"He's just trying to get Evil Incarnate why locker deny him?"

'Cause it worked.

image.png

We had to avenge those two poor fellas somehow.

Comments

  • I remember when I used to play on ps4, occasionally you'd get a message while in the lobby, that the killer was doing this challenge. Most of the time it went well, the killer got themselves their achievement after letting us farm for a little bit. Didn't work every time. Sometimes there were 3 or 2 willing participants, and a couple who didn't want to play ball (fair is fair, nobody is obligated to, just as no killer is obligated to give hatch or farm) but I had enough of those messages that I know it helped a few people out.

    It's made harder now with cross play, and sadly the killer can't join start lobby chat (or at least I haven't seen one use it)

    It'd be nice to think that people would be more accommodating, I try to be when I understand what's going on, and at the very least I try to be the last going down. However just as no killer is obligated to make a survivor's match fun or easy, no survivor is obligated to ignore the fact that your build and intent, have a counter.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212067#Comment_3212067

    It's a "free" win?

    Man has to game throw for five minutes while hunting down every single Survivor for maximum stalk drain, and you are out here throwing around the word "free".

    Its actually 3 Survivors to get to EW3, 5 points for EW1 to EW2 and 25 for EW2 to EW3 (5 base and each addon adds 10), its not that hard if you are used to playing Myers unless you get Coldwind maps, also its not that hard to trick Survivors into thinking you dont have the Tombstone so they are less prone to run the very second they spot something a mile away.

    Even if it was superhard, it doesnt justify unavoidable insta Kills, Survivors must have a way to counter it and thats lockers.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212104#Comment_3212104

    Its actually 3 Survivors to get to EW3, 5 points for EW1 to EW2 and 25 for EW2 to EW3 (5 base and each addon adds 10), its not that hard if you are used to playing Myers unless you get Coldwind maps, also its not that hard to trick Survivors into thinking you dont have the Tombstone so they are less prone to run the very second they spot something a mile away.

    Even if it was superhard, it doesnt justify unavoidable insta Kills, Survivors must have a way to counter it and thats lockers.


    Oh, they "must", huh? Where is that written?

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I feel like a lot of people who get the Evil Incarnate achievement get it when they start playing Michael as they face less organized groups in low mmr and less people who know about the locker counter.

    As for Left for Dead, I think the only practical way it can happen is if you're spared by killer at 1 gen left and if you communicate that you want to finish it.

    I got it when I first started playing killer in 2019. They didn't know about the add on and I brought a mori thinking maybe I would confuse them. It worked. It would be harder for me now if I had to get it.


    Not gonna Iie, my sfw team has denied many Myers this achievement. One end game pretty much told us off. He got one tombstone mori. And that's all. We died on hooks but we didn't care.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212005#Comment_3212005

    I got it when I first started playing killer in 2019. They didn't know about the add on and I brought a mori thinking maybe I would confuse them. It worked. It would be harder for me now if I had to get it.

    Not gonna Iie, my sfw team has denied many Myers this achievement. One end game pretty much told us off. He got one tombstone mori. And that's all. We died on hooks but we didn't care.

    Oh, that's actually really smart bringing a mori to cover your tracks. I hadn't thought of it !

    I don't really care one way or the other about denying the achievement. I've been killed a couple of times by tombstone Myers, but never in a context that would have given them Evil Incarnate. I think I'd let them have it, since it's quicker and opens the door to funny endgame chat, but I respect people who are relentless enough to take it to lockers haha.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212498#Comment_3212498

    Oh, that's actually really smart bringing a mori to cover your tracks. I hadn't thought of it !

    I don't really care one way or the other about denying the achievement. I've been killed a couple of times by tombstone Myers, but never in a context that would have given them Evil Incarnate. I think I'd let them have it, since it's quicker and opens the door to funny endgame chat, but I respect people who are relentless enough to take it to lockers haha.

    This worked then because the mori system was different. You only had to hook them one time. So if they weren't in a swf then they had no clue if it was the mori or tombstone unless they knew a lot about the add on. Plus, I think I faced noobies being a noobie killer then myself. Something like this may work around rank reset.

  • @Veinslay said:

    When I was going for the achievement, I only got annoyed when the very last survivor did the locker thing after I already had 3 Tombstone kills. At that point, I think they're just being petty to deny the achievement. They're dead either way, locker or Tombstone, it makes no difference

    And when they're already losing, why should they just give you what you want again? Because you want it? No. Same thing with those "hook all survivors in the basement" challenges. If I realize that's what you are doing, I will go out of my way to go down as far from the basement as possible to make sure you don't get it. I'm your opponent, not your friend. I'm the kind of person that if I know I'm going to die, I'm happy blowing up the house with both of us inside just to spite you.

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210326#Comment_3210326

    Its toxic if youre the last survivor in EGC with hatch closed and youre constantly just getting into a locker. Like dude youre gonna lose no matter what you do, might as well give the poor guy his achievement. Chances are hes on his 5th attempt or so

    You are not entitled to your achievement.

  • I'm not expecting them to just hand it to me but at the same time can you at least be mature about it and let me have it when I've already won?

  • Is a common sense gameplay balance mindset, having stuff nobody can oppose makes for poor gaming experiences, thats why infinite windows, first iteration Moris, pallet vacuum, instantgen BNPs and a lot of other stuff has been changed or deleted entirely for the game in the span of 6 years.

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212561#Comment_3212561

    I'm not expecting them to just hand it to me but at the same time can you at least be mature about it and let me have it when I've already won?

    Which is entitlement. You act like you deserve it at that point. You didn't earn it until you see it pop up on the screen. You are my opponent. I am not going to intentionally do anything that you want.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212770#Comment_3212770

    Which is entitlement. You act like you deserve it at that point. You didn't earn it until you see it pop up on the screen. You are my opponent. I am not going to intentionally do anything that you want.

    I'm not saying I deserve it but would it kill you to have the decency to make my day a bit better? It's not like it matters to you if I get my achievement, why so actively try to prevent me from getting it and waste your own time? I know the killer is supposed to be your opponent but it's not on a personal level dude

  • @AverageAshEnjoyer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212820#Comment_3212820

    I'm not saying I deserve it but would it kill you to have the decency to make my day a bit better? It's not like it matters to you if I get my achievement, why so actively try to prevent me from getting it and waste your own time? I know the killer is supposed to be your opponent but it's not on a personal level dude

    Why? You made mine crappier by playing a painfully unpleasant add-on to begin with. I just love getting ~10k bp if we're lucky as we try to rush gens and hide LOS until you suddenly start 1-shotting everyone. Sorry. I have no compulsion to be friendly after that.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212829#Comment_3212829

    Why? You made mine crappier by playing a painfully unpleasant add-on to begin with. I just love getting ~10k bp if we're lucky as we try to rush gens and hide LOS until you suddenly start 1-shotting everyone. Sorry. I have no compulsion to be friendly after that.

    Fair. But that just makes the myers play more tombstone games lmao

  • Honestly, I think it is a fun challenge. It was different from all the other's. The hardest part was honestly spending blood points to level him up to some good perks as well as pay for the Tombstones + Fragrant Hair. It's honestly very terrifying to play against, knowing it's a 1-hit KO. And let's be honest, it does take a ######### ton of time to charge up, so honestly there is a chance Myer's won't be able to get it, if everyone plays well.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212216#Comment_3212216

    Is a common sense gameplay balance mindset, having stuff nobody can oppose makes for poor gaming experiences, thats why infinite windows, first iteration Moris, pallet vacuum, instantgen BNPs and a lot of other stuff has been changed or deleted entirely for the game in the span of 6 years.

    Just because it exists does not mean it needs a counter.


    ESPECIALLY if it takes a ton of work to reach that point.


    I think it is a cheaper experience that a Myers can equip TWO iri add ons, gamethrow for several minutes doing nothing but stalking, and then all of that defeated because someone with two braincells pressed spacebar near a big red box.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    When I was going for the achievement, I didn't have a problem with someone jumping into a locker -- that's just a smart play to keep from being Moried, and there's nothing wrong with that. Good play on your part to survive the Tombstone and live to tell the tale.

    What I DID have an issue when I was going for the achievement were the survivors who DC'ed once they knew what I was doing. While they didn't know I was trying for the achievement, rage-quitting because of a Tombstone still seemed petty and childish.

    When I was going for it, I brought BPS or cakes into the matches as an incentive to keep people from hitting the "leave match" button, but it took a couple of attempts before I got a group that played it out to the end. They were either all crossplay, or had their messages off, or I would have heartily thanked them for being good sports (and sparing me the endless de-pips I would have had to eat if it had taken me longer to get it).

    I played against a Tombstone Myers who had 2 kills by the final gen. I had survived long enough so I popped the last gen and ran off to find him. Waved him over and let him mori me for the third. Figured it was now a race for the hatch or that final kill, so I spectated to see if he'd get the 4k. Myers gets to hatch first then is approaching the last survivor who is opening the exit, he's only steps away when... the last survivor DCs lol it was so anticlimactic

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3212806#Comment_3212806

    Just because it exists does not mean it needs a counter.

    ESPECIALLY if it takes a ton of work to reach that point.

    I think it is a cheaper experience that a Myers can equip TWO iri add ons, gamethrow for several minutes doing nothing but stalking, and then all of that defeated because someone with two braincells pressed spacebar near a big red box.

    Just because it exists does not mean it needs a counter.

    Yes it does, stuff that doesnt need counters are non consequential things to the game or very basic mechanics needed for normal gameplay flow.

    ESPECIALLY if is something that allows the Killer to bypass their objective entirely.

    I think it is a cheaper experience that a Killer can equip TWO iri add ons (that are actually not that rare nor expensive), apply no pressure and playing without much skill doing nothing but staying at a distance looking at people and then be rewarded by bypassing the hook stages entirely once they get into M1 range.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3213282#Comment_3213282

    Just because it exists does not mean it needs a counter.

    Yes it does, stuff that doesnt need counters are non consequential things to the game or very basic mechanics needed for normal gameplay flow.

    ESPECIALLY if is something that allows the Killer to bypass their objective entirely.

    I think it is a cheaper experience that a Killer can equip TWO iri add ons (that are actually not that rare nor expensive), apply no pressure and playing without much skill doing nothing but staying at a distance looking at people and then be rewarded by bypassing the hook stages entirely once they get into M1 range.

    And I think it is cheaper that you can just ignore all of that by stepping in a locker. You want to talk about counterplay that takes no skill, look no further.

1 2 ›