I'm leaving

Hi,

I don't usually like to complain because I understand that being a developer for a game is a lot of work and effort to cater to everybody and everything that people want. However, being (most of the time) a soloq/2man survivor player, I can't play this game anymore. I have 2k hours, own a tiktok with over 15k likes and a Twitch channel just because of DBD, yet the game has grown to a state where it makes me feel 10x worse after playing than it did beforehand.

Killers are tunnelling all the time, I see the same few killers every single game and survivors just can't compete with all the stuff killers have these days. I don't necessarily blame killers for playing strong killers (because those like Pig, Ghostface etc are just boringly weak).

However I played 7 matches today with my friend, and we both have over 2k hours. ALL of those matches the killer got 4 kills and mostly ended by hitting on hook and nodding. I don't go around clicking my flashlight at them, I do gens and save when I need to, and I can loop the killer for a good few minutes, yet even then the match ends at 1/2 gens with all being dead.

I don't appreciate the excuse 'just get good' because I can loop and I can be useful during matches; with 2k hours of course I'm going to have some idea of how to do that. But nowadays, when a killer even just gets looped, they take it as a personal offence and tunnel you out and hit/nod at you. It's tiring and sad because I used to enjoy this game on both sides (I still agree that killers should have gotten the buff they did in the past), but now playing survivor against these killers just feels so punishing and leaves you feeling like there's no chance to win at all.

I'm going to stop playing because this game just feels like it's at a point where its stale and more toxic than ever. Thanks for reading and again, sorry that this post had to be so whiney and complainative, but I just had to say my opinion and viewpoint before I left. <33

Comments

  • @Kirahie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194358#Comment_3194358

    Ah yes, the "easy" role despite the fact that good SWFS are tracking on 300+ 4 man escapes.

    Sounds like a skill issue.

    I feel that every thread that has complaints about soloQ balance issue should have a counter until someone brings up SWF.

    Yes, SWF have a huge advantage. I don't think I've seen anyone argue the opposite. What does that have to do with the obvious problems with solo (where I suspect most of the players are)?

  • @Babz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194811#Comment_3194811

    Apologies if it came off like this - the reason I said the followers etc was to make it clear how much effort and time I had spent on things involving this game. I did also write this post when I was quite stressed and tired with the state of the game, perhaps why it comes off as 'melodramatic'.

    I learned a long time ago never come to the forums if frustrated with a string of bad games. It just leads to a rant.

    I’ve done it myself before.

    But it’s it only a game in the end, the decision to stop playing really isn’t a major lifestyle choice.

    Play something else for a bit and if they change dbd in a way you like then come back and play it some more. That’s all there is to it.

    After thousands of hours in game it’s not really a revelation to think “hey I’m tired of this let’s try something else.”

  • You certainly have experience in this department.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195255#Comment_3195255

    I learned a long time ago never come to the forums if frustrated with a string of bad games. It just leads to a rant.

    I’ve done it myself before.

    But it’s it only a game in the end, the decision to stop playing really isn’t a major lifestyle choice.

    Play something else for a bit and if they change dbd in a way you like then come back and play it some more. That’s all there is to it.

    After thousands of hours in game it’s not really a revelation to think “hey I’m tired of this let’s try something else.”

    ok thanks, no need to be sarcastic :)

  • I don’t tend to write sarcastically in text it doesn’t translate well without intonation.

    That first post genuine.

    People get way to into things as trivial a computer games and the resulting fallout is usually ridiculous and just a lil comical.

  • Guess we're twins then!

  • I absolutly understand what you are saying. Playing survivor is a complete hell. I don't know how long I could do this, because I feel burned out too, but I just want to finish that stupid survivor achievements (spoiler: didn't get any progress in a MONTH!)

    Would never want to play survivor deliberately. I still don't understand why make killer so easy and survivor so impossible (I'm 1300h myself). Of course on this form lots of explanation like "git gud useless clown", but I don't know how more good I could be as I don't learn anything from any match. 10-30 seconds chase, hook, 10-30 sec chase, hook (if killer don't tunnel camp).

    I still believe that all those idiots with insults never played survivor for obvious reasons, because if I am hopeless trash, it's unlikely that hundreds and hundreds of other people that matched with me are brain dead too. I cannot believe it.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    I absolutly understand what you are saying. Playing survivor is a complete hell. I don't know how long I could do this, because I feel burned out too, but I just want to finish that stupid survivor achievements (spoiler: didn't get any progress in a MONTH!)

    Would never want to play survivor deliberately. I still don't understand why make killer so easy and survivor so impossible (I'm 1300h myself). Of course on this form lots of explanation like "git gud useless clown", but I don't know how more good I could be as I don't learn anything from any match. 10-30 seconds chase, hook, 10-30 sec chase, hook (if killer don't tunnel camp).

    I still believe that all those idiots with insults never played survivor for obvious reasons, because if I am hopeless trash, it's unlikely that hundreds and hundreds of other people that matched with me are brain dead too. I cannot believe it.

    Honestly agree.

    I mainly don't understand why some reply to these complaints with things like 'ok?' that contribute nothing to the overall point we are trying to make. It's not us trying to make survivor an 'ez' experience, but more trying to understand why the majority of killers are tunnelling, slugging until bleed out, bming etc; trying to make the survivor experience as miserable as possible.

    Survivor is already hard enough without proper communication, and I have always played more solo Q than swf so it directly affects players like me. I understand that SWF groups have massive winstreaks; perhaps that is something that needs to be addressed as well. But solo Q players recently seem to be struggling to get any wins at all (neither have any fun); and that's the situation I am trying to bring light to, since it literally made me leave the game.

  • People leaving a game because of totally legit game mechanics.

    Gamers are getting weird these days.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's frustrating. Really frustrating. They've essentially balanced the game around bad/average killers but didn't make any discernable changes to survivor matchmaking logic. You still get the same mix of good teammates and weak links, but you go against these omega slowdown builds where you can't have any inefficiency. And the killers are rarely what I would consider good. They just have these ridiculous builds that carry them.

    True. tbh it all goes down to those full slowdown perks/builds that will stomp low-mid tier survivors and even most of the "chill" SWF.

    Bad/average Killers deserved good buffs, basekits are a good idea idc. But to give that amount of slowdown perks that synergise in an oppressive way and many of them don't have a proper counterplay, That's what's pushing people away.

  • I envy you for getting out at 2k hours. I've sunk more than 5k hours into DBD and can't seem to give it up, even when more than half the games I play leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't play it anywhere near as regularly as I used to though.

    I even made a post quite similar to yours around the drop of the mid-chapter update. Got the same kind of boring responses too (ok, bye, who cares lmao). Ignore them. You've got every right to express your opinion on the state of the game (on the DBD forum, no less) and highlighting that it's caused you to quit can help to bring attention to the problem. There's a reason why posts like these seem to get so much attention.

    Breaks always do me good when a game seems to burn me out. Give the game a try again when the next update drops or later. Maybe then it'll have the same spark that drew you into the game in the first place. Or you could give it up altogether and probably save yourself any future trouble. All the best anyway.

  • @Wezil said:

    DBD is by far the most toxic community I've ever seen and I play League of Legends. At this point, I come to watch killer players and survivor players wallow in their abject misery. The real winners are the ones that quit this game.

    The forum is more fun than the game right now.

  • I fully sympathize with everything you're saying, but I think both sides feel this way.

    This game is currently stuck in a really vicious cycle. All it takes is for a killer to verse a really toxic SWF with toolboxes, spare parts, and map offerings to get frustrated and then take it out on other survivors. Conversely, all a survivor needs to do is play solo-queue and verse a really sweaty Nurse that slugs for them to feel disillusioned and take it out on the next killer. The issue is that whilst this isn't supposed to be a competitive game, most of the player base treats it as a competitive game. You only have to look at perk choices - despite the big 'meta shift' back in July, killers are still running gen regression/slow down meta, and survivors still favor second chance perks - this is because running these perks help them 'win'. I experience this a lot when playing solo-queue, I love to run fun, gimmicky builds but 9/10 times it gets me killed because the perks aren't powerful enough to verse the current killer meta, so I end up reverting back to the same old boring perks. Same with playing killer, you try and run some fun and underused perks, but you just get gen-rushed and teabagged at the exit gate. Both sides have glaring issues which I think stem down mostly to MMR.

    Sorry to see you go, anyway! Hopefully there will be some positive changes in the game which will make you want to return.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    I envy you for getting out at 2k hours. I've sunk more than 5k hours into DBD and can't seem to give it up, even when more than half the games I play leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't play it anywhere near as regularly as I used to though.

    I even made a post quite similar to yours around the drop of the mid-chapter update. Got the same kind of boring responses too (ok, bye, who cares lmao). Ignore them. You've got every right to express your opinion on the state of the game (on the DBD forum, no less) and highlighting that it's caused you to quit can help to bring attention to the problem. There's a reason why posts like these seem to get so much attention.

    Breaks always do me good when a game seems to burn me out. Give the game a try again when the next update drops or later. Maybe then it'll have the same spark that drew you into the game in the first place. Or you could give it up altogether and probably save yourself any future trouble. All the best anyway.

    Withdrawal takes around 7-14 days. Then it becomes an interesting spectacle.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196101#Comment_3196101

    Withdrawal takes around 7-14 days. Then it becomes an interesting spectacle.

    You joke but my relationship with this game may genuinely be something akin to addiction. I just can't seem to put it down even though most of the time my mind is screaming that I'd be having more fun doing something else. Longest break I've ever taken was about a month but that was eons ago. The last time I tried to give it up (the post I was referring to) I went only a week. Something's off.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196110#Comment_3196110

    You joke but my relationship with this game may genuinely be something akin to addiction. I just can't seem to put it down even though most of the time my mind is screaming that I'd be having more fun doing something else. Longest break I've ever taken was about a month but that was eons ago. The last time I tried to give it up (the post I was referring to) I went only a week. Something's off.

    I'm not joking. This game is addictive.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's frustrating. Really frustrating. They've essentially balanced the game around bad/average killers but didn't make any discernable changes to survivor matchmaking logic. You still get the same mix of good teammates and weak links, but you go against these omega slowdown builds where you can't have any inefficiency. And the killers are rarely what I would consider good. They just have these ridiculous builds that carry them.

    You really feel the game is balanced around Trapper, Freddy, Sadako and Co.?

    I mean.... REALLY?

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196115#Comment_3196115

    Well maybe i was 30% joking. I was having trouble quitting, as well.

    Haha well good on you for getting out while you can. It's scary to think that the 'haha funny but actually miserable loop pallet hook game' can actually develop into something like an addiction. I don't think I even really noticed that I was 'addicted' until I actually tried to go without playing the game for a while recently. Not that I think it's anything severe. There are factors outside the game such as friends and the streaming community I have which keeps me invested. I cut out DBD I kind of cut them out too because DBD is how I interact with them.

    But still. For something that brings me such regular displeasure it's weird I still feel obligated to play. But I think right now I'm nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. That obligation is starting to wain. Been replaying Resident Evil of all things and it's so much more chilled out. I have like an enormous backlog of single player games that I need to get through.

    Maybe I'll make a start on them soon.

  • DBD is definitely a unique game that offers a lot of unique gameplay. I'm hoping that the game improves and that I can have fun playing it again someday.

    Until then, I am going through and playing a bunch of games I haven't played or that I stopped playing bc I was playing DBD. It's definitely been more relaxed and I feel a lot better all around.

  • @LittleBigSunset said:

    I envy you for getting out at 2k hours. I've sunk more than 5k hours into DBD and can't seem to give it up, even when more than half the games I play leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't play it anywhere near as regularly as I used to though.

    I even made a post quite similar to yours around the drop of the mid-chapter update. Got the same kind of boring responses too (ok, bye, who cares lmao). Ignore them. You've got every right to express your opinion on the state of the game (on the DBD forum, no less) and highlighting that it's caused you to quit can help to bring attention to the problem. There's a reason why posts like these seem to get so much attention.

    Breaks always do me good when a game seems to burn me out. Give the game a try again when the next update drops or later. Maybe then it'll have the same spark that drew you into the game in the first place. Or you could give it up altogether and probably save yourself any future trouble. All the best anyway.

    I appreciate this, thank you and I wish you the best too :) If you struggle to leave the game, don't stress it and instead just try and make the game a better place when you do play.


    @sonata93 said:

    I fully sympathize with everything you're saying, but I think both sides feel this way.

    This game is currently stuck in a really vicious cycle. All it takes is for a killer to verse a really toxic SWF with toolboxes, spare parts, and map offerings to get frustrated and then take it out on other survivors. Conversely, all a survivor needs to do is play solo-queue and verse a really sweaty Nurse that slugs for them to feel disillusioned and take it out on the next killer. The issue is that whilst this isn't supposed to be a competitive game, most of the player base treats it as a competitive game. You only have to look at perk choices - despite the big 'meta shift' back in July, killers are still running gen regression/slow down meta, and survivors still favor second chance perks - this is because running these perks help them 'win'. I experience this a lot when playing solo-queue, I love to run fun, gimmicky builds but 9/10 times it gets me killed because the perks aren't powerful enough to verse the current killer meta, so I end up reverting back to the same old boring perks. Same with playing killer, you try and run some fun and underused perks, but you just get gen-rushed and teabagged at the exit gate. Both sides have glaring issues which I think stem down mostly to MMR.

    Sorry to see you go, anyway! Hopefully there will be some positive changes in the game which will make you want to return.

    This is really true; great point. I feel like toxic players cause a vicious cycle that aggravates both sides, and unfortunately ends up clashing with players who just want to chill and have fun.

    I can especially sympathise with killers here since being ganged up on by 4 toxic survivors feels really punishing.

  • Best of luck with content creation, should you to continue to follow that passion!

    I've a friend with over 200k subs on Youtube, continuing to upload Fortnite content, despite losing his passion for the game long ago.


    You're making the right call here. You'll be happier for it in the long run.

    I uninstalled the game this morning, so I'll be joining you in this leave.

    Cheers

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I’m taking a step away from DBD too, game feels so boring on both ends. A big break is always important.

    I find its more fun playing Killers, since you have total "control" on your MMR to keep the game not too boring vs low MMR survivors, or too stressful vs high MMR survivors. If I cant 2K within 8-10 hooks no camp/tunnel, I deserved to be on lower MMR.

    Playing survivors is pretty much just Gen rush.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194174#Comment_3194174

    You really feel the game is balanced around Trapper, Freddy, Sadako and Co.?

    I mean.... REALLY?

    I don't mean the killers themselves, I mean the players. Top killer players weren't having issues before the patch and aren't having issues now. Killers have so many options to turn their brains off now and still win. At least before the patch you had to mostly think about what you were doing. Now you can just slap on CoB/Overcharge/Eruption and commit to any chase you want as long as you kick gens, for example.

  • what a boring topic. It's like some sort of crying corner for those who can't handle the stress of playing a..... videogame?? lol

  • @Wezil said:

    DBD is by far the most toxic community I've ever seen and I play League of Legends. At this point, I come to watch killer players and survivor players wallow in their abject misery. The real winners are the ones that quit this game.

    That's why I for example are still on this forum without playing the game for almost a year now.

    This is the substitute for the closed lol forum where it always was such a delight and entertainment to read from banned people how unfair it is and that they didn't do anything only to read their excessively toxic chat locks. Aww the good old days.

  • @Babz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195872#Comment_3195872

    Honestly agree.

    I mainly don't understand why some reply to these complaints with things like 'ok?' that contribute nothing to the overall point we are trying to make. It's not us trying to make survivor an 'ez' experience, but more trying to understand why the majority of killers are tunnelling, slugging until bleed out, bming etc; trying to make the survivor experience as miserable as possible.

    Survivor is already hard enough without proper communication, and I have always played more solo Q than swf so it directly affects players like me. I understand that SWF groups have massive winstreaks; perhaps that is something that needs to be addressed as well. But solo Q players recently seem to be struggling to get any wins at all (neither have any fun); and that's the situation I am trying to bring light to, since it literally made me leave the game.

    but more trying to understand why the majority of killers are tunnelling, slugging until bleed out, bming etc; trying to make the survivor experience as miserable as possible.

    Maybe because since the glory days in year 1-3 were survivor had all the tools in the world, and after a while learned how to use them, weren't any better and relished any advantage they had and made sure killer felt that they were at a disadvantage.

    In the meantime until today both sides have aggravated each other so far that this detrimental mindset has become the norm.

    Only since 6.1 killer are maybe at the distinct advantage and this behaviour from their side became the more obvious one.


    Survivor is already hard enough without proper communication, and I have always played more solo Q than swf so it directly affects players like me. I understand that SWF groups have massive winstreaks; perhaps that is something that needs to be addressed as well.

    And you know what the problem is? Solo vs any kind of swf (2-,3- and 4-people) is during prime time from my subjective experience roughly 50:50.

    Killer face solo and swf parallel all the time.

    Just from checking profiles i concluded that full solo and full 4-men swf are outliers with similar rarity. The vast majority is a mix of solo and 2/3-men swf and you can't balance for both in the given state of the game.

  • @Babz said:

    Hi,

    I don't usually like to complain because I understand that being a developer for a game is a lot of work and effort to cater to everybody and everything that people want. However, being (most of the time) a soloq/2man survivor player, I can't play this game anymore. I have 2k hours, own a tiktok with over 15k likes and a Twitch channel just because of DBD, yet the game has grown to a state where it makes me feel 10x worse after playing than it did beforehand.

    Killers are tunnelling all the time, I see the same few killers every single game and survivors just can't compete with all the stuff killers have these days. I don't necessarily blame killers for playing strong killers (because those like Pig, Ghostface etc are just boringly weak).

    However I played 7 matches today with my friend, and we both have over 2k hours. ALL of those matches the killer got 4 kills and mostly ended by hitting on hook and nodding. I don't go around clicking my flashlight at them, I do gens and save when I need to, and I can loop the killer for a good few minutes, yet even then the match ends at 1/2 gens with all being dead.

    I don't appreciate the excuse 'just get good' because I can loop and I can be useful during matches; with 2k hours of course I'm going to have some idea of how to do that. But nowadays, when a killer even just gets looped, they take it as a personal offence and tunnel you out and hit/nod at you. It's tiring and sad because I used to enjoy this game on both sides (I still agree that killers should have gotten the buff they did in the past), but now playing survivor against these killers just feels so punishing and leaves you feeling like there's no chance to win at all.

    I'm going to stop playing because this game just feels like it's at a point where its stale and more toxic than ever. Thanks for reading and again, sorry that this post had to be so whiney and complainative, but I just had to say my opinion and viewpoint before I left. <33

    Its funny how some Andy with some tik tok channel want to be felt important so he is making a good bye post. If you dont like it just go, or are you doing some pr crap to get more likes?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3194603#Comment_3194603

    I find its more fun playing Killers, since you have total "control" on your MMR to keep the game not too boring vs low MMR survivors, or too stressful vs high MMR survivors. If I cant 2K within 8-10 hooks no camp/tunnel, I deserved to be on lower MMR.

    Playing survivors is pretty much just Gen rush.

    For me I think playing killer is only more fun because you’re not holding M1 constantly.

  • That's pretty true. I uninstalled yesterday and dont plan to return until the next mid-chapter. This game has been so,oh so sad these past few months.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3196106#Comment_3196106

    That's pretty true. I uninstalled yesterday and dont plan to return until the next mid-chapter. This game has been so,oh so sad these past few months.

    I agree. I was hoping to play during the Halloween event, but I might actually skip it.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    If survivor is so bad and killer so good, then why don't you play killer? This is a genuine question I have. Because the choice to quit rather than playing what one considers the "easy role" means there must be something else causing that role to be so undesirable that quitting is better than swapping to it.

    maybe because no one wants to wait 10-15 minutes for a single game. I for example was a killer main, 90% killer 10% survivor. Now I"m reversed. I can count the amount of killer games I've played in they last two weeks on 1 hand. My role went from instant queues to being pretty much a waiting sim.

  • No, we both have a user history that is starkly different.

    Yours plays out like you live in a fantasy world. Surprisingly, that fantasy world clearly isn't DBD either.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195844#Comment_3195844

    No, we both have a user history that is starkly different.

    Yours plays out like you live in a fantasy world. Surprisingly, that fantasy world clearly isn't DBD either.

    What are you talking abt. 💀

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    Best of luck with content creation, should you to continue to follow that passion!

    I've a friend with over 200k subs on Youtube, continuing to upload Fortnite content, despite losing his passion for the game long ago.

    You're making the right call here. You'll be happier for it in the long run.

    I uninstalled the game this morning, so I'll be joining you in this leave.

    Cheers

    Thanks man, hope you enjoy it too <3

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I am a killer main with 6k hours in the game. I don't play much survivor but I do understand how toxic Dead by Dayligh is now.

    I even have a reply from someone that looks like:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M3OIR4RVMJJA/image.png

    It's on both sides and it's really bad nowadays especially at the highest levels but not only. You may get mad quickly.

    I must mention that I also dislike the number of people trying to mock the main poster by saying stuff like "You don't have to announce your departure" "Thanks for the annoucement", it makes me think like you don't care about some people of this community and instead of showing empathy to people having a bad time you couldn't care less. Even though you may be joking, I don't believe the main poster takes it the same way and you are also not contributing with help.

    Anyhow brother, take it good, keep yourself cool and you are welcomed back. Remember DbD is a good game, don't let yourself stressed by the rest. Much love and take care

    This is really lovely, thanks for being so understanding. Even though I wrote this post with a bit of frustration, I agree that rather than posting snarky, unnecessary replies; actually contributing to the discussion is a lot more helpful. I subscribed to your YouTube <3

    @KajdanKi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347163/im-leaving

    Its funny how some Andy with some tik tok channel want to be felt important so he is making a good bye post. If you dont like it just go, or are you doing some pr crap to get more likes?

    It appears some people here struggle to read. I mentioned the TikTok as an example of how much time I had invested in this game and its content. 15k likes doesn't just come out of nowhere; it takes time and effort to build up content and quality.

    @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3195844#Comment_3195844

    No, we both have a user history that is starkly different.

    Yours plays out like you live in a fantasy world. Surprisingly, that fantasy world clearly isn't DBD either.

    what

1 2 ›