't be profitable because there's far less demand. You can still get them, but there's just less of them.

    None of this is applicable to digital goods. The supply is infinite and therefore can always meet the demand, unless you artificially restrict it (such as through time-gated cosmetics). There is a world of difference between a physical store selling physical goods vs a virtual store selling virtual goods. Just because the act of buying hasn't changed doesn't mean the act of supplying has changed. It costs BHVR nothing to keep these outfits in the store. They don't take up space for newer stock, and there's no reason to time gate them at all outside of just plain greed.

    But anyway, you've avoided my question.

    What good does time limiting these cosmetics have towards the community?

    What good does time limiting these cosmetics have towards the community?

    Seasonality. Its the best part of it. Its the only thing you gonna get.

  • @Someissues said:

    only legacy is limited right as far as I know, did they added any more limited ones?

    The Prime ones, Feng and Clown former Rift outfits, the Deep Rift ones, and now these seasonal ones.

  • @Mandy said:

    Referring specifically to the current cosmetic collection that's available for purchase with Auric Cells until January 4th - these outfits will be back next year. They also won't be available for Iridescent Shards during this period, seasonal items such as this are exempt from the system of outfits being available for iri shards after the 4 week period. I do not have information on what date they will once again appear in the store (presumably this time next year), nor can I say whether they will be purchasable with shards at that time.

    Thanks for letting us know.

    I'm horrifically disappointed, and massively let down, but thank you for at least letting us know in advance rather than allowing it to be figured out December 29th.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284518#Comment_3284518

    What good does time limiting these cosmetics have towards the community?

    Seasonality. Its the best part of it. Its the only thing you gonna get.

    And why is that a benefit? Because people won't be using these cosmetics exclusively during the winter seasons, and people will still have access to the older seasonal cosmetics, so why is it suddenly a benefit?

  • Yeah it's weird how the FOMO outfits are auric cell only

    It's almost like they want to pressure people into buying them or something, weird

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284653#Comment_3284653

    And why is that a benefit? Because people won't be using these cosmetics exclusively during the winter seasons, and people will still have access to the older seasonal cosmetics, so why is it suddenly a benefit?

    Actually, I stand corrected.

    20221202_172825.jpg

    They're now taking away older outfits which previously weren't even time limited. Image source.

    What the actual #########, BHVR?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284658#Comment_3284658

    Actually, I stand corrected.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XMS4Y39RE28U/20221202-172825.jpg

    They're now taking away older outfits which previously weren't even time limited. Image source.

    What the actual #########, BHVR?

    Wow, what a disgusting business practice.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284658#Comment_3284658

    Actually, I stand corrected.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XMS4Y39RE28U/20221202-172825.jpg

    They're now taking away older outfits which previously weren't even time limited. Image source.

    What the actual #########, BHVR?

    I guess the Feng Min money bucket is running dry

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284647#Comment_3284647

    Thanks for letting us know.

    I'm horrifically disappointed, and massively let down, but thank you for at least letting us know in advance rather than allowing it to be figured out December 29th.

    I completely understand that...and yes, we did not want players to expect them to be released for iri shards at the end of December and then become disappointed, whilst I'm not bringing good news, it's something we did want to address as quickly as possible.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284653#Comment_3284653

    And why is that a benefit? Because people won't be using these cosmetics exclusively during the winter seasons, and people will still have access to the older seasonal cosmetics, so why is it suddenly a benefit?

    Well so things are divided and people can look forward to something. perhaps you prefer Christmas 365 days a year?

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284658#Comment_3284658

    Well so things are divided and people can look forward to something. perhaps you prefer Christmas 365 days a year?

    I prefer being able to acquire digital goods with no limits on supply and therefore no reason to not have constant access to them whenever I want to access them, yes.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284658#Comment_3284658

    Well so things are divided and people can look forward to something. perhaps you prefer Christmas 365 days a year?

    The thing is, it's forced artifical exclusivity on content that was already available at any time

    BHVR has really went back on their no exclusive content stuff; amazon prime, stuff you need other games for and now this

    I get it, it sells but it's a scummy practice

  • I was considering buying some of these, but the fact that they're exempt from iri shards and the fact that they are time limited has made me decide to say no. What also has me saying no is the fact that solo q is still a terrible experience and that has no end insight. I won't be giving bhvr anymore of my money, until they start being for their player base.

    I don't care about the fomo, I'm choosing to miss out. because at this moment in time bhvr doesn't deserve my money. I'll continue to play with what I have, they're only skins.

    They keep changing things that do not need to be changed while never doing anything about or dragging their feet about issues until their golden children the fog whispers complain.

    Vault speed for killers didn't need to be changed, blast mine didn't need to be changed. The doors and pallets didn't need to be changed. The fact that the twins have to wait until january to be fixed is wrong. The fact that stadia players are hanging onto till pretty much the last moment to get their stuff transfered is wrong. The fact that I can't just go from my playstation to my pc and play with all my progression and purchases is wrong. The fact that nurse still hasn't been addressed is wrong. The fact that Jeff has no cosmetics is wrong.

    until bhvr starts to right this crap none of us should be giving them money. The only people that can make them change is us and our wallets.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284655#Comment_3284655

    I completely understand that...and yes, we did not want players to expect them to be released for iri shards at the end of December and then become disappointed, whilst I'm not bringing good news, it's something we did want to address as quickly as possible.

    Just want to make sure, his story does not dominate the narrative in your decision making on this, Im perfectly fine with seasonal cosmetics and some things being auric cells only.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284669#Comment_3284669

    Just want to make sure, his story does not dominate the narrative in your decision making on this, Im perfectly fine with seasonal cosmetics and some things being auric cells only.

    Why though

    Like I respect your POV, but why are you okay with this artifical exclusivity stuff?

    The game clearly doesn't need it, it wasn't a thing before so why is it being done now?


    Also I agree with you abt the auric only stuff, Idm that because at least the content is still available at any time.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284670#Comment_3284670

    I prefer being able to acquire digital goods with no limits on supply and therefore no reason to not have constant access to them whenever I want to access them, yes.

    Well I prefer Christmas one day a year.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284677#Comment_3284677

    Why though

    Like I respect your POV, but why are you okay with this artifical exclusivity stuff?

    The game clearly doesn't need it, it wasn't a thing before so why is it being done now?

    Also I agree with you abt the auric only stuff, Idm that because at least the content is still available at any time.

    Time limited offers is okay, seasonality is fine. The same way as Im fine with stores not having Christmas decorations every day of all years.

    You have to demonstrate to me why its bad first. Sure I can agree it would be bad if you prefer it every day, but your preferables should not dictate the rest of the world imo.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284684#Comment_3284684

    Time limited offers is okay, seasonality is fine. The same way as Im fine with stores not having Christmas decorations every day of all years.

    You have to demonstrate to me why its bad first. Sure I can agree it would be bad if you prefer it every day, but your preferables should not dictate the rest of the world imo.

    This isn't about preferences or seasons

    It's about content that was previously available to all being suddenly padlocked behind a month of the year in an obvious effort to drive up sales via artifical exclusivity

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284669#Comment_3284669

    Just want to make sure, his story does not dominate the narrative in your decision making on this, Im perfectly fine with seasonal cosmetics and some things being auric cells only.

    I'd be more than okay with things having remained how they were- most cosmetics being Auric Cell exclusive- if it meant that time-gated cosmetics were never in the picture.

    This game costs £25, with over £300 worth of paid-for DLC, and yet everything else about it is like it's completely F2P.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284684#Comment_3284684

    Time limited offers is okay, seasonality is fine. The same way as Im fine with stores not having Christmas decorations every day of all years.

    You have to demonstrate to me why its bad first. Sure I can agree it would be bad if you prefer it every day, but your preferables should not dictate the rest of the world imo.

    The irony of saying your preferences shouldn't dictate the world while wanting nobody to be able to get certain cosmetics outside of a certain time period because you don't like it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284677#Comment_3284677

    I'd be more than okay with things having remained how they were- most cosmetics being Auric Cell exclusive- if it meant that time-gated cosmetics were never in the picture.

    This game costs £25, with over £300 worth of paid-for DLC, and yet everything else about it is like it's completely F2P.

    I accept bHVR can make it the way they want to and the way that generates most sales. That does not make it scummy.

    The Ulitimate edition is 70 euro, you can save money.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284701#Comment_3284701

    The irony of saying your preferences shouldn't dictate the world while wanting nobody to be able to get certain cosmetics outside of a certain time period because you don't like it.

    If your argument is that seasonality does not provide ultimate freedom, then you are correct.

    But that does not make me not fine with seasonality.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284704#Comment_3284704

    If your argument is that seasonality does not provide ultimate freedom, then you are correct.

    But that does not make me not fine with seasonality.

    To be fair

    It's not your job to defend this practice

    BHVR should be the ones who tell us why this is a good idea and not scummy, not you.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284712#Comment_3284712

    To be fair

    It's not your job to defend this practice

    BHVR should be the ones who tell us why this is a good idea and not scummy, not you.

    So Guilty of being scummy until proven innocent?

    this does not fly mates, You have to demonstrate the scummy behaviour, not bHVR defending itself.

    I worked in retail and took marketing as subject in school. bHVR is like a sugar princess in terms of scummyness imo

  • DbD isn't retail.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284717#Comment_3284717

    So Guilty of being scummy until proven innocent?

    this does not fly mates, You have to demonstrate the scummy behaviour, not bHVR defending itself.

    I worked in retail and took marketing as subject in school. bHVR is like a sugar princess in terms of scummyness imo

    It's more so that I think we're owed an explanation why they are taking content that was previously available all year round and suddenly deciding to gatekeep it

    I don't expect them to come out and say "lol because we want more money" but I mean they could at least try to justify it or tell us why

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284703#Comment_3284703

    I accept bHVR can make it the way they want to and the way that generates most sales. That does not make it scummy.

    The Ulitimate edition is 70 euro, you can save money.

    Okay then- the Ultimate Edition of the game costs £56.52, and only includes original chapters up to All-Kill, meaning there are still at least 15 content DLCs to purchase, the majority of which are not available for currency obtainable through in-game playtime.

    And they're still using practices as if the game were F2P.

    BHVR aren't gonna give you free things my guy, you don't have to dickride this hard for a company that doesn't care about you beyond your wallet.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284726#Comment_3284726

    It's more so that I think we're owed an explanation why they are taking content that was previously available all year round and suddenly deciding to gatekeep it

    I don't expect them to come out and say "lol because we want more money" but I mean they could at least try to justify it or tell us why

    exactly, some of which right now can be bought with iri shards, but I bet you anything that next year when they return they will be auric cells only.

  • @BarnesFlam said:

    DbD isn't retail.

    Its true, DbD does not sell cosmetics. what?

    @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284726#Comment_3284726

    It's more so that I think we're owed an explanation why they are taking content that was previously available all year round and suddenly deciding to gatekeep it

    I don't expect them to come out and say "lol because we want more money" but I mean they could at least try to justify it or tell us why

    No, they dont need to justify it to regulars. If you were a board-member, sure. You can easily get all you need to know from their actions.

    Its not normal for businesses to share their marketing strategy like that.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284729#Comment_3284729

    Its true, DbD does not sell cosmetics. what?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284730#Comment_3284730

    No, they dont need to justify it to regulars. If you were a board-member, sure. You can easily get all you need to know from their actions.

    Its not normal for businesses to share their marketing strategy like that.

    I never said they NEED to my guy

    I said they SHOULD because BHVR tries to put across this image that they aren't a scummy company

    Besides they don't need to tell us their "marketing strat" it's obvious to all lmao. Artifical exclusivity and cringe twitter marketing. That's all it is

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284709#Comment_3284709

    Okay then- the Ultimate Edition of the game costs £56.52, and only includes original chapters up to All-Kill, meaning there are still at least 15 content DLCs to purchase, the majority of which are not available for currency obtainable through in-game playtime.

    And they're still using practices as if the game were F2P.

    BHVR aren't gonna give you free things my guy, you don't have to dickride this hard for a company that doesn't care about you beyond your wallet.

    Please dont assume Im arguing against your points because Im hoping to get things from BHVR.

    Its very dishonest of you. I wont and Im not. You better take me serious if you want me to take you seriously.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284739#Comment_3284739

    Please dont assume Im arguing against your points because Im hoping to get things from BHVR.

    Its very dishonest of you. I wont and Im not.

    Are you okay with them taking previously available content that has been around all year for iri shards and then re-releasing them next year for auric cells?

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284751#Comment_3284751

    Are you okay with them taking previously available content that has been around all year for iri shards and then re-releasing them next year for auric cells?

    Yes. You think I should be against that?

  • Realising that Bill's ugly sweater is only available via shards, will be removed, and reintroduced next year... via shards only because I'm pretty sure that DbD isn't allowed to make money off Bill's inclusion into the game.


    Yeah, that makes sense!

  • Everyone should be against anti-consumer garbage like that. Taking something that can be purchased with earned currency then pay walling it is absolutely scummy. Good to know where you stand and that your entire opinion can be flushed like toilet paper.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284757#Comment_3284757

    Everyone should be against anti-consumer garbage like that. Taking something that can be purchased with earned currency then pay walling it is absolutely scummy. Good to know where you stand and that your entire opinion can be flushed like toilet paper.

    I dont see why they cant change it up like that. So you think they are scummy cause they changed to pricing options?

    what cosmetics was it again?

    I think you are pretty fast on the scummy trigger.

  • This thread is so toxic, please stop.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3283981#Comment_3283981

    The being available for shards though atleast gives people a chance to not be forced to spend real money or miss out.

    Unless they confirm that I'm going to assume they're not going to be available for shards.

    Still, anyone who doesn't have enough shards (and 5 outfits cost a LOT of shards) will be still forced to miss out on those, unless they cough up money.

    I should've known better but I didn't think BHVR would be so anti-consumer to back track on that statement they made only a couple months ago. I thought maybe they actually listened to the complaints at Halloween about the 3 weeks to avoid shards and they adjusted at this event. Nope. Not only are they backtracking but they're also removing current shard available winter cosmetics to add them into their FOMO plan. Like they've already doubled down and made it worse.

  • @Emeal said:

    This thread is so toxic, please stop.

    The only thing toxic is supporting anti consumer changes. Especially when the economy is in the toilet and the costs of everything is going through the roof. What is free should stay free, what is available should stay available. End of story.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284658#Comment_3284658

    Actually, I stand corrected.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XMS4Y39RE28U/20221202-172825.jpg

    They're now taking away older outfits which previously weren't even time limited. Image source.

    What the actual #########, BHVR?

    What the hell bhvr....

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284380#Comment_3284380

    It's not okay, so let's try and convince more people to stop buying time-limited skins instead of having the "Yeah I don't like this but I'll but it anyway" mentality.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284411#Comment_3284411

    If you don't like it, then vote with your wallet, that's pretty much all you can do in cases like this.

    Reminding BHVR (and the community) of the anti-consumer tactics they're employing every time they do is another very good option (in addition to voting with your wallet, of course)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3284492#Comment_3284492

    There's a huge difference between physical goods and digital ones, comparing them makes little to no sense.

    And even if you do compare them, you ARE able to buy Christmas outfits in June.

    Fair point but it's impossible to get everyone to agree. Cause some people are truly okay with it. And some people will buy it just to spite the backlash. So i personally just let it unfold and act from there.

    I'm pretty disappointed that they made the shard rule exempt though and i don't want to pay for outfit so i won't be buying them at least.

1 2 3 4 5