Do You Wanna Stay in Game Whenever You Hit to Stage 2

Whatever was reason, if your team fail to save you before stage 2 what are you doing? Giving up or still playing?

Comments

  • I still play no matter what. I really only gave up if there was a cheater in the game. Otherwise it's worth playing. If you're lucky you'll be the last one to die if you get saved

  • If they're just on gens not even bothering to try and save until the last second then I'm gonna do them all a favour and remove the need to save me

  • @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    I still play no matter what. I really only gave up if there was a cheater in the game. Otherwise it's worth playing. If you're lucky you'll be the last one to die if you get saved

    I am usually killing all survivors and letting go this survivor who hit the second stage. Because even after that, they did not give up. This mindset deserves to be rewarded.

  • Depends, is it a Nea, Meg, and Claudette all crouched by the hook pacing back and forth for 100 seconds before realizing far too late that they don't actually want to save me? (Mind you, I have a build with Kindred, Breakdown, and Open-Handed)

    Or do i have teammates who are destroying with their gen speeds and clearing everything out?

    If its the former, there's no need to stay. They don't have the skill to know when to go for a save, are non-committal so they wouldn't be able to help each other afterwards, don't do gens so escaping was never a possibility, and generally games like this are absolutely boring because the killer knows they can repeat this behaviour to reap massive rewards.

    If its the latter, I'm living vicariously through the other survivors and hoping they all get out, even if it means I am dead.

    Yet, if the only reason I'm hooked is because another survivor purposely brought the killer to me (especially if I was deep in a gen) all bets are off. If im not saved soon, that player obviously didn't want me in the match and I'm moving on to a match where people actually mutually care about survival.

  • If they crouched round the map not doing anything I'm out.

    If I go second stage but we still pushed alot of gens then I'm staying.

    I'm a team player, I dont play just for my escape I play for everyones and so I'll do whatever I can to help as many people escape as possible.

    Just because something doesnt go my way or the killer has a good start doesnt mean I'll give up. I only give up if no one is on a gen and they arent saving either (like just think how stupid it is no one is doing the only objective, drives me crazy it even exists)

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Whatever was reason, if your team fail to save you before stage 2 what are you doing? Giving up or still playing?

    Yeah I usually stay on but it also sorta comes down to why you hit stage 2, was someone like 3 meters away from you then thats just unlucky, were they finishing the last gen before saving then sure maybe that was the better idea, were they sitting in a locker 6 meters away from the hook because they can still hear weskers terror radius on midwich? well then its a bit more of a pain.

  • Nope. I’m not a cry baby. Sure, it absolutely blows. But I will always continue playing unless there’s a cheater. I just won’t be as altruistic as I usually play. Soon as gates are powered, open and gone.

  • If they don't bother to save me even with Kindred equipped, I'm out

  • I wouldn't be happy about it but I'd still play. The game isn't over until it's over (Usually when 1 person is dead and there is no way the gens are getting done or when all survivors are out.)

  • As long as I'm not dead, I keep on playing. Although if my team keeps diving on the killer and getting down I eventually give myself up to the Killer, then they decide. I don't care about either dying or surviving.

  • depends on the situation. I might just remember hitting stage 2 and keep that into consideration for later.

  • Want to? It can depend. On what's going on. I'm not going to get irritated by teammates trying to get that last bit on a gen/mistimed how much time they had to come get me or things like that. But if it's pretty obvious that the rest of the team is just messing around, then I don't particularly want to stay in the match. I will in most cases.

    The only ones I won't stay for is when it's obvious that most/all of the other survs are purposefully throwing the match. There's just no point in bothering to stay.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Whatever was reason, if your team fail to save you before stage 2 what are you doing? Giving up or still playing?

    I give up, because behavior allows a lot of hackers, they never change this and never will.

  • It depends why I did. Did I attempt to escape as the second to last survivor, because the other won’t rescue and has been hiding all game? You better believe I’m giving the killer as much time as possible to find them, while I get a few struggle points and watch to see. If they were a good team player, on the other hand, I will die ASAP so they can have a better chance at getting hatch.

    Am I being camped while the team cranks out gens? Most definitely I’ll stick around for them too! Are they just meandering around, either hiding or multiple of them trying to unhook? Those two skill checks can’t come any faster.

  • it entirely depends on the situation for me.

    Is there a cheater? Was I deliberately sandbagged? Was my team not doing anything at all? Did my team opt to start a generator as a group while I was hooked and not being camped? Did my team wait until I reached stage 2 before even making an attempt? I'm not struggling for you peace out.

    Yesterday I had a bill and an ada crouching within 6 meters of me and they let me get to stage 2 and it was a dwight who ran up and pulled me off the hook. I made sure to stay long enough to help the dwight survive after that.

    Am I being faced camped? I will stay as long as my team is actively doing gens and punishing the face camper.

    Am I on the other side of the map and the survivors were finishing a gen? that sucks for me but I am staying.

    Was the situation tough and the survivors made an effort but simply couldn't? yeah I am going to stay.

    unfortunately this game despite being a "team" game, really suffers from a lack of team play. In most cases I fight till the finish. But some games in solo q nah its gg next for me. And if I am being 1000000% honest, I never give up because of killer actions, it is almost always the actions of my "team".

    Situations where its 5 gens and we're all at 2 hooks I'm out too. I don't care for hatch escape because other than some bp it doesn't matter. I'll let someone else have that opportunity to escape.

  • I'll stay in the game, hide in a corner and wait for hatch.

  • It depends. Is there any possibility that my staying will have some benefit? Is the Killer camping? Is anyone going for the rescue? Were people on gens? Then yes. Even if the game is totally lost but someone is coming for the save I'll wait so they can get unhook BP and then play like we had a chance so we can get more BP.

    On the other hand, if it's obvious that nobody is coming then I might get the struggle BP if I played a BP offering that affects it. If not, I'll just go so I can get into the next game.

  • I usually play all my games out - Sometimes I'll dip if I'm doing a Tome and there is zero chance of me getting it.

    @GoshJosh said:

    It depends why I did. Did I attempt to escape as the second to last survivor, because the other won’t rescue and has been hiding all game? You better believe I’m giving the killer as much time as possible to find them, while I get a few struggle points and watch to see. If they were a good team player, on the other hand, I will die ASAP so they can have a better chance at getting hatch.

    Am I being camped while the team cranks out gens? Most definitely I’ll stick around for them too! Are they just meandering around, either hiding or multiple of them trying to unhook? Those two skill checks can’t come any faster.

    I do this as well.....may as well get your Struggle points :P

  • If I hit stage 2 with everyone alive and no gens completed in exchange I instantly tilt.

    Exception being if I'm being camped, then it's like what can you really do. I'll stay on the hook in that case to give everyone a better chance.

    It's a case by case basis, but if I feel like I didn't need to hit stage 2 then I'm not going to stick around.

  • Are my teammates hiding, allergic to generators or moonwalking in circles? No, I won’t hold on.

    Is the killer adequately applying pressure and making rescue difficult? Yes, I’ll hold on until the end.

    Do I have to suddenly poop or are my fluffy babies sitting on my keyboard? Meh, it’s only a game, toe beans are more important.

  • It depends on the situation. If it happens at 4 or 5 gens then I don't really WANT to. But I will stay just for the sake of the other players.

  • I've never quit a game.

  • @dugman said:

    I've never quit a game.

    I did once. I actually dc’d because I was new to the game and had a string of Myers and Ghosties. One Ghostie scared the crap out of me so bad I was just done with the night. I’ve never done it again though. I think my problem was I’m not really a horror fan and hate getting scared, but the 2019 Dbd experience somehow hooked me.

  • No, but I'll usually stay and avoid my team at all costs. I'll still help them and do gens, but will stay away from them if I can. Mainly because they tend to be sandbaggers.