Viewing killers profiles pre match - Steam

So it's literally that simple: Show killers profiles to the survivor prior to the match, because... Why not?

Reason for it: If a killer tunnels or camps - which is publicly despised i guess - many people credit that with a '-rep' on the killers profile. Of course this is extremely subjective, but if there are 3 pages of these comments and not a single '+rep', it's trustworthy - right? Regardless: The killer has the option to look at the survivors profile prior to the match and dodge the lobby if appropriate. Why shouldn't survivors be able to do so?

Streamers could avoid stream sniping by turning on the anonymous mode and if you don't want the survivors looking at your profile, you could do the same or even make your profile private.

Any arguments against it?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Tunneling or Camping isn't against the rules and people writing -rep on people's profile is often from rage and not because the person actually did anything wrong.

    This is only going to result in more harassment towards killers playing the game.

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    So it's literally that simple: Show killers profiles to the survivor prior to the match, because... Why not?

    Reason for it: If a killer tunnels or camps - which is publicly despised i guess - many people credit that with a '-rep' on the killers profile. Of course this is extremely subjective, but if there are 3 pages of these comments and not a single '+rep', it's trustworthy - right? Regardless: The killer has the option to look at the survivors profile prior to the match and dodge the lobby if appropriate. Why shouldn't survivors be able to do so?

    Streamers could avoid stream sniping by turning on the anonymous mode and if you don't want the survivors looking at your profile, you could do the same or even make your profile private.

    Any arguments against it?

    I'm good with it. If the survivors profiles are available, so should ours. Otherwise both should be hidden. I don't bother checking profiles but I know it's a thing with a lot of people.

  • I think the opposite, I think the visible lobby should be entirely removed and when you hit Ready from the character select screen it just eventually sends you or your swf straight into a game. That would eliminate a lot of the unnecessary lobby dodging and people annoyingly waiting the full minute for a game to start.

  • @dugman said:

    I think the opposite, I think the visible lobby should be entirely removed and when you hit Ready from the character select screen it just eventually sends you or your swf straight into a game. That would eliminate a lot of the unnecessary lobby dodging and people annoyingly waiting the full minute for a game to start.

    I would disagree there, because with that theres no way of us survivors dodging fellow but cheating survivors. I mean... How often do streamers dodge lobbies because of suspicious survivors - and they have every right to have that ability.

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217736#Comment_3217736

    I would disagree there, because with that theres no way of us survivors dodging fellow but cheating survivors. I mean... How often do streamers dodge lobbies because of suspicious survivors - and they have every right to have that ability.

    unknown.png

    nothing sus here

  • Thankfully this will never happen either way...

  • God I wish I had this game on steam. Harvesting -rep seems like such a fun minigame.

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217736#Comment_3217736

    I would disagree there, because with that theres no way of us survivors dodging fellow but cheating survivors. I mean... How often do streamers dodge lobbies because of suspicious survivors - and they have every right to have that ability.

    Too often because a lot of the people they dodge aren’t necessarily cheaters, they’re just anonymous players or whatever else might make a streamer think “maybe this is a cheater”. Not that cheating isn’t an issue but lobby dodging isn’t the answer.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    God I wish I had this game on steam. Harvesting -rep seems like such a fun minigame.

    I have a ton, and I don't even directly farm them.

  • The opposite direction of where the game should be going, it should remove all pre game and preferably even post-game easy profile access.

    And as far as -reps go, Steam traders figured out that stuff is completely worthless mere months if not weeks after steam trading was added to the platform, and moved to third party reputation tracker sites (different ones depending on the game). People can delete comments, they can get their pals to leave fake ones, they can leave fake ones with alt accounts and more. Genuinely zero value (and the way people that "play for salt" or to farm -reps act is also creepy as hell and shouldn't be encouraged in any way too)

  • I see an anonymous profile, I dodge. Otz does it, and he knows better than I do. The last three cheaters that I reported, two of them were anonymous.

  • I'd rather people not be able to access your profile at all, killers or survivors. Seeing name? Fine. Accessing profile directly from game? No.

  • @oxygen said:

    The opposite direction of where the game should be going, it should remove all pre game and preferably even post-game easy profile access.

    And as far as -reps go, Steam traders figured out that stuff is completely worthless mere months if not weeks after steam trading was added to the platform, and moved to third party reputation tracker sites (different ones depending on the game). People can delete comments, they can get their pals to leave fake ones, they can leave fake ones with alt accounts and more. Genuinely zero value (and the way people that "play for salt" or to farm -reps act is also creepy as hell and shouldn't be encouraged in any way too)

    If you don't see the value in '-rep': Fine! Why shouldn't others though? Just because YOU are not using it, others might.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217747#Comment_3217747

    Too often because a lot of the people they dodge aren’t necessarily cheaters, they’re just anonymous players or whatever else might make a streamer think “maybe this is a cheater”. Not that cheating isn’t an issue but lobby dodging isn’t the answer.

    That is true, but why shouldn't we be allowed to dodge anonymous players? I don't think it's necessary to hide your ONLINE identity - except you are a publicly known celebrity of some kind - without having the intention of doing something they don't want to be blamed for?

  • @oxygen said:

    The opposite direction of where the game should be going, it should remove all pre game and preferably even post-game easy profile access.

    And as far as -reps go, Steam traders figured out that stuff is completely worthless mere months if not weeks after steam trading was added to the platform, and moved to third party reputation tracker sites (different ones depending on the game). People can delete comments, they can get their pals to leave fake ones, they can leave fake ones with alt accounts and more. Genuinely zero value (and the way people that "play for salt" or to farm -reps act is also creepy as hell and shouldn't be encouraged in any way too)

    Would make it easier for cheaters to be undetected - If that is your goal...

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217774#Comment_3217774

    I have a ton, and I don't even directly farm them.

    Oh yeah. Considering how often I go out of my way to not tunnel, not camp and be extremely nice only to be told to harm myself in the endgame it's absolutely inevitable to get -rep. People just can't stand lose and always shift blame.

    Couldn't have lost just because you're sorta bad at the video game, right? No of course not. Must be those pesky killers camping and tunneling.

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217784#Comment_3217784

    That is true, but why shouldn't we be allowed to dodge anonymous players? I don't think it's necessary to hide your ONLINE identity - except you are a publicly known celebrity of some kind - without having the intention of doing something they don't want to be blamed for?

    Sorry some people don't want to be harassed over playing a video game.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217795#Comment_3217795

    Oh yeah. Considering how often I go out of my way to not tunnel, not camp and be extremely nice only to be told to harm myself in the endgame it's absolutely inevitable to get -rep. People just can't stand lose and always shift blame.

    Couldn't have lost just because you're sorta bad at the video game, right? No of course not. Must be those pesky killers camping and tunneling.

    This is not about us arguing wether we should consider '-rep' a trustworthy source of information. This is about being able to see the killers profile prior to the match starting. About the option of dodging a lobby like the killer is able to.

    @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217834#Comment_3217834

    Sorry some people don't want to be harassed over playing a video game.

    For me this is not a viable reason to not be allowed dodging them.

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217842#Comment_3217842

    This is not about us arguing wether we should consider '-rep' a trustworthy source of information. This is about being able to see the killers profile prior to the match starting. About the option of dodging a lobby like the killer is able to.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217843#Comment_3217843

    For me this is not a viable reason to not be allowed dodging them.

    You said you don't think it's necessary to hide your online identity. Harassment is a perfectly valid reason to. I'm sorry you have no respect for other people's privacy.

  • I'd actually go the opposite way and wouldn't be opposed to not seeing any profile in the lobbies and not dodge lobbies - it affects matchmaking and queue times so much.

    I certainly wouldn't want the survivors to see the killer profile - we had this at once point with a 3rd party programme and led to people getting dodged because they happened to be good at the game, or they beat someone before.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217795#Comment_3217795

    Oh yeah. Considering how often I go out of my way to not tunnel, not camp and be extremely nice only to be told to harm myself in the endgame it's absolutely inevitable to get -rep. People just can't stand lose and always shift blame.

    Couldn't have lost just because you're sorta bad at the video game, right? No of course not. Must be those pesky killers camping and tunneling.

    I would've gotten the escape if it weren't for you meddling killers and your underhanded tactics!

  • @Gregor7008 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217784#Comment_3217784

    That is true, but why shouldn't we be allowed to dodge anonymous players? I don't think it's necessary to hide your ONLINE identity - except you are a publicly known celebrity of some kind - without having the intention of doing something they don't want to be blamed for?

    Some people like their privacy, why shouldn't they be able to play anonymously without showing their steam profile or whatever? And after all you can still report someone who was cheating regardless of whether or not they are anonymous.

  • as far as I remember Survivors are extremely picky, if they could look at Killer profiles and if they got even the slightest clue that a killer would be into camping or tunneling. they would dodge.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd actually go the opposite way and wouldn't be opposed to not seeing any profile in the lobbies and not dodge lobbies - it affects matchmaking and queue times so much.

    I certainly wouldn't want the survivors to see the killer profile - we had this at once point with a 3rd party programme and led to people getting dodged because they happened to be good at the game, or they beat someone before.

    Yes please 🙂

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217856#Comment_3217856

    You said you don't think it's necessary to hide your online identity. Harassment is a perfectly valid reason to. I'm sorry you have no respect for other people's privacy.

    If you think so… My privacy is assured by me being Gregor7008 here and someone else in real life… If you get online stuff to you as a person you are doing something wrong. That is my opinion on it.

    @Mandy said:

    I'd actually go the opposite way and wouldn't be opposed to not seeing any profile in the lobbies and not dodge lobbies - it affects matchmaking and queue times so much.

    I certainly wouldn't want the survivors to see the killer profile - we had this at once point with a 3rd party programme and led to people getting dodged because they happened to be good at the game, or they beat someone before.

    Well then those staying actually want to play - Filtering out those, that are just toxic and are there to win not to have fun. And if matchmaking works, this shouldn’t be an issue either, right?

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217834#Comment_3217834

    Some people like their privacy, why shouldn't they be able to play anonymously without showing their steam profile or whatever? And after all you can still report someone who was cheating regardless of whether or not they are anonymous.

    Again: I’m not saying, that this shouldn’t be an option. I’m saying that it should be possible to see who everyone is you are playing with pre match and killers COULD disable this by playing anonymously. Meanwhile I’m justifying people dodging anonymous player of certain reasons. Why are you, and many else here, blaming me for that 😂?

  • I would argue that you either let both sides see each other or no one could see each other to be fair.

  • I want "-rep" thing on xbox. I would love to have such a collection!

  • careful,you still can get kicked in the balls for showing a hacker's nickname despite it being a throaway acc

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd actually go the opposite way and wouldn't be opposed to not seeing any profile in the lobbies and not dodge lobbies - it affects matchmaking and queue times so much.

    I certainly wouldn't want the survivors to see the killer profile - we had this at once point with a 3rd party programme and led to people getting dodged because they happened to be good at the game, or they beat someone before.

    is there even a reason why killers can access survivors profiles at this point? It’s also leading to dodged lobbies after all..

  • I dont really care one way or the other tbh. I do wish there was some kind of way to look at console and other platform profiles as well though.