Well matchmaking is definitely broken

ac2adc69-3efe-4707-b518-441d523e5dac.png

There is no way me and my mates with our ######### performace as survivors should be getting put against prestige 55 sweat nurses like this. That player probably has more playtime on dbd than i sleep in a year. Me and my mates started playing about a month ago, why does the game think we should be against one of the best nurse players in the world?

Comments

  • I've been saying this. I lose so much as survivor but the killers i go against don't get any worse. One match it's bubba with that benji build, i lose, and then next match it's prestige 21 nurse who kills everyone at 2 gens left. It's hard to believe this game has matchmaking at all.

  • Seems like a normal Nurse game to me.

    Maybe there were no other players around. The MMR surely picked you for a reason...

  • Prestige doesn't attribute for skill.

  • @Sepex said:

    Prestige doesn't attribute for skill.

    Not at normal levels. But how often do you see a prestige 55? And the game was a rout. We didn't even get one gen done. She was on us instantly. Didn't help it was on midwich.

  • How long did you wait for the match?

    How long did the first chase last?

    I do apologize if asking this seems defensive but I do want to understand

    Cause they did say (and I don't know if they changed it) that they match more based on connection then anything else

  • I don't think this game has mmr. MMR rating is hidden for a reason you know. BHVR tried good working MMR in the past but killer mains cried loudly over it because you need actually to compete against equal skill survivors instead of farming weak lobbies in never-ending winstreak spree

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    How long did you wait for the match?

    How long did the first chase last?

    I do apologize if asking this seems defensive but I do want to understand

    Cause they did say (and I don't know if they changed it) that they match more based on connection then anything else

    Matchmaking was pretty much instantaneous as usual for survivor queues. The first chase wasn't a chase lol they blinked on top of me while i was working a gen and insta grabbed me. They clearly had an insane map knowledge and took us apart in a matter of seconds. No gens done.

  • Sometimes the algorithm has to put someone who's been waiting a while in the next available match regardless of the ratings.

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    I don't think this game has mmr. MMR rating is hidden for a reason you know. BHVR tried good working MMR in the past but killer mains cried loudly over it because you need actually to compete against equal skill survivors instead of farming weak lobbies in never-ending winstreak spree

    Yh it's something that makes this game kinda rubbish. Love the concept, but i hardly ever see an even match. Usually it's killer just walking over a team. I get bored playing killer because it's so easy. And playing survivor in solo q is like banging my head against a brick wall. Swf is better, we individually escape maybe 30% of the time which is fine by me. But it's frustrating when you outplay the killer then lose 2 survivors because of scummy perks like NOED.

  • @Sepex said:

    Prestige doesn't attribute for skill.

    Most of the time it does not always of course but it shows that the player is dedicated and plays the game alot which means they have alot of game knowledge and knows what they're doing.

    Most of my sweaty matches are against high prestige survivors and I can tell the difference between them and low prestige survs.

    When I play a killer that I am low MMR on Trickster for example I never go against high prestige players because well I suck at Trickster so I play against really low MMR and clueless survivors which are all very low prestige.

    Then when I switch to a killer that I play alot Oni or Blight my lobbys are always full of high prestige survivors and they're giving me a real challenge.

    so yes in some way high prestige = more game knowledge + more skilled(remember not always but most of the time).

  • @Ayamir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194586#Comment_3194586

    Most of the time it does not always of course but it shows that the player is dedicated and plays the game alot which means they have alot of game knowledge and knows what they're doing.

    Most of my sweaty matches are against high prestige survivors and I can tell the difference between them and low prestige survs.

    When I play a killer that I am low MMR on Trickster for example I never go against high prestige players because well I suck at Trickster so I play against really low MMR and clueless survivors which are all very low prestige.

    Then when I switch to a killer that I play alot Oni or Blight my lobbys are always full of high prestige survivors and they're giving me a real challenge.

    so yes in some way high prestige = more game knowledge + more skilled(remember not always but most of the time).

    Yeah it's a correlation. Higher prestige means higher play time and that *usually* equates to higher skill. But prestige 55 is clearly a bit of a no lifer for that character.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194608#Comment_3194608

    Matchmaking was pretty much instantaneous as usual for survivor queues. The first chase wasn't a chase lol they blinked on top of me while i was working a gen and insta grabbed me. They clearly had an insane map knowledge and took us apart in a matter of seconds. No gens done.

    Ok Thanks.... I was just wondering

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1P6ZA23AS77Q/ac2adc69-3efe-4707-b518-441d523e5dac.png

    There is no way me and my mates with our ######### performace as survivors should be getting put against prestige 55 sweat nurses like this. That player probably has more playtime on dbd than i sleep in a year. Me and my mates started playing about a month ago, why does the game think we should be against one of the best nurse players in the world?

    Too bad you do not have the perks. My first guess would be "lethal pursuer": This would explain why she was at you at once.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1P6ZA23AS77Q/ac2adc69-3efe-4707-b518-441d523e5dac.png

    There is no way me and my mates with our ######### performace as survivors should be getting put against prestige 55 sweat nurses like this. That player probably has more playtime on dbd than i sleep in a year. Me and my mates started playing about a month ago, why does the game think we should be against one of the best nurse players in the world?

    Hey OP, I feel you. This is why I stopped playing solo queue, the matchmaking. I'm a mediocre survivor, paired with even worse solo players, taking on One Pump Willie and Ralph. Both 5 gen slaughters with me having the most points at 10k. Never again lol

  • I wonder if they changed something in the background cause my matches are also very off. For survivor I'm getting baby killers with decent survivors, While for killer I'm getting ridiculously strong survivors on killers that I haven't played in a long time.

  • @WipeIncGamingYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347255/well-matchmaking-is-definitely-broken

    Too bad you do not have the perks. My first guess would be "lethal pursuer": This would explain why she was at you at once.

    Weirdly enough she wasn't even running that, only aura perk was nurse's calling i think, 2 scourge hooks and i forget the other. At least the game was mercifully short. But i can understand why people DC nurse games now. There was literally no chance of achieving anything, let alone escaping.

  • @Veinslay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347255/well-matchmaking-is-definitely-broken

    Hey OP, I feel you. This is why I stopped playing solo queue, the matchmaking. I'm a mediocre survivor, paired with even worse solo players, taking on One Pump Willie and Ralph. Both 5 gen slaughters with me having the most points at 10k. Never again lol

    Mood. I spend most of my time on here complaining about how bad the solo q experience is. I only play swf as survivor now, otherwise i just die and get let down by substandard teammates

  • matchmaking has been broken forever.